Maine Airbrush Wedding Makeup and Hair

Serving all of New England and Maine

Maine airbrush Makeup & Hair

I have over 2 decades of experience in Hollywood as a makeup teacher. I also do the Academy Awards,have won an Emmy and have worked on American Idol. I will make you glow walking down the aisle and into your beautiful reception. Airbrush is my specialty! Your makeup will last through tears. Lashes included. Have an Academy Awards makeup artist on your big day. It`s like the red carpet coming to you! I work with the best hairstylists and photographers plus I work with all budgets! I will make you look gorgeous live and on camera. I have done numerous celebrities and enjoy weddings because it's the biggest day of your life and it's an honor to be there to make you look your best. I work with budgets. 💐 Laurel Celebrity makeup artist Academy Awards Makeup Artist 207-604-9298

Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Serving all of New England and Maine (207) 604-9298

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Sara Jane J

Laurel Wiley did my wedding makeup in 2016 and I was amazed and thrilled by her beautiful work! I and my bridesmaids positively glowed and it showed in the wedding photographs; we couldn't have looked better! Having done makeup for famous actresses in Hollywood for many years,... Read More Laurel is the consummate professional. She is soft-spoken and easy to get along with, and she really knows what she is doing. I highly recommend Laurel Wiley Makeup and would do it all again with her, and only her.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Jessica S

Laurel was absolutely wonderful!! She was punctual and extremely talented. I had previously had a terrible "trial" with airbrush makeup and with having a destination wedding, I decided to go with Laurel without having the opportunity to trial with her. She provided a natural,... Read More yet polished and vibrant look that was beautiful on my face and in all the photos. I could not have been more pleased. I highly recommend her for anyone interested in airbrush makeup in the New England area. AMAZING!

Laurel Wiley, Make-Up Artist

Reviewed on 9/05/2014

Laurel Wiley was absolutely amazing! I was blown away by the results she provided. As a top Hollywood makeup artist who has worked with Tom Cruise and Kate Winslet you are working with the BEST! She provided the most stunning, natural, beautiful wedding makeup that I could have... Read More ever imagined. I would describe my style as Audrey Hepburn meets Grace Kelly and she created the most elegant, classic and natural look for me on my big day. Whatever your taste, she can create the look and style. She is also lovely, kind, professional and an absolute joy to work with as well. She was also able to handle a large wedding party with ease and her rates were very reasonable. Lastly, she has the best makeup technlogy with all the newest and latest airbrush techniques. Simply put, if you are in Maine, Laurel Wiley is THE makeup artist to go to. Claire Marshall (Chicago Bride who will be returning to Maine next year to see Laurel while on vacation!)

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Robin B

I can not review her make up however she is unprofessional. We communicated for a couple weeks and then when we started to set up a trial she just stopped responding. Whatever the reason i prefer to work with professionals with good communication especially for my wedding.

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Diane A

Laurel was spectacular! I looked and felt amzing. The airbrush made my skin look amazing. I cried my eyes out and it didn't even move! I highly recommend Laurel. She is kind and made me feel like a princess. The airbrush made my mom look 10 years younger!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jenny W

I have to give this vendor 2.5 stars. I cannot review her work, as she did not provide the make-up for my wedding. Six days before my wedding I received a call (on a Sunday) from the vendor's mother saying Laurel was in the hospital and would not be able to do the make-up for... Read More my wedding party (8 people total). The voicemail did give another name and number of an artist to call. However, it wasn't clear in the voicemail that this other make-up artist was Laurel's actual replacement or just someone who I could call to see if they were available. (Being that my wedding was 6 days away, this piece of information could have alleviated a lot of panic and anxiety. ) I called the number back who left me the voicemail a few times to get clarification on that, with no answer. Without knowing if I had a sure replacement, my husband and I spent all afternoon Sunday leaving messages for make-up artists. I finally did receive a call back from Laurel's replacement on Tuesday night saying she was available for me, but at that time I had someone else booked. My only feedback is that I wished the voicemail that was left for me communicated more clearly that I had a replacement for my wedding, or answered my calls following the voicemail to speak with me personally; cancelling 6 days away did not leave me in a great spot and it would have been nice to have that personal conversation with someone. But, Laurel was very quick to send back my deposit and I was happy with my make-up. So all in all it did work out.

