Louisiana Castle

Franklinton, LA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Louisiana Castle

Couples looking for a romantic destination need not go farther than Louisiana to find the castle of their dreams. Louisiana Castle is a replica of an English Norman keep that stands on ten acres of secluded land in Franklinton, north of Lake Pontchartrain in Washington Parish. Driving down Castle View Lane, the grandiose building comes into view and guests are immediately transported to another era, despite being only minutes away from the bright lights of the big city.

Outdoor weddings are held in front of the castle, next to a picturesque little pond. The bride makes a dramatic entrance from inside the castle doors and descends down to the landscaped garden by the pond. Up to 350 guests can be accommodated in an outdoor ceremony.

The Ballroom is the main indoor reception area at Louisiana Castle, enclosed by double-leaded glass-and-mahogany doors that open up to reveal white columns, crystal chandeliers, inlaid wooden floors and white columns. The castle’s wedding package comes with all-white linen and chair covers, with touches of silver. A sea of white tables with silver trim against the ballroom’s glass and mahogany is a sight to behold. Up to 250 guests can be accommodated in the ballroom.

A 2,800 square foot area adjoining the Ballroom, the Pavilion can be used to expand the seating capacity to 350 guests. When both the Ballroom and the Pavilion are used, the band and the dance floor are normally placed in the Pavilion. The Pavilion has a 14-foot cathedral ceiling, subtle lighting that adds a delicate beauty to the room and white columns that echo those in the Ballroom. A bar area is conveniently located nearby for beverage service.

Wedding packages at Louisiana Castle include the use of the ceremony site and ballroom. Decorations and amenities are part of the package, along with catering and the services of a DJ for both the ceremony and the reception. The ceremony package includes the use of an outdoor site, with the Pavilion as back-up in case of inclement weather. Seating, set-up, décor and stage are all included. This package is available only in conjunction with one of the reception packages. Exclusive use of the Louisiana Castle, including the Juliet suite for the bride and the Groom’s Room, is provided with the package.

The reception package includes the exclusive use of the castle and grounds for up to three hours. The Ballroom will be decorated in the house theme of white linen and drapery. The patio and deck will also be available for use. Floral arrangements for the buffet table area are also provided. The bride and groom’s choice of food from the various reception menu packages will be served. Full set-up and cleanup services and staff are included in the package.

For small bookings of 20 guests or below, Louisiana Castle has a limited reception package. Couples who want to elope and get married with just the two of them and the required witnesses in attendance can also opt for a special elopement package. Louisiana Castle can also accommodate requests for amenities or services not included in the current packages.

At Louisiana Castle, all wedding couples are provided with a wedding cake, a groom’s cake and a boxed anniversary cake as part of the reception package. A Guest Book is also provided, free of charge.

Couples can also book for an Overnight Castle Stay which includes:

• Overnight use of the Juliet Suite
  • Overnight use of the entire Castle and grounds
  • Use of the outdoor Jacuzzi and private deck

FREE Open House for details visit website

FREE OPEN HOUSE Saturday, January 20, 2018 12:00 PM TO 3:00 PM Tour the Castle and taste our cakes. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. For details to RSVP see our Website OR call 504-455-8700 for reservations and information. Very affordable prices, beautiful surroundings and the availability of full packages, including overnight accommodations. Make Louisiana Castle the venue choice of brides looking for that special place for that special day.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Castle, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

