No Wedding is complete without a Magnificent Cake

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

5407 Beacon Dr, Irondale, AL

Reviewed on 9/20/2015 Kaitlyn O

Loved my cake!! It was exactly what I had been dreaming of and it was beautiful!! It tasted great too! We had each tier different flavors of cake and everyone loved it! Hilde was great to work with and her cakes are affordable! Would highly recommend!

Best. Cakes. Ever!

Reviewed on 9/17/2014 Becky L

We got our wedding cake and our groom's cake for the above price - which included taxes and delivery! They were fluffy, and light, and moist, and everyone raved about them! The wedding cake was a 3-tier cake: chocolate with coffee filling on the bottom and top, and vanilla... Read More with vanilla in the middle. The outside was white buttercream with red stencil work. The groom's cake was a 2-tier cake: a NY Yankee's jersey with a fondant baseball hat on the top. Just amazing! Hilde did a great job, and her's were by far the best cakes I've ever had. I will definitely find an excuse to use her again!

Looks great, tastes even better

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Autumn G

My cake was 5 layers with all different flavors. My cake was a statement and focal point with custom design that matched the gold, ornate beading on my wedding dress. The cake looked incredible and when my groom and I cut into it and took a bite we both said "this is... Read More delicious!!"

Reviewed on 4/02/2014 Madeline B

I loved my cake and my groomsman cake! The price was right, and she was very professional. She communicated well and is a perfectionist (in a good way)! All details were great and cake was soooo yummy!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Crissie J

We shopped around and tasted the cakes at some of the more expensive bakeries, and found that nothing compared to the taste of Hilde's almond cake. We had cake for 250 people. All of our guests talked about not just how beautiful and elegant our cake was, but about how delicious... Read More it was too. Even a week later, when my husband and I actually sat down to enjoy our first full slice, straight out of the freezer, the cake was moist and delicious. Hilde was wonderful to work with. She really listened and made wonderful suggestions. The day of the wedding, everything went perfectly, and our cake was even better than I imagined.

Excellent Cakes

Reviewed on 10/20/2013 Lauren B

Magnificent Cakes is an excellent cake vendor. Cakes are beautiful and delicious!

Perfect All-Around!

Reviewed on 7/10/2013 Emily M

Hilde did both my bride's and groom's cake for my wedding, and WOW were they not only the most gorgeous cakes I've ever seen but they also were the most delicious--very spongy cake and the perfect amount of buttercream icing that doesn't leave you feeling over-sugared. Since my... Read More husband and I of course only got tasting bites at the actual wedding, I am happy to report that, even a week later when we returned from our honeymoon, the cake was still delicious! Combined with a great price and a great experience working with Hilde, I give Magnificent Cakes an A++

Reviewed on 6/26/2013 Maralyn G

Cupcakes were great!

Reviewed on 6/06/2013 Britni T

We booked Hilde at Magnificent Cakes because she had the best cakes and the best prices! She was so flexible and amazing! I ended up having a different flavor for each tier of my cake, with no extra charge, and each one was absolutely incredible! My husband's groom's cake was... Read More chocolate and covered in Little Debbie cakes. Hilde gave us EXACTLY what we wanted! A must have for your wedding!

beautiful cake!!

Reviewed on 4/11/2013 Amy V

I was very impressed with Hilde at Magnificent Cakes. I was unsure about what kind of cake I wanted other than the fact that I knew I wanted a different flavor for each tier. She had us over to her home(her bakery is in her house) with lots of cake to taste and tons of... Read More pictures!! I picked everything out that night and on the wedding day, it was absolutely perfect! It looked exactly like what I had picked out and she got there on time, in order to work with the florist to get my real flowers put on the cake. She was very easy to work with. I highly recommend her.

Beautiful and affordable

Reviewed on 3/24/2013 Maria D

Hilde was great to work with. She charges $2.25 per slice which was the best deal I found. Both of our cakes looked amazing and tasted great too! The grooms cake was an Auburn cake and it was a great hit. I would highly recommend Magnificent Cakes.

