Lucky Life Beauty - Luxe Makeup & Hair Artistry

Toronto & Surrounding Areas

Lucky Life Beauty Luxe Makeup & Hair Artistry

Lucky Life Beauty is an on site Luxe Makeup & Hair artistry company. Lucky Life Beauty has the experience, & the passion to make your wedding day vision come to life. We are Toronto based but able to come to where ever you need us. Owner & Creative Director, Jenna Johnston & her team; works collaboratively with clients, focusing on the fine details, and adding the signature Glow & Glam to your final look. We love being involved with your whole wedding experience, & personalized packages are available for brides who use Lucky Life Beauty's services for their engagement photos, boudoir, bridal portraits and of course, The Big Day! From the first email right up until you walk down the aisle, you will feel their commitment. We are so excited to work with you and help you feel amazing!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

Toronto & Surrounding Areas (647) 204-7285
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Samantha M

What can't I say about Jenna? I could tell by our initial contact via email that she was a very down to earth, nice person. But when I got to meet her for my engagement shoot, I was welcomed with a huge smile. Jenna was very professional and friendly. She makes sure to listen to... Read More all of your ideas and offer suggestions from her professional experience. Jenna makes you feel comfortable, and it's like chatting it up with your friends while getting ready to go out. I was thrilled with how my hair and makeup turned out. I was also very impressed how long my makeup lasted, as I'm normally miss raccoon eyes by mid day. Overall, from the service to products - everything get's a 5 star. I cannot wait to work with Jenna for my wedding day coming up and would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Annie B

What can I say about Jenna that hasn't said before??? She's absolutely amazing. Thank you so very much. My makeup was stunning. Thank you for taking my last minute call to do my hair. It was beautiful. Also, Rose was great, my MOH loves her makeup ❤️ xoxo Not so nervous Annie

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Tabitha S

Okay, so I have to post this. I got married on August 7th this year. Let me preface this by saying that the idea of planning the whole thing was both exciting and dreadful; having to search through vendors and meet with people and put together a wedding when I've not done that... Read More before (seriously, how do people do that?) was super intimidating. Enter Jenna (/Lucky Life Beauty). I found Jenna on The Knot and when we met at a Starbucks, I decided right away that I would hire her to do my hair/makeup, as well as my 4 bridesmaids and my mom for my wedding day. Jenna and I did a trial in May. She completely understood (even when I didn't understand), what it was that I was looking for. She took a bunch of pictures of celebrities that I sent her, and my awful explanations of things and turned it in to the most beautiful, bridal version of myself I could imagine. My actual wedding day was no different. She moved seamlessly from one bridesmaid to the next and was positive and upbeat the whole time. She went with the flow in what is an extremely chaotic day and was composed and professional but easygoing and cheerful at the same time. I woke up with a crazy case of butterflies and weird anxiety and Jenna was measured, calm, and encouraging. I can't imagine having had anyone else for my day. On a day that is so busy, chaotic, demanding, important, and memorable, when you have to spend 7 hours with someone, you want it to be someone you love. For me, that's Jenna. Would not hesitate for a millisecond to recommend her to anyone. Jenna, thank you for making me feel more beautiful than I have ever felt on the most beautiful day of my life.

2016-10-17T07:20:14 Response from the vendor

Your comments mean the world to me. You had such an amazing support system and we really enjoyed making everyone feel beautiful. I'm so excited to see your final pics xoxo

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Katrina B

Looking back on the big day I am so happy I chose Jenna. She put me and my bridal party at ease. She was on time, set up easy working stations and her and her team promptly worked through my large bridal party. I am so impressed with how everyone looked, I swear like grecian... Read More goddesses! Jenna went above and beyond at every opportunity. From hunting down the exact lip shade I was after to working through all of my makeup and hair ideas till we found the perfect look. Jenna is kind and warm and very professional. I recommend her 100%

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Cristina R

Jenna did an amazing work for my wedding. She was very friendly and professional, listened to everything that I said even though I wasn't sure about the look that I wanted. She did a great job and both my hair and makeup looked amazing!! I'm so happy with the results!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Mallorie L

I worked with Jenna on a friends wedding and knew when I got engaged that she MUST be my make up artist for my wedding! I have never felt so beautiful and happy with my make up until Jenna. Both times I LOVED my make up and hair and everyone in my bridal party looked amazing all... Read More day! I woke up the morning of my Wedding completely stress free because I knew I was in great hands with Jenna! I am beyond happy with her knowledge and expertise and would highly recommend her to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Samantha S

