Loft 310 - Private Event Venue in Downtown Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo, MI

Book Your Wedding with Loft 310 - Private Event Venue in Downtown Kalamazoo

A BALLROOM IN KALAMAZOO, MI

Couples seeking a lavish and chic wedding venue in the heart of a bustling downtown area should explore Loft 310 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Known for their experienced and attentive wedding coordinators, Loft 310 aims to make each wedding event completely stress-free for couples planning both ceremonies and receptions. Perched on the top of the historic Rosenbaum building in the heart of Kalamazoo's Entertainment District, there is no question that this modern event space will impress every contemporary couple.

Loft 310. Loft 310's flexibility is one of its key strengths. Up to 300 guests can be accommodated for seated events and nearly 600 can celebrate in a cocktail-style layout. White exposed brick surrounds the room, as expansive windows welcome in natural sunlight and panoramic views of the city. A variety of uplight ideally blends with the neutral-yet-stylish palette of the room. Modern shaded lighting hangs over the stunning hardwood floors. Loft 310 provides full personalization of the event, including centerpieces, china, window dressings, candelabras and banners. Projections of custom-made graphics are also included.

Upper Loft. Equally as large and expansive, this similarly customizable space offers crystal chandeliers and options to place pockets of furniture and flexible bar areas.

Sky Deck. Head to the roof for endless views and photo opportunities of the surrounding area. The Sky Deck is capped with a towering peaked tent, covering the ceremony space but also allowing extensive airflow and light throughout the space. It also includes a stunning built-in bar. Up to 150 seated or 200 cocktail-style receptions can also be held in this outdoor space.

Bridal and Groom Suite. Head into the chic bridal area with trendy furnishings and plenty of space to spread out and relax before making a grand entrance. The groom suite offers a full fireplace and comfortable lounging area, fit for the finest celebratory moments before tying the knot.

The Gatsby. The Gatsby is a stunning mahogany bar area with an exclusive energy, ideal for cocktail hours, rehearsal gathering and post-ceremony drinks.

Suite 601 & 602. These penthouse spaces are ideal for cocktail hours or receptions for 20-60 people while seated. The unique space creates a traveling event for couples seeking a modern celebration. There are also overnight accommodations as well.

An entire team of chefs and event staff are available to assist with the design and plan of each couple's wedding weekend from start to finish. Their extensive list of design rentals include custom lighting, audio visual equipment, exciting live entertainment, floral designs and photography.

Loft 310 offers highly customizable catering menus prepared by their Master Chef and team. Plated dinner entrees, carving stations and appetizer displays can be included in the evening, as well as an extensive list of sides, salads and desserts. Their menu offerings also include many levels of open bar, with options for multiple enhancements.

Loft 310 offers endless opportunities for couples looking to customize every wedding detail with the help of a highly experienced team. Several extra special perks include:

• Over 2,000 parking spaces available nearby for guests
  • Frequent specials offered for discounts on room rates and vendors
  • Ample nightlife activities in surrounding area
  • List of preferred vendors

Modern Loft Space - A Clean Slate for Your Vision

Located in the trendy Entertainment District downtown Kalamazoo, Loft 310 is unlike any other in MI. Our modern white loft space is ideal for any style wedding allowing you a blank slate to create. The Upper Loft, our newest space, and Sky Deck, a stunning rooftop venue, are also available.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Hotel, Loft, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100

310 E.Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI (269) 389-9349
INSTAGRAM

a wonderful start to our happily ever after

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Kimberly W

The Upper Loft at Loft 310 was the perfect place to hold our wedding reception. Kimberly and Sara were so easy to work with, quick to respond to all emails and were very accommodating of any and all of our special requests. They even went above and beyond on a few items that... Read More definitely impressed our guests. The loft space was clean and modern and didn't require much decoration to look great. Choosing an all inclusive venue and knowing that one entity was handling the room set up, food, bar, etc. definitely made the planning process easier. The service and the food were amazing - way better than 'typical wedding food'. Having access to a Ready Room just off the main hall was such a nice benefit for our bridal party to be able to relax and have a place to store their stuff and for the band to be able to have a space to relax during their breaks. Guests were so impressed with the facility, staff and amenities and told us that it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever been to. Overall, we are very happy that we chose to have our reception at Loft 310 and would highly recommend this venue.

