Loft 310 - Private Event Venue in Downtown Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo, MI

Modern Loft Space - A Clean Slate for Your Vision

Located in the trendy Entertainment District downtown Kalamazoo, Loft 310 is unlike any other in MI. Our modern white loft space is ideal for any style wedding allowing you a blank slate to create. The Upper Loft, our newest space, and Sky Deck, a stunning rooftop venue, are also available.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Loft, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

310 E.Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI

a wonderful start to our happily ever after

Reviewed on 9/22/2013 Kimberly W

The Upper Loft at Loft 310 was the perfect place to hold our wedding reception. Kimberly and Sara were so easy to work with, quick to respond to all emails and were very accommodating of any and all of our special requests. They even went above and beyond on a few items that definitely impressed our guests. The loft space was clean and modern and didn't require much decoration to look great. Choosing an all inclusive venue and knowing that one entity was handling the room set up, food, bar, etc. definitely made the planning process easier. The service and the food were amazing - way better than 'typical wedding food'. Having access to a Ready Room just off the main hall was such a nice benefit for our bridal party to be able to relax and have a place to store their stuff and for the band to be able to have a space to relax during their breaks. Guests were so impressed with the facility, staff and amenities and told us that it was one of the most fun weddings they've ever been to. Overall, we are very happy that we chose to have our reception at Loft 310 and would highly recommend this venue.

Awesome rooftop wedding

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Rachel W

We were married on the SkyDeck, the rooftop venue above Loft310, in May. We got very lucky with weather, but there was a backup plan in place laid out by the staff in case of rain. It turned out fantastic, our guests were very impressed with the views. I was surprised when they said they could host of wedding of over 200 on the space, but the layout was very nice. While we took pictures, our guests had a cocktail hour in the Gatsby room that is connected to Loft310. It was an extra fee, but worth it. Very stylish. The reception was in the Loft main room. The food was fantastic, especially the appetizers. The staff was friendly and quick to remove plates and deliver the main course, either chicken parm or prime rib. Nice portion sizes, everyone seemed happy with their meal. The DJ they provided (can't recall his name!) was a lot of fun. The call before the ceremony from him was nice to get on the same page with music choices. Overall, we would recommend this venue for any wedding where you want something unique or classic. Kimberly and Sara were very easy to work with and someone was in the room at all times to answer questions. Thank you!

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Sarah S

The Loft 310 was everything and then some. My husband and I were beyond impressed with the service, the venue, and the fantastic food. We couldnc't have been happier with the way everything went on our wedding day.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015 Aileen L

Everything about this event space was perfect for our wedding. Through the contract signing process, Kimberly was helpful and accommodating, never pushy. Shannon was wonderful to work with; she was laid back, had helpful recommendations but did not push unsolicited advice, super responsive with all communication, worked around our schedule and being long-distance. Our wedding day was easy and stress-free, thanks to their staff. Shannon had everything coordinated, the staff was great, all our belongings were packed up into a few boxes for us by the end of the night. Plus the space is beautiful. I would highly recommend Loft 310 for a wedding, especially if you're planning from a long distance; they really take care of a lot of the planning process and day-of logistics.

Modern event space in Kalamazoo

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Amber M

Overall, the Sky Deck is awesome and the Loft 310 is a great space.

Our Wedding Day was Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 R C

I am not one of those brides that is a planner and Shannon Potts (event coordinator) and her team made planning our wedding a breeze! From the day that we signed our contract to the moment the lights turned on at the end of the night, everything was perfect! I cannot stress how AWESOME Shannon and all the staff of LOFT 310 are to work with! Shannon was so responsive to emails (it was kind of crazy how quick she responded :), she helped us with finding other vendors, helped us order in furniture, provided an awesome food tasting with the Chef Boswell, and even helped us accommodate more guests 2 days before our wedding! I highly recommend this venue to anyone wanting to get married in Kalamazoo, Michigan!!!!!

