THE DRESS...make it an experience, not a decision.

For over 40 years, we've been helping brides find their dream dress by giving them a personalized experience unlike any other bridal salon. Your stylist will help you find the perfect gown in a personal, fun, and special appointment. She'll help you every step of the way with accessories, bridesmaid dresses, mothers dresses, and tuxes or suits at our sister store, Madeleine's Daughter Formal. Looking good is easy...our goal is to make you feel amazing! We are dedicated to having the most extensive gown selection in New England. We only work with the best designers in the industry, and we carefully choose our inventory to accommodate every type of bride, venue, and budget. With the best atmosphere and stylists in New England, we are tax-free and only 45 minutes from Boston or Portland.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

Bow2010

775 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH (603) 431-5454
PINTEREST

Say Yes to the Dress treatment

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Vero A

Great service, beautiful dresses, affordable prices!!! definitely the place to go for your wedding gown :-)

Beautiful Dresses, Amazing Service

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Lizz O

Madeleine's Daughter and everyone on their staff is amazing! It was the first place I went shopping for my wedding gown and McKenzie found me the perfect dress that I purchased that day. At another appointment Renee helped me to find just the right beaded belt and veil and Cathy... Read More did an incredible job with my alterations. Everyone was great and I could not have asked for a better bridal gown shopping, accessorizing, and alterations experience! I drove up 30 minutes from MA and it was worth the trip every time!

got my gown here

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Lauren M

I would send anyone to Madeleine's Daughter to get there gown! The service was outstanding. The staff was so willing to help and so kind. I made my appointment for the beginning of the day and brought a few people with me. You have your own room to try on gowns and a fun floral... Read More robe to wear in between. They were very aware of my budget and only showed me gowns within that range. My consultant was so patient and willing to help me find the gown. They pull the gowns for you here, which I found helpful to not be overwhelmed by all the gowns out on the rack around you. While the cost of alterations was not included with my gown purchase, it was reasonable when compared with what other tailors charged and probably would have been more considering the bead work she had to work with! They were very organized in helping to make all the follow up appointments and that my dress was everything I wanted it to be. I would tell anyone to go here to get their gown!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Alyssa H

I could not have dreamed of a better experience! The staff were so welcoming and genuinely cared about finding the right dress for me. I highly recommend this bridal salon.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Stacy H

Melissa was incredible when it came to finding the perfect dress! She listened to my likes and helped me narrow down dresses until she found the perfect fit. She kept my budget in mind. The process was relaxing and I truly found the perfect dress for me. Thank you Melissa! I... Read More would recommend Madeleine's Daughter again and again!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Stacey H

This salon is the BEST! My experience was so easy. They work with your budget and listen to what you have to say. Every dress brought in my room was something I was interested in. I had major dress anxiety after my first few appointments other places, but MD took complete... Read More control, I found my dress that day! Shout-out to Mackenzie for being the most accommodating stylist there ever was!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Kimberly T

Madeleine's Daughter absolutely gave me the amazing experience I've always dreamed of! The whole appointment was stress free and fun. We worked with Casi who did an incredible job pulling dresses that matched the style I was looking for, while being completely respectful of my... Read More budget. She even brought in some awesome sample options of much higher priced gowns that I could afford if bought off the rack. She involved my family - letting me try on a few different styles just so my mom and aunts could see me in them and all in all we had so much fun. I had previously visited a salon where you could walk around and choose the dresses yourself (which was what originally made more sense to me) but in the end found that process pretty overwhelming and also disappointing when a lot of what I was drawn to was over my budget. At MD you get that personalized experience without having to lift a finger and because Casi was so great at finding gowns that were my style, there was no concern that anything better was hiding in the back. I CANNOT WAIT to wear my wedding dress and would recommend Madeleine's Daughter to anyone in the New England area.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Cassandra F

