Creating visuals that ignite the night.

Love in Theory is an award winning photography studio started by lead photographer, Jacquie Lew. Modern, sophisticated, and elegant, Jacq utilizes her skills in fine art photographer to bring something completely different to the table. She specializes in styled portraits, exquisitely placed details, and romantic "crazy in love" candids that not only document a moment, but an entire story. Her ability to connect with clients on a deeper and more intimate level has allowed her to touch into the true personalities of her couples, and is brought to life in her composition, expert editing, and eye for detail. Based in New York City, Jacquie and her associate(s) have shot around the US and worldwide.

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

451 East 83rd Street, New York, NY Worldwide (415) 999-0002
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 12/20/2016 Melissa R

Let me start out by saying Love In Theory is the best wedding photographer out there. Look no further brides and grooms. As a bride, my #1 priority was finding a photographer who would I could trust enough to provide me with photos to capture some of the most special moments of... Read More my life. Photography was more important to me than any other vendor (including food and music, and I love food and dancing). After in depth research, I kept going back to Love In Theory. Not just because of their exceptional value, responsiveness, the calming effect of Jacquie's beautiful, warm personality but the pure talent and the love and light that shines through in her photographs. She has a way with capturing the most magical and fairytale-like moments. Her use of color and light come through in every shot. Trust me- just look at her site! My experience working with Jacquie & crew was sheer perfection from start to finish.My husband Tom and I received such an outpouring of positive response from our guests, bridal party and social media friends. Everyone we know has raved about our pictures from Love In Theory but not as much as we can. If anyone needs a recommendation, this is it. Jacquie is an artist and a professional. You are in the best hands with Love In Theory. Aside from her spectacular photography, her attention to detail is exceptional. All of our photos were delivered to us in the most adorable, thoughtful way. Anyone who was blessed enough to work with her knows what I mean by that. We fell in love with Jacquie from day one and now she is a friend to us. I posted about this photographer in the past after she shot our engagement photos because I already trusted that she would deliver the same results for our wedding. Jacquie- who I will always refer to as the Queen of Photography- we love you! Thank you and your team for being there as our most treasured photographer, our most sane, reliable vendor, and now our friend. Love always, M&T

Amazing Session, Stunning Pictures!

Reviewed on 2/11/2012 Lauren B

Jacquie with Photo Philosophies shot my Boudoir photos as a gift to my husband on our wedding day. She was absolutely amazing every step of the way. Jacquie helped give me a sense of what to bring to our session (jewelry, heels, multiple ensembles), researched different... Read More locations for us to shoot because I didn't want to do it at our place, and quickly worked to find a time that was convenient for both of us. This was no small task as we were both very busy and I finally got the courage to do a boudoir shoot just 2 weeks before our wedding. Jacquie not only made the time to do it, but also turned around some of pictures very quickly so I could have them for our wedding day. I was extremely nervous being in itty-bitty clothing in front of a stranger, but she made me totally comfortable and I felt I was with a very professional friend. Jacquie really knew what looked good on camera and made me feel comfortable posing. The pictures turned out great and my husband absolutely loved them. She also presented them to me in a lovely box so they were gift-ready right away. Thank you, Jacquie, for these wonderful pictures that my husband and I will have forever. When I'm old and wrinkly...we will still have proof that one time I was young and hot! Haha!

Look no further!

Reviewed on 2/11/2012 Lynne C

We found Jacquie through a friend who used Photo Philosophies for his wedding. After meeting her, my husband and I immediately knew she was the right photographer for us. We wanted photographs that weren't overly staged or typical, and Jacquie's vision matched ours perfectly.... Read More She's an artist who has such an eye for detail and beauty. She captured moments of our wedding that were absolutely priceless, and when we looked at the pictures for the first time all the fun and excitement of the day came through every shot. My friends and family were floored by the quality of the pictures, and my husband and I were thrilled. Jacquie can easily charge much more than she does; I've really never seen more beautiful wedding shots in my life. On top of the quality of the photos, Jacquie is utterly professional. She answered every call, email and question quickly and thoroughly, and she was lovely to work with. She's the kind of person you want to deal with on your wedding day because she's patient and funny and totally cool. She's definitely going to be my lifelong photographer. Snatch her up!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Lillian T