Intimate Wedding at the Gatsby

Reviewed on 1/27/2015 Jennifer C

I was recently married on January 10, 2015. We opted for a small, yet formal affair. The Gatsby was the first and only place we considered! The staff accommodated our 50 guests for an evening service on the dance floor with a beautiful backdrop of dramatic windows. The intimate candlelight service was immediately followed by a cocktail and hors d'oeuvres reception. The food was impeccable and high class (as we knew it would be following the private tasting appointment). The Gatsby was beautiful with minimal decorations and photo options at every turn. Our guests had a fantastic time dancing the night away and then being invited to enjoy the other venues, complimentary, once our event concluded. We are so happy with the outcome of the evening. Shannon was a highly attentive, responsive, and calming wedding planner every step of the way despite my frantic emails throughout the months prior. I am so pleased with our decision to marry at the Gatsby. Every guest has remarked about how unique the venue was and what fun they were able to have.

We found the BEST!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Kathryn T

My wife and I had an amazing experience with The Loft 310 Special Events Team. Shannon and Kimberly were there with us every step of the way. From the first meeting to the evening of our wedding reception everything was perfect! If you want to best for your special day, you must work with the best and we defiantly found it! My highest recommendations go to this wonderful team and beautiful facility!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 kallie L

My husband and I had our reception at Loft 310/ Gatsby. We had the Gatsby for the entire night, which cost more but was totally worth it! It was absolutely beautiful. The staff was amazing. They were very responsive to my emails, and very organized, and were willing to go above and beyond to make everything perfect for us and to help us out. For example- The day after my wedding I realized that I had left my purse (with my ID, credit cards, etc.) at the Loft the night before, which was a huge problem because I was going out of the country on my honeymoon the next day. The Loft was closed, as it was a Sunday, so I started freaking out. Shannon got back to me almost immediately after I contacted her and had someone meet one of my bridesmaids to get my purse within an hour. This venue is a little expensive, but that’s because it’s AMAZING. You totally get what you pay for. Everything was stunning. Many of my friends and family members said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. Plus, other than bringing any small decorations you have for the tables or anything you want to add- they do everything for you. It’s nice to have the food, music, table set up, etc. all done by one vendor because they know what they are doing and you don’t have to coordinate anything. And if you do have outside vendors (we had a photobooth and of course a florist), Shannon contacts them and works with them to make sure everything goes as planned. She takes so much stress out of the wedding planning/coordinating. I was worried about the DJ at first, because we just went with the one provided by the Loft (you can bring in your own if you want), and I didn’t know a lot about him. He was PERFECT. He got everyone up and moving but wasn’t too “in your face” or obnoxious. He was there to do whatever we wanted, even the random “snowball” dance game I decided I wanted to do mid- reception haha. Oh, and one worry that I had was space. We had 229 people, and I was concerned about how we would fit everyone in there and still have space for a dance floor. I was sure we would have to take tables down after dinner to have space to dance but we didn’t. There was PLENTY of space, especially with having the Gatsby added on. I can’t say enough about how happy I was with our experience with Loft 310. I want to do it all over again!

Good to have a back up plan :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

First of all this was not my first 'rodeo'. Both my fiancé and I have been married before and we have a blended family with our 3 pre and teen-agers. We decided to have a fall wedding (October 4th 2014) and it turned out literally picture perfect. We originally had picked the Sky Deck but were strongly encouraged to have a back up location. Since our engagement was over a year out we had time, but decided to pick early. When we first saw the Gatsby we immediately knew we liked it. Good thing as the day before we had come to the realization that it was just too cold that day to be up on the deck. Needless to say, it ended up being perfect! We had only about 70 people, mostly adults and it was for just hors d'ouerves and cocktails anyway. So the Speakeasy came to life with class and sophistication. We still have people raving about the food and how fun it was. I have to say the staff.. from our first meeting with Kimberly, to Kelly and most of all Shannon (Potts) our wedding coordinator -- they hit it out of the park! It was a little bit pricy, but as weddings go, I knew well ahead what the costs would be.. and it was definitely WORTH it. Completely satisfied doesn't even cut it. If you want something people will talk about for a long time, then have your event at one of the many venues in the Entertainment District. The Private Events staff listened, and we got everything we wanted.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Mick K

