Luxe Studios Cinematography + Photography

Kansas City Metro, Midwest + Worldwide

Husband and Wife Cinematography and Photography

We capture any special day in your life through professional Cinematography and Photography. "Our goal is to capture the very best of who you are and to celebrate your life and love. Each moment is so precious and having a way to capture those moments is priceless." -Daniel & Mendell

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

10000 Marshall Dr., Lenexa, KS Kansas City Metro, Midwest + Worldwide (913) 213-7785

The Best Videographers In KC

Reviewed on 9/11/2015 Michaela A

I normally don't write reviews, but after our recent experience with the Luxe Studios I had to. Simply put, they provide the best videography you can get in the Kansas City area, hands down. My wife and I consider ourselves so lucky to have found them for our wedding for a... Read More number of reasons. First, they will work harder than anyone else. From spending time meeting with us to figure out exactly what we wanted, to working a 17 hour day on our wedding day so that they wouldn't miss a moment, to working around the clock after our wedding in order to get us our wedding video in under a week (which is unheard of), we could not have asked anything more from them. Second, they provide the most quality product. The equipment they have is extremely professional and they have such a great eye for creative shots, that when combined you receive a product that is worthy of being on the big screen. Third, they are great people. Both Daniel and Mendell Dean (the owners and videographers) are so easy to work with and have fantastic attitudes. They are receptive to your ideas and work with you to make your video personal and special. Before finding the Luxe Studios, my wife and I had poured through dozens of wedding videos from a number of videographers, and we ultimately decided to go with the Luxe Studios. If we had to do it all again, we would go with them every time. They provided us with exactly the video we were looking for. We loved working with them and are so impressed with their work and how fast they got it to us! The videos we received from them captured timeless memories we will have for the rest of our lives. Daniel and Mendell with the Luxe Studios run an outstanding business and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a videographer.

2015-09-11T15:18:50 Response from the vendor

Max, You guys we're incredible to work with! We enjoyed collaborating and getting to know you both so well before the wedding. Your love story is an amazing one, and we are grateful for the kind words. So glad it worked out for us to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2016 Michelle H

I cannot say enough good things about Daniel, Mendell and Luxe Studios. They were wonderful And easy to work with through out the entire process. We had a few hiccups with another vender and they kept everything running smooth. Our video far exceeded our expectations. We were on... Read More the fence on whether or not we wanted to hire a videographer and now this is our favorite thing we have to remember our wedding by. We would highly recommend Luxe, it was the best decision we made regarding our wedding!

2016-02-08T09:40:06 Response from the vendor

We felt honored to have been able to cover your wedding. We want every wedding we are a part of to be the best day it can possibly be! I'm glad we were able to meet before the wedding to discuss the plans for your... Read Less Read More

Awesome videographers!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Brittany M

I recently used Luxe Studios for my wedding in September, as well as for a fun little video that we showed at our rehearsal dinner. We have gotten SO many compliments on both videos. Daniel and Mendell are so easygoing and fun to work with, we loved them from the first time we... Read More met them. They really personalized our videos and made it a great experience for us! We highly considered not having a videographer in attempts to stay on budget, but saw Luxe Studios' work on their website and knew we had to use them, and I'm so glad we did! My advice for any bride would be to spend the extra money for a good videographer because they are able to catch moments that you may have missed on your big day! I hardly even knew they were there during the festivities because they blended in and were so great at setting up in spots that were not distracting or in the way, and got really great shots of everything. Daniel and Mendell gave us something we will cherish forever and I am so happy we went with Luxe Studios for this very important piece of our day. Don't let their low price fool you because they are amazing and they made everything perfect for us. We highly recommend them! They are awesome!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Leslie M

AMAZING!!! Daniel and Mendell are so talented, kind, and were awesome to work with on our wedding weekend. We booked them to film our rehearsal dinner (event/toasts) and our wedding day / reception (includes feature film, ceremony, first dances/toasts), and we could not be... Read More more grateful for the films that they provided to us!! I always heard that videography is worth the money spent - and that is 100% TRUE and you will not regret booking Luxe Studios for your videography!!! The videos are breathtaking and have provided priceless memories for us - many of which we had already forgotten about, but will not have and be able to watch forever. They captured the true essence of our wedding weekend. The videography "cinema" is amazing in the films, and it makes such a huge difference!! Daniel & Mendell capture all of the moments without being intrusive / forced - something I really really appreciated! Oh, and they also provided us with THREE extra bonus footage videos - all of which are so fun to watch ("behind the scenes" extra footage of the wedding day!) Thank you SO MUCH for capturing the most special weekend of our lives! I look forward to watching these beautiful videos for years to come and sharing them with our family for a lifetime!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Adrienne P