2016-10-20T18:09:54 Response from the vendor

I am very sorry. I did my best to get the vendor for you when I was ambulanced to hospital with pneumonia. Perhaps my voice was not clear and the artist did not call you fast. I was only glad I could give you a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Kayley B

Her rates seemed reasonable, though she is condescending and rude. I asked questions to clarify pricing (if I didn't want airbrush, would the rate change) and if I could not meet her minimum, what would be required of me. She told me I should find another make up artist and... Read More perhaps try the Mac counter. I was so insulted by her response that I told her that she was right, and I would continue my search for a new make up artist. She simply replied "best of luck! Try Mac."

2016-05-09T23:05:16 Response from the vendor

I'm very sorry but this is a misunderstanding. I truly meant to try Mac people because they take small parties. I simply have a minimum. You didn't meet the minimum so I sent you to Mac. I truly meant best of luck! That is best... Read Less Read More

Beautiful Makeup

Reviewed on 9/13/2015 Megan M

Laurel was very accommodating. She traveled to our venue and did my makeup including 8 additional women- 6 bridesmaids and 2 mothers. She was punctual and efficient (sticking to a schedule can be difficult). Her makeup was beautiful and truly waterproof- it stayed until the... Read More following morning which was great. She also uses mostly all-natural products which is appreciated. I would recommend her to any bride for bridal makeup.

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Ally H

I could not have been more pleased! Laurel was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made myself and my bridal look absolutely stunning on the wedding day! Professional, fun, kind, on time, and does an amazing job! What more could a bride ask for?! I recommend her in a... Read More heartbeat!

Pure Beauty!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Jamie A

Laurel was absolutely awesome! My trial went amazing! And day of the wedding was flawless! She arrived early and was flexible with the schedule for the girls getting make-up done as well as for myself. Was very accommodating to each girl's individual look, and did touch ups... Read More for to make sure everything was fresh and long-lasting for the entire day! Would absolutely use her again and would recommend her for anyone looking for great make-up!

Beautiful airbrush makeup

Reviewed on 9/05/2014 Kelsey D

I absolutely loved my makeup for my wedding. Laurel did a wonderful job on me and my entire bridal party. Everyone looked beautiful! Laurel really listened to what I wanted for my wedding day look and I couldn't have been happier. It was flawless and lasted all day and night!

Only had the trial so far, but extremely impressed!

Reviewed on 8/18/2014 Leah M

I went for my makeup trial recently (the big day is still two months away). My mother found and hired Laurel and I was skeptical at first. I'm not someone who wears a lot of makeup to begin with so having a professional makeup artist at my wedding seemed a little crazy to me.... Read More Boy was I wrong! Laurel was able to do my makeup professionally and beautifully while still letting me feel like "me". After she was done I couldn't stop staring in the mirror! My skin has always been pretty terrible due to the acne I've had when I was younger and even adult acne now, and with Laurel's airbrush makeup my face looked nearly flawless. The price can add up quickly for her services but that is the price you pay for hollywood quality makeup, and I believe after that trial that it will be well worth the money spent. Her personality is so sweet too - she made me so comfortable the whole time I was visiting her. Laurel made me even more excited for the wedding when I really didn't think that was possible. I will certainly be posting another review after that day has come and gone, but I have complete faith in Laurel's skills and know without a doubt that because of her, I will be feeling more confident and beautiful than I ever thought possible on my wedding day.

Excellent makeup artist

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Erica H

I had such a great experience working with Laurel! From the trial run to the day of she was friendly, professional, and knowledgable. She made me feel comfortable and told me about what she was doing and the different products that she uses. On the day of my wedding she... Read More traveled two hours to us and did make up on myself, six bridesmaids and two moms. Everyone was extremely happy with their makeup, I think we all looked flawless. The makeup stayed on through tears and dancing. I would highly recommend working with Laurel.

