Lotus Artistry

based in North Carolina & Colorado // ready to travel!

Sincere perspective & consistent experience!

No matter how or where you express your love, I'm there for you. I'll step up and pose the formal portraits mom wants. I'll step back and watch the magic as you two love on each other. "Picture perfect" is overrated. I'm here for the real shit. I'm here to cultivate the genuine laughter and heartfelt smiles you share with the love of your life. You're investing time, money and effort into your photos. I pride myself in always replying quickly to messages, answering questions and simply being there for you throughout the entire process of getting photos taken. I'm a photographer, dress-holder, hugger and problem solver. I love when friends are clients and clients are friends. So be your weird, wonderful self and let's do this!

Artistic, Documentary

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

based in North Carolina & Colorado // ready to travel! (919) 394-5453

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 James L

Elizabeth is such a loving, ambitious, passionate person and she puts 110% of these attributes into her work. Elizabeth is as good as it freakin gets! I spent a long time researching wedding photographers in my area and was hit hard by her work, she automatically went to the... Read More top of my list and we are so happy that she could shoot our wedding. After having the opportunity to meet, it was clear how her personality and passion matched her crazy amazing talent, guys she is a force! On our big day She focused, professional and attentive behind the lens and so much fun during all the bits in between. Group shots were super smooth and efficient, then individual shots with my husband were just a blast. Through out the course of day Elizabeth continued to bring a thirst and enthusiasm for capturing our wedding and what made that day so special for us, i know those images will be personal and we cant wait to see them ALL. Photography was a big part of the day for us and having the talent and personality of Elizabth entrusted with that responsibility was a dream. Thanks Lotus Artistry (can't wait for the birth of our first baby now to share with you)

2017-12-14T20:01:31 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh, Cassidy. Thank you so much! Working along side you and James was so wonderful. Knowing that you see the passion I have for my art means the world to me. You both are perfect together and I'm so happy I got to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Jordan M

I fell in love with Elizabeth's work long before I even got to meet her. She had done some photos for a friend of mine and I was just blown away by the angles, the moods, the contrasts in colors. Every picture told a different story. So naturally when it came time for my... Read More engagement photos I knew I needed to get in touch. From the first meeting to the engagement photos to our wedding photos, Elizabeth has always been accommodating, kind, fun, and sincere. For a couple that is not fond of a camera, she certainly works wonders! Her positive vibes and impeccable eye for detail will make you in awe of each session. The day of our wedding she kept in contact with me from morning to night, constantly rolling with the beat, and focused not only on taking the pictures but making sure I was okay throughout the entire day. I've been married for four days and the handful of photos that she has sent me so far are incredible! I ugly cried for a good 10 minutes y'all. Needless to say I feel like I've gained quite a talented friend and I can't wait to take more photos in the future with her! Thank you Elizabeth for being the badass you are, you're moving mountains my dear!

2017-11-07T10:40:22 Response from the vendor

Omg Jordan you bring tears to my eyes! the love you and Paul have for each other is so beautiful it was my pleasure to capture it! cannot wait to be part of your story together in the future! :)

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Samantha O

Elizabeth is amazing. I took a boudoir/bridal shoot before the wedding and she made me feel so comfortable. I've struggled with my weight after baby and she got all the perfect angles for flattering shots. Our wedding day she was awesome! She was professional and thought of... Read More every shot I could want. Our wedding was an evening wedding so I was concerned how the nighttime pictures would look since we were outside with very intimate lighting. Again! She did amazing! Maybe I'm bias but I feel like my wedding pictures are her best work! ☺️☺️💕💕💕 I highly recommended her especially if you are into more candid shots instead of posed pictures. All the other photographers I researched were very basic and she definitely is an artist!

2017-10-22T12:24:49 Response from the vendor

thank you so much, Sam! you're so kind and it was so wonderful getting to work with you! your wedding was SO dreamy and stunning, i was honored to be part of it! :)

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Cassidy L

This girl is crazy talented, sweet, loving and passionate!!! She put every ounce of these attributes into her work and our experience with her was phenomenal! We have so many beautiful memories and moments captured of our special day to cherish forever. I love her style,... Read More ambition and extraordinary skill. She is an amazing person inside and out and such a joy to work with. We absolutely couldn't have picked a better photographer!!!

2017-12-14T20:08:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you times a million! These sweet words make my world go round! :)

Reviewed on 11/05/2017

Elizabeth is a wonderful photographer! She has done several pictures for us for several different occasions. Every time is has been relaxed and easy going. We also have a toddler that isn’t always ready to be still but with Liz’s patience she was able to catch some wonderful... Read More moments. I would recommend her for any photo session you made need.

2017-11-05T16:53:29 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 David T

Liz did an amazing job at a very good price, my wife was so excited when she found out I had a photographer coming to the wedding. Made the day that more special. Thanks again Liz.

2017-10-25T14:42:23 Response from the vendor

thank you so much!! photos are so important and i'm glad i was able to be there for your day!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Noelle C

Elizabeth is the best!! She listened to my husband and I's crazy ideas for our vow renewal photos and she glady went along with them. She was SO much fun to work with, and our photos were AMAZING. I will be using Lotus Artistry for all our future picture needs.

2017-10-06T12:39:38 Response from the vendor

thank you!! :) love you guys so much!! so happy i got to be part of your love story. :)

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Stephanie G

Elizabeth is amazing at what she does! She listened to my needs, met them and created gorgeous art all at the same time. Highly recommend to any open minded, free flowing couples who want artistic, expressive photographs!

2017-10-06T12:40:41 Response from the vendor

thank you so much my dear! you trust my vision and love my art, i can't ask for more! :)

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 John B

Excellent work. We Love our photos!

2017-10-06T12:41:20 Response from the vendor

thank youuu! i am so happy i finally got to shoot with Liz and even happier than we got some of you both together. :)

Elizabeth Sims

Hey! I'm Elizabeth but some people call me Lotus. Aside from shooting I'm also a musician, yoga enthusiast and crazy cat lady. Psychology, sociology and generally learning about how humans process life (ironically) gives me life. I've been married to my twin flame Richard for three years. He's a musician and he cooks dinner for me every night. We're sarcastic af and love being silly together. Laughter truly is soul healing!