Maija Karin Photography

DREAM IT UP AND I'LL BE THERE WITH CAMERA AND HEART READY!

I would love to hear about your first date!!

But before we chat here are a few fun facts about the person behind the camera, in no particular order. -I have traveled near and far and love a good solid adventure -I have a small obsession with Sharpie Pens -I won the Jack Pot when it comes to my hubby (smart, gracious, tall dark handsome, and kind!) - I'm a middle sister and peace-maker but I'm sassy too -I'm a huge fan of Nike Zip-up Sweatshirts (in fact I am wearing one as I type) -I believe in being in the moment, capturing the cover-of-Vogue you that is your authentic self -I delight in RAW REAL emotion and will do everything in my power to capture those moments -I'm a Mama to 2 wild, intense, passionate, and very sweet boys -I've been doing this photography gig for over a decade and it gets more exciting and wonderful every day

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

DREAM IT UP AND I'LL BE THERE WITH CAMERA AND HEART READY! (208) 854-7059

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Maureen L

Maija was not only wonderful in the planning of my wedding but also on the day of she kept us laughing and at ease which you can see in our photos. The quality of the photos and the variety of shots is incredible! Everyone who has seen our wedding photos says they look like they... Read More are from a magazine! Thank you Maija!!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Cassie D

Maija and her secondary photographer did a phenomenal job with our wedding photos! We knew the day itself would be a blur, so the memories captured in photograph were SO important to us when we booked Maija. Aside from doing a fabulous job at providing us with a variety of... Read More photos that captured us and our wedding day, Maija and her colleague dissolved into the background when events were happening and were enormous fun when we were taking individual and family photos. She even got a couple highlights to us early because we took "thank you" shots at the reception. Highly recommended, and well worth the money! My only disappointment is that we don't live in the area to hire her in the future! ;)

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Robbie B

Maija was so great! She worked around our busy schedule and booked only a couple days before and on a holiday weekend! This was the first time my fiancé and I were getting pictures taken professionally and Maija made us feel super comfortable in front of a camera! She took a... Read More variety of shots with different lens and returned the photos in a very timely manner. She was pretty reasonable in pricing compared to others in the area, and for us as college student she worked with us. We love how she gave us our own webpage where we can see all the photos and download our favs. Definitely would recommend. Everyone that we have showed has loved the quality!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Katie G

Maija was an incredible photographer. I was satisfied with the numerous photos she captured, especially the candid photos! She had a great sense of humor and easy going attitude, which made it very easy to work with her. I have already recommended her to a few friends!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Tandy E

We used Maija Karin Photographer for our wedding at Mountain Springs Lodge in Febary 2015. We really enjoyed working with Maija. She did a great job of quickly making us feel comfortable and coaching us to ensure we got great pictures. Our wedding photos turned out so... Read More beautiful! We love them and have received so many compliments from our family and friends. When planning our wedding, Maija was a little more expensive than other photographers we looked into. But we loved her photos and I knew photography was where I was willing to splurge. In addition, we very much envisioned a winter wedding. However, when we arrived at Mountain Springs Lodge, there was no snow in sight. I was so thankful I spent a little more and choose Maija. It gave me the peace of mind that even without snow, we had a very experienced photographer who could still take beautiful photos even if early spring isn’t the prettiest time of year. We were very happy to have Maija as our photographer. I highly recommend her and would very much like to find an excuse to have her take photos of us again.

Maija Karin Effinger

I'm a small town girl with big time passions. I wear my heart on my sleeve and there is a good chance you'll find me with tears in my eyes behind the camera during the father/daughter dance. Since having two boys I have been deeply humbled by the overwhelming joy and love they give me as well as the feeling of vulnerability because half the time (okay most of the time) I have no clue what I'm doing, but I know if I just show them love it will turn out okay. I married my high school sweetheart and it was "my heart is yours" at first sight. I look forward to hearing your love story!