THE DRESS...make it an experience, not a decision.

For over 40 years, we've been helping brides find their dream dress by giving them a personalized experience unlike any other bridal salon. Your stylist will help you find the perfect gown in a personal, fun, and special appointment. She'll help you every step of the way with accessories, bridesmaid dresses, mothers dresses, and tuxes or suits at our sister store, Madeleine's Daughter Formal. Looking good is easy...our goal is to make you feel amazing! We are dedicated to having the most extensive gown selection in New England. We only work with the best designers in the industry, and we carefully choose our inventory to accommodate every type of bride, venue, and budget. With the best atmosphere and stylists in New England, we are tax-free and only 45 minutes from Boston or Portland.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

Bow2010

775 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH (603) 431-5454
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Emily K

Madeleine's Daughter gave me the perfect bridal experience! This was my second appointment and I was blown away by how attentive they were. The salon itself is gorgeous, with chandeliers hanging everywhere, private rooms for brides and their entourage, and plush couches for... Read More everyone to sit on. They even give you a floral robe to wear while trying on gowns! My consultant, Emily, was absolutely amazing! She didn't put any pressure on me and really helped me figure out how I felt in each dress. Every time I got overwhelmed she reminded me of how I wanted to feel on my wedding day as I walk down the aisle to my groom! She also took the time to figure out what style I was going for and used her immense knowledge of the stock to pick dresses that would flatter me that I might have not chosen for myself. In the end I said yes to a gorgeous dress that she recommended I try on! And my whole entourage had a blast during the appointment. Definitely go to Madeleines Daughter!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Kimberly T

Madeleine's Daughter absolutely gave me the amazing experience I've always dreamed of! The whole appointment was stress free and fun. We worked with Casi who did an incredible job pulling dresses that matched the style I was looking for, while being completely respectful of my... Read More budget. She even brought in some awesome sample options of much higher priced gowns that I could afford if bought off the rack. She involved my family - letting me try on a few different styles just so my mom and aunts could see me in them and all in all we had so much fun. I had previously visited a salon where you could walk around and choose the dresses yourself (which was what originally made more sense to me) but in the end found that process pretty overwhelming and also disappointing when a lot of what I was drawn to was over my budget. At MD you get that personalized experience without having to lift a finger and because Casi was so great at finding gowns that were my style, there was no concern that anything better was hiding in the back. I CANNOT WAIT to wear my wedding dress and would recommend Madeleine's Daughter to anyone in the New England area.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Hailee L

Madeleine's Daughter was the second bridal salon I visited ... and it was the last! I didn't need to look any further than Madeleine's. They make the dress-shopping experience fun, economical and comfortable for all brides. They knew my budget, size and preferred styles in... Read More advance and didn't show me any dresses that were outside of my budget. My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law all were able to join me in the bridal suite as I tried on each dress, and the sales woman listened to what I did and did not like about each dress and only showed me dresses based on my previous responses. She was very attentive, professional, patient and honest, offering her opinion when I asked for it. She continued bringing out dresses until I found THE ONE! Although I am not an impulsive shopper, I had no doubt when I found the dress that I wanted to marry my husband in. I am absolutely obsessed with my wedding gown and cannot have imagined buying any other dress at any other store. Thank you to the team at Madeleine's for making the process so thoughtful, easy and so much fun!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Hannah C

Madeline's Daughter was wonderful! I scheduled my first bridal appointment ever there thinking I would just be browsing, but had such a good experience and found the dress of my dreams on my 6th try on! Erica helped me through this process and she listened to exactly what I... Read More wanted. The dress I tried on was a little different than what I pictured but she encouraged me to just try it and I fell in love!!! Highly reccomend this shop for a wonderful, pleasant, and easy experience.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kaitlyn C