Laurel Make-Up.Com

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 DeLana A

I can honestly say my experience with Laurel Wiley was one of nicest experiences I can recall. She was excellent with her craft and helped to make my wedding day perfect. She suggested a practice session at her in home salon. She made me feel relaxed and welcome. I feel... Read More so fortunate to have met Laurel. If not for The White Barn, I would have missed meeting such a talented and wonderful woman. My make-up looked flawless, soft and beautiful. As a mature bride, I wanted most of all to look pretty for my groom. Laurel made that happen. Her expertise was without question, so vast and professional. Laurel was always on time and without her help my wedding day would have been missing something very special. It is difficult to put into words but I felt Laurel was a kindred spirit and was thrilled meet her and lucky to have her assist with my special day. I can never thank her enough. I look forward to seeing her for my first year anniversary. You will not go wrong with Laurel's artistic talents! Enjoy your day with Laurel!

2014-06-21T12:05:08 Response from the vendor

My Dear, you looked so beautiful and you are one of the kindest people I have met. Im so glad I could be a part of your beautiful day! Much love and blessings!

Bridal make-up

Reviewed on 6/15/2014 Kim W

Laurel was a pleasure to do business with and everyone was very happy with her work. Very friendly and comforting make-up artist.

Bitter Sweet

Reviewed on 6/05/2014 Stephanie M

Although the vendor and I did not see eye to eye after my wedding and had a brief falling out. After receiving my wedding photos, I have to say that I looked absolutely beautiful. Laurel did a great job on myself and my girls. As they all looked great as well. I do wish that... Read More when I was told I would have her and an assistant, that it would of been an experienced assistant and not some once just learning how to apply makeup. If she had been experienced, it would of made the day run much smoother, and one of my bridesmaids wouldn't have gotten so upset about not having a finished look because they ran out of time.

2014-06-13T17:17:01 Response from the vendor

I'm so glad your pictures looked great! A makeup assistant who is the artist caliber your wanted would have cost 200-300 extra. I didn't know you wanted an assistant who was a pro makeup artist or I would have had you pay to hire one.... Read Less Read More

My Favorite Vendor!

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 Jennifer T

Laurel was hands-down my favorite wedding vendor from our May 3rd wedding! She is so incredibly experienced & talented - you really feel like she is an artist painting a work of art on your face. She was extremely responsive throughout the planning process, her prices were... Read More very reasonable & she was very helpful with make-up suggestions. I absolutely loved my make-up on my wedding day & I would never have picked it out for myself. Laurel uses Air-Brush makeup which is wonderful on all skin types - but especially my oily skin! THANK YOU LAUREL!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

2015-06-13T18:07:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you. It was a pleasure being with you on your big day and enjoying your family with my mom.

Laurel is simply perfection!!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Stacey P

Laurel was wonderful to work with! She is so professional and flexible and reasonable priced! I was so thrilled to see her work when I went to my trial, she made me feel comfortable, at ease and beautiful. Contacting her from m,y trial to my wedding day, was so easy, she gets... Read More right back to you and is so easy to talk to!! On the day of my wedding she made me and my bridesmaids feel gorgeous and that was the least of our worries all day long! WE used the air brush option and I am so happy I did. Our make looked flawless and stayed on all night and I even had it on the next day! It could not have gone any better! We got so many compliments about our make up and how great it looked!! I cannot recommend Laurel enough, she is so professional, knowledge and a great person to talk to and work with!!! Thank you again Laurel for making my wedding day so memorable!!!

