Loft 310 - Private Event Venue in Downtown Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo, MI

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Hotel, Loft, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

310 E.Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI

a wonderful start to our happily ever after

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Kimberly W

The Upper Loft at Loft 310 was the perfect place to hold our wedding reception. Kimberly and Sara were so easy to work with, quick to respond to all emails and were very accommodating of any and all of our special requests. They even went above and beyond on a few items that... Read More definitely impressed our guests. The loft space was clean and modern and didn't require much decoration to look great. Choosing an all inclusive venue and knowing that one entity was handling the room set up, food, bar, etc. definitely made the planning process easier. The service and the food were amazing - way better than 'typical wedding food'. Having access to a Ready Room just off the main hall was such a nice benefit for our bridal party to be able to relax and have a place to store their stuff and for the band to be able to have a space to relax during their breaks. Guests were so impressed with the facility, staff and amenities and told us that it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever been to. Overall, we are very happy that we chose to have our reception at Loft 310 and would highly recommend this venue.

Awesome rooftop wedding

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Rachel W

We were married on the SkyDeck, the rooftop venue above Loft310, in May. We got very lucky with weather, but there was a backup plan in place laid out by the staff in case of rain. It turned out fantastic, our guests were very impressed with the views. I was surprised when they... Read More said they could host of wedding of over 200 on the space, but the layout was very nice. While we took pictures, our guests had a cocktail hour in the Gatsby room that is connected to Loft310. It was an extra fee, but worth it. Very stylish. The reception was in the Loft main room. The food was fantastic, especially the appetizers. The staff was friendly and quick to remove plates and deliver the main course, either chicken parm or prime rib. Nice portion sizes, everyone seemed happy with their meal. The DJ they provided (can't recall his name!) was a lot of fun. The call before the ceremony from him was nice to get on the same page with music choices. Overall, we would recommend this venue for any wedding where you want something unique or classic. Kimberly and Sara were very easy to work with and someone was in the room at all times to answer questions. Thank you!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Sarah S

The Loft 310 was everything and then some. My husband and I were beyond impressed with the service, the venue, and the fantastic food. We couldnc't have been happier with the way everything went on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Vanessa R

Our wedding was at loft 310 on July 1,2016. It was amazing!!!! we wanted our wedding to be a cocktails and heavy appetizers/desserts and one big party celebration...and that's exactly what we got!! Shannon Potts and her staff were amazing to work with! I planned our wedding... Read More from out of state, they made it super easy to contact them and responded to emails very quickly!!! their venue was beautiful and decorates itself ...we used minimal decor with just centerpieces and decorating our welcome table. Everyone had the BEST time and all we heard from guests was how great of a time they had, awesome food or this was the best wedding they've ever been too! Great to hear after a year of planning!! Convenient for any guests traveling from out of state as the radisson is walking distance. Our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING as the themed clubs, rooftop overlooking downtown kzoo and the suites make any photographer drool with so many photo ops!!!! You'll feel like a model for a bride/groom magazine. Definitely book your wedding here...you will not regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Tyree L

I would highly recommend Loft 310 for any special event. The staff is absolutely amazing! They do a fantastic job at making sure you are stress free on your wedding day (and that's something I really wanted in a venue). Shannon and Amanda are INCREDIBLE! They are both very... Read More professional and responded to all my questions promptly (and I had a lot). Shannon and Amanda took my wedding and acted like it was their own, which I really appreciated. They didn't want anything to go wrong just as much as I didn't and made sure everything was perfect. I keep looking back on my wedding day and questioning how it was so perfect with no flaws but it's all comes down to the staff at Loft 310! Without them I wouldn't of had my dream wedding! I am very blessed for their team. Also this venue is stunning! Absolutely stunning.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Christie B