So Yummy!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Sarah

Her cakes are great! She is so nice and did exactly what my husband wanted for his groom's cake!

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Katie S

The cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!

Gorgeous cake

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 Martika S

The cake looked great and tasted good too.

Reviewed on 8/31/2012 Kim A

The cake was so pretty everyone thought it was a prop cake and the real cake was in the back.

My cake stole the show

Reviewed on 6/28/2012 LaToya T

Where do I begin!! Hilde is a master at cake design and taste! I gave her my visison and she saw it through!! My cake and the groom cake were more popular than that actual bride and groom. Cake was moist, the taste was unbelievable and the baker is a gem! I love Hilde and would... Read More suggest everyone have a cake by Hilde!!

Cake genius!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Cara S

Hilde created the best tasting and greatest looking wedding cakes I have ever seen. I am a bit biased, but everyone at the wedding raved over how wonderful they looked and tasted. For my cake I wanted the icing to mimic the embroidery from my wedding dress, so I sent her a... Read More couple of pictures of my dress. The detail of the icing turned out better than I ever imagined. My husband's cake was much more fun. His was baseball themed, chocolate cake with peanut butter icing...the greatest tasting cake I have ever had. Both cakes were delicious but his by far the favorite. The baseball themed cake even had oreos piped like baseballs. The attention to detail was incredible. I simply can't put into words how perfect and delicious all of my cakes were. I will most definitely be using Magnificent Cakes again!!!

a masterpiece!

Reviewed on 5/14/2012 Kara R

Hilde was a joy to work with! We went with a grooms style cake instead of having a bridal and grooms cake. The Auburn themed cake was great and tasted even better!

Delightfully yummy!

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Charlotte Mae K

Loved my strawberry cake and the groom's chocolate cake was divine! Hilde was great and promptly answered any questions and gave a great flavor advice for the cake combinations. She was great!

They really are magnificent!

Reviewed on 4/03/2012 Rachel R

Hildi was awesome to work with. She met with my mom and I, and she helped us figure out what we really needed. All of her cakes taste wonderful! I highly recommend using her for your cakes!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 4/02/2012 Brittany M

I ordered my cake from Hilde and had the taste test(the best part!!) I realized at the wedding that my bottom layer wasn't what we had ordered and wasn't very happy about that but it was still good though! I hope that my top tier for 1st anniversary is right! The cake was... Read More delicious though!

Best Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/25/2011 Bonnie K

I tried several bakeries in the Birmingham area before visiting Hilde. Every time I had a cake testing I would come away feeling sick because the cakes were just so sweet, and not very good at all. I had a specific idea for my cake, and no one seemed to act like they would be... Read More willing to do what I wanted, or they would want to charge a ridiculous amount. The last baker I visited was Hilde of Magnificent Cakes. I showed her what I wanted, and it was no problem at all. Her cake WONDERFUL, and to top it all off, she charged me half the price of anyone else. Hilde was one of the best finds of my wedding. The cake turned out exactly how I requested and tasted fantastic. I received so many compliments on it! I recommend Hilde 110%!

Wonderful cake

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 lashundra w

Hilde did everything that she was contracted to do. I have four layer each with a different flavor of cake. The cake looked just as I imagined. I would refer her to anyone. Very satsified.

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 Jennifer B

Hilde at Magnificent Cakes is fabulous! She is so nice and very helpful. She made both the bride and groom's cakes for us.My cakes were even more beautiful than I could have imagined and tasted great! She delievered and picked up exactly when she said she would which saved me a... Read More lot of headache like I had with other vedors! I would recommend her to everyone... you will be so pleased!

Reviewed on 3/19/2011 alissa h

the cakes were as tasty as good looking. they were very clean and precise and professional to the last crumb. the coconut key lime filling in my lemon cake was the closest thing to heaven i have found so far.

TO Magnificent Cakes