Can't say enough great things about Jacq and Gui. Not only did she work within our budget, she worked tirelessly to make me feel comfortable so our personalities would shine through in our photos. Jacq knew I wasn't into the really cheesy engagement and wedding photos. She... Read More understood our vision and captured it completely. The photos were fun and cute with a hint of sass; a perfect reflection of us and our wedding... She was reliable, personable, kind and warm. Weddings are stressful as it is, but she kept everyone sane and happy, especially me. :) She also introduced me to my hair and makeup artist. HIRE JACQ AND LOVE IN THEORY NOW.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Ma'ayan E

If you want stunning, editorial photographs go with Love in Theory! We were so pleased with the portraits that Jacq and Gui took of us and our bridal party. And we loved the actions shots they captured throughout the day. We got so many compliments on our photographs from... Read More friends and family. Everyone felt that the pictures were so much more than standard wedding photos. Jacq has a really creative eye and it really came through in the final product. Our photographs feel so special and we're so grateful to have working with Love in Theory.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Rachele P

We had the most wonderful experience with Jacq. She made us feel so comfortable, she helped us "pose" without it feeling too posed, and the direction she gave was so helpful and natural. Our photos are beautiful and we are so appreciative of her.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017

I met Jacq through a friend and let me just say I am ABSOLUTELY happy I was given this recommendation. Jacq shot my engagement photos in April 2017 – at first my fiancé and I were really stiff because of course we’ve never done a photoshoot before. Jacq was able to coach us... Read More through the shoot to get us comfortable with the camera and shooting with each other. When we saw the initial photos – we were head-over- heels IN LOVE!!!!!!!!! We totally can’t wait for our BIG DAY! Jacq is extremely professional, attentive, accessible, unique, and of course fun - we couldn’t have selected a better photographer to capture our special day.

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Melissa R

They say to choose the 3 most important things to focus on when planning a wedding. You can't have the best of everything when working with a budget. We decided that a great photographer was definitely in the top 3 priorities. After weeks of thoroughly researching... Read More photographers and meeting with a few in person, my heart kept going back to Love in Theory's, Jacquie Lew because of her beautiful use of color, light and romantic & whimsical vision that comes through in all of her photos. After meeting Jacquie in person to get to know each other over coffee, we felt instantly calmed from her laid-back, West-Coast personality and her top-notch professionalism. We knew we found the one. A week later, we shot our engagement photos 3 days before Jacquie was leaving for an extended trip. To our shock, she made the time to send us our photos the day after the shoot despite her upcoming trip. We also received the thumb drive in the mail just days later. It came in the CUTEST packaging. Jacquie really pays attention to the little things and made us feel so special (refer to her blog!). After all that, this is the best part: Our. Pictures. Were. Amazing! We went into the shoot feeling like we would be total stiffs in front of the camera and somehow Jacquie made us relaxed and that came through in the pictures 10 fold. We are pretty much obsessed with them and now have 5 of them going on our Save The Dates because we can't narrow them down any further. All my friends have been raving about her work. Some brides have contacted me for her info already. The wedding is in a few months and I'm confident that I will have even more amazing things to say after that day. Overall, we adore Jacquie and feel like she's not only our talented photographer, but our friend. We are so lucky and blessed that we found her. Jacquie - Thank you x a million!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Susan L

Jacquie absolutely made my engagement session vision come true! Since I am having a Decemeber wedding, I want to be able to take the engagement session in the snow. Lo and behold, snow storm Jonas bellowed. Jacquie braved the storm with us and delivered amazing photos that we... Read More will cherish for the rest of our lives. She is such a doll to work with! She's completely down to earth and have a keen eye for detail. She even took the time to help choose my outfit. I can't wait to work with her during the wedding!

Reviewed on 3/04/2016

Jacquie has been great to work with so far. Our engagement photoshoot felt completely comfortable and authentic. We didn't want any cheesy photos so it was really important to us that she understood the aesthetic and feeling we were going for. We love our engagement photos so... Read More much and have every confidence that our wedding photos will be amazing!