Jenna was amazing throughout the whole process. She was super flexible with scheduling a hair trial since I was living out of the province, and was accommodating and open to trying a different version of the style before the wedding day. On the day of she was amazing to both... Read More myself and the bridesmaids. She was super easygoing and enjoyable to chat with, and she completely nailed the hairstyle. I was worried it wouldn't hold because I have slippery hair, but that was not an issue at all. Totally recommend!! Thanks Jenna!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Christine R

I enjoyed working with Jenna and her assistant. I was an out of town bride, and she worked around my crazy travel and wedding schedule. Lucky Life did hair and makeup for me, my sister / MOH, mom, and grandma. Only four ladies- but we are VERY different in terms of taste,... Read More aesthetic preferences, and personal styles. Jenna and Rose kindly worked with everyone. They were also very timely and professional, and dispensed tons of free beauty advice to my family and the photographers who were also spending time in the bridal suite. =] Getting ready for the wedding was a fun experience.

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 erica h

It was a pleasure to work with Jenna. She was prompt, positive, and I received compliments on how "naturally beautiful and elegant" my makeup and hair were.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Jocelynne G

Cannot gush enough about how amazing Jenna is. Her talent, ease, and comfortingly way about her, is something to be in awe of. She's extremely professional and reliable and is always on time. I've recommended her to a few brides because of how exceptional she really is.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Cassandra D

I just had my bridal hair and makeup trial with Jenna and I am so excited for my upcoming wedding! After struggling to find someone to do my bridal hair and makeup, Jenna eased my mind. She was so approachable when we met, friendly, and genuine. She truly cares about what you... Read More want and does her best to make you comfortable and happy. I can't wait for this August!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Jasmine M

We loved having Jenna do our hair and makeup for my wedding day! She did both for 7 of us including my mother and sister, 4 friends and myself. We were so impressed with her quick work and how it didn't compromise the detail she put into everything. I really loved how Jenna... Read More listened to exactly what were thinking for our looks and helped us to fine tune what we wanted. She is really great at what she does and has an energy and passion for it! Jenna is a great choice for your big day!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Heather I

Jenna is honestly the best and sweetest person to work with! She brought a sense of calm with her to my day while working on myself, my bridesmaids and my mom. Jenna was able to bring our visions to reality (even when we didn't know exactly what our vision was!). Her talent... Read More for looking at you and being able to come up with a hair style and make up that suits you is INCREDIBLE!! All the girls looked absolutely beautiful and she even had all 7 of us finished with lots of time to spare! I would recommend this incredible woman to absolutely everyone! Thank you for helping to make my day perfect!! Xoxo

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Susan N

Jenna was absolutely wonderful for my daughter's wedding. She enhanced everyone's natural beauty and is such a lovely calming person for a special day. So very professional and talented. Just the best when you want perfection! thank you thank you thank you!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Steph N

5 starts aren't enough!! Spent an amazing morning with Jenna! She did such an awesome job on make up for myself, my mom and my 3 beautiful bridesmaids. Her personality will steal your heart and her skills and technique will take your breath away. She will work with you on... Read More achieving your desired look. I loved the natural glam!!! Thank you for making me feel so good about myself on my special day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Stephanie N

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Jen S

I am beyond thankful for Jenna and Lucky Life Beauty. Jenna made everything wonderful on the day. (she is so calm, cool and collected). The application was absolutely flawless. I have never seen my skin glow before and I cannot even begin to explain how many people commented on... Read More how beautiful my make up was! Jenna is a wedding day beauty secret l!!! Book her while you still can! wedding day regrethyobeautysecret!!!was. She is a treat to work with and you will not regret Sdecisiomade re: vendors.

2016-10-17T07:21:48 Response from the vendor

You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I loved your vision, how committed you were to the process. You made every vendor step up their game and the end result was so worth it. So grateful that I got to spend time with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 monica p

I cannot say enough about Jenna! Right from the beginning she was amazing! Our emails back and forth were so kind and understanding. Talking to her she was very knowledgable of her job. My girls were each a different skin colour so it was important to me that she knew how to... Read More work with each time. My girls all looked beautiful and Jenna made us feel so comfortable. She was like "one of the girls" just sitting and doing makeup. If I ever need professional makeup done again I will definitely be contacting her! awa

2016-10-17T07:23:18 Response from the vendor

We had SO.MUCH.FUN. my face hurt from smiling and laughing all morning! You deserve the best and it was amazing to see how your loved ones gathered around to help you feel loved and supported. You and your girls looked stunning. Make sure to send... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Rafaela M

Jenna is amazing! I found her on the knot and decided to try her since she had great reviews, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. She is very talented, very friendly and professional. She made my make-up perfect, the way I imagined it. I looked natural, but glamorous on... Read More my wedding day. She was able to highlight all my best features. And what made things even better was that she was able to work with my hair, which is thin but also a bit frizzy, and make it look spectacular! I loved my final look. As a plus, all the products she used on my hair were not very heavy, so after I let my hair down, it still looked great and so manageable! I didn't have to wash my hair right away just to be able to get a comb through it. I highly recommend Jenna for your wedding day.

