Loft 310 - Private Event Venue in Downtown Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo, MI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Couples seeking a lavish and chic wedding venue in the heart of a bustling downtown area should explore Loft 310 in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Known for their experienced and attentive wedding coordinators, Loft 310 aims to make each wedding event completely stress-free for couples planning both ceremonies and receptions. Perched on the top of the historic Rosenbaum building in the heart of Kalamazoo's Entertainment District, there is no question that this modern event space will impress every contemporary couple.

Loft 310. Loft 310's flexibility is one of its key strengths. Up to 300 guests can be accommodated for seated events and nearly 600 can celebrate in a cocktail-style layout. White exposed brick surrounds the room, as expansive windows welcome in natural sunlight and panoramic views of the city. A variety of uplight ideally blends with the neutral-yet-stylish palette of the room. Modern shaded lighting hangs over the stunning hardwood floors. Loft 310 provides full personalization of the event, including centerpieces, china, window dressings, candelabras and banners. Projections of custom-made graphics are also included.

Upper Loft. Equally as large and expansive, this similarly customizable space offers crystal chandeliers and options to place pockets of furniture and flexible bar areas.

Sky Deck. Head to the roof for endless views and photo opportunities of the surrounding area. The Sky Deck is capped with a towering peaked tent, covering the ceremony space but also allowing extensive airflow and light throughout the space. It also includes a stunning built-in bar. Up to 150 seated or 200 cocktail-style receptions can also be held in this outdoor space.

Bridal and Groom Suite. Head into the chic bridal area with trendy furnishings and plenty of space to spread out and relax before making a grand entrance. The groom suite offers a full fireplace and comfortable lounging area, fit for the finest celebratory moments before tying the knot.

The Gatsby. The Gatsby is a stunning mahogany bar area with an exclusive energy, ideal for cocktail hours, rehearsal gathering and post-ceremony drinks.

Suite 601 & 602. These penthouse spaces are ideal for cocktail hours or receptions for 20-60 people while seated. The unique space creates a traveling event for couples seeking a modern celebration. There are also overnight accommodations as well.

An entire team of chefs and event staff are available to assist with the design and plan of each couple's wedding weekend from start to finish. Their extensive list of design rentals include custom lighting, audio visual equipment, exciting live entertainment, floral designs and photography.

Loft 310 offers highly customizable catering menus prepared by their Master Chef and team. Plated dinner entrees, carving stations and appetizer displays can be included in the evening, as well as an extensive list of sides, salads and desserts. Their menu offerings also include many levels of open bar, with options for multiple enhancements.

Loft 310 offers endless opportunities for couples looking to customize every wedding detail with the help of a highly experienced team. Several extra special perks include:

• Over 2,000 parking spaces available nearby for guests
  • Frequent specials offered for discounts on room rates and vendors
  • Ample nightlife activities in surrounding area
  • List of preferred vendors

Modern Loft Space - A Clean Slate for Your Vision

Located in the trendy Entertainment District downtown Kalamazoo, Loft 310 is unlike any other in MI. Our modern white loft space is ideal for any style wedding allowing you a blank slate to create. The Upper Loft, our newest space, and Sky Deck, a stunning rooftop venue, are also available.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Hotel, Loft, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

310 E.Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI (269) 389-9349
INSTAGRAM

a wonderful start to our happily ever after

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Kimberly W

The Upper Loft at Loft 310 was the perfect place to hold our wedding reception. Kimberly and Sara were so easy to work with, quick to respond to all emails and were very accommodating of any and all of our special requests. They even went above and beyond on a few items that... Read More definitely impressed our guests. The loft space was clean and modern and didn't require much decoration to look great. Choosing an all inclusive venue and knowing that one entity was handling the room set up, food, bar, etc. definitely made the planning process easier. The service and the food were amazing - way better than 'typical wedding food'. Having access to a Ready Room just off the main hall was such a nice benefit for our bridal party to be able to relax and have a place to store their stuff and for the band to be able to have a space to relax during their breaks. Guests were so impressed with the facility, staff and amenities and told us that it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever been to. Overall, we are very happy that we chose to have our reception at Loft 310 and would highly recommend this venue.

