Magpies Bakery -- All butter. All the time.

Magpies Bakery is a full-time cake bakery located in Knoxville, TN. We specialize in designer wedding and groom's cakes, custom celebration cakes, and cupcakes. We are committed to using the finest ingredients and promise that your cake will be both unique and dee-licious.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

846 North Central, Knoxville, TN (865) 673-0471
INSTAGRAM

DELICIOUS AND GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Stacey C

From the first time I tasted their cupcakes, I was sold that THIS would be my wedding cake. The only challenge I had was deciding on flavors...and then not eating it all by myself!!!! The cake itself was beautiful. Her team worked with Lisa Foster and got the flowers on their... Read More perfect. The taste....weeellllll let's just say the 1 year part of the cake didn't make a week!!!! It was truly amazing. Best cake I've ever had!!

The best cake I've ever had!

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Kristina I

My husband and I were counting down the days till our wedding, partly because we knew we would get to eat our FABULOUS cake! Magpies helped us achieve exactly what we envisioned. Half of our cake was strawberry-orange and the other half was mango-coconut-key lime. The... Read More frosting was buttercream. It was so delicious, I cannot wait to have the top layer at our anniversary! We may have to order some cupcakes of both our flavors until then...myself, my husband and our guests could not have been more impressed with Magpies quality of their cakes! Absolutely outstanding and worth every penny.

2012-08-01T07:13:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks for taking the time to review your cake. We are SO pleased that you liked it!! Always a pleasure, and congratulations again!!!

DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 9/28/2011 Emily E

We had a classic 3-tier cake for our wedding. Peg's cakes are unique because they are DELICIOUS, versus crappy-tasting wedding cake. Our guests raved about the cake. We had a custom design based off of the lace on my wedding dress, and it turned out incredibly well. Very easy to... Read More work with and will definitely use her again.

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Saraya S

This cake was incredible. They worked so well with us to find out and create exactly what I was hoping for, and even better, it tasted amazing.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Janet E

Magpies is hands down, the best bakery in town for cakes. Our wedding cake was a strawberry cream cake with an abundance of strawberry flavor. The grooms cake was a chocolate stout cake that was not cloyingly sweet. Both cakes were very moist. The groom's cake was a replica... Read More of a marching snare drum and it was perfect! The baking skill and artistry of Magpies cannot be beat in K-town.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Madeline M

Don't get your cake anywhere else. They worked with us to have multiple flavors and icing colors. We went with lemon raspberry and Italian cream cake on alternating gold and white layers, and it was the most delicious cake we've ever had. When we changed our minds multiple... Read More times on how many servings we would need, they were totally easy going and got us exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Megan B

We ordered pies from Magpies for our "grooms cake" and everything was wonderful! The pies were delicious and the price was great!

2017-04-21T06:51:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Kayla R

Excellent cakes, friendly customer service and beautifully decorated sheet cakes.

2016-11-17T06:13:59 Response from the vendor

thank you for you review!

Good

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Biklet T

I ordered cupcakes from Magpies. Different flavors. They all taste good. I also ordered a small cake for cutting and a cheesecake. All are good qualities and at reasonable price. Overall, good taste and good price

Delicious and beautiful

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Hannah M

Beautiful delicious cakes

Delicious & Beautful

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Robbie L

Magpies in my opinion is the best cake baker in Knoxville!! They did an amazing job and our wedding cake and grooms cake were better than expected. Absolutely gorgeous cakes and DELICIOUS!! We were more than pleased!!