2016-10-17T07:24:28 Response from the vendor

It's so beautiful when a bride takes the morning of the big day and has just quiet moments to herself. You were so relaxed and serene, it was a pleasure working with you and your photographer. I wish you the best!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Michelle G

Jenna was professional and personable. My bridesmaids and I looked flawless and all of the girls raved about how fun Jenna made our day. I definitely recommend her for your big day.

2016-10-17T07:25:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a beautiful review. We laughed so much, so many inside jokes were born. Wishing you and your hubby so much love.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Jennifer S

Jenna made my day that much more special. I knew I had the right girl when she was right on time for our initial meeting, trial and eventually wedding. She is a true artist and professional which is hard to find these days. She did exactly what I wanted and made everyone in my... Read More wedding party beautiful. If you're looking for an exceedingly talented, highly efficient, all around fantastic makeup artist look no further. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016

Jenna is amazing! She did my makeup along with my bridal party's makeup for my wedding recently and she rocked it! It was so easy to work with Jenna - she made me feel comfortable, calm and of course beautiful on my big day! My bridal party also loved their looks. Thank you... Read More Jenna for helping to make my special day so great and stress-free! Ash

2016-10-17T07:28:13 Response from the vendor

Ash! What a beautiful wedding party, bride and location. The light in that room made everything extra gorgeous. You are so kind and fun to be around, it made my job so easy. We loved spending the day with you. All the best! xo

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Katie B

Jenna is wonderful! Picking her for my wedding hair and make-up was the best decision I made, other than choosing my husband! For my wedding I had two ceremonies, a Sikh ceremony in the morning with a dupatta head covering and a non-denominational ceremony in the evening. She... Read More arrived very early in the morning to make sure my morning look was set and ready. She was extremely patient and understanding of the unique challenges and excitement of this different cultural look. Jenna was educated in how to execute this look and very talented in how she was able to create my vision. For the evening, Jenna took my beautiful bun from the morning and turn it into gorgeous falling curls for the evening. She recommended a great place for hair extensions and they were flawless. Jenna also did the hair and make-up for my four bridesmaids. Each of these girls had different hair types and skin tones. She did an amazing job creating unique looks for each of them that they loved. They looked incredible. Jenna is incredibly professional, enthusiastic and sensitive. She arrives on time and with everything she needs. She responds promptly to emails and is always very positive. She takes feedback very well and was willing to make any changes I wanted. On my wedding day she was calm, patient and supportive. I'm so glad that she was there. I would highly recommend her.

2016-10-17T07:19:22 Response from the vendor

Months later I still love scrolling through the pics you sent me. What a beautiful wedding and I thrilled that I got to be a part of it! Wishing you both so much happiness

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Sarah B

Jenna is a Gem! She showed up to every meeting on time and with loads of enthusiasm. She was willing to tweak and change anything I wanted (multiple times) in order to make my vision a reality. The best part is that she brings her camera to the trial so you can see what you... Read More look like on flash photography - a great idea and really eases your mind! She is also very talented. All of my bridesmaids and I looked great throughout the whole event - no touch ups needed! She fit right in with us and it was a very comfortable experience. I will be recommending her for anyone looking for a makeup/hair artist in the future.

2016-10-17T07:29:58 Response from the vendor

Sarah, thank you for such a sweet review! I can't believe it's been more than a year since your big day! I loved working with you and your girls and of course, getting doggy snuggles. win win for me!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Jennifer A

i have had Jenna do my hair and makeup for 3 weddings now (two as a MOH and this past weekend I was the bride) All 3 times she was outstanding to work with. She took my visions and seamlessly created it all 3 times. Jenna offers great pricing, fabulous customer service and an... Read More eye for trends and beauty. I can't wait to work with her again sometime in the near future. Thanks for everything Jenna <3

2015-09-30T12:19:26 Response from the vendor

It has truly been my pleasure to work with you. I feel that we were so in sync every step of the way. I really appreciate your time and your kindness. I can't wait to work with you again.

Jenna Johnston

I once thought I wanted to be an actress. I quickly realized that I was more excited about getting ready for auditions than learning my lines. I made the change and worked tirelessly to be the artist I am today. Weddings are a labour of love. I love being able to take a piece of it and say, "Don't worry, I got you, you can trust me with this". I built my company with the vision that you can combine a luxe level of service and products with the down-to-earth warmth and generosity that you would find in your local beauty salon. No egos, just beautiful work, kindness, & happy clients