Daniel and Mendell from Luxe Studios did an amazing job with the photos and video at my wedding this August! They were so much fun to be with from start to finish while also staying focused and making sure that my husband and I were able to get the photos and moments captured... Read More that we wanted the most. Their thoughtful approach, combination of artistic skill and technical knowledge of photography is what makes them an "above and beyond" vendor. Like most all weddings, not everything went according to plan and schedule but the Luxe Studios team just kept on moving along and didn't let the changes phase them. They have a fantastic team there, I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Marissa E

If I could go back in time and change one thing about my wedding day, it would be that I could switch my photography team out for Daniel and Mendell. They consult with each client so well and from that they capture each moment so wonderfully. I was able to watch them work from... Read More behind the scenes recently and it was awesome. As the maid of honor in this case, I was so happy to see them care for and consider the bride, groom, wedding party and whole family and what mattered to them. They caught the moments that we will all cherish about that day, not the cookie-cutter pose and smile type stuff. Every picture is a treasure!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 David D

Daniel and Mendell are true masters of their craft. The videos they produce and the composition of their photographs are genuine art. Working as a designer in the high-end interior industry, I appreciate the difference between a well executed design and something that was just... Read More decorated. I have often used the analogy of a wedding compared to a New Years eve party to make my point with clients. Lots of pretty people in one place don't make a wedding, any more than just collecting pretty furnishings will make a great room. It requires a vision and design aesthetic to tell the story you want conveyed. That is what I saw in every Luxe Studio product. Outstanding editing, lighting and configuration skills set them apart from the crowd, creating a truly bespoke keepsake, which is what we were looking for. Daniel and Mendell are a pleasure to work with. They recently photographed and videoed our daughter's wedding. Being an out of state venue for ourselves and Luxe as well made me a bit concerned. They were amazing. The venue was even impressed by their creativity utilizing ideas that had never been done. A local photographer in Texas was unable to fulfill the engagement photo shoot appointment for health reasons. Time had run out and our daughter had given-up on even doing any engagement pics. Luxe came to the rescue. They were able to arrive a few days early and did an outstanding engagement photo session using a local setting Daniel had already researched and located. Luxe thought of everything through out the entire event. Their professionalism and artistry, turned a moment in time into memories for generations. They worked tirelessly to provide the edited pics in time to be printed for the reception. We can't imagine not having had these breath-taking photos of or daughter an new son, displayed at the reception and now gracing our home. Without a doubt the best vendor decision we made for the wedding.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Mikayla H

Luxe Studios is the BEST videographers in the KCMO area. Hands down. If you're wanting personable people mixed with incredible skill, they are the ones. They answer all questions/concerns promptly and go above and beyond to make sure you receive everything from your day and... Read More more. I have received compliment after compliment on our feature film and I personally have watched it a million times because they did such an awesome job getting the small details and all the highlights. As a bonus, they are just all around amazing people. We absolutely LOVED working with them!! If you're hesitant on spending money on videography, don't be! With our world becoming even more digital, this keepsake is one of a kind and lets you and anyone else watching relive the day! I highly suggest just going for it...and of course with Luxe Studios!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Jillian B

Daniel and Mendell Dean are amazingly talented and so easy to work with. We did not have any problems or concerns because they were in close contact before, during and after the wedding weekend to work out any potential kinks and to supply us with beautiful pictures soon after... Read More our wedding. They worked with us to make a timed schedule for how the wedding would be run, and where photo sessions would take place (which made me feel much for organized than I really am)! They made sure to show up right at 10 a.m, and were one of the lasts to leave the venue around 8 or 9 p.m. Logan and I feel 100% comfortable recommending them for any event or photography session.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Jamie S

