THE DRESS...make it an experience, not a decision.

For over 40 years, we've been helping brides find their dream dress by giving them a personalized experience unlike any other bridal salon. Your stylist will help you find the perfect gown in a personal, fun, and special appointment. She'll help you every step of the way with accessories, bridesmaid dresses, mothers dresses, and tuxes or suits at our sister store, Madeleine's Daughter Formal. Looking good is easy...our goal is to make you feel amazing! We are dedicated to having the most extensive gown selection in New England. We only work with the best designers in the industry, and we carefully choose our inventory to accommodate every type of bride, venue, and budget. With the best atmosphere and stylists in New England, we are tax-free and only 45 minutes from Boston or Portland.

Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Bridal Stylists, Dry Cleaning + Preservation, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

775 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, NH (603) 431-5454
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Emily K

Madeleine's Daughter gave me the perfect bridal experience! This was my second appointment and I was blown away by how attentive they were. The salon itself is gorgeous, with chandeliers hanging everywhere, private rooms for brides and their entourage, and plush couches for... Read More everyone to sit on. They even give you a floral robe to wear while trying on gowns! My consultant, Emily, was absolutely amazing! She didn't put any pressure on me and really helped me figure out how I felt in each dress. Every time I got overwhelmed she reminded me of how I wanted to feel on my wedding day as I walk down the aisle to my groom! She also took the time to figure out what style I was going for and used her immense knowledge of the stock to pick dresses that would flatter me that I might have not chosen for myself. In the end I said yes to a gorgeous dress that she recommended I try on! And my whole entourage had a blast during the appointment. Definitely go to Madeleines Daughter!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Kimberly T

Madeleine's Daughter absolutely gave me the amazing experience I've always dreamed of! The whole appointment was stress free and fun. We worked with Casi who did an incredible job pulling dresses that matched the style I was looking for, while being completely respectful of my... Read More budget. She even brought in some awesome sample options of much higher priced gowns that I could afford if bought off the rack. She involved my family - letting me try on a few different styles just so my mom and aunts could see me in them and all in all we had so much fun. I had previously visited a salon where you could walk around and choose the dresses yourself (which was what originally made more sense to me) but in the end found that process pretty overwhelming and also disappointing when a lot of what I was drawn to was over my budget. At MD you get that personalized experience without having to lift a finger and because Casi was so great at finding gowns that were my style, there was no concern that anything better was hiding in the back. I CANNOT WAIT to wear my wedding dress and would recommend Madeleine's Daughter to anyone in the New England area.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Hailee L

Madeleine's Daughter was the second bridal salon I visited ... and it was the last! I didn't need to look any further than Madeleine's. They make the dress-shopping experience fun, economical and comfortable for all brides. They knew my budget, size and preferred styles in... Read More advance and didn't show me any dresses that were outside of my budget. My bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law all were able to join me in the bridal suite as I tried on each dress, and the sales woman listened to what I did and did not like about each dress and only showed me dresses based on my previous responses. She was very attentive, professional, patient and honest, offering her opinion when I asked for it. She continued bringing out dresses until I found THE ONE! Although I am not an impulsive shopper, I had no doubt when I found the dress that I wanted to marry my husband in. I am absolutely obsessed with my wedding gown and cannot have imagined buying any other dress at any other store. Thank you to the team at Madeleine's for making the process so thoughtful, easy and so much fun!

Reviewed on 1/30/2018 Sara A

The staff at Madeleine’s were great to work with! With the help of McKenzie, I was able to find my dress during the first appointment! Everything she pulled for my to try on was beautiful and were styles I was interested in. She was very receptive to what I was explaining and... Read More pulled the perfect dress. On the formal side, since my husband was out of state for several months, the staff helped me pick the groomsmen tuxedos. The sizing was perfect and everyone’s tuxedos fit perfectly. The boutique was beautiful and the staff definitely were passionate about helping make the wedding day special.

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Lindsay G

Madeleine's Daughter exceeded ALL of my expectations!! Not only is the salon adorable but the experience was intimate, FUN, and truly amazing!! Hands down Mckenzie was incredible to work with!!!! I showed her pictures of styles I liked and she went with it! ALL of the dresses... Read More she brought in I liked.... until I found THE ONE!! Mckenzie really listened to my likes/dislikes and you can tell she has quite a bit of experience as she was efficient and thorough!! It truly was the best day and I wish I could give MD more than 5 stars! Would recommend to ANYONE!!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Brianne C