My experience working with everyone at the Entertainment District in Kalamazoo was nothing short of phenomenal. We had our ceremony on SkyDeck, our reception in the Upper Loft, and we rented the Bridal Suite as a ready room. The staff is very professional, extremely outgoing &... Read More friendly, very responsive to all communication, and their organizational skills are remarkable. From the time my husband, Justin, and I went on our first tour of the facility we fell in love with the urban chic setting. It was exactly what we were looking for. Kimberly was our initial point of contact and she was such a kind and patient individual and sat with us going over multiple details until we felt we had all our questions answered. Even after the tour I emailed her multiple times for clarification and she responded immediately despite it being a weekend. Upon signing our contract with the Entertainment District we began working with Shannon, whom was an absolute gem. Shannon and her counterpart, Amanda, worked together throughout the wedding preparation and were both present during our tasting and final meeting to ensure everyone was on the same page and able to step in if the unexpected were to arise, giving us peace of mind. Justin and I live on the east side of Michigan and chose to have our wedding in Kalamazoo since this is where I’m original from. This was the perfect venue for an out of town couple with limited time to make the trip back and forth. The venue provided all the tables and linens, the catering, the DJ, and they coordinated with all outside vendors to ensure minimal stress on our part. They also provide a Google Document with all the information one needs including the tasting schedule, the meal and beverage package selected, payment details, the ceremony details and timeline, reception details & timeline, contact information, parking information, DJ form, and the master guest list with formulas created to know exactly how many meal types were at each table. It was so simple and became my lifeline to ensure all details were covered. The facility itself is impeccable, very trendy, and the staff runs like clockwork. If there were any glitches during our wedding day, I was not made aware of them and from my perspective everything ran so smoothly with no stress. I can honestly say the Entertainment District put on the most perfect wedding for us and made sure it was “The Best Day Ever.”

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Megan I

My wife and I had both our ceremony and reception in the Entertainment District of Downtown Kalamazoo. The ceremony was on SkyDeck and the reception was in the Upper Loft. We also rented out the Penthouse for my bridal party and I to stay at the night before/get ready the day of... Read More and as the place my wife and I would stay the night of our wedding. The spaces themselves are absolutely stunning and required little decorating on my part, which was a serious plus. But, it was the private events team that really made our wedding the wonderful event that it was. Kimberly did a wonderful job explaining the financial breakdown and made us feel comfortable with our investment. Shannon and Amanda are literally the best and were irreplaceable members of our wedding team! I don't think we could have pulled this off without them and had so much fun working with them through the whole process. Everyone was quick to respond to questions and help with last minute details for things that I didn't even think about until I thought it was too late. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of and everything went off without a hitch largely due to how talented and professional Shannon and Amanda are. If you are looking for a space that needs little decoration, AMAZING food, and absolutely wonderful and supportive staff then I cannot recommend Loft310 and the Entertainment District enough. Both my wife and I wish that we could do it all again because it was so great the first time! (Plus, if you are looking for an LGBTQA+ friendly location and team you will be so happy with them!)

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Kyle F

I could not more highly recommend the Loft310 team! Our journey began with an incredible tour and detailed meeting with Kimberly that suited our personal needs, tastes, and vision. We then had plenty of follow-up contact throughout the planning process and met Amanda and... Read More Shannon, who led us through the food tasting, detailed planning, and ongoing communication (along with goodie bags, gift certificates, and plenty of hugs). The whole team is SO warm, so professional, and truly truly top-notch. I was in the midst of an intensive graduate program, and the Loft310 Team took much of my planning chaos and set me at ease. This is not their first rode0! My husband and I could not be more impressed with the quality and efficacy of their work. We were not terrific at wedding planning on our own, and the Loft310 Team was just what we needed! I truly can say our wedding day was one of the most relaxed, joyful, and amazingly peaceful days of my life, and I attribute much of that to the Loft310 Team! DJ Disco Dave, Tony the Chef, the waiters, bartenders, and all other behind the scenes workers were unbelievable also! We definitely recommend using in-house services (ie. Fond of Florals, Bash Bakery, etc.) if you are able - that added to our sense of ease, peace, and joy! We loved our experience with Loft310. Could not have asked for a more special journey, and a more special day.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Tracy M

Great staff, great venue, great food! These were all of the feedback that we got from our guests. The "hard to please" crowd also said nothing but praises! Having the bars close so the after party could continue was an added bonus!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Coryn S

My husband and I had our reception at Wild Bull Saloon. We had a fantastic time! From start to finish, the staff was extremely helpful and made the decisions easy. All of our guests had such a wonderful evening. If you are considering which location to have your reception, I... Read More strongly recommend Wild Bull Saloon. It is a fun atmosphere and can be transformed into a beautiful venue (make sure the have the bull running, too!). The food was outstanding as well. Our guests are still raving about it!

