Main Street Fine Catering & Events

Rocky Hill, NJ

Full Service Catering and Event Planning

When you choose Main Street to cater your wedding, you are engaging the services of a group of professionals dedicated to being the best. On your wedding day, we will pamper your guests and allow you to relax and celebrate with family and friends.

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, Greek, Italian, Fusion

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Kosher, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Bow2010
Bow2008
Bow2007

5 Crescent Ave, Rocky Hill, NJ (609) 921-2777

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Katherine G

Main Street was completely perfect - Teri was the best coordinator and my wedding went off without a hitch. Leading up to the wedding day, Teri was constantly responsive to my mother and I (who live on different coasts!) and was truly interested in making the wedding special for... Read More my husband and I. She remembered every detail of the personal touches we wanted, and went above and beyond when we made special requests that were sentimental to us. On the day of the wedding, the staff and food were completely perfect . Everything was delicious, things moved quickly and smoothly, and our guests were constantly well fed (and raving about the food). I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Jenna L

Working with Liz at Main Street was seamless. She was always available when we needed her, was willing to work with us and help make our vision a reality and the food is AMAZING! It was an absolutely pleasure working with this caterer, I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

The weather forecast on my daughter's wedding day included a thunderstorm at approximately the time the outdoor ceremony was to take place. Meanwhile the sun was shining and temperature rising. A difficult call. Teri from Main St. made a couple strategic changes to things in... Read More terms of location of the bar and cocktail seating, to be on the safe side. Luckily we were able to proceed with an outdoor ceremony, in and outdoor cocktails and tented reception. The passed appetizers were delicious..........I confess I did not get to the location of the standing Mediterranean display. Bar service was efficient. The dinner itself was very well done. There was very little time taken to have all tables (155 guests) served at the same time. Out of those 155 guests, 101 ordered the filet with mashed potatoes and caramelized onions and asparagus. To serve that amount of beef to people and not have it taste like shoe leather is an accomplishment and the meat was delicious as were the sides. The other entree options, Mahi Mahi with a mango salsa and a stuffed portobella mushroom were also well received. Special requests were accommodated with no problem. Several of our guests commented on how pleasant and helpful the servers were. A very beautiful evening and a lot of that credit goes to Main St. Catering.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Stephani S

Our wedding was on Sept 16th, 2017. From the start, I was working with Liz. She was always responsive and easy to work with. Once we went to the group tasting event, we were beyond excited for the food. It was soooo delicious! We had a backyard wedding so we were managing... Read More everything ourselves. What I valued the most about Liz and this company is that not only was she our caterer, but she played the role of matre'd and coordinated with all my other vendors and practically ran the show the day of. I could not have done it without her. And on top of that, I am still getting such amazing feedback from our families and friends about the food and service! So many people have mentioned the food was better than any venue they've been to. I am so happy we booked with Main Street. Thank you so much, esp Liz, for everything!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Lisa N

Main Street was amazing. Absolutely delicious food and wonderful staff and service. We are so happy that we used them for our wedding and would definitely recommend them to anyone in the area.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Nicole C

Liz, along with her Main Street Catering crew helped make our wedding one that no one will ever forget! We used them as a "Full Service Cater" which means they helped us with EVERYTHING, from bringing a stove, fridge, glasses, food, and cleaned up. I cannot begin to thank Liz... Read More enough for her sharing her knowledge and advice with us! There were suggestions she made that we never even thought of. Liz went above and beyond my expectations, we couldn't have done this without her. The catering staff were all friendly, helpful, and always had a smile on their faces. They were even enjoying the party as much as we were. The food was delicious, everyone is still talking about their Carved Filet of Beef! I will definitely be using Main Street in the future and will suggest them to anyone who asks. Thank you Liz and everyone Main Street for helping me have the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Anna S

We chose Main Street Fine Catering and Events to cater our 120 person wedding in a private barn called Glenmoore Farm in Hopewell, NJ. From the moment that we called, MainStreet was helpful, responsive and honest. Liz Truch fielded countless emails and phone calls both from us... Read More and from our various venders. She wore so many hats effortlessly. The food was stupendous. We had a sit down- family style meal that our guests are still calling the best wedding food ever. A few people asked for MainStreet's info because they are getting married soon and were so impressed. Liz sent the leftovers home with us at the end of the night so that we didn't have to worry about cooking. They took care of the cake which was also delicious. Liz asked for ideas and their pastry chef created the most beautiful and yet understated cake that went so perfectly with our theme. All their employees were professional, helpful and friendly. We had waiters and waitresses and bartenders taking care of us all night long from the usual bringing of food and drink to making sure that there wasn't anything else they could help with. The day before the wedding, we had brought three car loads of decorations and ideas and dropped them off and Liz and her crew transformed it into a magical reception that I had only dreamed about. If you are in search of the best wedding food, the best staff and the best coordinator- look no further. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Alexandra C