47168 Highway 10, Franklinton, LA (504) 455-8700

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kayleigh S

I had my wedding at the Louisiana Castle on October 13,2017. It was the most amazing experience we could have asked for! We had read the reviews on the knot and we had done some other research trying to make sure this was the venue for us and it most definitely was. The... Read More reviews about this place can sound really scary, but if you know what you want and you communicate properly and ask questions then everything will work out famously. The venue itself is so unique and beautiful, the grounds are gorgeous and the castle is just breathtaking. The wedding cake and grooms cake came out beautiful, just like the picture I sent to Mrs Julie, and tasted absolutely delicious. We hired Rock-it productions to be the DJ for the ceremony and reception. Mary, the coordinator was fantastic, she took charge and led us were we needed to go, kept us informed, reminded us of the little things, and got us anything we needed. The food was delicious. The Juliet suite was clean, beautiful and comfortable (my girls and I got our hair and makeup done before we got to the castle since we only had an hour before the ceremony) so we used the Juliet suite for pictures and to get dressed. We decided to stay at the Castle for the night, and at the end of the night, after the reception, they had a few big boxes of left over food for us in the refrigerator that is in the Juliet suite and they let us have access to the soft drinks down stairs. The hot tub looked amazing but we never got a chance to use it. All in all, I had my doubts, I read the reviews and heard the stories but it was the most amazing experience I could have ever wanted or asked for. I feel like the only way it could go wrong is if you don't read the contract through and through, or ask questions. As long as you communicate with Dolly, Mary, and Julie, it will be the best experience!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Whitney K

We got married on 5/12/17 and I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding. The location is secluded, making the event very private and intimate. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff are extremely professional and efficient! I was worried about the rain since I... Read More wanted the ceremony to be outside (although there is A covered patio as a backup plan) but the crew were amazing and allowed us to wait a bit for weather to pass. The staff quickly dried off the pews and provided the wedding party and guests with specific instructions beforehand so we knew what to expect without feeling rushed or pressured. We were able to extend the reception time without any hassle due to weather complications. The food was phenomenal and plentiful! Our cupcake cake was stunning and delicious, as was the grooms cake. I had no issues with music as I brought my own cd's, mailed them early to check that they would work, and made extra copies just in case. Mary, the manager, was very good at keeping us on a specific time schedule and following through with specific requests. I can speak for my entire family when I say the staff did an amazing job at making us feel comfortable and welcomed since we traveled in from another state. I am so glad we chose this venue and would recommend it to anyone - good price, great value!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016

My mother got married at Louisiana Castle recently and I was her planner. We selected the Castle -- needless to say we could not have been more pleased with everything. We selected the Castle because the price was very reasonable and because so much was included in the... Read More package, reducing the number of vendors that I had to deal with. The prices on the internet are the REAL prices--no hidden charges. The staff was very friendly and polite. Mary, the manager, was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly. It is easy to get off track, but Mary, with her sweet smile would guide us saying ,"are you ready to ....." That would be our signal that it was time for the next thing that we planned to do. Even the food servers were "happy workers" because they smiled and seemed to enjoy themselves even though they were working. The cakes (by Ms Tina) were exactly what I wanted and were delicious . The food was delicious (even though I did not eat much) , the hot items were hot and the cold items we cold, the staff kept the food fresh and all the guest kept telling me how wonderful everything tasted. Our friends and family are still talking about it. We selected some music we wanted played from their list and we provided CD's of other music we wanted. The DJ did a great job--she played what we wanted,-- oldies, disco, line dances and of course some current music--something for everyone. That is exactly what we wanted The Louisiana Castle is beautiful, the staff was excellent and we all had a great time. My Mother keeps thanking me for my help and for selecting the Castle for her special day. She said her wedding day was "Magical" and that she really appreciated the Louisiana Castle's staff for making it a day she will never forget. .