We had both our ceremony and reception here in the Loft310 and Gatsby venues. Coordinating from Chicago, Shannon and her team were super helpful and accomodating, and a real pleasure to help make our wedding dream come true. Our guests loved our wedding, from the beautiful decor down to the amazing food we had. We can't thank you enough!

A Unique Venue.

Reviewed on 8/08/2014 Karen B

We planned a weekend to look at venues in Kalamazoo in November. We fell in love Loft310 from our first steps into the venue. We met with the Sales Manager, Kimberly and were instantly impressed by the beautiful Lofts, as well as the SkyDeck. We wanted to do something a bit different for our wedding, as we were having it 600 miles from home (in my fiance's hometown), and were asking a large number of our guests to travel. When we saw the Monaco Bay piano bar, we were sold. We held our ceremony and cocktail hour on the SkyDeck rooftop of the Rosenbaum building and the dinner reception in Monaco Bay. Kimberly, and her associates Shannon and Kelly were wonderful. Planning from such a distance was very stressful for me and they did so much to ease my apprehensions, being very responsive to emails. Our tasting at Monaco Bay, as well as our 2-week meeting prior to the day, helped us to cement our choices. Shannon and Kelly were great in explaining how they would help out on our big day. The food was amazing.The planning staff, as well as the chef were also very accommodating with the multiple food allergies and celiac disease concerns amongst our guest list. Monaco Bay provided the unique reception space that we desired for sure. We took advantage of the dueling pianos to add a bit of dramatic flair to the evening for our guests. They definitely added an element of fun, that we'd never experienced at other weddings we've attended as guests. There were several minors details that fell through the cracks, but nothing that detracted from our big day. For example, we had cupcakes which were serve yourself, but we had asked for our small cutting cake to be served to the wedding party. At the end of the evening, as we were packing up, we realized that this hadn't happened. There was another party going on another floor and we wondered if that impacted the amount of support during our reception. Despite, the minor hiccups, we'd choose SkyDeck and Monaco Bay again in a heartbeat.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 7/24/2014 Kelly M

I cannot even begin to say enough great things about Loft 310 and their staff. They made our wedding day truly memorable and we so helpful throughout the entire process. Kimberly in sales is awesome and she is super informative when you are deciding if you want to host your event with them. Our wedding ceremony was on the SkyDeck, and our reception was at Loft 310. Once everything was set and signed we began working with Shannon, the event coordinator. Shannon is amazing at what she does and is willing to make all of your wedding day dreams come true. I don't know what we would have done without her, she is really the best. SkyDeck is so beautfiul for a wedding ceremony, the Kalamazoo skyline is the perfect backdrop and great for pictures after. Loft 310 is stunning inside and a blank canvas for whatever you can dream up. The chefs there make incredible food, everyone at the wedding raved about how good it all was. I will say that everything does seem a little pricey when you get your initial quote, but they break everything down into managable payments for you, and in the end, it was totally worth the money we spent to have our day go off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Loft 310 (and SkyDeck!) to any future brides in the Kalamazoo area who want a unique wedding venue. You will seriously not be disappointed.

FAIRYTALE WEDDING THANKS TO LOFT 310

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Bryana C

Having our wedding and reception at Loft 310 was, by far, the best decision we could have made. Everyone talks about having to prepare for something to go wrong on the wedding day. I can honestly say, everything from the day I met Kim at The Loft was perfect. Shannon was our hero- such a pleasure to work with. The entire staff is so friendly, and they think of everything you would possibly need to know in order to plan and execute a perfect wedding. Even our guests have told us this was the best wedding they have been to! My husband and I wish we could experience the day all over again. From the gorgeous venue, to the immaculate penthouse suite, to the delicious food, to the wonderful staff...we couldn't be happier with Loft 310!