Awesome rooftop wedding

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Rachel W

We were married on the SkyDeck, the rooftop venue above Loft310, in May. We got very lucky with weather, but there was a backup plan in place laid out by the staff in case of rain. It turned out fantastic, our guests were very impressed with the views. I was surprised when they... Read More said they could host of wedding of over 200 on the space, but the layout was very nice. While we took pictures, our guests had a cocktail hour in the Gatsby room that is connected to Loft310. It was an extra fee, but worth it. Very stylish. The reception was in the Loft main room. The food was fantastic, especially the appetizers. The staff was friendly and quick to remove plates and deliver the main course, either chicken parm or prime rib. Nice portion sizes, everyone seemed happy with their meal. The DJ they provided (can't recall his name!) was a lot of fun. The call before the ceremony from him was nice to get on the same page with music choices. Overall, we would recommend this venue for any wedding where you want something unique or classic. Kimberly and Sara were very easy to work with and someone was in the room at all times to answer questions. Thank you!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Sarah S

The Loft 310 was everything and then some. My husband and I were beyond impressed with the service, the venue, and the fantastic food. We couldnc't have been happier with the way everything went on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 A M

I was not happy with the way Loft 310 handled the food for the evening wedding. The guests did not get time to enjoy the variety of hors d'oeuvres that were paid for. They charge extra to bring in your own DJ and their DJ had a hard time following the instructions given to him.... Read More If you use Loft 310, be sure to print a hard copy of the contract. They use a webpage as a contract and when your event is over, the contents of your contract disappear. Also ensure that everything is written down and not spoken over the phone. I did not have a good experience with this venue or the staff and they have not righted their mistakes.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Jessica H

My husband and I struggled to find a venue that felt right for our day. We wanted something open, contemporary, and with a big dance floor for us and our guests to enjoy. When we came and viewed the Upper Loft, we knew right away this is where we were going to get married. The... Read More icing on the cake? Loft 310 is virtually a one stop shop-our DJ, food, bar items, rented furniture, where we got ready, and where we stayed (we rented the Penthouse for the weekend) were all through them. Not only did that lessen our stress, but it was nice to have one contact to reach out to when we needed questions answered. On that note, Shannon was our coordinator and she was amazing. She answered every little question we had for her and was always upbeat and positive while doing it. Our wedding day went off without a hitch. Amanda, Shannon, Morgan, and Katrina were incredible. They were so organized and communicated with us throughout the day to ensure everything was as it should be. In all honestly, I felt how invested they were in our day and they their effort showed. We were able to focus on enjoying ourselves and not what was going on behind the scenes. All of our guests kept coming up to us throughout the night asking, "how did you find this place, it's amazing!" And amazing it was. Getting married at Loft 310 was the best wedding decision we made and we can't thank the staff enough for everything they did!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Sarah V

Loft 310 did a wonderful job listening to our requests and helped us create an absolutely gorgeous wedding. Their staff is exceptionally friendly and extremely kind. We highly recommend their services. If you are looking for an AMAZING Wedding Day, look no further than LOFT... Read More 310.

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Lyndsey V

Where do I even begin? It's honestly hard for me to put into words how incredible our wedding day was, and Loft 310 was a HUGE reason it was so perfect.... Shannon and Amanda truly are a "dream team" when it comes who you want running your event. They both paid such close... Read More attention to detail and made sure everything ran to perfection. If there were any "fires" the day of my wedding, I had no idea. I know that if there were any issues at all that they handled them with the highest level of professionalism. Oh, and their staff is top notch as well! We had multiple family and friends comment about how great the staff was and how they had never seen a wedding run so smoothly. We couldn't have asked for more in terms of how well our guests and us were taken care of! I have personally never heard anyone rave about food at a wedding. There's always a couple of things that were decent, but nothing is ever phenomenal. Well, I can't say that about the food at our wedding. Just about every single person we talked to at our wedding commented about how amazing the food was. Everything from the hor d'oeuvres, salads, main dishes and desserts were incredible! Chef Tony and his staff truly nailed it! All in all our wedding was more than we could have ever dreamed of. We can't thank the whole Loft 310 staff enough for making our day so incredible and one that we will never forget!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Kay B

My fiance and I toured the venue back in September and we wanted it! We even spent the next day, a whole 14 hours of our lives, picking and planning our vision for our wedding there with the information they sent us home with. We sent back a very organized email with our... Read More desires as they asked us to in order to give us a proposal for our date and we never heard anything back! We were ready to book them, deposit and everything, but they stood us up. It's quite a shame because it's everything we dreamed of and when we were about to drop $20,000 (alone) on this place we expected better customer service.