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Emily H

The Louisiana Castle met and exceeded every expectation I had for my wedding day. Dolly and Mary are extremely easy to work with; every request I had was fulfilled. The castle was a truly beautiful venue; I booked before touring and was not disappointed with my choice. The... Read More staff is very good at what they do: the food is delicious, the service is great, the prepared music for the ceremony is very classy, the DJ is fun and accommodating, and the provided decorations are beautiful. Mary the manager ensured everyone in the wedding party knew what to do, which was very helpful since I didn't have a rehearsal the evening before. The vendors associated with the castle are also wonderful and make the planning process much easier. Stephen, the florist, created beautiful arrangements for me without much guidance from me at all (note: bouquets and such not included in the package with the castle, but Stephen works hard to get the best rates for castle brides). Julie, the baker, created my dream cake using only a description I verbally gave her (and it was delicious). I personally wanted a bigger cake than what was included for my guest count so that a lot was left over, and Julie baked the extra cake layers for a very reasonable price. The overnight option for the castle is amazing. The castle is a very romantic place to spend a wedding night; the entire castle is yours for the night. There is a very nice hot tub area with robes and towels provided, and the Juliet suite is fully stocked with all the toiletries and supplies you might need. Several boxes of food are prepared for the bride and groom and put in a fridge in the Juliet suite for them to enjoy throughout the night, which is very useful as the couple likely doesn't have much time to eat at the reception. This venue is a perfect option for brides wanting their very own fairytale! My husband and I felt like a real royal couple from the moment we arrived to leaving the castle the next morning. The castle is truly is a value for the inclusive package offered. Speaking of the all inclusive package, it is important to note that this allowed me to have a gorgeous wedding with minimal planning on my part as I worked two jobs and attended graduate school. I would 100% recommend this to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Jimmy J

Cool place, I’ve been a groomsman in other weddings and this was great. Good food, cool location and easy going staff kept things moving. All you eat was was a big bonus, the food kept coming. When I find the right gal hope we get married here!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Julie R

My daughter had her wedding at The Louisiana Castle on Oct. 14, 2017. It was a fantastic experience. Well worth it for the money. The staff is super. Worked really well with us. The music wasn’t too loud so you couldn’t hear if you were trying to talk to someone. Exceeded all of... Read More our spectators. The menu was delicious and they have a great extended menu if you choose to go that route. The grounds and the castle are just exquisite. If you are looking for that “Cinderella” wedding, this is the place.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Dawn R

I was very pleased with my daughter’s wedding at Louisiana Castle...made for a beautiful outside ceremony and reception area is very nice...all had a great time. Staff is wonderful and very helpful.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Bonb H

The wedding for our son was simply fantastic. The Castle is a fairytale place for a wedding (or any event for that matter). From the outdoor ceremony area to the indoor reception area, every detail was on point and simply perfect. The Castle handled everything (flowers, DJ,... Read More catering, everything. We just showed up and they took care of all of the details. You won't find anyplace like this in the New Orleans area. Not in value, not in service not in such an unbelievable setting. We highly recommend this venue, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Robert H

Every brides fairytale wedding is possible at The Louisiana Castle! My bride, now wife, and I were absolutely stunned when coming down the drive the first time. This amazing place is breathtaking and straight out of every young girls dreams. Besides being beautiful, it was the... Read More most stress free wedding. All the wedding plans can be taken care of in house. So no worries about the who, when, and where because it's all there. The food is delicious, the cakes were magnificent, the pictures were sensational, and the decorations were absolutely gorgeous. When the bride emerges from the castle doors and the rose petals rain down over her, it is nothing short of mesmerizing. Honestly there is no where else worth your special day more. Did I mention the bride and groom can stay the night with all the castle grounds at their disposal. So make your fairytale come true,like we did, at The Louisiana Castle.

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Shanitra M

Last night my husband and I along with family and friends had the most beautiful time @ Louisiana Castle. The Florist Steven Thomas put an amazing touch to the decor. I loved it!!! Everything was not only gorgeous but very well put together. Hats off to Mary, I was not prepared... Read More but she put my wedding in motion and it flowed perfectly as if she and I had done a sit down conversation about it. The food tasted great, my compliments to the chef and staff. They kept everything flowing. At the last minute my bartender got sick so Mr. Steve, Mary's husband, served the drinks for us he was great. If you plan on getting married do choose The Castle, Dolly is an amazing woman also. She always check back and clarify with you on what you want. Thank you Louisiana Castle for making our day a heavenly memory!!!!