The perfect reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Cynthia D

This venue was perfect!!! Kimberly, Shannon, and Amanda were all amazing helping us out and accommodating. I highly recommend this place and the staff to anyone. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were also prompt on getting empty dishes off the table as well as... Read More serving the food on time. They accommodate the physically handicapped as well, which was extremely important to us.DJ Dave was also amazing. He played all of the music we had requested and kept our guests dancing all night. Our wedding was on the 9th of October, 2015 and our guests are still raving about how much fun they had, along with the food and service. If you want a perfect reception, this is the place. Well worth every penny!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Allison L

Shannon and the rest of the team were more than helpful with everything we needed! Shannon responded to emails at all times of the day and always answered my questions immediately! The venue is beautiful and I loved how simple it was so that I could decorate and customize the... Read More venue to my personal tastes. Everyone complimented the Upper Loft and how beautiful everything was! We used the in house DJ (Bob Vick) and he was awesome! Our schedule went a little out of order at the reception and we cut the cake earlier than we were ready and the employees that boxed up the top portion of our cake ended up smashing it so we did not get to keep it. Other than that, we did not have any complaints! So many of our guests complimented us and told us that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to! The venue is in a great location and a lot of our guests continued the party and went to Sky Deck or Monaco Bay after the reception ended.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Aileen L

Everything about this event space was perfect for our wedding. Through the contract signing process, Kimberly was helpful and accommodating, never pushy. Shannon was wonderful to work with; she was laid back, had helpful recommendations but did not push unsolicited advice, super... Read More responsive with all communication, worked around our schedule and being long-distance. Our wedding day was easy and stress-free, thanks to their staff. Shannon had everything coordinated, the staff was great, all our belongings were packed up into a few boxes for us by the end of the night. Plus the space is beautiful. I would highly recommend Loft 310 for a wedding, especially if you're planning from a long distance; they really take care of a lot of the planning process and day-of logistics.

Modern event space in Kalamazoo

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Amber M

Overall, the Sky Deck is awesome and the Loft 310 is a great space.

Our Wedding Day was Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 R C

I am not one of those brides that is a planner and Shannon Potts (event coordinator) and her team made planning our wedding a breeze! From the day that we signed our contract to the moment the lights turned on at the end of the night, everything was perfect! I cannot stress... Read More how AWESOME Shannon and all the staff of LOFT 310 are to work with! Shannon was so responsive to emails (it was kind of crazy how quick she responded :), she helped us with finding other vendors, helped us order in furniture, provided an awesome food tasting with the Chef Boswell, and even helped us accommodate more guests 2 days before our wedding! I highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married in Kalamazoo, Michigan!!!!!

Intimate Wedding at the Gatsby

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Jennifer C

I was recently married on January 10, 2015. We opted for a small, yet formal affair. The Gatsby was the first and only place we considered! The staff accommodated our 50 guests for an evening service on the dance floor with a beautiful backdrop of dramatic windows. The intimate... Read More candlelight service was immediately followed by a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres reception. The food was impeccable and high class (as we knew it would be following the private tasting appointment). The Gatsby was beautiful with minimal decorations and photo options at every turn. Our guests had a fantastic time dancing the night away and then being invited to enjoy the other venues, complimentary, once our event concluded. We are so happy with the outcome of the evening. Shannon was a highly attentive, responsive, and calming wedding planner every step of the way despite my frantic emails throughout the months prior. I am so pleased with our decision to marry at the Gatsby. Every guest has remarked about how unique the venue was and what fun they were able to have.