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Nell L

Having our reception at The Loft 310 and The Gatsby was one of the best decisions of the day! We were planning a wedding across the country, and the staff made everything so easy for us. They truly take care of everything- food, rentals, set-up, tear down, etc. The day of our... Read More wedding was very stress-free much in part to Loft 310. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Emily N

Working with the girls at Loft 310 made our wedding experience outstanding. From our initial tour with Kati, to planning every detail with Shannon, to the day of with Amanda... everything was seamless. Their positive energy and confidence in what they do is contagious and took... Read More away all my worries about our wedding day. We had cocktail hour in The Gatsby and reception in Loft 310. Both spaces were absolutely stunning. Many of our guests have commented on the event spaces and how outstanding the food was. Can't say enough about our experence!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Vanessa R

Our wedding was at loft 310 on July 1,2016. It was amazing!!!! we wanted our wedding to be a cocktails and heavy appetizers/desserts and one big party celebration...and that's exactly what we got!! Shannon Potts and her staff were amazing to work with! I planned our wedding... Read More from out of state, they made it super easy to contact them and responded to emails very quickly!!! their venue was beautiful and decorates itself ...we used minimal decor with just centerpieces and decorating our welcome table. Everyone had the BEST time and all we heard from guests was how great of a time they had, awesome food or this was the best wedding they've ever been too! Great to hear after a year of planning!! Convenient for any guests traveling from out of state as the radisson is walking distance. Our wedding pictures turned out AMAZING as the themed clubs, rooftop overlooking downtown kzoo and the suites make any photographer drool with so many photo ops!!!! You'll feel like a model for a bride/groom magazine. Definitely book your wedding here...you will not regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Tyree L

I would highly recommend Loft 310 for any special event. The staff is absolutely amazing! They do a fantastic job at making sure you are stress free on your wedding day (and that's something I really wanted in a venue). Shannon and Amanda are INCREDIBLE! They are both very... Read More professional and responded to all my questions promptly (and I had a lot). Shannon and Amanda took my wedding and acted like it was their own, which I really appreciated. They didn't want anything to go wrong just as much as I didn't and made sure everything was perfect. I keep looking back on my wedding day and questioning how it was so perfect with no flaws but it's all comes down to the staff at Loft 310! Without them I wouldn't of had my dream wedding! I am very blessed for their team. Also this venue is stunning! Absolutely stunning.

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Christie B

My experience working with everyone at the Entertainment District in Kalamazoo was nothing short of phenomenal. We had our ceremony on SkyDeck, our reception in the Upper Loft, and we rented the Bridal Suite as a ready room. The staff is very professional, extremely outgoing &... Read More friendly, very responsive to all communication, and their organizational skills are remarkable. From the time my husband, Justin, and I went on our first tour of the facility we fell in love with the urban chic setting. It was exactly what we were looking for. Kimberly was our initial point of contact and she was such a kind and patient individual and sat with us going over multiple details until we felt we had all our questions answered. Even after the tour I emailed her multiple times for clarification and she responded immediately despite it being a weekend. Upon signing our contract with the Entertainment District we began working with Shannon, whom was an absolute gem. Shannon and her counterpart, Amanda, worked together throughout the wedding preparation and were both present during our tasting and final meeting to ensure everyone was on the same page and able to step in if the unexpected were to arise, giving us peace of mind. Justin and I live on the east side of Michigan and chose to have our wedding in Kalamazoo since this is where I’m original from. This was the perfect venue for an out of town couple with limited time to make the trip back and forth. The venue provided all the tables and linens, the catering, the DJ, and they coordinated with all outside vendors to ensure minimal stress on our part. They also provide a Google Document with all the information one needs including the tasting schedule, the meal and beverage package selected, payment details, the ceremony details and timeline, reception details & timeline, contact information, parking information, DJ form, and the master guest list with formulas created to know exactly how many meal types were at each table. It was so simple and became my lifeline to ensure all details were covered. The facility itself is impeccable, very trendy, and the staff runs like clockwork. If there were any glitches during our wedding day, I was not made aware of them and from my perspective everything ran so smoothly with no stress. I can honestly say the Entertainment District put on the most perfect wedding for us and made sure it was “The Best Day Ever.”