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Patricia C

They worked with us well during the weeks leading up to the wedding. While my daughter was dressing, the staff was very accommodating and helpful. There was no discussion regarding roles and places for the wedding party regarding the ceremony. It was expected that people would... Read More just know which way to go. The Juliet Suite is very pretty, but the fixtures are dated. The reception area restrooms are dated, as well. During the reception, the WiFi went out. That meant there were about 8 songs TOTAL that were played after that. They had no backup plan. Not exactly the experience I was paying for. The DJ was rude regarding it and not helpful. We had playlists, but they had no way of playing them. Right before 10, they replenished ALL of the food, even though it had been empty for a while and no one was eating. Guess what? The responsible party signs a contract that they cannot take the food off the premises, which means the staff takes it home. The wedding cake was AWFUL. Don't expect the same cake you ordered from the sampling. As the cleanup was occurring, I was double-checking our party had not left anything. Not only was the staff drinking OUR wine, but they were talking trash about our wedding and the wedding party guests. While it is an all-inclusive spot and very unique, the staff needs training, the accommodations need to be updated, and the venue needs a real DJ. The money spent did not reflect what we received. Please note what everyone says about the coordinator-it is true. She would be great with some interpersonal training. Also, I've never seen an owner so vehemently dispute reviews. That in itself should be a huge red flag. Wedding: 03/24/2017

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Joselyn M

I had my wedding here, Mrs Dolly is amazing, since the first day i spoke to her, she was really nice. The day of the event went well according to my plans. They need to work better with comunication with the bride, i had to be calling them all the time, i bought expensive aisle... Read More that they forgot to put it :( i never got it back not even a apology letter from them. The guy that makes the arragement was really hard to contact him, i went to.my wedding not even knowing if they put the decoration as i wanted. Its a nice place but i think they need to work better.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amber L

The castle was such a great venue for our masquerade wedding. Mary makes sure that everything runs smoothly. We used an outside vendor for our cake, which did not arrive on time and she had to redo the bottom layer, but we did not find this out until the reception was over.... Read More Nothing to worry about! The cake was fixed perfectly, I didn't even notice something happened to it. The food was amazing, our decorations were perfect (thanks Steven!), and the music was great. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Bethany M

Brought a cd for all the ceremony songs and reception, but because it had cd-r capabilities, their computers wouldn't run it. Dolly was amazing and easy to work with for payments and planning, but having spent countless hours on a playlist only to have it not play was a bit... Read More heartbreaking. The DJ also seemed pretty clueless in general and there was a whole minute after the "kiss the bride" moment where there was no music to walk out to, so that was awkward. We bought the honeymoon package where you stay the night, which would have been the best part if the experience, but the morning after, there were people cleaning up downstairs well before we were supposed to be out. That was a bit startling since the appeal was having the castle to ourselves. In general, not much went as smoothly as they made it seem it would be. One thing I really liked was the cottage they have available to rent, because there are no hotels in the area. The castle was beautiful and the food was great, but if I could do it again I would have done it somewhere cheaper and saved myself the trouble :/

2016-12-14T01:28:58 Response from the vendor

I do want to make a couple of comments about this review. We give are very specific written instructions about what we can play and make is very clear to use music CD not cd-r (rewritable CD), also not flashdrives. We also tell them to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Catherine C

5.0 Private User Louisiana Castle made my wedding absolutely amazing. Everyone was incredibly cooperative and kind, from my initial contact with Dolly to when I worked with Mary on the ceremony details. Dolly and Mary make a point to make everyone happy and make things run... Read More smoothly. They are very reasonable people who will do their best to make everything perfect. FYI: the review that says that the venue didn't have their music right is in the wrong. It's stated clearly in the contract that you are to provide your own music. Mary made sure my music played when I wanted it, I had it ready and on a labeled CD. We also did the overnight stay, the snack box they leave was much welcome since we didn't really have time to eat. The hot tub is amazing-bring your champagne and unwind! The bed and Juliet suite was very clean and well kept. I highly recommend Louisiana Castle!