I've been to Madeline's Daughter twice. The first time, we went for my sister's wedding dress and our experience with Melissa was 5 stars. She offered us champagne, brought out a bunch of different styles for my sister to try on (including a "wild card" dress she'd never... Read More expected to like that she ended up buying!), worked within the budget, and was overall just very nice and genuine. Our second trip to Madeline's Daughter was for my dress. I was super excited to have a similar experience to what we had with Melissa. I should have requested her to begin with, but we assumed that because of MD's great reputation, all the stylists were this amazing. The stylist I had was Erika. Instead of giving us champagne, she told us: "There's water in the other room if you want." When I gave her my budget, she brought out a ratty lace dress that I could buy as a sample and this ugly tan MOB/bridesmaid-looking dress. We asked to see some other options and were told everything else was over my budget (which was the same as my sister's budget). After that, she only brought out dresses that were $500-1000 over my budget.If someone is clear that they can't afford that price, it's kind of cruel to have them try them on, don't you think? I was also hoping to try on some "wild card" dresses like my sister did, since I was only trying on styles in the small confines of what I said I liked. I found a dress that I really liked and she said I could buy it as a sample for a price near my budget (it was also kind of ratty and torn in some places). I considered it and said I would think about it and come back, but I never did. Her indifferent attitude toward me made me feel like I wasn't a bride and really down on myself. So, the average of Melissa's 5-star experience and Erika's 1-star (zero if I could!) is a 3. I recommend still coming here, as I've also heard good things from other brides besides my sister, but be very careful of who your stylist is.

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Amanda D

Madeleine’s Daughter completely turned about my bridal dress shopping experience! Having had many of my friends rave about their wonderful experiences at Madeleine’s Daughter I knew I had to go. I only had a very vague idea of what I was and wasn’t looking for and Ashley was... Read More able to pull a variety of styles and immediately picked up on what I was liking and what I wasn’t. She was able to identify my style quickly and much better than I could ever articulate. Ashley was fun to work with and incredibly supportive and understanding of everything I was saying and feeling. She also made sure that my mom and sister were involved and excited throughout the appointment. Towards the end of the appointment when I was down between two absolutely amazing dresses, she encouraged that I keep trying each on. We never once felt rushed or pressured to make a decision. Ashley also offered me ways to truly customize my dress to make it perfect - and I honestly can’t imagine getting married in anything but the dress I found at Madeleine’s Daughter. Thank you so much for Ashley and the team at Madeleine’s Daughter for an incredible dress, experience, and memory!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Heather A

Madeleine's Daughter was the first and only shop I visited when looking for the perfect wedding dress. I wanted to find a place that would be somewhere in between my location in Massachusetts and my family's location in Maine because I wanted my mom and grandmother to be a part... Read More of the dress search. After reading dozens of glowing reviews and seeing the amount of designers carried all in one spot it was an easy decision to set-up and appointment at Madeleine's Daughter first. Visiting this boutique was truly a wonderful experience from start to finish. The shop is light, bright and welcoming and the ladies that work there are all very nice and friendly. Kristin was my bridal consultant and she was a dream to work with. She was very king and really took the time to listen to key points about our venue and personal style preferences. She was patient and encouraging when we were sharing what we did and didn't like about dresses. I went into the experience not really knowing what I wanted- a floofy A-line or something more fitted. In total I probably tried on 8 dresses so we could narrow down silhouettes and make the perfect selection. I never felt rushed or pressured to buy. It was a really fun process and I'm so grateful for the memories I'll be able to cherish forever. Thank you Madeleine's Daughter!

Reviewed on 11/26/2017 Judith H

I could not have been happier working with Madeline’s! Everyone there is so friendly, professional and they were respectful of our budget. My stylist, Melissa, helped me find the perfect gown and veil! At first I tried on a few lace gowns and she immediately knew I was trying to... Read More force myself to like them. We quickly changed gears and found the dress of my dreams! When I came back to look for veils I unfortunately nearly passed out from skipping lunch and Melissa was so sweet and compassionate. She wouldn’t let me leave without first having water and a snack. I can’t thank Melissa enough for all her help! We also got my husband’s tux through Madeline’s and he has never looked more handsome! Thank you so much for being a part of our big day!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Hannah C

Madeline's Daughter was wonderful! I scheduled my first bridal appointment ever there thinking I would just be browsing, but had such a good experience and found the dress of my dreams on my 6th try on! Erica helped me through this process and she listened to exactly what I... Read More wanted. The dress I tried on was a little different than what I pictured but she encouraged me to just try it and I fell in love!!! Highly reccomend this shop for a wonderful, pleasant, and easy experience.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Kaitlyn C

