Romantic, Bold, and True.

I don't think your wedding will be your best day ever. I think it will be your best day yet.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Malibu, CA California, Michigan, & Destination (248) 408-0186

Reviewed on 8/17/2017 Karla V

I'm not sure where to begin.... Brett is truly an incredible person and photographer. My husband and I got married about a month ago (July 15, 2017) at Rancho Las Lomas and Brett was our photographer. I originally found Brett via research on numerous wedding websites and all... Read More of her reviews were incredible! I met with about 10 different photographers and she was the best and this is why: - She truly took the time to get to know me and actually cared about what I hoped to accomplish (I wanted photos of our venue at night, two photographers, etc...) - The very first time I met Brett, she took the time to draft a wedding timeline for me, so I knew what to expect on our big day - I met Brett about 12 months before our wedding and she was able to provide guidance on other things I had to get done before the wedding - Please note that the timeline she provided was "spot-on" and I ended up using her wedding timeline draft as a guide to help me plan other things - She responded all of my questions QUICKLY! - About 4 months before the wedding, I was nervous about not knowing how to pose and was extremely nervous about everything. I texted/emailed Brett and she immediately set up a call for us and she was able to give me some pointers and to be honest just hearing her voice and her pointers made me feel SO much better - Brett took the time out of her busy schedule to check out our venue before the wedding to make sure she knew all of the great spots for photos! (She went above and beyond) - Our wedding day - Brett was all smiles and her energy was contagious! I did not worry about a thing because she knew exactly what I wanted. - Post Wedding- we immediately received preview photos and a few weeks later, I requested a few more previews so I can order thank you cards, and ONCE AGAIN Brett responded QUICKLY and did not hesitate to provide more photos. Brett truly is the best photographer and the sweetest person ever. Brett is certainly someone I would refer for all occasions. In fact, I can't wait to start having kids and have Brett take our family photos (wishful thinking). She's incredible! So if you read this, don't think twice about it and call Brett. She is worth every penny! BEST DECISION! Brett- if you read this: From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Colin R

Brett and her team are fantastic! I was nervous about having pictures taken because I am always awkward but she made me a beautiful bride!! Her positive energy and perfect eye for settings is AMAZING! I would have them at my wedding 100 times over! Can't wait to see what else I... Read More can work with her on!! Thank you Brett for everything!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Molly J

Brett is amazing! She is full of positive energy and makes everything so much fun. We have now shot with her three times and they have been the best! She is so easy going, professional, and has the best attitude! We had some ideas for our engagement photos and she literally got... Read More everything we asked for and much much more. Having her shoot the wedding was amazing as well. She made us so comfortable and got exactly what we wanted! Thanks Brett!! :)

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jonathan L

Brett was super friendly right from the moment we contacted her for our engagement session, and she made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera during the session itself. The cues she gave us were things that felt very natural, like "just walk along and bump into each... Read More other," "give her a big hug from behind," etc. and that natural feel really came through in our photos. Also, as we got more and more comfortable and started having some ideas for different poses, she was encouraging and game to try them out with us. We had both guidance, and room to express our personalities and be ourselves. It all felt very "us" :) We brought a simple bouquet and balloons for props on our session and Brett did a great job guiding us on when to use which props for better shots. We were also on a bit of a tight schedule to print our images, and Brett was able to rush the final edits to us in about a week. All in all we had a great experience with Loie Photography and highly recommend it for photos with a natural, romantic feel!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Shayna G

The pictures from our wedding really speak for themselves. I can't stop looking at them!!! We couldn't be more happy for the way Brett captured all the special moments throughout the day, and our posed pictures as well. I was impressed by her professionalism, attention to... Read More detail, and just easy-going and fun personality. She guided us through all the pics so that they were natural and genuine instead of looking forced and I would definitely recommend her to anyone with an event coming up. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 OBHI D

Brett was awesome! My wife and I really loved her. She tended to our every request, even if it was a ridiculous one. She also worked very well with our videographer. Even with us falling behind schedule for 30 minutes (for other reasons), she was able to get us back on schedule... Read More without making us feel rushed. It was a great experience overall, would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Alexandra V

Brett from Loie Photography was the perfect photographer for our wedding. She was easy going, professional and fun. We wanted to enjoy our special day and didn't want to spend a lot of time taking posed photos. Brett was very accommodating and suggested a few nice posed photos... Read More which we took quickly and turned out really well. I wanted a lot of candid photos - could not have been happier with all the great photos of family & friends. Quality of the photos were more than expected, there's a few I swear could be the cover of a wedding magazine! Received our photos faster than I expected and was extremely happy with all the details she captured, can't think of a single moment or detail she missed. You won't regret hiring Brett.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Mark P

Brett from Loie Photography is, without a doubt, one of THE BEST photographers I have ever had the pleasure of working with! My wife and I had her photograph our wedding, as well as our engagement pictures and they were STUNNING-- I mean STUNNING! Seriously, I'm very picky when... Read More it comes to photography and Brett has a true gift and amazing eye for capturing "those precious moments" on camera. In addition to taking great photographs, Brett is fast, friendly, personable, creative, quick on her feet, and reasonably priced. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND her for any couple looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kristie C

Brett was such a pleasure to work with! She is sweet, funny and down to earth. She made us feel so comfortable even though we were nervous. It was our first time taking professional photographs together. She did an engagement shoot and the wedding photographs. They came out... Read More absolutely gorgeous! She is extremely talented. Thanks for everything Brett :)

