a botanically-inspired design company

We are a full-service event florist and decorator, specializing in natural, organic styles that offer a lush and romantic aesthetic. With high attention to detail and a fresh and current take on design, we aim to exceed your expectations and leave you and your guests raving about the beauty of your floral designs! We take floristy to a new level, providing services that fully encompass the visuals of your day. Thank you for your interest in Madison House Designs!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Flower Crowns, Hair Accessories, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

Serving the Greater Columbus, Ohio Area, Columbus, OH Serving the Greater Columbus, Ohio Area (614) 561-0135
PINTEREST

Flowers were gorgeous!

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Velvet T

Lynette did an amazing job on my wedding flowers! From the very first time I contacted her she put me at ease. We had a few emails about what I was looking for and then I met at her house in Marysville for a consult. All I knew was that I wanted purple and ivory as the main... Read More colors for the flowers. She did a wonderful job on giving me different options to pick from. After our initial meeting the rest of our communication was over email or on the phone. My budget was very tight and she was able to give me what I wanted and still give me a very fair price! She put everything in a spreadsheet which really helped me to understand how my money was being spent, and organized what flowers and ribbons would be used. Lynette always returned any message from me in a timely manner. She is very nice, and extremely easy to work with. I couldn't have asked for more beautiful flowers! They were everything I wanted and more! The roses she used were HUGE and all the other flowers were great too! The bouquets lasted a full week after the wedding too! I had to get the flowers the day before the wedding because we were heading out of town. Lynette did a great job on boxing and packaging all the flowers and making sure the would stay cold during the transport. The flowers ended up being in the boxes for well over 12 hours and when we took them out of the boxes they still looked great! I had so many comments on the flowers and my bridesmaids loved, loved, loved them! They looked great in my pictures too! Overall, I had a wonderful experience with Lynette! She listened to everything I said and put it all together for me! I never worried about how the flowers would turn out. I knew she would do an amazing job, and she absolutely did! I would suggest Lynette's services to anyone and everyone! She did just an amazing job! Thank you Lynette!!!!!!!

2011-10-28T11:59:02 Response from the vendor

Velvet,Thank you SO MUCH for this AWESOME review! You are so kind and it was great working with you! I can't believe they were in the box for 12 hours!!! I loved seeing your pictures afterwards! You looked absolutely gorgeous! Thank you again. I really... Read Less Read More

Phenomenal flowers!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2011 Michelle K

Lynette did an outstanding job on my flowers! Her prices were more reasonable than the other florists I contacted, and her bouquets and centerpieces were absolutely goreous! I gave her some general preferences in colors and flower types, and she ranwith it in creating awesome... Read More suggestions. She was also sensitive to my budget. She provided suggestions of ways to accomplish the look I wanted at a lower cost by offering similar (but less expensive flowers). So many of my guest made a point to compliment me on on the beautiful flowers. My only learning is to use inexpensive vases for the centerpieces so the guests can take them home!

2011-10-28T11:56:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this kind review! It was so great working with you. I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to do your flowers! I love being able to show other brides the pictures of your bouquets.... they were so wonderfully colorful!... Read Less Read More

Lynette is so nice! Flowers are absolutely beautif

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Zheng F

Working with Lynette was one of the best parts of my wedding planning! I contacted a few in the process, some are not very excited in finding a meeting time that works for my schedule, to say the least. Everyone is busy. True. So this makes Lynette's friendliness an instant... Read More standout. Not only did Lynette get back to my phone calls quickly, she was so willing to find a discussion time that works for me. I've always felt the most help from her. Lynette was also accommodating in how we communicate. I didn't have to travel to Marysville as I didn't have the time. I found email the most convenient, and Lynette was very happy to work together that way-- It's amazing how good we can finalize by emails. What Lynette does best, is to think for the details before I even started realizing them. She's also very straightforward telling me where we're going. She organized our plan in clear spreadsheet, including the floral arrangement, the accessories, and all the time-lines. My worries are gone before they even appeared! My guests commented the flowers are stunning. They very happily took arrangements home. The best part is, as one of my friend put it: despite the obvious amount of planing, you look fresh and not tired at all -- that is because I have Lynette's help (other wonderful professionals too)! If you are like me, easily get worried, carried away by details and - excuse me - don't have the luxury of time to plan details 5 year in advance, I'd highly recommend work together with Lynette.

