LoveBirds Sweets

Gluten Free, Organic

Cake Accessories, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Serving Austin, Dripping Springs and Hill Country (512) 483-1888

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 Courtney C

By far one of my favorite things about our wedding was our beautiful wedding and grooms cake from Love Bird Sweets. It not only looked beautiful, it tasted so delicious and our guests really enjoyed it!! I would absolutely recommend using Love Bird Sweets for your next event.

Reviewed on 12/12/2015 Ryan S

Love birds was so amazing!!!! The cake was delicious!! The best cake I've ever had! The design was everything I ever dreamed of! So beautiful! I loved working with this vendor! Simply s delight!!! Can't wait to work with her again!!!

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Shery K

Denise is beyond amazing! Her professionalism and fabulous personality make her a joy to work with. Her attention to the detail of her beautiful decorations and the fabulous taste and texture of her cakes is genius. I tasted many cakes from many bakeries and no one even came... Read More close! She took my cake dream and made it a delicious reality. People are still raving about her cake.

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Rebecca M

We met Denise at a Bridal Expo and couldn’t wait to schedule a tasting with her! When we met for the formal tasking, we were blown away by her professionalism, knowledge, and dedication to her craft. She asked all the right questions to get a thorough understanding of what we... Read More wanted design wise and the cakes she prepared for us to taste made choosing a favorite so much harder! But we narrowed down the flavors and the initial designs for our Wedding Cake and my husband’s Groom’s Cake. Within a few days of our tasking Denise had captured the whimsy of the Marvel Comics themed Groom’s cake and the simple classical elegance of our wedding cake adorned with sugar flowers with ease in the mock ups she sent. On the day of our Wedding we were stunned with how amazing our cakes came out. The Groom’s cake captured every guys’ inner little boy with all of its details like Hulk’s fist smashing though a layer and Thor’s Hammer on top. My husband was so happy with his cake! The wedding cake was simply stunning and the sugar flowers were so realistic and breathe taking! But the cakes were not only visually stunning, they were delicious! Our Wedding guests are still commenting about how wonderful they tasted. Denise went above and beyond and we couldn’t be happier! We are eagerly looking forward to our first anniversary cake in April! We have and will continue to recommend Denise and Lovebird Sweets to everyone! Thank you Denise for making the most wonderful cakes for our special day!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Brittany H

We had a wonderful experience with Lovebirds Sweets, from the cake tasting to the day of our wedding. Denise made our tasting sentimental and the decorations and flavors were perfect and yummy! I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Callie K

Thank you Denise for exceeding our expectations!!! Our cakes were absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing! I would say out of all of our vendor's Denise was absolutely one of the easiest to work with and also helpful in problem solving - even day of! It really helps make... Read More everything go smoothly when you book vendors excel at what they do. I received so many compliments not only on the aesthetics of our cakes (we had a full on large bridal cake with two satellites cakes with sugar flowers and then the grooms cake was an awesome water scene with 3D sculpted Bass) but also that was the BEST cake they had ever tasted. We actually still have the Bass in our freezer because when everyone packed up our wedding they thought it was too awesome to throw away - people were even questioning if it was really sculpted and not plastic. I would & have highly recommend LoveBirds Sweets to everyone!!!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Jonathon

Lovebirds exceeded my expectation in every way. The tasting was phenomenal, the mini desserts were raved about, the cake was beautiful and delicious, and the set up was by far my favorite part of the ceremony. I will definitely recommend lovebirds to anyone needing a wedding... Read More cake or any type of cake. And Denise is great to work with :)

Exceeded all expectations!!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2015

Denise is the absolute best! She created the most magnificent bridal cake for our wedding and it exceeded all of our expectations! The most amazing thing about the cake (besides the taste!) was her unbelievable sugar flower work. I am trying to find a way to save them all and... Read More display-everyone actually thought they were real flowers. Amazing to work with, so sweet, great tasting cake and impeccable skill! HIGHLY RECOMMEND - thank you Denise!

Amazing Wedding cake

Reviewed on 3/06/2015 Alyssa H

We had Lovebirds Sweets make our wedding cake this past weekend and it was AMAZING. Everything is made fresh at their shop, nothing is store bought!!! This is the first cake I have ever tasted that I could not get enough of. Denise is the master behind the wedding cake vision... Read More and taste. Denise hand draws our cakes to give an estimate. This was so pretty because I feel that our cake looked like a cake out of a magazine!! The service was perfect and I was always able to contact and speak to Denise about details and flavors. I can not say enough on how out of this world the cake tasted. We had the champagne cake with butter cream frosting. Fresh strawberry filling and the inside cream was to die for. I wish I could get this cake daily to have to snack on. Lovebirds is wonderful and I recommend completely. Even feedback from the guests at our wedding LOVED the cakes!!! They told us it was the best they have ever had!!! -Alyssa Salinas

Most delicous cake ever!