Main Street has amazing high quality food. The presentation of every dish was very well done. Our guests all went up for second servings. Main Street did a great job creating the wedding environment we always dreamed of.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Jackie C

Truly professionals! Full Service off site caterers. Teri and her team did a fabulous job with our backyard wedding. From the start she was so easy to work with and had great vision for our unique space and how to make it work. All of our guests raved about the food and the... Read More family style service. Thank you to the Main Street team for making our special day perfect!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Erin

Main Street Catering was an excellent choice for our wedding! Teri was wonderful to work with and shared our vision of a non-traditional, extended cocktail party/station-style wedding reception. The food was excellent!! We loved everything! All of our guests raved about the food... Read More and had nothing but the best to say about everything. The staff was friendly and attentive. Really wonderful experience with Main Street all around.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Annie T

Main Street did a fantastic job for our wedding. From our first meeting/tasting with Teri, we knew that this was who we wanted to have cater for us. Their food is exceptional--from hor d'ouvres to main courses to the desserts, everything was delicious--and they are definitely... Read More professionals. We worked closely with Liz throughout the planning process, and she was responsive, thoughtful, and had great ideas for us. We were so happy to have her with us when it came to making decisions about things. On the night of the wedding itself, Liz did a great job coordinating with our venue hosts and was able to change a few little things on the fly without any issues. We are so thankful to have chosen Main Street for our wedding!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016

Main Street catered our wedding and it was beyond our expectations! They made the table set up gorgeous! Liz was amazing and has such attention to detail, down to a customized wedding cake. Do not pass them up!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Samantha J

The day of our wedding, Main Street Catering was amazing. Something of particular note I'd like to mention is the incredible staff. Our wedding was in my parents backyard, and it was raining pretty heavily all day.....I watched as we were getting ready inside how all of the wait... Read More staff, kitchen staff, managers, etc rose to the occasion in helping to move ceremony chairs and re-work the tent set up to accommodate the rain plan. Additionally, the wait staff was incredibly friendly, attentive, and helpful throughout the entire evening. They were performing duties that were not necessary for them to do - putting rugs down behind my chair to help with the mud/wet grass, wiping the dance floor continuously, etc. Personally, I was never without a drink - whether it be water or wine, someone was always there ready to fill it up. I thought that this was because I was the bride (hah!) but many of our guests have also commented on how they have never seen such a professional, friendly, smiling wait staff. AND that they too never had an empty glass or plate. Additionally, the food was off the charts. From the lemonade and iced tea set up at the ceremony, to the artisan cheese table to entrees and dessert--everything was superb and presented SO beautifully!! Unfortunately, the reason I can only give Main Street 4 stars is because of the difficulty of communication, slight attitude, and generally not feeling like our wedding was at all a priority leading up to and planning our wedding. We had a wedding planner and she unfortunately felt that working with the catering manager was slightly difficult as well. It's truly unfortunate as I would love to recommend Main Street to EVERYone as the food and wait staff and day of coordination are incredible. But, when one of your main vendors hinders and adds headache to the planning process instead of helping, it's hard to give the 5 stars I would love to be able to award them.

Fabulous Food, Extraordinary Service

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Chelsea T

Our wedding was unique in that we essentially rented an empty shell and brought EVERYTHING in. We hired wedding planners to handle all of the vendors and Main Street worked VERY WELL with them and us from start to finish. Main Street had done numerous events at our venue so... Read More fortunately they knew the lay of the land and how to handle any scenario. We decided to do scattered stations as opposed to a formal sit down dinner. Food was constantly out and being circulated. The food was delicious and the presentation was beautiful! They supplied all the rentals and gave us a ton of options to choose from in our price range. I would recommend Main Street Catering to anyone!

Made our dreams come true...