2011-07-29T13:02:13 Response from the vendor

Dear Muriel,Thank you so much for the wonderful review. It was so great working with you and getting to know you. I really appreciated your trust in my creative ideas, and was so happy that you liked my ideas and chose to work with me.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 Samantha P

I cannot speak highly enough of Lynette, Lisa and the whole Madison House Designs team! I originally booked them when we were living out of state and in the process of moving to Columbus, and they walked me through everything and made me feel so comfortable. We sent multiple... Read More emails back and forth about my vision and Lisa created an incredible proposal which perfectly portrayed what I wanted (and I am not a girl who likes or knows flowers, so this was super helpful for me!). Then, a month before my wedding, I freaked out about not having centerpieces and called them in a panic. Lisa was such a calming presence, reassured me it wasn't too late, and once again, created the perfect vision for what I wanted. My bouquet was better than I could have ever imagined, and the bridesmaid bouquets were also full and gorgeous. They created an incredible greenery garland for my head table and greenery and baby's breath centerpieces throughout the venue. You will not regret working with Madison House Designs and I promise they will make your vision into a reality!

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Eliza K

Lisa and her team are INCREDIBLE. I spoke with probably every florist in Columbus but what sold me on Madison House Designs was Lisa and her willingness to work with my budget and grasp my vision for our wedding day. We shared countless emails, phone calls, and texts and... Read More throughout she was very knowledgeable, creative, and always open to new ideas/proposing alternatives. She was so patient with me throughout the process as I was adding/dropping/changing my initial ideas. I decided a few weeks prior to our wedding that I wanted a flower ring around our cake, flowers draped around our wedding sign, and flowers on the back of our chairs and I knew I could count on Lisa to make it happen! Our wedding flowers were drop dead gorgeous and we received so many compliments. One person told me she thought our tall centerpieces cost $700/each! Madison House Designs does n0t disappoint and I couldn't be happier with our decision to have them as part of our wedding.

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Brittany S

Wow! Our wedding flowers were beyond my expectations! Madison House Designs worked with me to develop my vision and bring it to life. The flowers were so fresh and vibrant. Every arrangement took my breath away. I couldn’t believe the end price we paid!! We got so many... Read More compliments on our flowers! I could not have been more happy. I would recommend Madison House Designs to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Hannah R

My wedding flowers from Madison House were beautiful!! I worked with Lisa before the wedding and she was incredibly helpful and very budget conscious. The whole process went very smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Melissa D

Madison House was such a pleasure to work with. They were incredibly accommodating, and did a great job understanding my vision. Lisa and Lynette are both fantastic and very talented artists! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Allie R

Lynette and Lisa were amazing to work with! They were tremendous in helping us design bouquet and centerpiece arrangements that fit within our style and our budget. We really didn't have anything to worry about when it came to the wedding flowers - we trusted their team, and... Read More everything was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Bridal B

Love, loved our flowers! Lisa was so easy and wonderful to work with! Out of the 5 florists I met she was the most organized. She was the only florist that showed me what she envisioned before I booked! Beautiful designs, friendly people at excellent prices & minimums.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Lisa R

BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS!!! I cannot begin to express my love for the flowers that Madison House created for our big day. Flowers were one of my top items for the wedding that I wanted and I spent hours filtering through Pinterest, Southern Weddings and Instagram looking at wedding... Read More flowers. I met with Lisa & Lynette at Madison House and explained my vision to them, southern charm with an abundance of flowers. I showed them my visions and went over my expectations for the day and left the rest to them. I live out of town so for over a year my meetings were done via phone call and it was still extremely welcoming. They spent hours on the phone with me going through designs, sending me pictures while meeting and making me feel like I was sitting in their office. I will never forget walking out from the bridal suite of my venue and looking down to realize the flowers arrived; and I couldn’t help but jump up and down with excitement. They were ABOVE & BEYOND my expectations. The centerpieces were so large and full, which was exactly what I anticipated. I wanted large barrel arrangements for two wine barrels and they were perfect. I have heard hundreds of compliments from guests on the flowers and how beautiful they were. I could not recommend Madison House more for flowers. Even being from out of town and planning a wedding 3 hours from home, they eased literally any stress I could have had. The ladies working at Madison House are incredibly talented and are just simply amazing at what they do. If you are looking for a florist, I would highly suggest reaching out to Madison House!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Stephanie B