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Marie W

Had a wonderful experience with Brett. She is funny, patient, sweet, and extremely talented! She was awesome at finding great lighting during our engagement shoot and we absolutely loved the photos. She also helped us get comfortable in front of the camera and showed us some... Read More great ideas for tons of romantic photos. Me and my husband are now waiting to get our final album from the wedding and couldn't be more excited. Book her, you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Joanne R

We absolutely loved our wedding photos! Brett scoped out really cool backdrops in the arts district in downtown LA for our first look photos. It was a really cool addition to the overall look of our wedding. She took beautiful artsy shots of all of our wedding details including... Read More our clothing, accessories, and invitations. She took detailed shots of all of our decor. The candid photos of family and friends were priceless. She also made a blog post on her website for us that highlighted all the best shots. It was a great way to share the photos with friends before all the pics were available. Brett was so wonderful and we are lucky to have found her for our wedding and engagement photos. It was such a pleasure working with Brett because she makes you feel calm and relaxed and can get an amazing photo out of you. Thank you so much, Brett!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Amanda M

Brett is such a sweet person and our engagement and wedding photos turned out beautiful. She completely grasped my style and captured every tiny detail of my wedding. She helped us feel comfortable and helped make our day run smoothly. She went above and beyond for us, and we... Read More absolutely love her!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

If you're looking for romantic and candid vintage photos for your wedding, Brett is the photographer for you! She was an absolute joy to work with! She made us feel comfortable and respected our preferences, and was so calm, easy going, and professional. Our photos turned out... Read More so beautiful-like they came out of a magazine! She met with me before my wedding to discuss our plans for the big day, and she even went out on her own to find the best locations for our photos. Most importantly, Brett respected my wishes for modesty as a Muslim woman who covers. She was also completely at ease and respectful photographing a wedding with cultural traditions different than her own. If you're looking for a culturally-sensitive photographer who will capture your candid, loving moments, then book Brett!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Brett was amazing! She was so helpful and so kind to everyone! We had a large wedding party and she did a fantastic job corralling us all! We were so lucky that our florist recommended her, it was a little last minute when we did book her and she was one of the best assets to... Read More our wedding! I would recommend Brett to anyone, like I said she is so sweet and does an amazing job capturing great photos!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We had our photographer cancel on us very last minute and were referred to Brett. She happened to be available and were we ever lucky!! Brett is super relaxed and professional which was a perfect combination for us. She scouted out locations for the wedding party's photos that... Read More were beautiful and so appropriate. Brett made us feel so comfortable during posed shot with expert guidance when we needed it and allowing us to be us. When we reviewed our album, it really felt like we were reliving our day. When a photo can stir up the same emotions that you experienced on the actual day then something was captured perfectly and for that we can't thank Brett enough. We highly recommend her and have had the pleasure of her documenting our pregnancy and new baby boy as well.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kevin M

I don't typically write reviews, this one is necessary. Brett Loie is amazing. She made mine and my wife's day better than we could imagine. She took the time to listen to everything we said, she helped us create wonderful images that truly capture all of the love and beauty... Read More felt on that day. Our weather was freezing with a steady drizzle. My wife and I wanted outside pictures, that is why we choose our venue. Brett was out there, directing us, guiding us to the best spots and all with a smile on her face, and bags on all of her equipment to protect it from the rain. This is art, one day we will be lucky to say we have a Loie original, and our great great grandchildren can take it on the antiques roadshow and be told its worth a million bucks. As far as we are concerned our pictures already exceed a million dollars, they are priceless!!! Thank you so very much.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Brett is the best!!! She is SUPER professional but at the same time she makes you feel at ease. The photos speak for themselves. We had a gloomy, cold, rainy day for our wedding. This was the worst possible thing for us because we picked our venue (Kings Court Castle in Lake... Read More Orion, MI) specifically for the photo opportunities. Well, we froze and got soaked, but honestly you would never, I mean NEVER be able to tell by the photos, someone actually said I was positively glowing in the pictures! Honestly Brett did not give up or let the rain or frigid temps stop her, I truly think that if I didn't call it she would of stayed out there all day taking beautiful pictures. Make sure to BOOK HER!! and do it quick!! I can not say enough good things, But if you want to look perfect, and have the most romantic, genuine photos of your wedding book with Brett.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Holli L

Brett was absolutely fantastic! She was fun and comfortable, yet very professional. It’s like she was part of the family! My husband and I are in love with the images from our wedding, and so is everyone else as soon as they see them. These are the photos you will look back on... Read More for years to come, and cherish forever. We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer to have for our big day! She captured every precious moment so beautifully! We did not only choose Brett for her stunning work, but for the wonderful experience we knew we would have with her. If we could have 100 more weddings, we would hire her every time!

Brett Loie

I'm Brett Loie, a wedding & elopement photographer based in Southern California. My style is timeless, romantic, and honest. Creating an experience that feels natural and fun is what I'm all about. I love to laugh & dance, and I hope you're ready to do the same! I'm always down for adventuring somewhere new to create stunning photographs, and I swoon over one-of-a-kind bridal details. I'm inspired by gorgeous sunsets in the mountains, unique and carefree wedding dresses, handwritten vows, and madly in love couples. When I'm not photographing weddings, you can probably find me somewhere eati