Madeleine's Daughter was great! We worked with Brandie and she truly enjoys her job. This was the 3rd dress shop I visited that weekend back in February and it was my final! The salon was beautiful (now renovated). You get a personal assistant and a roomy private dressing... Read More room. Brandie paid attention to my budget and only brought me gowns in my price range. I ordered my dress on 2/5/17 and picked it up on 6/12/17. I can not comment on alterations done by Madeleine's Daughter because I had a family friend do this for me. Although, I can say that Brandie spoke with the person doing my alterations on the phone in the dressing room to assist with deciding on the size of the gown to order. This was nice and very helpful! When Brandie could not reach me due to an error in my email address, she personally wrote me a card and sent it in the mail to call the salon to update it. They offer discounts for bridesmaid and mother of the bride/groom dresses at their salon, as well as for their tux shop. I did not take advantage of any of these. When I came back from my honeymoon I was pleasantly surprised with mail from Madeleine's Daughter that included a gift certificate for $50 off of Gown preservation! You need an appointment, but I highly recommend checking them out for your wedding gown!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Katie N

Everyone is so friendly and knowledgeable. They truly listen to what you want and make the experience unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Toby M

I could not have been happier with the service here!! I got my wedding dress, Bridesmaids dresses, and the Mothers Dresses at Madeleine's for my wedding in September, and we got such tremendous service. Melissa helped me with my dress and she was AMAZING - her personality is... Read More friendly and bubbly and she is excellent are her job (and has excellent taste!!). She understood the kind of dress I was looking for right off the bat just off of a quick description and a couple pictures. She really respected our budget and never brought anything in that was outside of it which we truly appreciated. With the bridesmaids dresses, we were a bit indecisive on sizing and ordering a dress for the MOH, and Melissa was super responsive, helpful, and patient throughout that several week process. She also followed up with us several times in general to check in, and give us updates on the dresses and their status. I would highly recommend this boutique, and more importantly, Melissa!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kathryn F

Overall I had a great experience with Madeleine's Daughter. MD was the third salon that I went to and I knew I would find the dress there. We worked with Melissa and she was amazing! We also got the bridesmaid dresses at MD which was an easy and smooth process. We did have one... Read More issue with my wedding dress. When I went to pick it up to bring to the seamstress after months of being stored at MD, the zipper was broken. Luckily MD stepped up and coordinated with my seamstress and the designer and everything ended up working out fine. If my zipper had not broken, I would have had a perfect experience with them, but I would still definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the dress of their dreams!

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Vanessa P

Found an amazing dress, but more than that0 I found an amazing experience. They salon called me when there was a special veil trunk show and even sent me a note before the wedding. I worked with Melissa and she felt like a friend afterwards. Really great service and selection.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Jennifer C

I said yes to my dress yesterday and I am still smiling ear to ear! I was worried that I wouldn’t find anything in my budget (1,500 and under) but my consultant Kristen was so nice about it. The dress I ended up buying was a sample in perfect condition which allowed me to get a... Read More $2,200 dress for $1,500! I never felt pressured into a sale, I felt as though I could give honest feedback about what she brought me. That being said the first dress she brought was perfect. Also, they give you a corset bra thing and a slip to wear trying on dresses which was awesome! I was also worried because I had a 4pm appointment on a Saturday that I would feel rushed but she did not make me feel like that at all! I can’t say enough good things Kristen was soooo good!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Meghan K

The folks at Madeleine's daughter made finding my dress very easy. My mom and I had a private room, and our hostess would bring in a selection of dresses for me to try one by one. And when she brought in my final selection, we all knew it was the perfect dress. They also helped... Read More me custom order my veil from Italy! Thanks so much.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Andrea P

I worked with McKenzie when I shopped at Madeline's daughter. We were running late for our appointment, and they were so accommodating, making sure I still got my full appointment time. The dresses my consultant pulled for me were all so wonderful, and although I tried on... Read More several, I ended up buying the first dress I tried on. The experience was fun, in a private fitting room with my mom and sisters, drinking mini bottles of champagne. I purchased a Watters dress that I absolutely love. McKenzie was able to refer me to seamstresses in my area for my alterations and also helped me choose a veil. Overall it was a great experience and I am so happy I chose my dress here!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Alyssa H

I could not have dreamed of a better experience! The staff were so welcoming and genuinely cared about finding the right dress for me. I highly recommend this bridal salon.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Stacy H

Melissa was incredible when it came to finding the perfect dress! She listened to my likes and helped me narrow down dresses until she found the perfect fit. She kept my budget in mind. The process was relaxing and I truly found the perfect dress for me. Thank you Melissa! I... Read More would recommend Madeleine's Daughter again and again!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Stacey H