5 star rating doens't even cut it!!! Mendell from Luxe studios was absolutely amazing throughout our whole wedding planning process up to the day of! Their videos are unlike any others. You can tell they love what they do and are phenomenal at it. Our wedding video was beyond... Read More words, EVERY SINGLE moment was captured perfectly and put together so meticulously in the most amazing way! From bride and groom getting ready, to the venue details, to all our special moments, they captured it all! They think of every detail, attaching microphones to us when we read our letters out loud to one another so the video could pick up every word, even went above and beyond on the service they provided! This video will be cherished forever. They truly are the BEST in the business and you wont be disappointed! What are you waiting for...BOOK LUXE!!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Adrian P

We weren't initially planning to hire a videographer but decided to do so about a month before our wedding day. We're so grateful to have found Daniel and so glad that he was available on such short notice. He does great work and is very professional. We only hired Daniel to... Read More shoot our wedding ceremony and our first dance and speeches, but Daniel took it upon himself to arrive early so he could also shoot our first look and some pre-wedding video. While we didn't end up purchasing the highlight video for ourselves, we did initially decide to hire Luxe based off their other highlight videos. They do a great job at telling a story through their editing style. They really capture the essence of each wedding through their videos. We absolutely LOVE our wedding video and definitely shed a few tears when we watched it for the first time. We're so glad we hired Luxe and would highly recommend their services.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Temerity B

We loved working with Mendell at Luxe Studios. She is very easy to work with and loves everything that she does. From setting up an initial meeting all the way to getting our wedding video, we had a great experience. Communication was easy and the final product was amazing! I am... Read More so glad we decided to go with Luxe Studios for our wedding video. We have a video of one of the biggest days of our lives that we will cherish forever. We recommend Mendell at Luxe Studios to anybody looking for a priceless, professional keepsake of their big day!

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Alleigh H

Daniel and his team are amazing to work with! Very easy to talk to and they do a great job! They are very dependable and we're more than prepared for our big day! I would recommend them over anyone else hands down!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Alisa V

We chose Luxe Studios to shoot our wedding video for us on November 5th after we saw the work they did for a friend's wedding the year prior. We can not say enough wonderful things about Daniel and Mendell Dean! Not only were they super professional on the day of, but they had... Read More been in contact from the moment I even expressed interest in booking with them. Daniel reached out to me very early on and we had a thorough discussion regarding our vision and what we were looking for in a videographer. He made sure that he would be able to provide exactly what we were looking for. We chose to forego a wedding planner, but he was able to give great recommendations regarding the flow of the evening and scheduling out our day, throughout our entire year of planning. He was very transparent and always available if I wanted to get into contact with him. Our video came back to us, and it was better than I even imagined. It was stunning, and we were in awe with the way they were able to edit and piece together something so amazing! We received so many compliments from friends and family on the quality of the video. You can tell they have an eye for this and are incredibly passionate about what they do, and it certainly shows in their beautiful work! I will recommend Daniel and Mendell Dean and Luxe Studios to anyone in the future!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Paula M

Daniel and Mendell were so great to work with, I can't really imagine having had anyone else with us during our wedding process. We were really impressed with Luxe Studios from our very first meeting with Daniel. We could tell he was very knowledge, professional, and... Read More consistent right away but what made our experience even better was how friendly, caring, and flexible they both were. I haven't heard of too many weddings that don't have some hiccups on the big day, and our wedding was no different, but Daniel and Mendell kept our timeline moving and kept us from having to feel the stress of the last minute challenges. We got our wedding video back faster than we expected and the Feature Film is beautiful! The music, highlights, and feel of the film captured all of the special moments and details of our day. The video really isn't just capturing and reliving the day but it's capturing how special our relationship is each time we watch it.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Natalie J

I can't say enough good things about Mendell, Daniel and Luxe Studios. From the very first contact, Mendell blew me away. Not only did she respond quickly but she spoke to you like a friend. They really got to the heart of what we were looking for and how to best serve us on our... Read More wedding day. Having someone talented and who we trusted was the most important factor in deciding who we wanted to capture our special day, especially because we were planning 2 states away. I am amazed at the work they did! I'm 100% positive our crew did not give some of the best footage but they made our day look perfect. I would recommend Luxe Studios to any bride who wants memories of a lifetime without any stress. Thank you guys!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Rhonda H