Madeleine's Daughter was great! We worked with Brandie and she truly enjoys her job. This was the 3rd dress shop I visited that weekend back in February and it was my final! The salon was beautiful (now renovated). You get a personal assistant and a roomy private dressing... Read More room. Brandie paid attention to my budget and only brought me gowns in my price range. I ordered my dress on 2/5/17 and picked it up on 6/12/17. I can not comment on alterations done by Madeleine's Daughter because I had a family friend do this for me. Although, I can say that Brandie spoke with the person doing my alterations on the phone in the dressing room to assist with deciding on the size of the gown to order. This was nice and very helpful! When Brandie could not reach me due to an error in my email address, she personally wrote me a card and sent it in the mail to call the salon to update it. They offer discounts for bridesmaid and mother of the bride/groom dresses at their salon, as well as for their tux shop. I did not take advantage of any of these. When I came back from my honeymoon I was pleasantly surprised with mail from Madeleine's Daughter that included a gift certificate for $50 off of Gown preservation! You need an appointment, but I highly recommend checking them out for your wedding gown!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Katie N

Everyone is so friendly and knowledgeable. They truly listen to what you want and make the experience unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Toby M

I could not have been happier with the service here!! I got my wedding dress, Bridesmaids dresses, and the Mothers Dresses at Madeleine's for my wedding in September, and we got such tremendous service. Melissa helped me with my dress and she was AMAZING - her personality is... Read More friendly and bubbly and she is excellent are her job (and has excellent taste!!). She understood the kind of dress I was looking for right off the bat just off of a quick description and a couple pictures. She really respected our budget and never brought anything in that was outside of it which we truly appreciated. With the bridesmaids dresses, we were a bit indecisive on sizing and ordering a dress for the MOH, and Melissa was super responsive, helpful, and patient throughout that several week process. She also followed up with us several times in general to check in, and give us updates on the dresses and their status. I would highly recommend this boutique, and more importantly, Melissa!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kathryn F

Overall I had a great experience with Madeleine's Daughter. MD was the third salon that I went to and I knew I would find the dress there. We worked with Melissa and she was amazing! We also got the bridesmaid dresses at MD which was an easy and smooth process. We did have one... Read More issue with my wedding dress. When I went to pick it up to bring to the seamstress after months of being stored at MD, the zipper was broken. Luckily MD stepped up and coordinated with my seamstress and the designer and everything ended up working out fine. If my zipper had not broken, I would have had a perfect experience with them, but I would still definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the dress of their dreams!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Vanessa P

Found an amazing dress, but more than that0 I found an amazing experience. They salon called me when there was a special veil trunk show and even sent me a note before the wedding. I worked with Melissa and she felt like a friend afterwards. Really great service and selection.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jennifer C

I said yes to my dress yesterday and I am still smiling ear to ear! I was worried that I wouldn’t find anything in my budget (1,500 and under) but my consultant Kristen was so nice about it. The dress I ended up buying was a sample in perfect condition which allowed me to get a... Read More $2,200 dress for $1,500! I never felt pressured into a sale, I felt as though I could give honest feedback about what she brought me. That being said the first dress she brought was perfect. Also, they give you a corset bra thing and a slip to wear trying on dresses which was awesome! I was also worried because I had a 4pm appointment on a Saturday that I would feel rushed but she did not make me feel like that at all! I can’t say enough good things Kristen was soooo good!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Meghan K

The folks at Madeleine's daughter made finding my dress very easy. My mom and I had a private room, and our hostess would bring in a selection of dresses for me to try one by one. And when she brought in my final selection, we all knew it was the perfect dress. They also helped... Read More me custom order my veil from Italy! Thanks so much.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Andrea P

I worked with McKenzie when I shopped at Madeline's daughter. We were running late for our appointment, and they were so accommodating, making sure I still got my full appointment time. The dresses my consultant pulled for me were all so wonderful, and although I tried on... Read More several, I ended up buying the first dress I tried on. The experience was fun, in a private fitting room with my mom and sisters, drinking mini bottles of champagne. I purchased a Watters dress that I absolutely love. McKenzie was able to refer me to seamstresses in my area for my alterations and also helped me choose a veil. Overall it was a great experience and I am so happy I chose my dress here!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Alyssa H

I could not have dreamed of a better experience! The staff were so welcoming and genuinely cared about finding the right dress for me. I highly recommend this bridal salon.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Stacy H