We found the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Kathryn T

My wife and I had an amazing experience with The Loft 310 Special Events Team. Shannon and Kimberly were there with us every step of the way. From the first meeting to the evening of our wedding reception everything was perfect! If you want to best for your special day, you must... Read More work with the best and we defiantly found it! My highest recommendations go to this wonderful team and beautiful facility!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 kallie L

My husband and I had our reception at Loft 310/ Gatsby. We had the Gatsby for the entire night, which cost more but was totally worth it! It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was amazing. They were very responsive to my emails, and very organized, and were willing to go... Read More above and beyond to make everything perfect for us and to help us out. For example- The day after my wedding I realized that I had left my purse (with my ID, credit cards, etc.) at the Loft the night before, which was a huge problem because I was going out of the country on my honeymoon the next day. The Loft was closed, as it was a Sunday, so I started freaking out. Shannon got back to me almost immediately after I contacted her and had someone meet one of my bridesmaids to get my purse within an hour. This venue is a little expensive, but that’s because it’s AMAZING. You totally get what you pay for. Everything was stunning. Many of my friends and family members said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Plus, other than bringing any small decorations you have for the tables or anything you want to add- they do everything for you. It’s nice to have the food, music, table set up, etc. all done by one vendor because they know what they are doing and you don’t have to coordinate anything. And if you do have outside vendors (we had a photobooth and of course a florist), Shannon contacts them and works with them to make sure everything goes as planned. She takes so much stress out of the wedding planning/coordinating. I was worried about the DJ at first, because we just went with the one provided by the Loft (you can bring in your own if you want), and I didn’t know a lot about him. He was PERFECT. He got everyone up and moving but wasn’t too “in your face” or obnoxious. He was there to do whatever we wanted, even the random “snowball” dance game I decided I wanted to do mid- reception haha. Oh, and one worry that I had was space. We had 229 people, and I was concerned about how we would fit everyone in there and still have space for a dance floor. I was sure we would have to take tables down after dinner to have space to dance but we didn’t. There was PLENTY of space, especially with having the Gatsby added on. I can’t say enough about how happy I was with our experience with Loft 310. I want to do it all over again!

Good to have a back up plan :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

First of all this was not my first 'rodeo'. Both my fiancé and I have been married before and we have a blended family with our 3 pre and teen-agers. We decided to have a fall wedding (October 4th 2014) and it turned out literally picture perfect. We originally had picked the... Read More Sky Deck but were strongly encouraged to have a back up location. Since our engagement was over a year out we had time, but decided to pick early. When we first saw the Gatsby we immediately knew we liked it. Good thing as the day before we had come to the realization that it was just too cold that day to be up on the deck. Needless to say, it ended up being perfect! We had only about 70 people, mostly adults and it was for just hors d'ouerves and cocktails anyway. So the Speakeasy came to life with class and sophistication. We still have people raving about the food and how fun it was. I have to say the staff.. from our first meeting with Kimberly, to Kelly and most of all Shannon (Potts) our wedding coordinator -- they hit it out of the park! It was a little bit pricy, but as weddings go, I knew well ahead what the costs would be.. and it was definitely WORTH it. Completely satisfied doesn't even cut it. If you want something people will talk about for a long time, then have your event at one of the many venues in the Entertainment District. The Private Events staff listened, and we got everything we wanted.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Mick K

We had both our ceremony and reception here in the Loft310 and Gatsby venues. Coordinating from Chicago, Shannon and her team were super helpful and accomodating, and a real pleasure to help make our wedding dream come true. Our guests loved our wedding, from the beautiful decor... Read More down to the amazing food we had. We can't thank you enough!

A Unique Venue.