Wonderful wedding cake

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Sarah R

The final product turned out to be not only incredibly delicious but beautiful and much more affordable than we were expecting. The only issue we had was trying to get appointments scheduled, but everything got done in the end and done beautifully!

yummmmmm

Reviewed on 6/27/2013 Ryan L

My husband and I loved our wedding cake from Magpie's!! I worked mainly with Ryan Huddleston, and she was awesome. We had an Italian Cream wedding sheet cake with a fondant overlay- decorated to look like an old book (my husband is an English scholar). I didn't give them a... Read More lot of direction, but when I saw the cake, I thought it was perfect. And my, my, my was it delicious. The entire cake got eaten! We also had several dozen assorted cupcakes - they have regular sized, and mini-sized, so we did a mix of both, in their "deluxe" assorted flavors. The display was so pretty! I couldn't keep people away from the cupcakes - they were mostly eaten before we even cut our cake. I would highly recommend Magpie's. Their cakes and cupcakes are delicious, and so charming. I know they do really elaborate cakes, but I really just wanted something that looked like real food, real dessert at least - and that is exactly what they made for us. They are easy to work with, and it is just obvious they take great pride in making desserts that people enjoy.

Yum Yum Yum

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 Jenny B

Amazing and absolutely BEAUTIFUL cake!

Delicious

Reviewed on 1/30/2013 Laura D

Magpies did my grooms cake and a birthday cake for my uncle that we surprised him with! Both looked wonderful and tasted delicious!!

The best cake I've ever tasted!

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Danielle P

We had Magpies do the cake for our wedding. We also ordered several cupcakes to give away as wedding favors. Not only was everything beautiful, it was incredibly tasty! We ordered the Italian Cream for our wedding cake and everyone just raved about how delicious the cake... Read More was. Also, everyone at Magpies was incredibly friendly and helpful. I enjoyed working with them very much!

Bad service

Reviewed on 6/06/2012 Alycia G

We chose a cupcake wedding cake, alternated in color pink and white. This was not what we were given. After sending the demensions of the cake topper to them, they put it on the cake at the wedding an it fell off knocking cupcakes over and smearing the top tier. We were not... Read More informed of this by the bakery.

2012-06-17T11:02:15 Response from the vendor

We are very sorry about the topper falling off. This cake was set up at an outdoor venue and it was extremely hot. We strongly recommended that they NOT put the topper on the cake until later, because it was so warm, and we were... Read Less Read More

Delicious!

Reviewed on 12/26/2011 Lori F

Well, I hardly got to eat any of our Strawberry wedding cake, but from the little bit I tasted... it was absolutely delicious!! It was also very beautiful, I just wish it had been a little bigger. They had an extra sheet cake in the back to feed everyone, but I wish it had been... Read More part of the cake on display. Customization was a little difficult and expensive, but the end result was great. So tasty!! I can't wait to eat the top.

Cookies

Reviewed on 11/16/2011 Heather H

Great deals and awesome service...

YUM!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Bethany T

The best tasting cake I've ever eaten. I sent them a photo I found online and they duplicated it perfectly! SO HAPPY with their work!

Magpies Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/22/2011 Rupa V

Magpies does a nice job of implementing your ideas for a wedding cake. They do a generous tasting, and part of your payment for the tasting goes towards the deposit on the cake should you choose to use them. The cake was very good, but somewhat expensive for its size. The best... Read More compliment I can give them is that they have a lot of ideas and really help you personalize your cake.

Tried and True for sure!

Reviewed on 7/10/2011 Allison R

Magpies is around the corner from our house and we love them. The only request my husband had for our wedding food was that we have magpies cupcakes. So we did!! We had 20 dozen cupcakes and 350 guest. We ended up coming up with 3 dozen cupcakes. They were a huge hit!! YOu... Read More can't go wrong with Magpies!

Groom's Cake

Reviewed on 7/03/2011 Karalea L

Groom's cake tasted amazing and looked great. However, service wasn't near as good.

Excellent

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Kara M

The cake was excellent and the design was perfect!

loved my wedding cake!

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Sarah P

Magpies did an amazing job creating exactly what I wanted for my wedding cake! They are very fun and great at what they do! The price is on the higher end, but to me, it was well worth it. The cake tasted wonderful, and they have so many options to choose from! I would highly... Read More recommend them!