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Samara T

I can't say how wonderful Lovebirds was in our cake design and execution! I was impressed from the moment I tried their samples at the Austin bridal extravaganza. One reason I wanted a private tasting, was that they limit how many cakes they make each weekend. We had a tasting,... Read More and were completely blown away! Even the presentation was spectacular. Other tastings I went to, just cut a piece of cake out of a sample cake, but theirs were baked just for us! It was so exciting to see the final product on the day of the wedding. I had so many compliments on my cake, from how gorgeous it was, to how awesome it tasted! I can't wait to have some on my wedding anniversary! If you want a cake that everyone will love and remember, use Lovebirds Sweets!

LoveBirds Sweets is simply marvelous!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Paula H

Denise, of LoveBirds Sweets, is very easy to work with to design the wedding cake of your dreams. She is flexible, and listens to what you're looking for. Our cake turned out incredibly beautiful, crazy delicious, and exactly what we dreamed of! Highly recommend LoveBirds... Read More Sweets for your dream cake!

Delicious cakes and great service!

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Maíra d

We hired Denise to make our wedding cake and she was a pleasure to work with. The tasting was great and she was very flexible. It was clear that she really cared about what we wanted and made sure to help us through the process. Communication was great, also. The wedding cake... Read More was beautiful and was a big hit at the wedding. Guests loved it! I definitely recommend Lovebird Sweets for any of your dessert needs.

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Maggie

The number one reason we chose LoveBirds Sweets was because of how delicious the cakes were! We were looking for a cake that would taste good and look good, and we found that with LoveBirds! We sampled wedding cakes at several different places and found that they either had good... Read More tasting cakes or good looking cakes, it was really hard to find both! Denise was great to work with and she was always very professional. I appreciated that I came to her with an idea of what I wanted and she responded with a detailed design sketch. During wedding planning, I quickly learned that people interpret design explanations very differently, so it was great to have a visual. We had a somewhat traditional wedding cake, but for the groom's cake we had a Sriracha bottle. Everyone loved this cake at the wedding, and the stenciling detail was absolutely amazing! There were additional sugar flowers added to the main wedding cake than what was in the original picture, but I trust that this was a well-executed design decision.

Three's a Charm!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Paige C

We met with a few local bakeries during our wedding cake hunt and when we met Denise we absolutely fell in love! She is so professional and sweet. And the best part is her flavors are absolutely amazing! So amazing we couldn't decide on one so we went with 3 cakes! I didn't want... Read More the traditional formal wedding cake so she worked with us in designing the ideal mix of organic and modern. All three cakes were delicious (almond, carrot, and devil's chocolate) and can't wait for our anniversary cake, its going to be hard deciding which flavor. I would highly recommend Love Birds Sweets!

Completely blown away by the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Giselle P

Working with Denise was a pleasure, she's so sweet and made sure everything was absolutely perfect. We tasted flavors we were considering during our trial with her and they were all amazing so it was hard to choose! She worked up beautiful sketches after we told her our... Read More ideas and nailed it. When I saw the cakes on our cake table at the venue on our wedding day, I was smiling from ear to ear. I have never seen such an awesome Grooms cake! It looked like a real drum, my grandma was scared to cut into it because she didn't even know it was a cake!! Our wedding cake was equally as gorgeous, with a large sugar flower that also looked realistic. She totally went above and beyond my expectations and they tasted great too!! We got SO many compliments about how neat the cake table was, and I highly recommend working with LoveBirds Sweets!

Amazing Cake!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Courtney P

Denise was amazing she was great and worked with our schedules for the tasting. At the tasting she was great and talked us through all of our options and brought an extra flavor for us to taste (strawberry) because she said they would be at their peak at our wedding. We loved... Read More it and chose it as one of our 2 flavors. We got so many compliments on our cake from our guests about how they never eat cake at weddings but that they had to have seconds!

AMAZING and Beautiful Wedding Cake!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Anne Marie N

One of the first things we picked for the wedding was the cake. We met with Denise from Lovebirds Sweets and loved her and the cake! She did a fantastic job and really brought our dream to reality. I highly recommend this company for quality and service!

Love Birds Sweets are the best of the best!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Lizzie P

We used Love Birds Sweets for our wedding recently and are so happy that we did. Denise was amazing - extremely well organized and she really took the time to listen and figure out exactly what we wanted. She was super easy to get a hold of and was always open to any changes... Read More that we wanted to make. She designed the most beautiful bridal cake - it was exactly what I was picturing and it tasted amazing. The cake wasn't dry like most wedding cakes I've had - it was moist and the buttercream wasn't overwhelmingly sweet, it was just the perfect balance. She also came up with a custom flavor and sugar topper for the groom's cake which was equally delicious and was such a sweet surprise for my husband. Love Birds Sweets pride themselves on using natural ingredients no preservatives; because they use no preservatives, they wouldn't want you to freeze the top layer of your cake, so for your one year anniversary, she bakes you a whole new top layer. I can't recommend Love Birds Sweets highly enough!

