Chicago's Finest Jazz & Classical Musicians

Specializing in ceremony music, cocktail hour jazz, dinner music and swing dancing, along with our ipod DJ service, Lola Bard Productions represents Chicago's finest musicians. Create an unforgettable event for your guests, from soothing strings to sultry jazz to dancing to their favorite requests!

Classical, Jazz, Pop, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

6631 N. Glenwood Ave., Chicago, IL (773) 835-3330

Perfection!

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Jennifer S

It was an absolute pleasure working with Lola Bard for our wedding. From the moment I contacted Rose at Lola Bard, she made everything so easy to understand and she was able to help us decide what we needed and would work best for our special day. The day of, we had no issues... Read More whatsoever, the band showed up at the time promised, setup, played beautifully, and broke it down effortlessly. The required no supervision at all. They played for both the ceremony and the cocktail hour. It seemed effortless for them to work with our officiant and they played perfectly right into the cocktail hour. It was absolute perfection!

2017-03-28T05:47:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure!

Amazing Jazz Band

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Jillian F

We love jazz music as does two of the matriarchs in our family. This was one way to make the wedding our own and to honor them. This band was so much fun! Everyone enjoyed the music. Rose Coella's voice is beautiful and the band is so talented. Having them play during dinner... Read More service made it truly elegant. Worth every penny.

2017-03-28T05:47:57 Response from the vendor

How sweet of you...thank you so much for having us entertain your guests!

Helped make my day very special!

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

Lola Bard Productions did a wonderful job with our music. We had a piano, bass, violin trio and they sounded beautiful! They were very profession, very nice, and also did a wonderful job of announcing the wedding party. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who was... Read More looking for a band.

2017-03-28T05:48:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your wedding was so delightful, and we had a wonderful time!

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Erin N

Rose and her fellow musicians were amazing! They even agreed to play several special song requests, including two from video games! Rose was so much fun to work with and made planning the music for our reception so easy. We hardly had to do any thinking at all. My... Read More grandparents even danced the whole night, which was wonderful to witness. The music was the highlight of our evening and we'll remember it forever. We wish we could throw another event so we can hire Rose again!

2017-03-28T05:49:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We will never forget your wedding - truly personal and unique!

Reviewed on 6/08/2016 Jocelyn H

Rose has a beautiful voice and her band was great! They played the reception at my wedding, and everyone loved it. It was the perfect music for those who wanted to get out and dance, but was also nice background music for those who wanted to sit and catch up. She was also very... Read More responsive to my emails, and accommodated all of our requests. I couldn't have asked for anything better!

2017-03-28T05:49:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our absolute pleasure :)

Fun and Romantic Jazz/Swing

Reviewed on 9/11/2015

Rose Colella and her guitarist played during dinner and into the first few dances for my daughter's wedding and were fabulous! The romantic jazz was a perfect background to dinner, and morphed into swing that was ideal for dancing (my daughter and her husband love to swing... Read More dance). Young and old alike were thrilled with Rose's beautiful voice and musical selections so perfect for a wedding.

2017-03-28T05:50:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We so enjoyed performing while you all danced the night away!

Wonderful Music!

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Katherine K

We loved the music and the Swing Dancers that Rose arranged to compliment the Jazz music! The best thing about working with Lola Bard was that we were able to make many personal selections that fit with the theme of our wedding! From the strings at cocktails to the dancing... Read More music after dinner, we enjoyed all of the music. It truly made our celebration extra special, especially when the musicians learned a few personal songs to sing and play during the cocktail hour and dinner. To hear an unpopular song, that was so meaningful to us, being sung as we sat down at bridal table, was truly wonderful! It was also so great to work with Rose. She is so personable and helpful that all of our planning was very pleasant and everything came together seamlessly (for the bridal party) on the day of the wedding. We didn't need to worry about any of the details for the music, we were able to enjoy! Thank you, Rose! And thank you to all of your staff!

2017-03-28T05:51:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your wedding was truly the most gorgeous one we've had the pleasure of working on...we wish you the best!