First off I want to say if you are looking for JUST a wedding dress, I HIGHLY recommend this bridal salon. They made my girls and I very comfortable and my stylist was very attentive to my needs. Ashley had reviewed my pinterest board and knew the style I was looking for. She... Read More knew my style so well that the first dress she pulled for me to try was the dress that I wore two weeks ago when I got married. She still helped me try on other dresses to make sure the first one was "the one" and even sent me a nice card in the mail a couple weeks after I purchased the dress to congratulate me on finding my dress. BRIDES/BRIDESMAIDS BEWARE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BUYING BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HERE!! That being said I am writing this review in order to warn other brides to NOT GO HERE for the bridesmaids dresses!! When my girls went to order their dresses in January 2017 they were told that Bill Levkoff had changed how his dresses were sized and my maid of honor would now be a 20 instead of a 24 and another bridesmaid would be a 14 instead of a 16. These people were the professionals, not me since I had never been married before or gone through this experience, so I believed them. Fast forward to April 2017 when the dresses arrived and the size 20 and size 14 were both too small!! Madeleine's told us to come in so that we could measure the dresses and make sure there wasn't a manufacturer issue, and then proceeded to tell my two girls that they gained weight... IN THEIR RIBCAGES!! They offered no help for an error that was clearly their fault, and they were very adamant on accepting no blame. Instead they made me and my girls pay $75 per yard of fabric, and an extra $200 per dress for a seamstress to remake the whole dress. After this whole nightmare my 5th and final BM went to pick up her dress, waited for 25 minutes to be told that my husband had already picked it up when he picked up my MoHs dress 1 week prior. HE SPECIFICALLY TOLD THEM HE DID NOT WANT HER DRESS AND SHE WOULD PICK IT UP IN 1 WEEK. When I called to ask what they were going to do about the lost dress I was placed on hold for 20 minutes to have someone pick up the phone and tell me the dress had been MISPLACED and could my BM drive the HOUR back to go get it!!! When I kindly responded "no she works for a living and she already wasted her only day off to drive there once," I was told they would send it in the mail the next day with the shipping charges on them (shocker, it was the only mistake of the whole ordeal that they actually owned up to and paid for!) This all occurred 3 months before my wedding and this bridal shop could not have cared less. Every customer service member was very rude and the member of management that my mother spoke to offered no compensation other than to fire the woman that originally measured my BMs. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER, GO SOMEWHERE ANYWHERE ELSE FOR A BRIDESMAID DRESS!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Melissa M

Everyone at Madeline's Daughter was fabulous, especially my personal stylist Casi! They truly give you the royal, "say yes to the dress" experience. I absolutely fell in love with my dress the moment I put it on and received so many compliments on my wedding day. I highly... Read More recommend looking for your dress at Madeline's Daughter!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Melissa K

Madeleine's Daughter was the first salon I visited when searching for a dress - I had absolutely no intention of purchasing a dress on my first visit anywhere but WOW was I blown away! The salon itself is pristine and welcoming. My stylist, Kristin, was so friendly and laid... Read More back, she made me feel instantly comfortable and was not a "pushy salesperson" whatsoever. She helped me to envision what I wanted for my special day and really knew how to help me narrow down the selections. I left feeling confident and elated!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Casey M

My time at MD was absolutely incredible. I was sad to leave, Casi was my stylist and she was out of this world. I went in with a favorite in mind but wanted to try a lot of different styles to be sure, she was so on point with everything she selected for me. It made making my... Read More decision so easy. She totally knew what was my style and what I had in mind. She had been on my wedding website to see my venue and it felt like I was working with a good friend. My mom and sister both loved her and we all raved about her the whole rest of the day! I went home with the one I went for, but felt like I got the full and awesome experience! My dress is beautiful but simple, the accessories she pulled to add were so perfect I couldn't go home or picture my dress and wedding day without them! She truly knows bridal trends and styles and I wouldn't suggest going anywhere else! Do yourself a favor and book an appointment!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Kelsey M

I came to this store with all of the best intentions of buying my wedding dress here. I went here after going to other stores so that I would know what I liked and did not like, because I wanted to be a MD bride so badly! My first visit here our service was pleasant and I... Read More found a dress that I thought I loved. The dress was right at price point, but only if I bought the sample. With fear that the dress might be gone, I put down a deposit on the dress. The next weekend I went to Kleinfeld. I tried on many dresses there, including the one that I loved from MD. Only to find out that Kleinfeld would sell me the same dress that MD wanted to sell me, but BRAND NEW and for LESS MONEY. We were outraged that MD would try to sell us a sample dress that many others had tried on with threads and beading missing for more money than a brand new one from somewhere else. On top of that, I went back to this store with my bridesmaids. The same stylist learned that I did NOT buy my wedding dress from them, and then gave us bad service for my bridesmaid shopping trip. She was inattentive, and not interested, all because I did not buy my wedding dress there. Although this shop is tax free, it isn't worth it due to the fact that you can apparently buy the same dresses they have their for WAY LESS somewhere else!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Megan L

I can't say enough great things about my experience here. From the moment I got here Ashley was amazing and so comforting. I was very nervous about dresses in general and the whole experience and she made me feel at ease till I said yes to the dress. Thank you so much Ashley... Read More for making me feel like a princess and allowing my parents and MOH to share in my special day! Can't wait for my dress to come in!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Emma D

