Lovesome Photography

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Bow2010

Located in Virginia & Colorado: Destination weddings welcome (703) 727-5744

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Christina L

5+ STARS!! Lisa did an absolutely fabulous job shooting our wedding! She got every shot I requested and more!! Her style is very professional and artistic. The quality of her work is incredible!! My friends have said these are the best wedding photos they have ever seen!! She... Read More really captured every aspect of the Venue and used the different surroundings to create many different looks. If you are searching for an amazing photographer, look no further, Choose Lisa, you will Not be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Summer L

Lisa and Heather were amazing, and we are grateful to have had them to document the day! Our wedding was on July 3rd, and it was over 90 degree that day, one of the hottest days of the year. To make it even tougher, our wedding was entirely outdoor. Lisa and Heather each... Read More carried two big cameras, and sprayed themselves with loads of bug spray to solider through the day. Despite the environmental challenges, they carried us and kept us happy and excited. For the couple portraits, they took us into forests, near ponds, through gardens, and a steaming green houses. They had a great eye for both couple pictures and capturing subtle details throughout the day. They also did a great job not being noticed which allowed them to capture great candid shots and precious moments. Heather was so creative and asked me to spin in my big dress with the lawn as the background. I had so much fun, and those pictures will forever be great memories. We didn't have anyone to direct the family pictures, so Lisa stepped in to orchestrate the session - which was above and beyond what she had to do and we really appreciated it. When the pictures were delivered, we immediately fell in love.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Paul H

Working with Lisa on our weddding day was amazing! Whether it be the person, or the professional photographer! She was so nice and caring! She managed to capture our love so perfectly on her pictures. She was fabulous from the moment we talked to her for the first time,... Read More discussing what we wanted, and the final result of her work proved to have gone way beyond our expectations!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Hannah B

Lisa was our photographer last weekend, and she was amazing!! First, we had an engagement photo shoot in the fall which really helped us all get to know each other since mushy photo taking can be kind of awkward and intimate. She was soooo amazing at making us feel... Read More comfortable and everyone still talks about how beautiful our photos are since I put them everywhere on facebook (gross, I know). Our wedding was magical, and she took amazing shots and dealt with my semi-bratty attitude with ease when I wanted to just dance and not take pictures. She's one of a kind with talent and personality, and I couldn't be happier to have her take our photos on the most important day of our lives that we hope to share, via pictures, with our future children thanks to her.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Shabi B

We loved having Lisa as our wedding photographer. First, she has such a great and upbeat personality, is very personable but a true professional, and is extremely easy to work with. Second, communicating with her was a breeze and she is very open to suggestions (but she has a... Read More perfect sense of what will work best from a technical and artistic perspective so she'll let you know if a different approach is better). This was huge for us, because some photographers have huge egos and they're offended if you make a small suggestion. But not Lisa. She wants you to be completely happy with her work. Third, she is so passionate about her work. We looked at a lot of photographers' portfolios. And they were all pretty good. Lisa's was no exception. So what set her apart from the rest, besides her wonderful style of photography (as evidenced by her elaborate photography portfolio), was her passion. It shines through when you discuss anything photography-related to her. Finally, she also conducted herself very professionally and, in the end, she went above and beyond our expectations. I highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Margaret F

I got married in Leesburg, VA on 10/29/2016, and Lisa at Lovesome Photography helped to make our wedding day absolutely phenomenal. From our first meeting back in December, Lisa was warm, communicative, professional, and thoroughly delightful to spend time and plan our wedding... Read More with. I researched a number of photographers before finding Lisa's gorgeous and "real-looking" images that were the first that really spoke to me, so I cannot wait to get our final images back because I know they will be incredible. We were married at Lansdowne Resort, and Lisa actually came to the hotel the day before our wedding to scout out good photo locations for us. She and her second shooter Heather arrived early on our wedding day and made everyone immediately feel at ease with their friendly demeanor and efficient professionalism. They kept us smiling, on schedule, and were great about checking in with me throughout the evening to make sure my groom and I were happy and getting all of the specific group photos we requested. Lisa's photo package included engagement photos, which I did not particularly want, so she kindly exchanged that service for three full photo albums that she will put together for us to give to our parents as gifts for the holidays. We hired Lisa as a photographer but left our wedding weekend 100% feeling like we'd made a wonderful and trusted friend, and I cannot thank or recommend her enough for all that she's done for us. Hire her to photograph any special occasion in your life- I promise you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 7/15/2016 Natalie C