Easy to work with and fantastic musicians

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Amelia G

We hired Rose and her musicians to perform for the cocktail hour at our wedding, and they did a wonderful job! Rose was very easy to work with throughout the planning process of our wedding, as she responded to emails and phone calls promptly and was very personable. We even... Read More had a few requests of jazz songs, and they were happy to play them during the party. Their music added so much atmosphere to our party, and Rose's singing really impressed our friends and family! So many of our guests commented on the wonderful music at our cocktail hour, and we had to agree with them! I would gladly recommend Rose and her group to my friends and family, as they were great.

2017-03-28T05:52:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We wish you all the best!

Great Supper Club Atmosphere

Reviewed on 2/09/2015

I hired Rose for my wedding in Nov. 2014. I absolutely lover her performance and got many compliments from my guests on the music. The cocktail hour was a string, classical ensemble. The rest of the reception was done by Rose with her band. Their style reminded me of old-style... Read More supper clubs, which is exactly what I was looking for. Prior to the wedding, we chatted about what she could offer and what I was looking for, and she was able to meet those expectations. I highly recommend her.

2017-03-28T05:54:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We had such a lovely time, and we love that supper club style...glad you enjoyed it :)

Rose Corella and Lola Bard Productions

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

Rose played piano at cocktail hour for our daughter's wedding reception. She was fabulous! Rose played beautiful piano music and was professional and poised as she entertained our family and friends. Rose responded promptly to all of our questions leading up to the wedding... Read More reception and was wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. Rose put a beautiful touch to a wonderful day and we are thankful we had the opportunity to have her as part of this special day.

2017-03-28T05:54:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you! I so appreciate that, and Cheers to you!

Lovely, classy, just the right note...

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

Rose and her group added just the right touches to our daughter's wedding. She came highly recommended, worked closely with our daughter, and we were very pleased. I highly recommend Rose.

2017-03-28T05:55:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a pleasure working with you :)

The Rose Colella Trio Was Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

We're so glad we hired the Rose Colella Trio for our wedding in March of 2013! My wife and I have been long time fans of Rose; We own both of her albums and have been to many of her live performances. So, we knew when we hired her that we would be getting top quality... Read More musicianship. Rose was easy to work with throughout the whole process. Her communication prior to the wedding was always prompt and clear. She really made us feel at ease. For our wedding, Rose performed for both the ceremony and the reception. Her performance during the ceremony was spot on. She sang the two songs that we had requested for the processional and recessional flawlessly and with perfect timing. She and the band also did a great job during the reception. Rose made sure the volume was neither too loud nor too soft and we loved her song selections. We ended up getting a ton of compliments about the band from our guests across the generations. Overall, I would wholeheartedly recommend the Rose Colella Trio to anyone looking to add live music to their wedding.

2017-03-28T05:56:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We so appreciate your kind words, and we loved being a part of your special day!

Sophisticated Lady (and her music)

Reviewed on 2/06/2015

My fiance and I first discovered Rose singing one Saturday night at our favorite french restaurant in Oak Park. We fell in love with her beautiful voice, vocal styling and after introducing ourselves to her between sets- her warm and endearing personality. We were thrilled when... Read More she was available to perform at our Sunday Brunch the morning after our wedding. We received so many compliments on Rose's performance. Her presence provided the sophisticated, warm yet jazzy blend of music that made our brunch truly memorable!

2017-03-28T05:56:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Ward! It was so delightful playing in such a gorgeous setting, with such warm and lovely people!

Lola Bard Prod never disappoints.

Reviewed on 2/05/2015

I've hired through Lola Bard Prod for live music several times and every time they were an absolute pleasure. The musicians are very good at what they do. They are professionals all the way. I've hired them for backyard parties and my wedding reception. Great players and... Read More punctual. Rose Colella has a beautiful voice. Well worth every penny.

2017-03-28T05:57:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Always a pleasure to work with you!

Rose Colella

Jazz vocalist Rose Colella currently performs regularly at Chicago's top jazz clubs and hotels, including The Jazz Showcase & The Green Mill, alongside the city's finest jazz musicians. Rose released her critically acclaimed album "Small Hours" in 2009 and just released her new album “Cocktail” to rave reviews. Rose received her Bachelor of Music degree in Jazz Studies from Roosevelt University in Chicago and owns the entertainment agency Lola Bard Productions, named for her grandmother, a 1930s vocalist who performed and recorded with Bobby Hackett & The Original Dixieland Jazz Band.