I can't say enough about my experience at Madeline's Daughter. It was perfect in so many ways. First of all we could go when the store was closed so my two grandmothers could attend and I could bring my large family with me! They got to enjoy champagne and snacks while they... Read More waited :) From the second we walked in Melissa was accommodating and helpful and just so pleasant. I instantly felt comfortable and she put my butterflies at ease! She had looked at my Pinterest board and already had beautiful choices ready when we arrived. We tried on a few and then we found the pieces we liked of them and then she pulled the perfect dress and she was just as excited about it as I was. I was comfortable, happy and above all else I left with my dream wedding dress. I didn't go anywhere else to look and I didn't have to, they made it perfect.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Amanda H

I bought my wedding gown from Madeline's Daughter, and it was the best experience! Melissa was wonderful, and did an amazing job making the experience fun and as relaxed as possible. I even bought a dress that I realized the next day wasn't the one, and the team there was... Read More amazing and checked on the order immediately, and they were able to stop the process and allow me to choose a new dress, one that I fell absolutely in love with! I was so incredibly grateful! I highly recommend Madeline's Daughter to all brides, and I can't thank Melissa enough for all of her help and patience!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Kimberlee A

Madeleine's Daughter was perfect! Everyone who worked there was so friendly and helpful, my dress was a dream!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Molly G

Absolutely LOVE my dress from Madeline's Daughter. Mackenzie was SO helpful and kind during the shopping process. She really respected my budget and had a really good policy of only keeping one "favorite" in the dressing room at a time. ("You're never going to buy your SECOND... Read More favorite dress, right??") This was very helpful for indecisive me. I described what I was looking for in my perfect dress, after having been to a few other bridal salons and tried on dozens of not-quite-right dresses. She told me she was picturing the exact dress I was describing and brought it out. I didn't think that moment of "oh my gosh - this is it! Yes!!!" would really happen for me, but it totally did!! (I was psyched to learn I was getting 10% off for buying it that day, too!) Very happy with my experience. :)

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Heather S

This was my last stop of a long day of shopping (I traveled from one state and my guest from another to the 1/2 way point for some dress shopping). Had an awful experience before this and had run into a limited supply of dresses to try due to my size. When i got here the staff... Read More was phenomenal! I had my stylists full attention and she was so creative in seeing what i liked/didn't like with each dress to bring more of a selection. She also was able to suggest easy alterations to the ones i was trying to make them more what i wanted without breaking the bank. She was very low pressure on the sale and did not push to make a decision. Even gave me time with my guests to talk it over. Everything felt so comfortable and caring and i found a beautiful dress so the order was placed! I am looking forward to picking it up in a few months. Kristin is amazing and if you go there, definitely request her!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Mary Kate A

My first visit to Madeleine's Daughter was February 2016 to try on dresses for my June 2017 wedding. That first day I went with my mom and 3 of my bridesmaids, and we were all greeted with our own mini bottle of champagne. I was introduced to my stylist, Erika and she was the... Read More best! She was more than patient considering I had that "moment," but didn't leave with a dress because I kept second guessing myself knowing it was my first time trying on dresses. I ended up going to a few salons in the Boston area and they just didn't compare. I went back for a second time and I ended up saying yes to the same dress I had my "moment" in months prior. Yet again, Erika proved she was the best when I came in with my bridesmaids a few months later to find their dresses. While planning my wedding I always envisioned blush and champagne color dresses for my girls, but when most of your bridesmaids are fair skinned Irish girls, it just doesn't work. I ended up with a beautiful blue/teal color and Erika, along with few of her co-workers, were more than supportive and were so patient with the time it took for me to make the decision. Erika ended up out on maternity leave (congrats!) when it came time to choose my accessories, so we were put with Brandi. Brandi was also super sweet, she helped complete my look and helped my mom find her perfect dress! Each and every time I was at Madeleine's Daughter, all the girls were so kind, patient, and accommodating. Highly recommend this salon to help you and your girls find your perfect dresses!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jaclyn V

I was so impressed with Madeleine's daughter! It was the first and only place I went to look for my wedding dress. Ashley was my stylist and she was amazing. Your stylist will personally pull all the dresses you try on, based on your preferences and how you feel after trying... Read More some on. The dress I selected was not at all what I thought I wanted! But I am so glad Ashley pulled it. They make the process very easy and make you feel special while you're there for your appointment. I'm so glad I traveled from Boston to this salon to find my wedding gown!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Dana R