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Megan I

My wife and I had both our ceremony and reception in the Entertainment District of Downtown Kalamazoo. The ceremony was on SkyDeck and the reception was in the Upper Loft. We also rented out the Penthouse for my bridal party and I to stay at the night before/get ready the day of... Read More and as the place my wife and I would stay the night of our wedding. The spaces themselves are absolutely stunning and required little decorating on my part, which was a serious plus. But, it was the private events team that really made our wedding the wonderful event that it was. Kimberly did a wonderful job explaining the financial breakdown and made us feel comfortable with our investment. Shannon and Amanda are literally the best and were irreplaceable members of our wedding team! I don't think we could have pulled this off without them and had so much fun working with them through the whole process. Everyone was quick to respond to questions and help with last minute details for things that I didn't even think about until I thought it was too late. I didn't have to worry about a thing the day of and everything went off without a hitch largely due to how talented and professional Shannon and Amanda are. If you are looking for a space that needs little decoration, AMAZING food, and absolutely wonderful and supportive staff then I cannot recommend Loft310 and the Entertainment District enough. Both my wife and I wish that we could do it all again because it was so great the first time! (Plus, if you are looking for an LGBTQA+ friendly location and team you will be so happy with them!)

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Kyle F

I could not more highly recommend the Loft310 team! Our journey began with an incredible tour and detailed meeting with Kimberly that suited our personal needs, tastes, and vision. We then had plenty of follow-up contact throughout the planning process and met Amanda and... Read More Shannon, who led us through the food tasting, detailed planning, and ongoing communication (along with goodie bags, gift certificates, and plenty of hugs). The whole team is SO warm, so professional, and truly truly top-notch. I was in the midst of an intensive graduate program, and the Loft310 Team took much of my planning chaos and set me at ease. This is not their first rode0! My husband and I could not be more impressed with the quality and efficacy of their work. We were not terrific at wedding planning on our own, and the Loft310 Team was just what we needed! I truly can say our wedding day was one of the most relaxed, joyful, and amazingly peaceful days of my life, and I attribute much of that to the Loft310 Team! DJ Disco Dave, Tony the Chef, the waiters, bartenders, and all other behind the scenes workers were unbelievable also! We definitely recommend using in-house services (ie. Fond of Florals, Bash Bakery, etc.) if you are able - that added to our sense of ease, peace, and joy! We loved our experience with Loft310. Could not have asked for a more special journey, and a more special day.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Tracy M

Great staff, great venue, great food! These were all of the feedback that we got from our guests. The "hard to please" crowd also said nothing but praises! Having the bars close so the after party could continue was an added bonus!

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Coryn S

My husband and I had our reception at Wild Bull Saloon. We had a fantastic time! From start to finish, the staff was extremely helpful and made the decisions easy. All of our guests had such a wonderful evening. If you are considering which location to have your reception, I... Read More strongly recommend Wild Bull Saloon. It is a fun atmosphere and can be transformed into a beautiful venue (make sure the have the bull running, too!). The food was outstanding as well. Our guests are still raving about it!

The perfect reception

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Cynthia D

This venue was perfect!!! Kimberly, Shannon, and Amanda were all amazing helping us out and accommodating. I highly recommend this place and the staff to anyone. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They were also prompt on getting empty dishes off the table as well as... Read More serving the food on time. They accommodate the physically handicapped as well, which was extremely important to us.DJ Dave was also amazing. He played all of the music we had requested and kept our guests dancing all night. Our wedding was on the 9th of October, 2015 and our guests are still raving about how much fun they had, along with the food and service. If you want a perfect reception, this is the place. Well worth every penny!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Allison L

Shannon and the rest of the team were more than helpful with everything we needed! Shannon responded to emails at all times of the day and always answered my questions immediately! The venue is beautiful and I loved how simple it was so that I could decorate and customize the... Read More venue to my personal tastes. Everyone complimented the Upper Loft and how beautiful everything was! We used the in house DJ (Bob Vick) and he was awesome! Our schedule went a little out of order at the reception and we cut the cake earlier than we were ready and the employees that boxed up the top portion of our cake ended up smashing it so we did not get to keep it. Other than that, we did not have any complaints! So many of our guests complimented us and told us that it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to! The venue is in a great location and a lot of our guests continued the party and went to Sky Deck or Monaco Bay after the reception ended.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Aileen L

Everything about this event space was perfect for our wedding. Through the contract signing process, Kimberly was helpful and accommodating, never pushy. Shannon was wonderful to work with; she was laid back, had helpful recommendations but did not push unsolicited advice, super... Read More responsive with all communication, worked around our schedule and being long-distance. Our wedding day was easy and stress-free, thanks to their staff. Shannon had everything coordinated, the staff was great, all our belongings were packed up into a few boxes for us by the end of the night. Plus the space is beautiful. I would highly recommend Loft 310 for a wedding, especially if you're planning from a long distance; they really take care of a lot of the planning process and day-of logistics.