Lisa is amazing! She was super accommodating and brought her fun energy to the photo sessions that made everyone feel comfortable and beautiful. In our prep session leading up to the wedding she brought a lot of good ideas and was engaged and gave great feedback to all of our... Read More ideas. She put me at ease on the wedding day and we surprisingly had a blast taking pictures! During the ceremony we hardly noticed she was there and she was very professional! Thank you Lisa for everything you are awesome! I highly highly recommend Lovesome Photography! 10 stars!! :)

Wonderful service with a wonderful photographer

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Pam H

Lisa was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. She made the whole wedding planning process so much easier because she always replied promptly and with a lot of thought to our emails - gave us useful ideas. I knew early on that I wouldn't have to worry about our... Read More photography, and I didn't mind that being taken off my shoulders because there were lots of other wedding stuff to worry/fuss over. On the day of the wedding, the experience was the same. She tried to make the couple-only photo session less awkward - my groom and I are awkward photo takers :) As for the photography for the actual ceremony and reception, I never really noticed Lisa or Ian taking photos of us - which is a good thing. They somehow managed to blend seamlessly into the event without being in our face taking photos, yet the photos turned out wonderful. Captured lots of moments we were a part of and not a part of, it was a great storyline of our wedding day. We couldn't be happier with chosing Lovesome Photography to be part of our wedding.

The Best Photographer

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kristin F

Lisa was such an amazing photographer to work with. I knew instantly when we met with her at her beautiful studio that I wanted her to do my pictures. Not only is she so talented but her personality is awesome. Your Photographer is with you all day and it only made my day that... Read More much better that I got to be around such an amazing photographer. She captured every thing I asked for and more. The album she put together for my husband and I is the most beautiful thing. Everyone has asked if I was the one to put the pictures together and my answer is no my photographer did it and there was nothing that I wanted to change. I would recommend lovesome photography to any one for any purpose every time !!!

2015-10-30T14:37:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I absolutely adored helping bring your Secret Garden wedding theme to life! I'm so lucky to have amazing clients like you and your husband!

Lovesome Photography

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We had a great experience with Lovesome Photography for our August 2015 wedding. Lisa was extremely helpful and organized. She responded quickly to emails (important especially since we were planning from 500 miles away) and welcomed us to her gorgeous studio on a Sunday morning... Read More to accommodate our limited travel schedule and go over plans for the big day. At the wedding, Lisa and Ian were timely and professional while offering the perfect amount of direction, enthusiasm, and comic relief. We love our wedding photos and are so glad to have worked with Lovesome Photography!

2015-10-30T14:39:08 Response from the vendor

We're honored that you chose us for your destination wedding and were more than happy to make planning 500 miles apart as smooth of a process as possible! I just loved your wedding day and adore that you included so many personal touches and family... Read Less Read More

Friendly Phototog

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Steven A

We met Lisa at a wedding Expo. Her work had caught our eye as being of the style and quality we were looking for, but what made her the first vendor we signed with (after settling on a venue) was her demeanor. She put both myself and my bride at ease. She understood our concern... Read More that the photography should not be obtrusive in the ceremony and reception, and also our interest in using the opportunity to capture candid photos of our aging relatives. She did a great job addressing both. She also offered advice in a constructive way, without being pushy about it. From helping set the positions of some arrangements, to detailing some of the flow of the reception, to working out how the sparkler-lit exit should go, she offered her experience (which we needed) in a very transparent way and left decisions up to us. Furthermore, she didn't push vendors on us, but when asked for suggestions, provided outstanding recommendations. Both times we asked for suggestions (after having searched on our own for a while), we ended up vetting the vendor she suggested and then hiring them. Lisa and the other vendors she recommended were amongst the best vendors we had the opportunity to work with on our the wedding, and the photos she took were outstanding - even though our engagement shoot ended up taking place in a blackout during a thunderstorm! (Like every other curve ball we threw at her, she knocked that one out of the park too!)

2015-10-30T14:40:03 Response from the vendor

I'm still blown away by the fantasy world you both created for your wedding day! It was a dream to photograph it and for you.

Perfection!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Megan B

Lisa is the definition of "photographer". She finds inspiration in the things that are important to you as a couple and captures each detail beautifully. She embraced all of my ideas for picture opportunities and, with her experience and expertise, made my ideas into... Read More realities. She is calm, confident, and foresees moments that make great candid pictures. Her assistants were very capable and helpful! I am so happy and lucky that Lisa was available for our big day. Her services were affordable, the results were absolutely perfect, and she captured the beauty of our wedding in a way we will treasure forever.