Awesome rooftop wedding

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Rachel W

We were married on the SkyDeck, the rooftop venue above Loft310, in May. We got very lucky with weather, but there was a backup plan in place laid out by the staff in case of rain. It turned out fantastic, our guests were very impressed with the views. I was surprised when they... Read More said they could host of wedding of over 200 on the space, but the layout was very nice. While we took pictures, our guests had a cocktail hour in the Gatsby room that is connected to Loft310. It was an extra fee, but worth it. Very stylish. The reception was in the Loft main room. The food was fantastic, especially the appetizers. The staff was friendly and quick to remove plates and deliver the main course, either chicken parm or prime rib. Nice portion sizes, everyone seemed happy with their meal. The DJ they provided (can't recall his name!) was a lot of fun. The call before the ceremony from him was nice to get on the same page with music choices. Overall, we would recommend this venue for any wedding where you want something unique or classic. Kimberly and Sara were very easy to work with and someone was in the room at all times to answer questions. Thank you!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Sarah S

The Loft 310 was everything and then some. My husband and I were beyond impressed with the service, the venue, and the fantastic food. We couldnc't have been happier with the way everything went on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Amy W

I was very disappointed with the Upper Loft. We were so excited about it at first, but after we signed the contract things went downhill fast. We were worried about noise from the other wedding reception in the building but were reassured it wouldn't interfere. During our toasts... Read More I could barely hear anything over the music pumping from below. Dinner service interrupted the best man as he stood go give his toast. We were 'sold' on their wonderful 'day of' coordination but there was barely any communication between the staff and us that night, and I could never find our 'coordinator' when I needed her. Cocktail hour at the Gatsby was a nightmare, we had 150 guests with only two bartenders, so no one could get served... even me, the bride! Multiple guests said the bartenders were really rude, I wouldn't know because I couldn't get waited on. The bar was littered with garbage and there was just one staffer clearing the napkins/glasses/plates with his bare hands. The sound system they charged us $1000 to plug in to was terrible. The staff ended up serving real champagne to all the kids (which they loved LOL)! We paid the extra money for the digital sign on the side of the building but were never told that it was featured as one of several signs scrolling throughout the night. We complained after the fact that we never once saw our sign and they refunded us our money because they said it was in fact not working. Had we not said complained they wouldn't have given us our money back. The food was great and the ambiance was beautiful, but unfortunately it was a very disappointing night.

2017-11-16T09:09:26 Response from the vendor

Amy, I want to apologize for the issues within your experience with us at Loft 310. I can truly say it is never our goal throughout the process. We appreciate all feedback so that we can improve our services and the product we provide, and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Amanda V

We loved our day at the loft 310! Everything was taken care of and we got to really enjoy our special day!

2017-11-16T09:11:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Amanda! We loved working with you & Jordan, and your breakfast for dinner experience was just AMAZING! We wish you all the very best. Love, Shannon, Amanda, Kati & the entire Loft 310 team!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Taylor H

The absolute best! We planned our wedding here based on a referral from a friend that turned out to be for a different venue. Oops! This blew that venue out of the water, what a happy accident! The entire staff (Amanda and Shannon especially) were incredibly attentive and saw... Read More that all the details were taken care of so our families and friends could have a blast and we could relax and enjoy our big day. They made it so easy to have a perfect wedding day.

2017-11-16T09:13:00 Response from the vendor

Taylor - you & Jake, and your amazing families, just made our fall season! We truly loved working with all of you & are so excited to hear how you got to relax & enjoy your big day! Because let's face it - that is... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/15/2017

Christian & Olivia’s Wedding…We held our daughter's wedding at Loft 310 in July 2017 and it was SPECTACULAR!! The venue was so unique, elegant, and absolutely everything our daughter and son-in-law envisioned for their Big Day! Everyone loved the space and the ability to flow... Read More from the beautiful ceremony in the Upper Loft to classy cocktails in the Gatsby and then to the enchanting reception in the Loft 310. Amanda and Shannon were amazing and made the entire day a joy. They made sure every detail was attended to and every guest was taken care of. They were professional, kind and caring. You can truly tell they love what they do! And hats off to the chef and wait staff! So many guests have continued to talk about how amazing the food was and the quality of the dinner service. Did I mention we also stayed in the luxurious Penthouses?! What a wonderful way to extend your wedding weekend experience and stay right at the venue! Just so amazing!! Thank you to all the Staff and Management at Loft 310 for helping to make Olivia and Christian's wedding day so perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Sarah Z

We had both our ceremony and reception in the Upper Loft. From the minute we walked into the Loft offices and spoke with Katie, to the actual day of with all hands on deck, we felt so taken care of. Shannon was stellar to work with and answered all of our questions as if we were... Read More the only wedding she was planning and the only couple on her mind. This is one of the most expensive venues in Kalamazoo, but we fell in love with the spaces and knew this was where we wanted to get married. All of our guests had a fantastic time and are still talking about how beautiful it was and how good the food was. We wish we could get married here again! :)