Let me begin my review by saying that I am a VERY, VERY indecisive person. Before I went wedding dress shopping, it was a part of the planning process that I was very nervous about, because how on earth was I supposed to choose one dress out of the millions out there? I need... Read More not have worried. The staff at Madeleine's Daughter made the process one of the easiest decisions of the entire wedding planning process. When we arrived, my mother and sisters and I were escorted back to a small, private room and were offered mini bottles of champagne. Our wonderful stylist joined us after a few moments to ask some basic questions about what I thought I wanted and what my budget was, and then brought in 5-6 dresses to start. She was very patient and honest as we tried a few on, and structured the process in a way that did not feel overwhelming at all. When I surprised myself by actually finding "THE dress" at that first appointment, the staff celebrated with us and answered all of our questions about next steps, etc. For the entire time that I was there, I felt like they gave me their full attention and respect, and that they were truly supporting and celebrating with me as my family and I enjoyed what ended up being a fun and stress-free process. Their communication about the dress and its arrival and all logistics thereafter was clear and accurate. They provided a great list of recommended/trusted tailors in many surrounding towns/states. Exceptional all the way through. Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Lindsey S

I will start by saying I was excited for my very first bridal appointment at madeleines daughter, and after reading so many reviews I was SURE I'd have an amazing experience. Unfortunately, that was NOT the case. My stylist tried to find dresses I had described, but was only... Read More able to give me a VERY limited selection. At one point, she also was basically arguing with me about the coloring of a dress. In the 90 minutes that I was there I probably tried on about 7 dresses. I have very specific information after trying on each dress, but the selection I was given was minimal and did not really match what I was asking for. At one point I was told that I would not find anything like what I was looking for because they just don't make dresses like that, even though I have seen many online. I did not feel at all like this was a personal experience for me, and felt as though my stylist was simply annoyed by me. She did nothing to go above what I asked, and never offered to give me a veil or belt or any accessories to try on. Needless to say, I left my appointment feeling discouraged and frustrated. On top of everything, they were in the middle of construction so I was not allowed to leave the small changing room that one had one mirror. If you want to feel a personalized experience where your stylist really listens and makes it a fun and exciting experience, I would suggest going else where.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Anna B

This was the second place I went when trying to find a wedding dress and I did not enjoy my experience at all. The setup of Madeline’s Daughter is not ideal. My mom and bridesmaids were put in the room with me and even though I don’t mind changing in front of them, it sort of... Read More took away from the specialness of showing them each dress after it was already on. They were able to see it immediately and offer their opinions even if I didn’t like it or wouldn’t have shown it to them. Once you found a dress you really liked, you were told you could go to the front of the store and look in bigger mirrors; however, there were about 5 other girls doing the exact same thing and it was very crowded. I had already been to Andrea’s Bridal in Portland, ME and had a great experience and found a dress I liked but had not decided on yet. I was up front with the consultant about this and told her what I was looking for. In the end I still wasn’t decided, but was leaning towards the first dress I tried on at Andrea’s (which Madeline’s also had but for $800 more). I asked her when I would need to order by in order for it to arrive in time and she responded “well, you should have ordered it a month ago” - not a very comforting thing to tell a bride. When I eventually ordered it from Andrea’s two days later it arrived in plenty of time.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Jess M

We got the wedding gown, the bridesmaids' dresses, and rented tuxedos from Madeleine's. Emily, who helped me with all the dresses, was completely adorable and amazing. She made the whole experience an absolute joy and I just loved her. The dresses were all completely perfect.... Read More The tuxes also turned out amazing and they were really helpful in working with us through the process of designing the look we wanted. We only hit one snag with this vendor. We wanted to pick up the tuxes on the way to the wedding (which was out of town), so I called that day and made sure it would be alright if we came by around 6pm to pick them up. They said yes, that would be great. We hit a lot of traffic leaving Boston, so we didn't make it there until about 7pm. But online it says they are open until 8pm, so we thought we had plenty of time. When we got to the shop, they told us the tuxedo shop closes at 6 and that the staff had left, and because it was locked up there was nothing they could do to get us the tuxes. We were dismayed because we had no idea how we would be able to get them, and why hadn't the person on the phone told us the tuxedo staff would be leaving at 6pm? After a lot of finagling we were able to coordinate for someone else to come get the suits the next day, but the people did not even offer to call a manager or employee to come unlock the suit shop. In fact, they made no effort to assist us. What would we have done if everyone in our party had already gotten on a plane? If we had no way to get the tuxedos at another time? I felt they could have handled this a lot better and been more accommodating since the issue was due to a communication error on their end.

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 stephanie E

Elizabeth Dirom

I actually started as a stylist at Madeleine's Daughter over 20 years ago, and as the owner, I'm lucky to continue my dream of helping brides feel beautiful. For me, it's not about the dresses...it's about the brides that we get to work with! Our team of expert stylists genuinely love helping brides. They are knowledgeable, sincere, fashionable, and honest. I absolutely LOVE what I do and hope that shows in your experience here...I can't wait to meet you!