2015-10-30T14:41:38 Response from the vendor

You guys are amazing. End of story. I'm so grateful to have worked with such beautiful and kind hearted souls such as yourselves! Can you get married again? And again? I want to keep photographing your wedding over and over it was so beautiful!

Excellent quality and service!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Jessica C

Lisa is fantastic in every way. She has great energy, an artistic eye, and works tirelessly to deliver on time. She turned around our engagement photos within 2 weeks and over 1,000 wedding photos within 3 weeks! She's always a pleasure to converse with, be it in person, on the... Read More phone, or via email, and she's super quick to respond to any inquiries you may have. We haven't finalized our album yet, but that's mostly because we're having the hardest time narrowing down our favorites since we love practically every single photo. After going through all of the photos multiple times the day she posted them, I sent her an email: "I just felt the need to email you again. These are incredible. Simply amazing. Captured the day perfectly. I can't stop looking at them. So many wonderful moments that I had already forgotten but can now cherish forever! Thank you so so so much!" I would definitely recommend her to any and all brides. Plus, her studio in Leesburg is super cute!

2015-10-30T14:42:41 Response from the vendor

I've never been so moved to (happy) tears as I have at your wedding! Thank you for having me as your photographer. You two are amazing.

Exceptional Photos!

Reviewed on 7/11/2015 Stephanie G

Lisa at Lovesome Photography was GREAT! She did exceptional work on our engagement and wedding photos! She was always very responsive and flexible with making arrangements, and helped calm my anxious nerves during the big day! I would highly recommend Lisa! I will use Lovesome... Read More Photography for future photo needs!

2015-10-30T14:43:23 Response from the vendor

Every time I look back on your photos, both of your bright smiles fill my heart with joy! I just loved working with you both. Thank you!

Best Photographer in Leesburg!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Ashley C

Lisa was beyond amazing as a photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. She was so much fun to work with and did such a wonderful job. I would definitely refer her to all of my friends and family for any occasion. Hopefully we can use her again in the future!

2015-10-30T14:44:48 Response from the vendor

You guys are so much fun! I admire your perseverance through that crazy thunderstorm and am so glad it paid off! Thank you to you and your families for being so amazing to work with. I'm so honored to have worked with you!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Katie O

Lisa at Lovesome Photography was great! She was always very professional, flexible, and responsive. She was also very accommodating and was able to get all of our wedding photos in the brief time between our wedding ceremony and reception. The photos she took were amazing -- all... Read More of our family and friends raved at how beautiful they were! She also had a "photo reveal" party for us that was very lovely. I would definitely recommend her to anyone getting married!

2015-10-30T14:45:51 Response from the vendor

Your wedding was D.C. perfection! So happy we got to come along! Thank you!

Lovin' Lovesome

Reviewed on 11/26/2014

We HIGHLY recommend Lovesome Photography!!! Lisa and Ian are amazing people who are truly talented in their craft. They took absolutely beautiful boudoir and wedding photos that we will cherish for a lifetime. Working with Lisa and Ian has been a seamless and enjoyable process.... Read More Not only are they highly attentive, making sure that we were completely satisfied with pre-event planning and comfortable on our wedding day, but they also have a wonderful eye for detail that makes their work truly impeccable. Thank you both for your dedication and hard work. We could not be happier!

So excited for all the pictures!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

My husband and I were ecstatic with our photos and the whole process we had with Lisa and Ian on shooting our wedding. Our meetings with them were fun and productive, and the photos from the day are spot on in showing everyone's personalities (and looking their best). We got... Read More behind in getting to the venue from hair, so we went to a Plan B Lisa and Ian came up with that worked great. We still got all the formal shots we wanted and the candids from the reception were great, too. I can't say enough wonderful things, especially when we got the photos (which were ridiculously fast in getting turned around); it felt like we could remember the day just as it was. Will treasure the photos always. :)

Best pictures ever!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Alexandra

Lisa did a great job on our pictures, and from someone who hates just about every picture taken of her, that's saying something! I loved every picture she took, and she seemed so invisible that day, I don't even remember seeing her very much. But we ended up with the most... Read More beautiful pictures ever! We definitely recommend her to every one!