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Theresa B

My husband and I held our ceremony on SkyDeck and our reception in Loft 310. When I first toured the location with Kati, I fell in love with the venue and booked it the next day. Kati, Shannon, Amanda, and Christina all were amazing through the whole planning process as far as... Read More responsiveness to any questions or concerns we had. Our wedding day was perfect. I didn't have to worry about a single thing thanks to Amanda and Shannon being there to make sure everything ran smoothly. We had so many complements from our guests on the venue as well as the food. We chose to do a cocktail-style reception with hors d'oeuvres and it was really unique and fun. We also booked one of the penthouses for my bridal party which I would highly recommend doing if you have the chance! Overall, it was a great day that was well prepared for and that we and our guests really enjoyed.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Marcus C

I am a wedding Coordinator in the Detroit area. I blew up Shannon / Amanda / Katie with questions, comments etc. I would HIGHLY recommend this team, this place, this experience. They were so easy to communicate with, they make a damn google sheet for you! Like- I just filled in... Read More the blanks and was all set. It does not get easier! I would not change a thing about my experience with the Loft 310 team. They helped me with every aspect of our big day! If you are a bride looking for ease- tables, chairs, great food and an incredible maintained space- SCHEDULE A TOUR I promise you will not regret it. I wish I could give them more stars. I love this place and my wedding was perfect.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Ashley M

The Loft staff was incredibly thoughtful, responsive, and respectful. The ease of having all the linens, tables, cutlery, chairs, food, beverage service, and planning assistance in one place was wonderfully efficient. Any time I had questions, even if they were small and silly,... Read More I received a friendly, quick, and thorough response. The day of the wedding we had no worries because the staff was present and knowledgeable. I highly recommend this venue to everyone and anyone!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Bryn C

We loved our wedding reception in the Upper Loft! What grabbed me initially about the Loft spaces when looking at wedding venues was the exposed brick, the open layouts and the simple elegance of both spaces. They were pretty much blank slates - perfect for using as little or as... Read More much decoration as we wanted. We chose to have our cocktail hour on the SkyDeck, and our reception in the Upper Loft. We hired our florist to design hanging installations with greenery, and it was absolutely breath-taking. We also put greenery on the walls, and utilized their crystal chandeliers. I decided early on that I wanted to rent out the Penthouse Suite for the night before the wedding, and also the wedding night. My bridesmaids and I had such a fun night together in the suite before the wedding, and then woke up to a beautiful room full of windows and light where we had our hair and make-up done the next morning (our hair stylists from Cheeky Strut got us ready in the Penthouse)! We had a full kitchen to make breakfast in and had the ultimate getting-ready experience! It was also really convenient to stay in the Penthouse with my husband for our wedding night - after hanging out with our guests on the Skydeck after the wedding, we just walked downstairs and retired for the evening! Shannon P was so present throughout the entire wedding planning process and answered countless questions and emails from me, many times within a matter of an hour or so! Katie was also such a great resource before signing with the Loft, and was equally as responsive to all of my questions. I'm very glad that we chose the Loft 310 to host our wedding reception, our guests were blown away and had the most amazing time! I definitely recommend this venue to brides who want to have their wedding in a central location with plenty of things for their guests to do, there was never a dull moment. Thank you to Loft 310 for helping us create our perfect wedding day. :)

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Lindsey M

This venue was everything we wanted and more! Shannon and amanda executed every detail perfectly and kept me sane thru it all.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017

If we could give the Loft 15 stars, we would. The whole team is on top of their game and made us feel truly at home and cared for. From our first tour of the venue to our wedding date, Kati, Shannon, Christina, and Amanda all worked their butts off to make sure we were happy. We... Read More felt like the really cared about us and our special day. We're so happy that we chose them for our wedding. Our wedding was nerdy and they worked to make sure the entire experience was personalized. Additionally, we had several guests with severe food allergies, and they worked with us make sure that everyone could have a delicious meal that fit their food needs. It was just perfect!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Branda Y

We actually had our reception at Monaco Bay and Amanda and Christina and the Entertainment District made our special day the best we could ask for. They worked with us at every step of the planning process, kept us on track the day of, and were very accommodating to all of our... Read More wants and needs. Everything about our experience was stress-free and truly allowed us to enjoy our night. We received compliments from all of our guests about the decor and setup of Monaco Bay, and everyone loved the food! Plus, who doesn't like dueling pianos?