Melissa was incredible when it came to finding the perfect dress! She listened to my likes and helped me narrow down dresses until she found the perfect fit. She kept my budget in mind. The process was relaxing and I truly found the perfect dress for me. Thank you Melissa! I... Read More would recommend Madeleine's Daughter again and again!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Stacey H

This salon is the BEST! My experience was so easy. They work with your budget and listen to what you have to say. Every dress brought in my room was something I was interested in. I had major dress anxiety after my first few appointments other places, but MD took complete... Read More control, I found my dress that day! Shout-out to Mackenzie for being the most accommodating stylist there ever was!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Cassandra F

First off I want to say if you are looking for JUST a wedding dress, I HIGHLY recommend this bridal salon. They made my girls and I very comfortable and my stylist was very attentive to my needs. Ashley had reviewed my pinterest board and knew the style I was looking for. She... Read More knew my style so well that the first dress she pulled for me to try was the dress that I wore two weeks ago when I got married. She still helped me try on other dresses to make sure the first one was "the one" and even sent me a nice card in the mail a couple weeks after I purchased the dress to congratulate me on finding my dress. BRIDES/BRIDESMAIDS BEWARE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BUYING BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HERE!! That being said I am writing this review in order to warn other brides to NOT GO HERE for the bridesmaids dresses!! When my girls went to order their dresses in January 2017 they were told that Bill Levkoff had changed how his dresses were sized and my maid of honor would now be a 20 instead of a 24 and another bridesmaid would be a 14 instead of a 16. These people were the professionals, not me since I had never been married before or gone through this experience, so I believed them. Fast forward to April 2017 when the dresses arrived and the size 20 and size 14 were both too small!! Madeleine's told us to come in so that we could measure the dresses and make sure there wasn't a manufacturer issue, and then proceeded to tell my two girls that they gained weight... IN THEIR RIBCAGES!! They offered no help for an error that was clearly their fault, and they were very adamant on accepting no blame. Instead they made me and my girls pay $75 per yard of fabric, and an extra $200 per dress for a seamstress to remake the whole dress. After this whole nightmare my 5th and final BM went to pick up her dress, waited for 25 minutes to be told that my husband had already picked it up when he picked up my MoHs dress 1 week prior. HE SPECIFICALLY TOLD THEM HE DID NOT WANT HER DRESS AND SHE WOULD PICK IT UP IN 1 WEEK. When I called to ask what they were going to do about the lost dress I was placed on hold for 20 minutes to have someone pick up the phone and tell me the dress had been MISPLACED and could my BM drive the HOUR back to go get it!!! When I kindly responded "no she works for a living and she already wasted her only day off to drive there once," I was told they would send it in the mail the next day with the shipping charges on them (shocker, it was the only mistake of the whole ordeal that they actually owned up to and paid for!) This all occurred 3 months before my wedding and this bridal shop could not have cared less. Every customer service member was very rude and the member of management that my mother spoke to offered no compensation other than to fire the woman that originally measured my BMs. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER, GO SOMEWHERE ANYWHERE ELSE FOR A BRIDESMAID DRESS!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Melissa M

Everyone at Madeline's Daughter was fabulous, especially my personal stylist Casi! They truly give you the royal, "say yes to the dress" experience. I absolutely fell in love with my dress the moment I put it on and received so many compliments on my wedding day. I highly... Read More recommend looking for your dress at Madeline's Daughter!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Melissa K

Madeleine's Daughter was the first salon I visited when searching for a dress - I had absolutely no intention of purchasing a dress on my first visit anywhere but WOW was I blown away! The salon itself is pristine and welcoming. My stylist, Kristin, was so friendly and laid... Read More back, she made me feel instantly comfortable and was not a "pushy salesperson" whatsoever. She helped me to envision what I wanted for my special day and really knew how to help me narrow down the selections. I left feeling confident and elated!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Casey M

My time at MD was absolutely incredible. I was sad to leave, Casi was my stylist and she was out of this world. I went in with a favorite in mind but wanted to try a lot of different styles to be sure, she was so on point with everything she selected for me. It made making my... Read More decision so easy. She totally knew what was my style and what I had in mind. She had been on my wedding website to see my venue and it felt like I was working with a good friend. My mom and sister both loved her and we all raved about her the whole rest of the day! I went home with the one I went for, but felt like I got the full and awesome experience! My dress is beautiful but simple, the accessories she pulled to add were so perfect I couldn't go home or picture my dress and wedding day without them! She truly knows bridal trends and styles and I wouldn't suggest going anywhere else! Do yourself a favor and book an appointment!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Kelsey M