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Miranda B

Absolutely gorgeous venue, and VERY friendly and helpful staff! Despite the recent flooding of our decorator/florist's (the manager of the castle's son) shop, we still received nothing but high quality service! Truly a family-oriented group of people to work with...very... Read More easy-going, flexible, and helpful. I personally feel that a WEDDING is more to please everyone else, and the MARRIAGE is to please the couple, but in this case, the couple experienced a perfect WEDDING as well! The food was delicious! I highly recommend the baked fish with castle crawfish sauce and the white chocolate bread pudding if you are selecting a menu here! We spent the night at the castle as well. We did in fact have then entire place to ourselves, including the hot tub, fountain drinks, and sound system in the reception area. If you, as the couple getting married, are concerned with minute details of your wedding, rather than the future of your marriage, I guarantee that your WEDDING will NOT be perfect to you...no matter where or when or how you have it.

Reviewed on 3/11/2016 Ashley J

The Louisiana Castle is such a breath taking wedding venue. We could not have asked for a more beautiful and perfect ceremony/reception/overnight stay for our November wedding. Everyone was beyond helpful and kind. Thanks to Mrs. Dolly, Steve, and Mary for making what could... Read More have been a very stressful time for a bride a complete breeze. If I had to choose again, I would choose the Louisiana Castle everytime. All of our guest had nothing but good things to say and they all had such a good time. The food was delicious. It was so special to be able to spend the night as well. I have nothing but good things to say.

Reviewed on 3/08/2016 Karly J

They get 2 stars because in the end, I enjoyed my wedding. BUT there are several BIG red flags. Here is a list of a few of them. First off, Mary is a headache. I could have done without her. When we arrived, the A/C was not on in the Juliet Suite or the groom's room. It was... Read More nasty hot and I was sweating while trying to get my makeup done. I wasn't allowed to be a part of the ceremony rehearsal. Mary made me sit inside the thrown room while she told everyone what they were supposed to do. I had a special order they were going to walk down and Mary told them something different so the ceremony procession was a mess!! The DJ was not there to play my ceremony music so Mary had to step in, which would have been fine if she played the music on time. I paid for an extra hour to set up before because I did not like any of the decorations they offered so I brought my own. Mary stated that her staff would be available to help set up. No one helped. We asked for water to be brought up to the Juliet suite because all the girls were hot and sweaty. That took FOREVER! The aisle wasn't swept off so I was dragging pine needles and sticks in my train all the way up to the alter. NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE!! I had to have an usher get his vehicle to drive my elderly guests up and down a giant hill of a driveway. We provided all of our own music for the ceremony and reception. We had each disc labeled along with a list of each song title, artist, and song length. The "DJ" aka a girl that sat behind the DJ booth and looked at Pinterest all night did not DJ. I had to go up to her and ask her to shuffle the songs. Four OutKast songs in a row was enough. Mary embarrassed me and my husband during the toast and cutting the cake. When we're supposed to be feeding each other the cake, we asked for forks. She said, "No, use your fingers." Well now we're standing there awkwardly with everyone looking at us with the manager's telling us we're not allowed to have forks. Then, when we were moving to the groom's cake, Mary snatched the glass of champagne out of my husband's hand and said that he wasn't allowed to walk with it to the groom's cake. Their contract states that my family isn't allowed to take home extra food that I paid for. As later told by Mary this was because, "They didn't want the people to get sick if it wasn't stored properly" AKA I'm feeding my staff with your food after you leave. It took forever for staff to clear the dinner plates off the tables. My guests had to start stacking them in piles to have room on the table. We did end up using Tina, their cake lady, but I told her I didn't want her decorating. I just asked for 3 plain fondant tiers. I brought ribbon, petals, and cake topper and Mary did a nice job of decorating it. Tina did not make the groom cake. Her portfolio left more to be desired. The end all be all, there were several struggles but my guests had fun, the food was good, and the backdrop is beautiful. I actually have a friend that is engaged and wants her wedding at the castle and I fully support her, but just be aware that this place is a work in progress. My advice if you want this venue - hire all of your own vendors and a wedding planner to deal with Mary.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Camille P