I cannot recommend this florist enough. I worked mainly with Lisa, who was prompt, sweet and extraordinarily intuitive about our wedding vision. Lynette was also amazing, as she dealt with any issues or questions she had about the specifics with grace and expedience. The team... Read More went above and beyond by not only delivering and displaying my flowers at the venue but also delivering my custom made hair comb to my salon the day of. This place is an incredible value and I implore brides (on a budget or not) to look into this great vendor!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Amanda G

Lisa with Madison House Designs was just a lovely person to work with. She was so warm, knowledgeable, and encouraging in our initial meeting, I didn't see a need to talk to any other florist and signed with her right away. She asked my budget and worked really hard to stay... Read More within it, which I really appreciate. When I wanted to add and take things away in the weeks leading up to the wedding, she was super quick to respond with helpful suggestions. Then, there was the florals themselves. Everything turned out amazingly beautiful and I had so many compliments, especially on the dramatic, tall centerpieces. Half of my centerpieces contained curly willow that I can keep forever! Thank you, Lisa and Madison House Designs!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Christina O

Lynette did an AMAZING job with all of our flowers. We have gotten so many comments on how perfect our fall-themed flowers were. Lynette simply looked at my pinterest to see what styles and flowers I liked the best. I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful arch or bouquet --... Read More everything was absolutely perfect. I would trust Lynette with anything!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Allison B

Lisa and Lynette were a joy to work with. I live in California, but was married in Columbus, and they helped pick my floral arrangements and worked with me via telephone calls and emails to ensure I had the perfect flowers for my day. AND they truly delivered!! My bouquet, the... Read More bridal bouquets, and the altar flowers were truly picturesque, and were more creative and beautiful than the vision I had in my head. These are wonderful women, and a wonderful company to work with for your wedding.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Kristen W

Our flowers were beautiful! From my center pieces, to my bouquets, i received so many compliments!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jennifer M

Everything leading up to the wedding day was great: from the consultation, communication (I was planning my Ohio wedding from Texas), and they worked with me to stay within my budget, etc. However, I wasn't as happy with the actual flowers I received. My bouquet was supposed to... Read More have some bright pops of pink (I shared a specific photo, so they knew exactly what I wanted) and they said they could do it. However, my bridal flowers were all pale pink, which made the succulents stand out too much. The groom's boutonniere was supposed to be pink (our colors were navy, gold, and pink), but it was orange...so it looked out of place. The bridesmaids bouquets were very green, less full of actual blooms than we discussed. But what could I do on the day of the wedding, other than accept the flowers I received? Up to that point they were great, and they had great reviews, so I trusted them. But now the flowers bother me in our wedding photos--especially my own bouquet. :( If they had been honest with me and said that my flowers would all be pale pink I would have left the succulents out. Basically, don't tell a bride that you can give her what she asks (based on a photo), but deliver something completely different. I will say that the table arrangements looked great, but I would have rather had a better bouquet since it is in so many photos.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Jessie J

We had our wedding at the Franklin Park Conservatory. Lisa and Lynette are very nice and professional and they did an amazing job! I wanted to tell them how much I loved their work! They made everything so beautiful. The bouquet is stunning although it is very heavy :). I would... Read More highly recommend Madison House Designs.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Taylor C