This salon is the BEST! My experience was so easy. They work with your budget and listen to what you have to say. Every dress brought in my room was something I was interested in. I had major dress anxiety after my first few appointments other places, but MD took complete... Read More control, I found my dress that day! Shout-out to Mackenzie for being the most accommodating stylist there ever was!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Cassandra F

First off I want to say if you are looking for JUST a wedding dress, I HIGHLY recommend this bridal salon. They made my girls and I very comfortable and my stylist was very attentive to my needs. Ashley had reviewed my pinterest board and knew the style I was looking for. She... Read More knew my style so well that the first dress she pulled for me to try was the dress that I wore two weeks ago when I got married. She still helped me try on other dresses to make sure the first one was "the one" and even sent me a nice card in the mail a couple weeks after I purchased the dress to congratulate me on finding my dress. BRIDES/BRIDESMAIDS BEWARE, READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE BUYING BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES HERE!! That being said I am writing this review in order to warn other brides to NOT GO HERE for the bridesmaids dresses!! When my girls went to order their dresses in January 2017 they were told that Bill Levkoff had changed how his dresses were sized and my maid of honor would now be a 20 instead of a 24 and another bridesmaid would be a 14 instead of a 16. These people were the professionals, not me since I had never been married before or gone through this experience, so I believed them. Fast forward to April 2017 when the dresses arrived and the size 20 and size 14 were both too small!! Madeleine's told us to come in so that we could measure the dresses and make sure there wasn't a manufacturer issue, and then proceeded to tell my two girls that they gained weight... IN THEIR RIBCAGES!! They offered no help for an error that was clearly their fault, and they were very adamant on accepting no blame. Instead they made me and my girls pay $75 per yard of fabric, and an extra $200 per dress for a seamstress to remake the whole dress. After this whole nightmare my 5th and final BM went to pick up her dress, waited for 25 minutes to be told that my husband had already picked it up when he picked up my MoHs dress 1 week prior. HE SPECIFICALLY TOLD THEM HE DID NOT WANT HER DRESS AND SHE WOULD PICK IT UP IN 1 WEEK. When I called to ask what they were going to do about the lost dress I was placed on hold for 20 minutes to have someone pick up the phone and tell me the dress had been MISPLACED and could my BM drive the HOUR back to go get it!!! When I kindly responded "no she works for a living and she already wasted her only day off to drive there once," I was told they would send it in the mail the next day with the shipping charges on them (shocker, it was the only mistake of the whole ordeal that they actually owned up to and paid for!) This all occurred 3 months before my wedding and this bridal shop could not have cared less. Every customer service member was very rude and the member of management that my mother spoke to offered no compensation other than to fire the woman that originally measured my BMs. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER, GO SOMEWHERE ANYWHERE ELSE FOR A BRIDESMAID DRESS!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Melissa M

Everyone at Madeline's Daughter was fabulous, especially my personal stylist Casi! They truly give you the royal, "say yes to the dress" experience. I absolutely fell in love with my dress the moment I put it on and received so many compliments on my wedding day. I highly... Read More recommend looking for your dress at Madeline's Daughter!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Melissa K

Madeleine's Daughter was the first salon I visited when searching for a dress - I had absolutely no intention of purchasing a dress on my first visit anywhere but WOW was I blown away! The salon itself is pristine and welcoming. My stylist, Kristin, was so friendly and laid... Read More back, she made me feel instantly comfortable and was not a "pushy salesperson" whatsoever. She helped me to envision what I wanted for my special day and really knew how to help me narrow down the selections. I left feeling confident and elated!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Casey M

My time at MD was absolutely incredible. I was sad to leave, Casi was my stylist and she was out of this world. I went in with a favorite in mind but wanted to try a lot of different styles to be sure, she was so on point with everything she selected for me. It made making my... Read More decision so easy. She totally knew what was my style and what I had in mind. She had been on my wedding website to see my venue and it felt like I was working with a good friend. My mom and sister both loved her and we all raved about her the whole rest of the day! I went home with the one I went for, but felt like I got the full and awesome experience! My dress is beautiful but simple, the accessories she pulled to add were so perfect I couldn't go home or picture my dress and wedding day without them! She truly knows bridal trends and styles and I wouldn't suggest going anywhere else! Do yourself a favor and book an appointment!

Elizabeth Dirom

I actually started as a stylist at Madeleine's Daughter over 20 years ago, and as the owner, I'm lucky to continue my dream of helping brides feel beautiful. For me, it's not about the dresses...it's about the brides that we get to work with! Our team of expert stylists genuinely love helping brides. They are knowledgeable, sincere, fashionable, and honest. I absolutely LOVE what I do and hope that shows in your experience here...I can't wait to meet you!