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Heather D

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Main Street Catering! I have been receiving compliments for over a week. We had a rustic outdoor wedding with many personal touches. Our coordinator (Liz) made us feel like anything was possible from day 1 of meeting her. All of our... Read More requests (including sprinkles on the ice cream and waffle bar) were addressed with ease. The menu was to our specifications and everything was perfect. Anything was possible and made affordable. We also chose to get our rentals through Main Street as they were able to get us a better price. The overall costing of food, servers, bartenders and rentals were quite competitive, but the deciding factor was our coordinator and the quality of the food. Throughout the planning we felt like we were a part of the Main Street family...we really felt as though we were understood and as a control freak, they put me at ease when relinquishing the success of our wedding on them. Everything was perfect! We felt like we were their only client for the duration. Extra meetings were no issue and Liz always went out of her way to meet our schedule. If we have the chance to do it all over we would use Main Street and request Liz! Full on perfection and professionalism.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Emily G

Hands-down the best experience I've had with a vendor. Larisa is amazing! She helped me throughout the entire process and I was planning my wedding from Chicago! Save yourself a lot of stress and book Main Street.

Hands down...the best caterer in NJ!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015

I chose Main Street based on the many positive reviews I have read. More importantly, Main Street Catering specializes on off-site events. Being that we were planning a tented backyard wedding, we needed all the help we can get! Teri has helped me tremendously throughout the... Read More entire wedding process. She meticulously noted all of my requests from hors d'oeuvres to linen selection and even to cross back chairs. She tirelessly answered all of my numerous concerns through emails and personal consultations. I appreciated her honesty in voicing out her opinions. She also helped me to keep within my budget. Teri was so patient to deal with my numerous changes throughout the planning process, for that I am very thankful. As I frequent Main Street Bistro, I felt certain that their catered food is even more delicious! On my wedding day, I was so happy that I had Teri and the Main Street crew! Everything was professionally done down to the last detail. My family and friends cannot stop complimenting the entrées and the grand marnier wedding cake! Many guests even complimented on how professional and courteous the Main Street servers were! Most catered food is usually bland. It is obvious that Main Street Catering takes great pride on the quality and taste of their food. I cannot count how many times people said that it was the best wedding dinner that they ever tasted! Teri made sure that no glass was empty and that all the guests left happy and satisfied. I highly recommend Main Street Catering and Teri to every bride who wants a scrumptious wedding feast on her big day! Main Street Catering and Teri will deliver you great service and excellent food! You will not be disappointed!

Happy we Chose Main Street!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Meghan C

Terri, Liz, and the entire team at Main Street are awesome. They helped us make an amazing menu in our budget and helped us coordinate our entire wedding day at Mountain Lakes House. Every one of our guests raved about the food, especially the gnocchi! The team made sure that... Read More my husband and I had food to eat the entire day, drinks when we needed them, and even packed up food for us to take home. We had to refrain from eating the top of our cake the night of our wedding because the raspberry lemon filling was so delicious! Thank you so much for everything that you all did for us, you truly made our day amazing!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015

Main Street Catering.. so good, every step of the way. Certainly the key was the food and service.. the very best. Our event was 120 people and the bride and groom wanted vegaterian. I, the father of the bride, was a bit sceptical with the vegaterian meal, but everyone... Read More really loved the food, including me. :-) The team that served us were great as well. Also, Larisa and Main Street were there to help with everythng else.. the planning, menu selection, assistance with flowers, tent rental, beverage provider. Thank you.

We LOVE Main Street!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Brittany F

We have been to several events catered by Main Street, so we knew that we wanted Main Street to cater our wedding! The food was exceptional - as we knew it would be from our previous experiences! But I think what we may have underestimated was the service. We appreciated how... Read More professional Main Street's team was at other events that we had attended, but they really went above and beyond to cater to us as the guests of honor that night. We can't say enough about Teri and her team. There were specific team members who followed us around during cocktail hour to be certain that we had everything we needed and they checked in with us constantly throughout the night to make sure that we ate enough and were enjoying everything. Everyone always says they don't get to eat at their own wedding - that was not the case with us! We enjoyed literally everything that was served, Teri's staff saw to it that everyone at the party had an incredible time. Teri is the ultimate planner - her guidance and advice throughout the process was spot on. We trusted her implicitly and she certainly never let us down. Worth every penny!