Marriage Hall

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 jabeau l

Enjoyed working with LoveinTheory. Our pictures came out incredible!

Not your average wedding photos

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Cheari K

Jacqui (and Richard) are the best. After a few initial engagement shoots Jacqui was really able to figure out how to make us relax and look good in our photos. Her photos and editing are truly unique and each photo is a piece of art. We had so many compliments on our engagement... Read More shoot. We can't wait to see our wedding photos!

Beyond Happy!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015 Courtney G

Jacq and her team at Love in Theory were an absolute delight to work with from start to finish. While Jacq was unavailable for our actually wedding day, she had one of her phenomenal associates and his equally amazing assistant work with us to capture and create the most... Read More stunning collection of photos we could have ever imagined, all the while possessing an incredible professionalism that many of our guests and wedding party members couldn't help but take note of themselves. Jacq was very thorough and quick with her communication post-wedding and during the editing process. We were blown away (as well as were family and friends) by the finished product. We would highly recommend Love In Theory to anyone looking for non-cliche, yet still stunningly tasteful photography to commemorate their special occasion.

Highly recommended, beautiful aesthetic, great personality

Reviewed on 7/26/2015

I absolutely loved working with Jacq at LoveinTheory, formerly Photo Philosophies! She worked with me and my husband during our NYC City Hall Wedding, taking photos during the ceremony and around the city afterward. Communication with Jacq was super easy and she was and... Read More continues to be very responsive to all my questions before, during, and after our big day. She's also very easy-going and chill to be around, which is perfect for a potentially stressed-out bride. Lastly, I chose Jacq after a long search for a photographer who I felt could take the types of photos I wanted. Beautiful documentary style photos that could capture our personalities and our love of the city was super important and Jacq absolutely delivered!

Wedding photos

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Lauren M

We used Jacquie for our wedding and she was great! She has such a unique eye for photos that we were unable to find with any other photographer. She wasn't your standard wedding photographer with lame poses which is why we chose her. She was so personable and easy to get in... Read More touch with. The day of the wedding she had a list of every photo we needed (family, friends, etc) which helped the whole process run smoothly. Will definitely recommend her again!

Reviewed on 7/22/2015 Lauren M

Thoughtful, responsive and easy to work with

Reviewed on 3/15/2015

Photo philosophies was referred to me by a photographer friend and I could not have been happier. Jacq is so easy to work with and has a great eye for detail and for style. She gives you all the information upfront and then let's you make the decision that is best for you and... Read More your wedding. I planned my wedding from across the country and I never worried as she was responsive and timely with everything. I wish I could marry my husband every year just to work with her again. Her crew was delightful and never once did I have to worry about the guests and the photographers not getting along.

Terrific Pictures

Reviewed on 10/01/2014 Melissa R

Jacqui is very helpful and goes the extra mile. She worked with us every step of the way (engagement, save the dates, boudoir, wedding) and took amazing pictures every time. It felt wonderful to be able to count on her during such a stressful time.

Fantastic!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Alicia E

Jacquie is a fantastic photographer. I had always heard the advice make sure you like your photographer because they'll be with you all day. Well, Jacquie first took the time to really get to know my fiancé Michelle and I as a couple and we really hit it off, she really... Read More understood the vision and overall look that we wanted for our wedding and her style of photography was just perfect. We had fantastic e-shoot; friends, family members and co-workers commented that our pictures looked like they were out of a magazine! All throughout the planning process she had excellent communication, she was friendly and helpful and on our wedding day she was invisible in the sense that she was never intrusive but yet always exactly where she needed to be to capture the perfect shot. I couldn't be happier with our decision to use Photo Philosophies. I feel like we walked away not only with the pictures of our dreams but also a new friend. ...There are plenty of things that will create stress around a wedding, use Photo Philosophies and photography won't be one of them!

Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 sara y

Jacquie Lew of photo philosophies is truly amazing. Her photos definitely speak for themselves. My husband and I wanted someone young, funky and energetic jacq fits the bill perfectly. Her work is candid and different, we wanted no part in posed photography. Jacq and her... Read More associate Richard shot our wedding day and they were great, so fun to work with, made us feel so comfortable and really were a blast to be around. Jacquie also included free engagement photos at the location of our choice and those came out beautifully. It was also great to be able to get to know her better before our big day just to make everyone more comfortable! I cant say enough good things about Jacquie and the team at Photo Philosophies! Highly recommend!!

Unique, talented and fun...best way to describe Jacquie Lew

Reviewed on 7/21/2014

Our photographer was Jacquie Lew. We requested her for our engagement photos, and we were so impressed by her calm, confident, and cool eye for getting interesting and unique photos that we asked her to be our wedding photographer as well...in Mexico! Lucky for us, she wasn't... Read More booked yet and not only did she capture every incredible and memorable moment, but Jacquie was helpful, accommodating and supportive throughout the entire wedding. We didn't ever feel like we were conducting a business transaction for services, rather, we were working closely with a friend who had awesome photography equipment! We highly recommend Photo Philosophies for any special event or photography need.

Photo Philosophies

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Veronica F

My husband and I were always last minute with certain details of the wedding. We were in dire need of a photographer and everyone who was either recommended or we found online were booked or just didn't have the look we were going for. I stumbled upon a website for Photo... Read More Philosophies, and instantly I knew we found our photographer. Jacquie Lew's photo's online were beyond amazing and when we first met with her, not only was she so easy going and laid back, she was fully prepared to walk us through her experiences with shooting weddings; giving tips, getting an understanding of who we are as a couple so it's portrayed through photos, and being flexible with payments. We were on an extremely tight budget, but knowing that she was willing to work with the payments made the decision all the easier. We immediately moved forward with her, and that was the best decision we made for the wedding. Because we were only a few months away from our wedding day, she urgently scheduled the engagement shoot (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND) and we had an amazing day. Her assistance in creating our look and feel for the shoot was brilliant and her turn around time to get us the photo's were quick and efficient. Jacquie is beyond professional and such a joy to work with!!! In addition to photographer, she was able to recommend a brilliant videographer in the 11th hour. She is a powerhouse with her camera, see's visions that don't make sense right away but when it's all put together it's genius!!! My husband and I made our budget stretch and it was WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! The one thing I would never cheat myself on is a photographer, and Jacquie has proven that she is worth every dollar that you spend. Photo Philosophies, we can't THANK YOU enough for the wonderful work you've done for us!!! We highly recommend Photo Philosophies to shoot your big day, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

So talented!

Reviewed on 7/21/2014

Jacquie Lew from Photo Philosophies did the photo shoot for our elopement in New York City's Central Park. She is extremely talented and creative, and she has such a beautiful way with Natural Light! The photos I've seen so far are amazing! They are actually so good, that my... Read More mom looked at them and said "they look like they were taken off a magazine". She not only spent time with my husband and I, but also included my parents and my maid-of-honor in the photos. Then, because she is so sweet, she took a few photos of my parents by themselves, so they could have professional photos to celebrate their 37 years of Marriage! I whole heartedly recommend Jacquie and Photo Philosophies!

Awesome photog!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Heather S

Jacquie is so easy to work with and so great! She puts you at ease and makes it so easy to relax. We also loved loved loved all of the photos she sent us! I actually use one in my work profile and someone told me today "You have by far the nicest photo in outlook, you look... Read More like a doll" All thanks to Jacquie! We even re-booked her for our maternity photos!

Perfection

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Leah R

The entire Photo Philosophies crew was a dream! Jacquie's skills are incredible she knows exactly how to frame the shots and get the best pics you could imagine! I was blown away but the final product but more than that Jacquie is fun and calming and incredibly organized and... Read More helps you to structure your day so you get the most from her. I can not recommend this vendor enough. 10 stars!!!!

Jacq

Jacquie is originally from the golden state of California. With a background of painting that started at age 15, she had always intended to major in drawing and painting at UCLA. However, after one year and with the encouragement of her siblings, she picked up a film camera and lived life in the darkroom. She is highly influenced by her non traditional upbringing and works of art when studying Art History as a minor. One of her largest influences both idea and compositionally are fairy tales and beautiful chaotic writings.