We love Love Birds Sweets!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Estefania L

We met Denise for a cake tasting and automatically loved her professionalism and knowledge. She asked all the right questions and was extremely organized, which made us feel very comfortable about the entire process. The tasting went very well and we fell in love with the... Read More quality and delicious taste of her cakes! Right after our initial meeting, she sent us a mock up of our cake design. Denise worked hard from the beginning to design the cake around our wedding theme. Furthermore, not once did she push for anything out of our price range which we really appreciated. Before our wedding, Denise was very easy to get in touch with to answer any questions (we had questions on wording for our menu). She was also flexible with drop off time at our venue in order to work with the florist who was putting the flowers on the cake. The day of the wedding, the cake went above and beyond our expectations. Not only did it look beautiful, but it was DELICIOUS! People kept commenting on how amazing it was. The ingredients were fresh and the cake was incredibly delicious. (I wish I could eat it daily). Overall Denise is very easy to work with. She takes her work very seriously and pushes to go above and beyond. The quality of the cake is better than anything we envisioned and most importantly the taste will WOW you. Something else we really love is that Love Birds Sweets will send you a cake for your one year anniversary so you don't have to freeze it and it can be fresh! We would use Love Birds Sweets again for another event and we would recommend them to any of our friends!

Elegant and Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Abby L

We met Denise while attending a bridal expo. By the time we found her booth, we had already tried several wedding cake samples from various vendors. However, after sampling various cakes from LoveBirds Sweets, we were sold. We scheduled a formal tasting and selected several... Read More flavors to try. Denise also included something she thought we might like-- an almond cake with white chocolate buttercream, filled with fresh raspberries and raspberries preserves. She was right! It was delicious! During our wedding,several guests approached me to rave about the cake. I also overheard several guests stating that the cake was "the best wedding cake they had ever had"! Thanks Denise, for making us look good!

2014-10-13T21:20:49 Response from the vendor

So happy you and your guests loved your cake - it was a pleasure creating it for you!!!

GREAT CAKE

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Renée G

AMAZING WORK!!! Denise is great to work with and will bring your vision to life. I wouldn't go with anybody else...plus the personal 1 year anniversary cake is a super sweet bonus!

Best Cakes and service ever!!!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Hannah F

Denise was absolutely wonderful for both my bride and grooms cakes! The cake was definitely at the top for best things about my wedding! Very rarely do you find cakes that are as good as they look! I can't wait for my one year anniversary to get a complimentary piece of our... Read More wedding cake!!!!

Best cake we've ever had!

Reviewed on 2/22/2014 Rachel W

I'm really not a sweets person so I wasn't dead set on having a wedding cake, but it was important to my fiance. After trying the samples at LoveBirds, I was definitely a cake person! It was truly the best cake I've ever tasted. We settled on the lemon and strawberry flavors for... Read More our wedding and did fondant instead of buttercream because Denise said the buttercream would absorb the smell of smoke from our BBQ reception venue. While a lot of people don't like fondant, hers is top-notch and was actually delicious. The cake was lovely, but the sugar flowers stole the show -- most people assumed they were real. We were so impressed with Denise's knowledge of cakes, frosting, etc. and her total mastery of the sugar flowers. She was an absolute pro every step of the way and we loved our cake so much!

Exquisite Experience with LoveBirds Sweets!

Reviewed on 12/08/2013 Cory P

We found Denise through Pinterest of all things and could not have been happier! Her overall esthetic was classy yet vibrant and she had a very clean style to her cakes. Her presentation during our tasting was quaint and well organized. She had us pick 4 flavors and then she... Read More threw in a wildcard which was the one we ended up picking! Her follow up was always timely and her detail oriented nature made creating our cake an amazing experience. I will happily refer any brides to her!

2013-12-10T17:34:55 Response from the vendor

It was my pleasure to create your gorgeous cake - and I'm so happy you loved all of the sugar flowers! I must say it brought tears to my eyes to see you and Michael during your photo session, and your reaction on first seeing... Read Less Read More

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Katie D

LoveBird Sweets did such an amazing job with my wedding! Not only did they provide an amazing dessert bar that my friends and family were raving about, but they also provided the decor for the dessert bar and nailed my rustic theme. I gave them an idea of the things that I... Read More liked and the feel of my wedding and let them take it from there and I was amazed by what they did. It was better than I could have imagined. People were taking pictures of it all night and kept coming up to me to tell me how wonderful they thought it looked and tasted. It was just perfect!

2013-11-07T16:35:02 Response from the vendor

We were beyond thrilled to create your bar for you and are so happy you loved the results!! It was an absolute pleasure working with you to bring your vision to life - and can't thank you enough for trusting us on such a special... Read Less Read More