We don‘t know Macala Entertainment‘s story by heart. Message them to get to know more about their business.
MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment
Rehearsals & Parties, Wedding, Reception
Pricing for Macala Entertainment
Curious to learn more?
Macala Entertainment Reviews
4.3 out of 5.0
Reviewed On 5/31/2017 by Marianne O
Seriously THE BEST MC and DJ combo you could ask for your wedding day. Eugene has done a few of my cousins weddings, and I knew from the moment he did the first wedding I encountered with him, that he had to be my DJ too (FYI: I think I was lik...
e 14 years old at the time haha! He's done at least 3 weddings that I've gone to). One thing I worried about was that after spending all this money on a wedding, that our guests would be bored or not have a fun time. Eugene seriously MAKES the wedding a legit party! He never kept the guests bored. Music he chose was perfect. He also has so many suggestions if you are confused as of what to do (like I was for a good amount of stuff). He's pretty detail oriented, and will get down to the nitty gritty stuff prior to your wedding to make sure everything you want is done just the way you imagined it to be. Since my wedding, I kid you not, I probably had at least 5 people asking me who my DJ was at my wedding because he's THAT amazing. If you are having a wedding in the Bay Area, HE IS THE GUY TO GET FOR BOTH MC and DJ needs!!!!!!
Reviewed On 7/17/2010 by Priscilla S
Macala Entertainment did a great job with emceeing our wedding and keeping the crowd hyped up. Our complaints are mainly around the behind the scenes situations that occurred.
- Very few songs from our playlist were played, whi...
ch included the last dance song we had requested. They had a great online tool for setting up timeline and song selection, however much of what we put on there didn't seem to be looked at.
- I had to track down our dj for an initial meeting only a week away from our wedding. I'm glad I contacted them when I did because we later found out we really only had 2 of the 7 days remaining that our dj was available to meet. I was used to most of the other vendors I worked with, that would reach out to me to arrange meetings.
- We had to wait for our dj to start off the ceremony. We were all lined up and ready to start but our dj was nowhere to be found. Our coordinator was able to track him down in the bathroom...I think he may have been changing last minute.
- The dj lined up the bridal party before the reception for introductions and it was not in the order that I had entered it in online. Luckily one of my Maids of Honor caught that they were out of order and I was able to line them up correctly. Again this was something I filled out on there online worksheet that was not looked at.
- They put on a great show. They kept the crowd dancing and hyped up.
- We were way off our timeline but our dj managed to fit in all our main events. He squeezed in the garter / bouquet toss in the knick of time and the transition from dancing to bouquet toss was so smooth that it didn't disrupt the fun people were having on the dance floor.
- Our dj came up with creative ideas when it came to the garter toss and was very flexible when it came to making changes to that piece. It ended up turning out really funny at the wedding and went perfectly.
Overall, they did an awesome job with the crowd which is we valued most. If they had attended to more of the minor details and maybe catered more to what we had requested I think it would have been perfect. We spent a lot of time filling out their online forms but we felt as though it was totally disregarded. Most of the rave reviews we've seen for Macala Entertainment were for Eugene, however we had Mark so I'm not sure if that may be why we don't quite have the same 5 star feedback.
Reviewed On 5/10/2010 by Renelyn T
Our DJ was very energetic and kept the crowd involved. There was not a dull moment during the reception. Everyone loved him.