Main Street Fine Catering

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Sabrina K

We have been loyal customers at the Main Street Cafe for years. When our daughter was planning her wedding at the Mountain Lakes House in Princeton, we inquired about their catering service. Right from the start it was a pleasure to work with Joy on the details. Joy was very... Read More helpful and professional and really helped to make our vision come true. She responded to all our question promptly. The wedding was great and the team of Main Street Fine Catering did a wonderful job of catering the event. The hors d’oeuvres during the cocktail hour were divine, everything was so delicious. The staff came by frequently and the guests enjoyed themselves. The dinner was served on time and promptly. We received a lot of compliments on the food. Joy, Liz and the entire catering team were very attentive and helpful. They did a very good job of with the clean-up. We highly recommend Main Street Fine Catering to anyone who loves great food and excellent service. John & Karin K. (Parents of the Bride)

!!!EXCELLENT!!! STOP LOOKING FOR OTHER CATERERS RIGHT NOW

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Billy S

Absolutely phenomenal!!! Teri Lands and her team were the single most valuable vendor that we chose, and they are directly responsible for making our day run as smooth and as wonderful as it did. They left no detail overlooked, were kind, professional, and enjoyable... Read More throughout the entire planning process, and delivered on promises when others were failing. A truly experienced and knowledgeable operation. First of all, the food was outstanding. On top of that however, Teri was able to change up the menu when we discovered our art gallery venue would not have a kitchen as previously promised, and offer choices that could be prepared without conventional methods, yet also without compromising taste and quality. Literally every single person weve talked to since our big day has mentioned the food and how delicious it was. Perhaps more telling, there was only 1 small box of varied desserts, some salad, and a small box of side dishes left over at the end. Our coordinator, Teri Lands, was the brains of our entire day, and made sure that everything would run the way it needed to; the MVP of a huge team, and lucky for us, because she made sure things were happening that we had never (and would've never) even considered. Timely, efficient in her renting and ordering, straightforward with finances, and flexible in managing the small details. Her experience was markedly evident, and she was able to offer suggestions to make our day stand out from other weddings without sacrificing elegance or increasing the bottom line (serve your own sangria and mojitos at cocktail hour?!). Teri was absolutely incredible. Unless you've already been married or already work as a wedding planner and know what to expect, you are doing yourself a disservice to hire anyone else. Lastly, the team of catering staff she brought to our day were impeccable. Her on site lead Toni was there the day before to examine the site, work out any kinks ahead of time, and even brought us a small table from home to use in the bathrooms. The rest of the staff were on time, efficient in setting up, and interacted with our guests just enough so they enjoyed themselves without taking their time away from other family and friends. The small things are what set them apart; taking extra time to find more of the foods people liked; serving coffee and dessert from the buffet to our elderly guests who were too tired to walk around as the night got older; actually enjoying the night along with us, instead of just serving us coldly. I can go on forever. There is reason they've won the Knot awards so many times. You owe it to yourself to call and speak with them. Other caterers may be able to do as good a job, but no one is doing it better. Teri, if youre reading this, thank you again!! So happy to have shared our day with you!! Love Billy Michelle and Kayleb

wedding catering

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Main Street Catering is the Best! The quality of the food was ideal. The guests could not stop raving about the food. Terri was there with us every step of the way. She was not only our caterer but took care of pretty much everything at the reception. She gave us ideas for the... Read More layout of the reception, and for small things like the table clothes, and napkins, which took a huge weight off my shoulders. I do not know what I would have done without her. The wedding went without a hitch and a lot of it was thanks to Terri and her crew. They are very professional and very responsible. I highly recommend Main Street for any type of event

Mainstreet Catering

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Nicole F

I used Mainstreet Catering about a month ago for my wedding and I'm so happy we did. Teri and team are fantastic, extremely professional. They were able to take my vision and make it a reality. Everyone raved about the food. People cannot stop talking about the wedding cake... Read More and our monogrammed bread that stood out as guests walked in. Teri was able to incorporate local and seasonal flavor which was important to me. I definitely recommend using Mainstreet!

Amazing Food & Incredible Service

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 abby b

We used Main Street Catering for our wedding at my (the bride's) family home; they had catered my sister's wedding at the same venue two years prior and did an amazing job -- as soon as we were engaged we knew we'd be using Main Street again! The food is fantastic, but more... Read More importantly, Teri and her team are so great to work with. Leading up to the wedding Teri was quick to answer any questions we had (and anticipate those we hadn't yet thought of!) And on the day of, Teri's team helped everything run incredibly smoothly. Having an outdoor wedding doesn't make things easy -- we ran into a rain delay before the ceremony started, but Main Street was quick to adapt and make sure our quests were well served as we all waited for the rain to pass. Not an easy task when you ask 200 guests to wait over an hour for the ceremony to start, but I heard nothing but compliments on the service Teri and her team provided. I highly recommend Main Street to couples planning their big day. No matter the venue or hiccups that may happen, Teri knows how to keep everything running smoothly and keep your guests happy.