Macken Music Bands and DJs

Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Klezmer, Latin

Ceremony, Wedding

Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

5100 Edina Industrial Blvd, Minneapolis, MN

DJ Paul Young is Awesome!

Reviewed on 11/30/2012 Marissa D

We used this company to book Paul Young as our wedding DJ. He was awesome! He played all the songs I wanted, communication was fantastic, he gave us a great deal because we had a Sunday wedding, and everything went smoothly!

One of the few things we enjoyed picking out!

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Lori H

This was made easy by Mike. You show up to his office (don't panic regarding the outdated computers and technology around you, it's all good) he asks you a few questions regarding what you are looking for and price range. I must admit I was a bit weary of the situation at first.... Read More But at the end of the evening and listening to various CD's and watching videos of potential bands, we found our band for the wedding. We chose MetroJam and they were awesome. Completely flexible to my guests requests and they sounded amazing. Super happy with our choice. Get a band, it is worth it!

Band was great, management-not so much.

Reviewed on 5/03/2012 Paje B

I used their most popular five piece jazz band-The Vanguard Band. Band was very professional, great quality sound for the jazz enthusiast with a tuned ear. The management of Macken Music was pushy-its a business though!

Music was fabulous

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Niki E

Paul Young was our DJ and he did an absolutely fantastic job! From our initial meeting to our conversations about music and lighting, he was very responsive and attentive. The dance floor was full the entire night, even 15 minutes after our party ended!

DJ Paul Young

Reviewed on 7/28/2011 Lindsey O

Paul Young was great! His selection was great, cues were right on, sound quality was perfect and everyone has raved about our music & dance!

Wedding Music

Reviewed on 3/07/2011 Christy J

I cannot say enough great things about Macken Music! We used Macken Music for our wedding reception and are very happy with our decision. Paul Young did an amazing job of listening to our ideas and helping us accomplish a festive event!

WE LOVE DJ PAUL YOUNG!

Reviewed on 2/25/2011 Andrea K

Paul was so easy to work with and was so wonderful!! He played current music and kept everyone out on the dance floor! I couldn't have asked for anything better!!! He was so willing do what we wanted!

GREAT Experience!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Jessica S

After doing a lot of research we chose Macken Music and couldn't have been happier with the decision. We wanted someone who was able to do our Ceremony as well as Reception music at a reasonable price. DJ Paul Young did a tremendous job!! With many years of experience he was... Read More able to offer advice on how to make our wedding unique and knew how to read our crowd. Everything ran smoothly - from the ceremony (he even did the music for our vocalist), dinner music, slideshow to the dance he left us speechless...we heard many comments about how impressed guests were that there were people on the dance floor ALL night. We did not include a song list to play, we left it up to him and I can't believe how stress free and time saving that was!! I will (and have) recommend DJ Paul Young to anyone looking for a memorable occasion!

Love DJ Paul!

Reviewed on 10/29/2010 Taylor H

We loved working with DJ Paul and were getting compliments ALL night about him, several people even asked for his information for people that they know that are getting married. We got a deal for having a Friday wedding and the dance floor was NEVER empty and he was great with... Read More everyone that requested songs. I would recommend him to anyone!

Macken Music and MetroJam

Reviewed on 8/18/2010 Jessica H

We booked Metro Jam through Macken music. Going to book the band was really fun and laid back. And Metro Jam was outstanding. We had a full dance floor when the dance ended at midnight.

Review for Macken Music and Entertainment Agency

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Marky D

He was very good at reading the crowd and mixing requests with our play list. We had lots of kids at the reception and he was very good with catering to them but switching when the adults we ready to dance.;Our first dance he flubbed a bit...I'm a very easy going person so it... Read More wasn't a big deal. He started 3 different songs before he started ours. But nobody noticed!

Review for Macken Music and Entertainment Agency

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Nicole S

The actual band that we booked through Macken Music was Metro Jam Band...can't say enough about what an awesome band they are!!! All 7 band members are incredibly talented and we received oodles of compliments on them! Very much worth the money.

Rating for Macken Music and Entertainment Agency