I have only good things to say about Louisiana Castle! I had a Saturday afternoon reception at the castle and everything went smoothly and as planned. Mary, the coordinator, works with you to make sure you're staying on a timeline so I got to enjoy my time and rely on Mary to... Read More tell me when it was time for a dance, cake cutting, garter toss, etc. The food was delicious as well. I had a few guests tell me it was the best food they've ever eaten at a wedding. The castle pckage includes the food, DJ, standard table centerpiece and chair ribbons, and wedding cake. This made everything so easy for me and I didn't have to worry about finding the vendors on my own. I would recommend the castle to anyone looking for a unique and beautiful location that will blow your guests away.

Reviewed on 2/28/2016

My sister had her wedding here. And it was absolutely stunning! The venue, atmosphere, and owners were spectacular. The bridal suite was so romantic and inviting. I was jealous that I wasn't staying the night. Every detail was covered by the venue, even midnight snacks for the... Read More bride and groom. It was the most beautiful wedding I had ever had the pleasure of attending and being a part of the bridal party. The Louisiana Castle is by far my favorite wedding venue in the south. I would strongly recommend them to everyone who wants a fairytale wedding!0

Reviewed on 2/01/2016

The concept is really unique, but the execution is absolutely terrible. A wedding day is supposed to be about displaying your lifelong commitment to someone; however, this venue was so overpriced, understaffed, and shockingly not thought out that the event lost every opportunity... Read More at being memorable (in a good way). Everything from the sound system, "dj" (I put that in quotes because the person playing the music was quite literally the worst), to the abrasive wedding planner, rubbed guests and the wedding party the wrong way. The wedding planner, Mary, came up to the suite while the photographer, makeup artist, and hair stylist were preparing the bride and waved the contract in her face, saying everyone MUST be out of the castle except for the groom and bride by 7:30. My sister laughed it off and tried to diffuse the situation by saying, "I assure you that nobody wants to be here past 7." The groom's cake wasn't what was selected. The rooms were quite filthy. The only enjoyable experience was that there was a wedding and that I was able to witness two lovebirds commitment to each another. So if you are looking to drop some money on a severely underwhelmed wedding with little to no thought, terrible music/ sound system, the rudest staff, then this setting is for you. (I would rate negative stars if I were able.)

2016-02-03T15:26:30 Response from the vendor

Any brides that are concerned about this review please contact me directly so I can explain this situation. What she says is not true. I am disputing this review with The Knot with the emails that were sent between myself and her. I can explain... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 Shera Z

Fair warning: stay away! The coordinator is so neglectful and rushes the reception. She missed all our special details and belittled us. The hot tub had sand in the bottom and a used bandaid on the side. The honeymoon suite had dead bugs and dust everywhere. It was a gross and... Read More horrible experience. Save your money and get a venue run by professionals.

2016-02-03T15:34:14 Response from the vendor

Any bride that is concerned about this review please contact me directly so I can explain this situation. What she says is not true, I am disputing this review with The Knot with the emails that were sent between myself and her. I can explain... Read Less Read More

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 7/17/2015 Lakiesha L

The Location was perfect. They really have a beautiful venue. It was the perfect background to my pictures and it was nicely priced. My family couldn't believe that I had such a beautiful venue.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015 Nicole R

The service from the staff was wonderful. They were very concerned about our wishes and wanted to make sure we had our dream wedding. They made sure we had a great time and did their best to avoid any issues (that were in their control). We had a wonderful time! We made awesome... Read More memories! I would highly suggest this venue!

Beautiful wedding venue

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Ashley B

Absolutely stunning venue! Would recommend a better DJ, but for the value, it was all amazing! Very helpful staff!