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Karen B

We planned a weekend to look at venues in Kalamazoo in November. We fell in love Loft310 from our first steps into the venue. We met with the Sales Manager, Kimberly and were instantly impressed by the beautiful Lofts, as well as the SkyDeck. We wanted to do something a bit... Read More different for our wedding, as we were having it 600 miles from home (in my fiance's hometown), and were asking a large number of our guests to travel. When we saw the Monaco Bay piano bar, we were sold. We held our ceremony and cocktail hour on the SkyDeck rooftop of the Rosenbaum building and the dinner reception in Monaco Bay. Kimberly, and her associates Shannon and Kelly were wonderful. Planning from such a distance was very stressful for me and they did so much to ease my apprehensions, being very responsive to emails. Our tasting at Monaco Bay, as well as our 2-week meeting prior to the day, helped us to cement our choices. Shannon and Kelly were great in explaining how they would help out on our big day. The food was amazing.The planning staff, as well as the chef were also very accommodating with the multiple food allergies and celiac disease concerns amongst our guest list. Monaco Bay provided the unique reception space that we desired for sure. We took advantage of the dueling pianos to add a bit of dramatic flair to the evening for our guests. They definitely added an element of fun, that we'd never experienced at other weddings we've attended as guests. There were several minors details that fell through the cracks, but nothing that detracted from our big day. For example, we had cupcakes which were serve yourself, but we had asked for our small cutting cake to be served to the wedding party. At the end of the evening, as we were packing up, we realized that this hadn't happened. There was another party going on another floor and we wondered if that impacted the amount of support during our reception. Despite, the minor hiccups, we'd choose SkyDeck and Monaco Bay again in a heartbeat.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Kelly M

I cannot even begin to say enough great things about Loft 310 and their staff. They made our wedding day truly memorable and we so helpful throughout the entire process. Kimberly in sales is awesome and she is super informative when you are deciding if you want to host your... Read More event with them. Our wedding ceremony was on the SkyDeck, and our reception was at Loft 310. Once everything was set and signed we began working with Shannon, the event coordinator. Shannon is amazing at what she does and is willing to make all of your wedding day dreams come true. I don't know what we would have done without her, she is really the best. SkyDeck is so beautfiul for a wedding ceremony, the Kalamazoo skyline is the perfect backdrop and great for pictures after. Loft 310 is stunning inside and a blank canvas for whatever you can dream up. The chefs there make incredible food, everyone at the wedding raved about how good it all was. I will say that everything does seem a little pricey when you get your initial quote, but they break everything down into managable payments for you, and in the end, it was totally worth the money we spent to have our day go off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Loft 310 (and SkyDeck!) to any future brides in the Kalamazoo area who want a unique wedding venue. You will seriously not be disappointed.

FAIRYTALE WEDDING THANKS TO LOFT 310

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Bryana C

Having our wedding and reception at Loft 310 was, by far, the best decision we could have made. Everyone talks about having to prepare for something to go wrong on the wedding day. I can honestly say, everything from the day I met Kim at The Loft was perfect. Shannon was our... Read More hero- such a pleasure to work with. The entire staff is so friendly, and they think of everything you would possibly need to know in order to plan and execute a perfect wedding. Even our guests have told us this was the best wedding they have been to! My husband and I wish we could experience the day all over again. From the gorgeous venue, to the immaculate penthouse suite, to the delicious food, to the wonderful staff...we couldn't be happier with Loft 310!

So happy with our decision to book Loft 310!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Heather M

Loft 310 is a gorgeous venue - my husband and I really liked how basic the space was so we could really make it whatever we wanted; any style decor would work beautifully. In addition, Shannon and Kimberly were phenomenal to work with! They always responded promptly to any of... Read More our questions, helped us brainstorm to solve problems, and were very flexible when we made changes, even when things came up last minute. They had fun and unique ideas and they offer a fantastic variety as far as food and decorations are concerned. Not to mention, my guests really enjoyed the convenience of being downtown and being able to go out in District Square when our reception was over. I would highly recommend this venue!

Loft 310 Great Venue for my Wedding!

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Jessica Z

I recently got married at the Upper Loft 310 and it was perfect! They were very professional. Shannon and Kimberly were great to work with, they always had helpful suggestions when I wasn't sure or on the fence about something. They made my wedding day perfect! The servers were... Read More quick and their house DJ was great!