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Don't Call Me S

This place was incredible, cannot say enough good things about the venue or the staff! We had 2 hours up on the skydeck, in which we had a short ceremony and also open bar/appetizers with butler service. It was a beautiful sunny day, and you have the option of a tent so your... Read More guests can have some shade. We were able to have a singer up there, and the view cannot be beat, it was wonderful to see the guests oohing & aahing over the view! Shannon, Amanda & Christina were just top notch all the way. We lacked for nothing, and were able to have all the quirkiness we wanted in our wedding. We next moved one floor down to the Upper Loft, which is a gorgeous space with a similar feel to the skydeck, with huge windows along 3 of the walls. The food was very, very good, had several guests tell us it was the best they'd had at a wedding. I'm a vegetarian, and the veggie option was great, not just an afterthought like at many places. It was really great to have a venue that took care of all of the food & drink - one stop shopping! They had a great bar package for us, including some craft beers & top shelf liquors. If you live near or in Kalamazoo & are getting married, you absolutely owe it to yourself to see this incredible space!

Reviewed on 5/05/2017

We Just got married recently on April 15, 2017 and it was seriously the best day ever. The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous! We utilized the Upper Loft for our ceremony and reception and the Gatsby room for cocktail hour. The whole staff at Loft 310 made our day effortless,... Read More memorable and amazing in every way. Coordinators Shannon and Amanda were so accommodating and made rehearsal night and our wedding day run so smooth. We just floated around while they made sure people and things were where they needed to be and when. It made for a stress free day on everyone involved and allowed for us to enjoy every moment possible. They also took it upon themselves to contact all our vendors and direct them on all instructions for the day of. We really had to worry about nothing. Time leading up to the wedding, they were very responsive and informative to all emails, calls, questions ect. I 100% recommend using their DJ’s. We were assigned to DJ Dave and he rocked it. He made it a party and had everyone up dancing all night long. We also loved that wrists band were handed out at the end of the reception for the Wild Bull Bar and Piano Bar below the venue. We all has so much fun going to the Wild Bull Bar watching everyone take a turn riding the bull. (Bride and Groom are free  and we took full advantage!) We have heard nothing but praise on the food, DJ, venue, and overall experience our guests had at our wedding. I would strongly recommend the Loft 310! Worth every penny spent.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 A M

I was not happy with the way Loft 310 handled the food for the evening wedding. The guests did not get time to enjoy the variety of hors d'oeuvres that were paid for. They charge extra to bring in your own DJ and their DJ had a hard time following the instructions given to him.... Read More If you use Loft 310, be sure to print a hard copy of the contract. They use a webpage as a contract and when your event is over, the contents of your contract disappear. Also ensure that everything is written down and not spoken over the phone. I did not have a good experience with this venue or the staff and they have not righted their mistakes.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Jessica H

My husband and I struggled to find a venue that felt right for our day. We wanted something open, contemporary, and with a big dance floor for us and our guests to enjoy. When we came and viewed the Upper Loft, we knew right away this is where we were going to get married. The... Read More icing on the cake? Loft 310 is virtually a one stop shop-our DJ, food, bar items, rented furniture, where we got ready, and where we stayed (we rented the Penthouse for the weekend) were all through them. Not only did that lessen our stress, but it was nice to have one contact to reach out to when we needed questions answered. On that note, Shannon was our coordinator and she was amazing. She answered every little question we had for her and was always upbeat and positive while doing it. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. Amanda, Shannon, Morgan, and Katrina were incredible. They were so organized and communicated with us throughout the day to ensure everything was as it should be. In all honestly, I felt how invested they were in our day and they their effort showed. We were able to focus on enjoying ourselves and not what was going on behind the scenes. All of our guests kept coming up to us throughout the night asking, "how did you find this place, it's amazing!" And amazing it was. Getting married at Loft 310 was the best wedding decision we made and we can't thank the staff enough for everything they did!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Sarah V

Loft 310 did a wonderful job listening to our requests and helped us create an absolutely gorgeous wedding. Their staff is exceptionally friendly and extremely kind. We highly recommend their services. If you are looking for an AMAZING Wedding Day, look no further than LOFT... Read More 310.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Lyndsey V