I simply cannot say enough good things about Daniel and Mendell at Luxe Studios, they are the best of the best! I was a bride on a budget and I went back on forth on whether or not I "needed" or "wanted" a cinematography to capture our special day. After meeting with the them... Read More and seeing their work, I immediately knew this was something I couldn't live without. After seeing our highlight video, it confirmed this decision. There are many decisions to make when planning a wedding, and coming from experience- this is a team and option you don't want to overlook. Huge thanks to Daniel and Mendell for capturing all of our so very special moments live. We will forever cherish these videos!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Jennifer T

Luxe Studios did an amazing job on our video ! Mendell is a personal friend of mine I'm so happy I met her because if not I wouldn't gotten a memorable gift to look back on from my special day. I watch my video every day! They Make a great team , easy to work with and flexible... Read More ! We want to get married again so we have another video ! Recommend to everyone !

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Randi T

Originally I couldn't decide whether we needed a video for our wedding or not... I am SO glad we did!!! Husband and wife team, Daniel and Mendell, are the sweetest people you've ever met and worked so hard on our day to make our video personal and interesting to watch! They... Read More also worked with our price range and made it possible for us to have this priceless reminder of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Jacob M

Both Daniel and his second shooter Mendel were very professional and pleasant to work with throughout he entire process! They met with us a couple months before the big day and went over everything. They listened and promised to create what we dreamed for our day while providing... Read More feedback and ideas whenever asked. Then on the wedding day, they were timely and flexible to whatever was thrown their way. With such a stressful day and sometimes vendors adding to that, Luxe only eased our minds and were exceptional from start to finish! 5 out of 5 without a doubt!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Adi S

Our experience with Luxe Studios was great! The team was extremely attentive, professional and flexible. They really make the day all about both of you. They got to know both of us and really tailored the experience to our needs. My wife and I are thrilled with the photos and... Read More videos from our wedding. I would highly recommend Luxe Studios for anyone in the Midwest who wants to capture their special day.

Reviewed on 8/20/2016 MacKenzie J

I do not have a vocabulary proficient enough to explain how much I appreciated and was completely impressed by Daniel and his team! I searched high and low and across state lines to find a videographer that met my expectations. I was already very particular and scrutinizing... Read More every detail since I work in the advertising industry, but Daniel blew us away not only with his talented executions of our videos, but also with how wonderful he was to work with. Of all the vendors we used for our wedding, Luxe Studios easily made the top 3. Daniel was personable, flexible, knowledgable, trustworthy, accommodating and very professional... all the things you want in your vendors. Not to mention he was by far the most organized and efficient! He way over delivered and we were so enamored with how everything turned out. I would recommend Luxe Studios again and again and again. You cannot go wrong here. Book your day with Luxe Studios and enjoy reliving your day for years to come!

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Alexis G

There aren't enough words to describe just how amazing Luxe Studios is. Not only were they amazing to work with from start to finish, their work is out of this world. They captured every moment of our wedding day just perfectly. Look no further, Daniel and his team are the... Read More absolute best in the business. Thank you Daniel for giving us the opportunity to relive our wedding day over and over again. It's perfect!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Melissa B

My wife and I were beyond impressed with the work of Luxe Studios. Daniel and his staff are all amazing to work with and are completely invested in providing the highest quality work. They pay attention to detail and the videos they create speak for themselves. Daniel is clearly... Read More dedicated and invested to his work. My wife and I can both confidently say that we have absolutely no regrets and that our wedding and engagement videos exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend Luxe Studios for any videography needs.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Katy O

Daniel is such a joy to have around! Our videos were exactly how we had hoped they would be in capturing our whimsical day! Only regret, not hiring him to stay until the party ended. A lot of really awesome stuff happened at our reception that wasn't captured on camera. If... Read More you're a group that likes to have a good time, extend your hours and keep him around ;)

Meet The President

Daniel Dean

Daniel draws inspiration from his background in theater, music and design, to produce timeless engagement and wedding photos and videos. Every couple deserves to have their unique love story celebrated and told through film. My wife Mendell and I take time to get to know our bride and grooms, as they become our friends. We always want to keep the video unique to you, so we will collaborate with you to create the perfect shot you have been dreaming of.