Modern event space in Kalamazoo

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Amber M

Overall, the Sky Deck is awesome and the Loft 310 is a great space.

Our Wedding Day was Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 R C

I am not one of those brides that is a planner and Shannon Potts (event coordinator) and her team made planning our wedding a breeze! From the day that we signed our contract to the moment the lights turned on at the end of the night, everything was perfect! I cannot stress... Read More how AWESOME Shannon and all the staff of LOFT 310 are to work with! Shannon was so responsive to emails (it was kind of crazy how quick she responded :), she helped us with finding other vendors, helped us order in furniture, provided an awesome food tasting with the Chef Boswell, and even helped us accommodate more guests 2 days before our wedding! I highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married in Kalamazoo, Michigan!!!!!

Intimate Wedding at the Gatsby

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Jennifer C

I was recently married on January 10, 2015. We opted for a small, yet formal affair. The Gatsby was the first and only place we considered! The staff accommodated our 50 guests for an evening service on the dance floor with a beautiful backdrop of dramatic windows. The intimate... Read More candlelight service was immediately followed by a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres reception. The food was impeccable and high class (as we knew it would be following the private tasting appointment). The Gatsby was beautiful with minimal decorations and photo options at every turn. Our guests had a fantastic time dancing the night away and then being invited to enjoy the other venues, complimentary, once our event concluded. We are so happy with the outcome of the evening. Shannon was a highly attentive, responsive, and calming wedding planner every step of the way despite my frantic emails throughout the months prior. I am so pleased with our decision to marry at the Gatsby. Every guest has remarked about how unique the venue was and what fun they were able to have.

We found the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Kathryn T

My wife and I had an amazing experience with The Loft 310 Special Events Team. Shannon and Kimberly were there with us every step of the way. From the first meeting to the evening of our wedding reception everything was perfect! If you want to best for your special day, you must... Read More work with the best and we defiantly found it! My highest recommendations go to this wonderful team and beautiful facility!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 kallie L

My husband and I had our reception at Loft 310/ Gatsby. We had the Gatsby for the entire night, which cost more but was totally worth it! It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was amazing. They were very responsive to my emails, and very organized, and were willing to go... Read More above and beyond to make everything perfect for us and to help us out. For example- The day after my wedding I realized that I had left my purse (with my ID, credit cards, etc.) at the Loft the night before, which was a huge problem because I was going out of the country on my honeymoon the next day. The Loft was closed, as it was a Sunday, so I started freaking out. Shannon got back to me almost immediately after I contacted her and had someone meet one of my bridesmaids to get my purse within an hour. This venue is a little expensive, but that’s because it’s AMAZING. You totally get what you pay for. Everything was stunning. Many of my friends and family members said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Plus, other than bringing any small decorations you have for the tables or anything you want to add- they do everything for you. It’s nice to have the food, music, table set up, etc. all done by one vendor because they know what they are doing and you don’t have to coordinate anything. And if you do have outside vendors (we had a photobooth and of course a florist), Shannon contacts them and works with them to make sure everything goes as planned. She takes so much stress out of the wedding planning/coordinating. I was worried about the DJ at first, because we just went with the one provided by the Loft (you can bring in your own if you want), and I didn’t know a lot about him. He was PERFECT. He got everyone up and moving but wasn’t too “in your face” or obnoxious. He was there to do whatever we wanted, even the random “snowball” dance game I decided I wanted to do mid- reception haha. Oh, and one worry that I had was space. We had 229 people, and I was concerned about how we would fit everyone in there and still have space for a dance floor. I was sure we would have to take tables down after dinner to have space to dance but we didn’t. There was PLENTY of space, especially with having the Gatsby added on. I can’t say enough about how happy I was with our experience with Loft 310. I want to do it all over again!