I came to this store with all of the best intentions of buying my wedding dress here. I went here after going to other stores so that I would know what I liked and did not like, because I wanted to be a MD bride so badly! My first visit here our service was pleasant and I... Read More found a dress that I thought I loved. The dress was right at price point, but only if I bought the sample. With fear that the dress might be gone, I put down a deposit on the dress. The next weekend I went to Kleinfeld. I tried on many dresses there, including the one that I loved from MD. Only to find out that Kleinfeld would sell me the same dress that MD wanted to sell me, but BRAND NEW and for LESS MONEY. We were outraged that MD would try to sell us a sample dress that many others had tried on with threads and beading missing for more money than a brand new one from somewhere else. On top of that, I went back to this store with my bridesmaids. The same stylist learned that I did NOT buy my wedding dress from them, and then gave us bad service for my bridesmaid shopping trip. She was inattentive, and not interested, all because I did not buy my wedding dress there. Although this shop is tax free, it isn't worth it due to the fact that you can apparently buy the same dresses they have their for WAY LESS somewhere else!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Megan L

I can't say enough great things about my experience here. From the moment I got here Ashley was amazing and so comforting. I was very nervous about dresses in general and the whole experience and she made me feel at ease till I said yes to the dress. Thank you so much Ashley... Read More for making me feel like a princess and allowing my parents and MOH to share in my special day! Can't wait for my dress to come in!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Emma D

I can't say enough about my experience at Madeline's Daughter. It was perfect in so many ways. First of all we could go when the store was closed so my two grandmothers could attend and I could bring my large family with me! They got to enjoy champagne and snacks while they... Read More waited :) From the second we walked in Melissa was accommodating and helpful and just so pleasant. I instantly felt comfortable and she put my butterflies at ease! She had looked at my Pinterest board and already had beautiful choices ready when we arrived. We tried on a few and then we found the pieces we liked of them and then she pulled the perfect dress and she was just as excited about it as I was. I was comfortable, happy and above all else I left with my dream wedding dress. I didn't go anywhere else to look and I didn't have to, they made it perfect.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Amanda H

I bought my wedding gown from Madeline's Daughter, and it was the best experience! Melissa was wonderful, and did an amazing job making the experience fun and as relaxed as possible. I even bought a dress that I realized the next day wasn't the one, and the team there was... Read More amazing and checked on the order immediately, and they were able to stop the process and allow me to choose a new dress, one that I fell absolutely in love with! I was so incredibly grateful! I highly recommend Madeline's Daughter to all brides, and I can't thank Melissa enough for all of her help and patience!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Kimberlee A

Madeleine's Daughter was perfect! Everyone who worked there was so friendly and helpful, my dress was a dream!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Molly G

Absolutely LOVE my dress from Madeline's Daughter. Mackenzie was SO helpful and kind during the shopping process. She really respected my budget and had a really good policy of only keeping one "favorite" in the dressing room at a time. ("You're never going to buy your SECOND... Read More favorite dress, right??") This was very helpful for indecisive me. I described what I was looking for in my perfect dress, after having been to a few other bridal salons and tried on dozens of not-quite-right dresses. She told me she was picturing the exact dress I was describing and brought it out. I didn't think that moment of "oh my gosh - this is it! Yes!!!" would really happen for me, but it totally did!! (I was psyched to learn I was getting 10% off for buying it that day, too!) Very happy with my experience. :)

Elizabeth Dirom

I actually started as a stylist at Madeleine's Daughter over 20 years ago, and as the owner, I'm lucky to continue my dream of helping brides feel beautiful. For me, it's not about the dresses...it's about the brides that we get to work with! Our team of expert stylists genuinely love helping brides. They are knowledgeable, sincere, fashionable, and honest. I absolutely LOVE what I do and hope that shows in your experience here...I can't wait to meet you!