Where do I even begin? It's honestly hard for me to put into words how incredible our wedding day was, and Loft 310 was a HUGE reason it was so perfect.... Shannon and Amanda truly are a "dream team" when it comes who you want running your event. They both paid such close... Read More attention to detail and made sure everything ran to perfection. If there were any "fires" the day of my wedding, I had no idea. I know that if there were any issues at all that they handled them with the highest level of professionalism. Oh, and their staff is top notch as well! We had multiple family and friends comment about how great the staff was and how they had never seen a wedding run so smoothly. We couldn't have asked for more in terms of how well our guests and us were taken care of! I have personally never heard anyone rave about food at a wedding. There's always a couple of things that were decent, but nothing is ever phenomenal. Well, I can't say that about the food at our wedding. Just about every single person we talked to at our wedding commented about how amazing the food was. Everything from the hor d'oeuvres, salads, main dishes and desserts were incredible! Chef Tony and his staff truly nailed it! All in all our wedding was more than we could have ever dreamed of. We can't thank the whole Loft 310 staff enough for making our day so incredible and one that we will never forget!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kay B

My fiance and I toured the venue back in September and we wanted it! We even spent the next day, a whole 14 hours of our lives, picking and planning our vision for our wedding there with the information they sent us home with. We sent back a very organized email with our... Read More desires as they asked us to in order to give us a proposal for our date and we never heard anything back! We were ready to book them, deposit and everything, but they stood us up. It's quite a shame because it's everything we dreamed of and when we were about to drop $20,000 (alone) on this place we expected better customer service.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Shannon N

Positives: the location is good, the venue is a blank canvas, and overall, the food was good, but we did have some issues with the venue not serving the correct salad dressings or kids meals (not necessarily huge issues, but still issues). Negatives: Our biggest issue was with... Read More the in-house DJ. To put it bluntly, she was horrendous. Here are a few of the issues: she didn’t know what an anniversary dance was (despite it being listed on the spreadsheet that the venue requested that we complete), she played very few of the songs that were on our play list yet played songs that weren’t even close to the genre of music that we requested, she played standard end-of-the night songs as some of the first open dancing songs, she played the wrong version of the father-daughter dance song, and she didn’t play any music during dinner. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but it was horrible and our guests (and even our videographer) commented on it all night. Another major issue was with dinner service, including dessert. There were large gaps between courses. They were also very slow to clear dinner plates, yet, were Johnny-on-the-spot with clearing the cake from the head table, even after being told multiple times not to touch the cake, so much so, that the groom didn’t get to eat a bite of his cake. They completely botched service of the cake despite the staff being well aware that this was the most important part of the meal for the bride. While we were upset to hear that several tables of 8 or 10 people received only 4 pieces of cake, we were furious to hear that at least 2 complete tables did not receive any cake and were told by the servers that the cake ran out. This is particularly upsetting because we specifically ordered a cake that served 30 more people than were there and because the venue sent us home with a large portion of two tiers of our cake. Another big issue we had is that the staff did not follow through on things that they said they would, including items outlined in the spreadsheet they request you to fill out. As one of the other reviews said, the staff tends to be a bit misleading and we felt like they were trying to pull a bait and switch on us a few times. Every time we mentioned an idea that we wanted to do, the staff enthusiastically said they could do it without a problem. When it came down to it though, things either weren’t done or they tried to add an additional charge for something that we were told from the beginning was included. We had several other issues of varying degrees of importance, but you’ve gotten the point by now that we weren’t happy with the service we received, which is frustrating because we paid a good chuck of change for our reception. The most upsetting part is that when we responded to the venue’s request that we complete a review, we got a response that, while admitted some mistakes, essentially called us liars on a number of issues. After some email exchanges, the manager took the time to listen to us vent, admitted that the staff made numerous mistakes, and apologized for the mistakes. Unfortunately, at the end of the day, “sorry” just does not cut it in this situation. It’s unfortunate that we had such a bad experience with the venue because it really does have the makings to be great place to hold an event except for the attention to detail that is needed when people are shelling out that kind of money and entrusting you with the biggest day of their lives.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Nell L

Having our reception at The Loft 310 and The Gatsby was one of the best decisions of the day! We were planning a wedding across the country, and the staff made everything so easy for us. They truly take care of everything- food, rentals, set-up, tear down, etc. The day of our... Read More wedding was very stress-free much in part to Loft 310. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily N

Working with the girls at Loft 310 made our wedding experience outstanding. From our initial tour with Kati, to planning every detail with Shannon, to the day of with Amanda... everything was seamless. Their positive energy and confidence in what they do is contagious and took... Read More away all my worries about our wedding day. We had cocktail hour in The Gatsby and reception in Loft 310. Both spaces were absolutely stunning. Many of our guests have commented on the event spaces and how outstanding the food was. Can't say enough about our experence!