We love SoftBox Media

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Patricia H

Words cannot describe how amazing our wedding photos turned out. From the first meeting with Lisa and Ian we knew we were in good hands. Lisa listened to our ideas and saw our vision instantly. Our e-session was an amazing photo shoot in downtown DC. On our wedding day Lisa... Read More and Ian were on time and dressed ready for a wedding (our guests were very impressed with this)! During the entire day both Lisa and Ian were one step ahead of us and captured our day beautifully. There is not a bad photo that I have seen. We cannot wait to see our albums. We will be using SoftBox Media for all our future photography needs! Mr and Mrs Tolbert

The BEST Photographers!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Erica A

Lisa and Ian are by far the most talented and fun photographers EVER! Every time we met with them we had so much fun! In fact, we are still working with them today. We had our engagement session with them in October 2012 and let them choose the venue and it was perfect.... Read More Actually, we left everything up to their judgment and we were never disappointed. They blew us away! They took a lot of time to get to know us as a couple, and as individuals. We met with them on several occasions at restaurants and their office. Even when we couldn't put into words what we liked they knew exactly what we wanted because they knew us so well. The engagement shoot was so much fun. We weren't worried at all if we were getting good shots because Lisa and Ian's work speaks for itself. We had our engagement pictures printed into a bound book that was incredible. We used this book as the signature book for our guests at our wedding. This book is sitting on our coffee table and every time someone visits they comment on how great the pictures look. Lisa and Ian also photographed our wedding and they literally got every second on film. They were able to document every single emotion and event at our wedding without us even aware they were around - even the candid moments that are priceless. Everyone that sees our pictures remarks at how perfect and creative they are. The guests at the wedding spoke so highly of them because they were not only professional, but fun! We also used their photo corner at the wedding reception and all of our guests raved about it. It was so entertaining and I highly recommend it. SoftBox Media's packages even allowed us to get every picture taken in the photo corner printed in a bound book. They have a very fast turn around time on reviewing and providing us with the pictures - we even get access to every single shot. Lisa and Ian were by far our favorite vendor for our wedding. We cannot speak highly enough of their skills and professionalism. We have recommended SoftBox Media to several of our friends and we will continue to do so. You would do your wedding a service by hiring them - they are hands down THE BEST!

Wedding Bliss! Do not pass SoftBox Media up!!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Robyn A

Lisa and her husband, Ian, were the photographers for our engagement photos as well as our wedding. I could not be happier with how our photos turned out. Not only were Lisa and her husband AMAZING but they also were in tune with our needs as a couple. We met prior to our... Read More engagement session to talk more about our needs for our wedding day and as the bride, I met individually with Lisa before our wedding to discuss more details concerning our ceremony and reception, both of which required multiple family portraits because we had 5 sides to our new family. Additionally, as an interfaith couple they respectfully inquired about the important aspects of our faiths and how they would be included in our ceremony so that they did not miss them when taking photos on our day. Together, they captured all of the small moments that were important to us. On top of that, we received our photos to us within a month and are looking forward to planning our wedding album together. Everyone who attended our wedding and who has seen their beautiful photos have been commenting on how great they turned out. Another important note to mention is that they knew we are HUGE Washington Capitals fans and they even put us in contact with the official Slapshot Mascot for the team. Our rehearsal dinner was Capitals themed and their connection with the team led to a fantastic surprise that my husband will never forget! Since our wedding, my husband (who hates having his picture taken) has even talked about having them do our first family portrait once we have children in the future. Now that is saying something! This photography duo is too good to pass up. I am sure glad that I had them for my wedding! I will always be grateful to them for providing us with such beautiful photos. THANK YOU!!!

awesome

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Greg T

Awesome

Best Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Shannon W

When my fiancé and I met with Lisa and Ian, they were the first of 3 photographers we planned to review. But we knew within minutes that we would hire them. It's not only that their work is fantastic, but they make you feel completely at ease and the whole process becomes very... Read More simple. They worked with us to build a package that really matched what we were looking for, and were also helpful in suggestions for our engagement shoot. During both the engagement and the wedding they were efficient and we actually never noticed them "in the way" at all. AND they are fast! Back from our honeymoon and our photos are already there for our review! We hope to work with them in the future, definitely.

SoftBox Media is the absolute best!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Christiana S

Lisa and Ian are amazing and fantastically talented photographers! They are very pleasant, very patient, and very easy to work with. Our engagement photos were so beautiful that they were featured on a couple wedding websites. And when they did our actual day, the photos were... Read More stunning! They captured every little detail (and we were a DIY wedding so there was a lot!) and did a wonderful job at showing the atmosphere of the day. Ian and Lisa are absolutely wonderful photographers and I would absolutely recommend them to any bride any day!