So happy with our decision to book Loft 310!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Heather M

Loft 310 is a gorgeous venue - my husband and I really liked how basic the space was so we could really make it whatever we wanted; any style decor would work beautifully. In addition, Shannon and Kimberly were phenomenal to work with! They always responded promptly to any of our questions, helped us brainstorm to solve problems, and were very flexible when we made changes, even when things came up last minute. They had fun and unique ideas and they offer a fantastic variety as far as food and decorations are concerned. Not to mention, my guests really enjoyed the convenience of being downtown and being able to go out in District Square when our reception was over. I would highly recommend this venue!

Loft 310 Great Venue for my Wedding!

Reviewed on 4/07/2014 Jessica Z

I recently got married at the Upper Loft 310 and it was perfect! They were very professional. Shannon and Kimberly were great to work with, they always had helpful suggestions when I wasn't sure or on the fence about something. They made my wedding day perfect! The servers were quick and their house DJ was great!

wonderful venue--watch out for the DJ

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Brandy

Loft 310 was everything that we wanted for our wedding day: a venue that had almost everything for us (which meant no rentals, no juggling a million vendors), would help our day run smoothly, and a beautiful space to decorate. Sara and her crew were amazing. We actually didn't deal with her until about a year after we booked Loft, but I think she spent a lot of time cleaning up the previous coordinator's mess, and she did a great job. She was always really enthusiastic and excited about our wedding, which I thought was really sweet. We did a LOT of DIY, and Loft was very accommodating for our set up, and, overall, we had an awesome reception with lots of compliments from our guests. My only real complaint was the DJ. I won't enumerate the issues that we had with him, but MAKE SURE he really understands what you want. He waited until 2 weeks before the wedding to tell us that he needed to meet with us. My husband ended up doing it over the phone, during which the DJ kept asking questions about how we met, how long we'd been together, our bridal party, etc., and only barely asked about our musical tastes. He asked us to fill out some paperwork (including must/do not play lists), which he promptly ignored during the reception. Two of my bridesmaids had to speak with him because of it, and I really wasn't impressed with his service, especially because he boasts "20 years of experience."

Fantastic Venue....thats about all

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Eric G

I will attempt to be professional here.. as this venue decides to "report" reviews that they don't like and make people prove we had a valid contract. This venue is absolutely amazing.. Seriously it is just a breathtaking and unique place. The Ceremony space is beautiful and on the rooftop overlooking downtown Kalamazoo. Here is where the great stops. From the start of planning this wedding, the main planner was horrific at email communication to the point of having to email multiple times and leave voicemails to get a response maybe within two weeks. She brought on another girl and it didn't get much better. The pricing strategies here are abusive and whatever you do, please make sure you get everything in writing with these people.. and save it. They will nickel and dime you to death. It seems they are almost making up charges and fees at times. We had finally had enough of this and went to the owner. He stepped in and made things right with us.. We do appreciate that. We went to him not to get a discount, get refunds, discounts etc.. but because we had concern about the actual wedding day and how things were going to go. We simply wanted what we were sold and for our day to be perfect. Communication improved and finally the wedding was upon us and it did go off without a hitch. Minus one HUGE issue. They misled us about the bride and groom rooms included with the venue rental and said they would be open to us. We said oh thats great.. we really only would want one open for a mother and her new baby to get some privacy at the wedding. NEVER WAS ANYTHING MENTIONED that it was going to cost us extra. I mean why would that be? we did rent the roof and this floor/hall also. That's like saying we would have to pay them money for using the bathrooms on our floor.. simply deceitful. Come Wedding night.. we notice the doors are locked and the BRIDE asks her about it. She gets very catty with her and starts giving her a hard time about how it's suddenly a extra charge for the rooms which was never on any contract and never even mentioned by Loft310. My real problem with this is that she got this way with the BRIDE! Who Does that? If anything bring it to the Grooms attention. She said to the BRIDE " well i guess we will just throw it in for you.. just another extra"!!!! Now after I post a much nicer review recently.. Loft 310 has the nerve to "dispute" the review.. Maybe you ladies should just own your issues and correct them.. so you don't ruin that incredible venue you have. I sincerely hope they get someone who knows what they are doing in there.. this place would have zero competition.