Madison House did a great job making our wedding feel beautiful, flower-filled and like everything I'd dreamed of, and would recommend them to other couples! The reason I didn't give a five-star review is because there were some small details that seemed to be skipped over (more... Read More on that below) but the final execution of our wedding was stunning. Overall, the team is very sweet and have tons of great ideas. They are able to show you tons of visuals during your consultation, and will work with you to build all of your floral pieces from scratch, making your event feel even more unique & special! We had a large, outdoor wedding at a family member's private property and since I'm a huge flower lover, I wanted to incorporate tons of them. The Madison House team make stunning centerpieces, a beautiful ceremony arch, bouquets, and many other elements that really elevated our event! The real show stopper was the cake table that they made for us. I found the idea from a picture on their block for a wedding they'd done at Jorgensen Farms (you must look up the picture - your jaw will drop!), and asked them to recreate it in our color scheme to accent our unique donut cake. They absolutely exceeded expectations on this, and made it the most gorgeous cake table I could have imagined! They also came to our venue to do a walkthrough before the wedding and were able to give some great ideas for how to cover/repurpose an unsightly air conditioner & how to section off an area of our event in a tasteful way - super helpful, creative suggestions that made our venue perfect! In terms of the small details that were overlooked, there weren't many, but they were frustrating. The men's boutonnieres were not made properly (they weren't wrapped in green tape, just a bundle of flowers tied together), so they were impossible to pin on. Our planner had to call someone from Madison House to come back to the venue and whoever did (I'm not sure who it was, as I was with bridesmaids in another area) was not pleased to do so, but changed her tone when she realized that they were defective & ended up fixing them. Since they weren't made right, the guys had to delay their pictures, and finally gave up and took their pictures without them before someone came back to fix them. Not the end of the world, but also an unnecessary inconvenience. I also never received an updated contract after I made some changes to our order a few months before the wedding. A few weeks before the wedding, I was politely informed that I'd missed sending them a payment, so I had to point out that I hadn't sent the payment because I'd never received an updated contract and thus didn't know what the final cost would be. Once they realized this, they were apologetic. When I received the new contract, I noticed that they'd increased the price of our cake table. When I asked why, they explained that they'd added more flowers to that piece to make it look even nicer. I'm certain that the additions would've been great, but I felt uncomfortable that they'd done this without running it by me. They were happy to revert to the original order/cost, but I wish they had asked, rather than assumed, that I wanted the upgrade. Overall I'm really happy we chose Madison House to make our event beautiful & would certainly recommend them to other couples!

2017-08-27T19:09:34 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride, Thank you so very much for taking the time to write out this review for us so that we are fully aware of the good and bad of your experience. We definitely see this as a learning experience, and really benefit from the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jill S

Let me just start saying, I could not have imagined better arrangements and bouquets for my wedding. Lynette was AMAZING with her deign. I gave her very little (just color palette, a few flowers I liked, and the feel of the wedding) and she made STUNNING designs. They were worth... Read More EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! I was sad for the day to end because the flowers far exceeded my expectations. And every guest noticed!!!! I was not very happy that a toss bouquet was not delivered. My wedding venue team actually made me one by removing flowers from centerpieces. I had bought special charms with messages for each bouquet and the toss bouquet charm was given, but no one said anything about not having a toss bouquet with them. I found the charm tucked in the bottom of a box, in what would have been thrown away if I hadn't looked closely. The little touches were important to me, and this left a negative taste. But this does not take away from the flower design. I still can't get over how beautiful they were....they were my favorite part of the wedding!!!

2017-08-27T18:46:20 Response from the vendor

Dear Bride, Thank you very much for taking the time to write out this review for other viewers to see. We greatly appreciate it when our customers take the time to sit down and share with us and the public the good and bad of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Heather H

Madison House designed my wedding flowers and they were beautiful! They were great with working within my budget and helping me create beautiful centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, boutonnières, nosegays, and ceremony arch flowers. I went into the meeting not knowing what xactly... Read More what I wanted, but by the end of it we had everything planned out. All the flowers were picture perfect. I'm so glad I trusted Madison House Designs for my wedding.

Reviewed on 8/06/2017 Emily M

Madison House Designs did a wonderful job with my flowers for my wedding day! They dropped off everything where they needed to be and set everything up when they said they would. They had all of the flowers clearly marked so that we knew whose were whose. Lynette was also very... Read More helpful when it came to picking the perfect flowers for my bouquet! As the wedding day got closer she updated me about how some flowers were coming in a different shade than normal and gave m suggestions for others flowers that I could use. Overall they did a great job!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Sidney R

GORGEOUS FLOWERS! I can't get over how amazing all of our arrangements and bouquets were. You can trust them in knowing what will look best. I had a general vision of what I wanted, but wasn't sure how it was all going to come together. Lynnette and Lisa gave some suggestions... Read More (they use an online program that helps you visualize) and all turned out perfect. We used our arrangements again the morning after our wedding for a brunch and they still looked perfect. Lynnette and Lisa are wonderful to work with and are very accommodating. Thank you Madison House Designs!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Marlo B

The flowers were beautiful! They were exactly what I envisioned. I appreciated that they were able to conceptualize my ideas into fruition! What an art. They were able to accommodate all of our needs and to quickly adjust if needed. I highly recommend them to meet your... Read More needs.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Melissa L

Our flowers for our wedding were absolutely beautiful!!!

Lynette Higginbotham

2003 OSU graduate with a degree in landscape horticulture interior plant designer and lanscape designer gone florist mom of four enjoying working in our large flower barn situated on an old apple farm in the country