2014-07-28T09:33:13 Response from Kallie, the member

I disagree. One of the main reasons I chose this venue was because of how up-front and detailed they were about pricing. The other venues that I toured were very vague and I had the feeling I would end up being surprised by charges here... Read Less Read More

Awesome!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2/16/2012 Amanda J

“Our wedding turned out phenomenal and the majority of our guest said it was the best wedding they had ever attended.”

Venue is Fantastic....Staff not Fantastic

Reviewed on 12/23/2011 Meghan M

I'm going to gush about all the great, wonderful things this venue has to offer first, and end with a warning and guidance for anyone that plans on booking this venue in the future. This venue is truly the best one I saw within a 50 mile radius of Kalamazoo. It is right downtown close to everything and the interior of the Loft is breathtaking. The care and attention detail that was taken during the renovation makes this venue appear to be located somewhere else, like Chicago. Everyone was very impressed and couldn't stop complimenting this venue. 2011 was the Loft's first wedding season and from an execution standpoint, I couldn't be happier. Wait and bar staff were helpful and courteous and the food was pretty good, considering it was a buffet. We didn't hear one negative thing about the food. If you have the budget to rent out The Gatsby bar next door to the Loft, I would highly recommend it. This space is where our cocktail hour was held and we used the bar in that space all night. This allowed people to spread out through the venue and it didn't seem like people were on top of one another. We had 135 people at our wedding and I fear that if we didn't have that space, it would have felt very crowded in that room. I'm not too sure I would go over 150 in that space to be comfortable despite what you are told. This is where the five star rating ends. I plan events as part of my day-to-day job so I understand the ins and outs of what it takes from both the client and the facility side to put something like this together. The planning staff here, does not understand this. Loft310 is part of The Entertainment District downtown, which consisted of only bars before Loft310 opened. The planning staff is only used to planning parties and events at bars, which doesn't carry over to being able to be successful in planning a wedding, one of the biggest days of two people's lives. I will try to only give advice to others that plan on using this venue and leave it to those people to determine where the issues occurred. Upon receiving the contract, review it closely. Make sure all pricing is given for upgrade opportunities (such as chairs, Gatsby), food (different entrees may have different prices), wedding party table riser, cost to hang decorations (because you can't do it), etc. Do not assume what you see in offices onsite or pictures online is what you are paying for in the base price, even though there are no disclaimers anywhere that it isn't. Just make sure all the information is on the table before signing anything. I'm only assuming as time progresses, the staff here will get the hang of this process and understand from a legal perspective what has to be documented and can't just be tagged on. Go see other events set up before your day and ask questions! Ensure that your decorating time, deliveries the day of and pick-up after times are documented and ensure your contact person throughout the "day" is the same as the person you have been working with throughout the planning process. You shouldn't been getting a call the day you are decorating this venue from your contact saying they won't be there and put you in someone else's hands that has no idea what is going on. All this being said, the event went off without a hitch but I dealt with many headaches, constant frustration and have heard from others that have selected this venue for future events are having the exact same experience.

2013-08-03T22:50:25 Response from Eric, the member

I had the EXACT same feelings on this place.. Sara and Kimberly were terrible..

AMAZING

Reviewed on 8/27/2011 Jennifer S

Beautiful venue. Outstanding food. Amazing service.

TO Loft 310 - Private Event Venue in Downtown Kalamazoo