2016-11-07T13:29:49 Response from the vendor

I had the best time with you girls. You were so sweet and looked like a movie star! Xo

Amazing summer wedding makeup

Reviewed on 8/30/2013 Corey S

I got married a month ago in Maine and went to Laurel's house (which was very close to my venue) for my makeup and hair. Laurel did an amazing job with the airbrush makeup on me - even though I have some scarring on my face, my skin looks absolutely flawless in the pictures.... Read More Laurel listened to me and did exactly what I wanted. My 4 bridesmaids, my mom and my husband's mom also had their makeup done with Laurel and everyone was so happy with how it turned out. Laurel is also just a great person to have around on your wedding day; she is sweet, calm and fun! I am so glad I chose Laurel to do my makeup on my wedding day!

2013-08-31T15:49:48 Response from the vendor

I had so much fun with you gals! What a great time! Much love to you and your new hubby!

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Caitlin O

I found Laurel through an internet search and I knew right away that I needed her on my wedding day! She did the makeup for me, all of my bridesmaids, my mom, and even gave a little something to my flower girl, free of charge! She is absolutely amazing at what she does. When I... Read More went for my trial I didn’t have any pictures and had no idea what I wanted. I wear makeup often, but not a lot of it. She was able to offer up suggestions for my skin tone and the look I was going for. She has lots of suggestions if you don’t know, but also is able to give you the exact look you want when you describe it to her. We ended up doing something completely different on my wedding day as opposed to the trial and Laurel was so flexible and just wanted to make sure I looked my best, while still looking like myself! My mom never wears makeup and she looked wonderful! Laurel was able to give her a glow without making her uncomfortable. I couldn’t be happier with the airbrush makeup – and it’s true that it won’t kiss off or cry off! I certainly did my fair share of crying and my makeup (mascara, eyelashes, EVERYTHING!) looked perfect throughout the entire night. One final thing about her is that she is quick at responding to your emails! I always got a response right away and it made it so easy to communicate with her. She is such a sweet person, will go out of her way for you, and is incredibly talented. Everybody loved her. Thank you Laurel!

Everything worked out great but not exactly as planned!

Reviewed on 6/16/2013 Polly C

Laurel did a great job with my makeup. I specifically was interested in working with her because she used airbrushing, which creates a sheer, more natural appearance on the skin and wears longer than traditional foundation. She is personable and responsive. I had e-mailed... Read More her in advance pictures of a smokey eye and nude lip preference. I ended up with a more natural look overall which worked out fine and met my expectations. We had planned to do the trial beforehand at her house and that she would be onsite the day of the wedding. Unfortunately, she broke her foot the day before the trial. This unforeseen circumstance was no fault of anyone and ever the professional, she never once tried to bail out on me. She still offered to come onsite the day of the wedding but I couldn't see it happening logistically so I agreed to get my makeup done the morning of my wedding at her house. Everything worked out fine in the end but not exactly as planned.

2013-06-17T12:48:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you for understanding my broken foot dilema! I always show up no matter what. You looked gorgeous!

Unfortunately -- a terrible experience

Reviewed on 2/22/2013 A N

Unfortunately, I had a terrible experience dealing with Laurel from Maine Airbush. Here is a quote from her: "If you speak of me at all, I will sue you. I suggest you google who I am." Now for the back story: Initially, I loved the images I saw of her work. She had great... Read More reviews. I emailed her and in subsequent email back and forth I told her where the wedding was to be held. She replied that she had been hoping to squeeze me in on the same day but was already booked for a wedding that wasn't close enough. She forwarded my email to another make-up artist, N., and told me N. was available. N. went over a few details with me and then sent me a contract that did not have any cost for travel. I signed the contract and sent it back to her. I also inquired about types of make-up as I have allergies -- something I assume most make-up artists have dealt with from time to time. I simply asked for information on ingredients. N. said she would call the manufacturer right away and let me know. She also said that she would have to charge for travel. I wrote back expressing concern that a travel fee was suddenly being imposed and asked for the cost, also noting that the contract would have to be revised and if it was a lot, I might not want to go forward since that might increase the price too much. The next time I heard back, it was an email from Laurel in which she blamed me for not alerting N. to the location of the wedding (although the whole reason Laurel had forwarded me to N. was because she couldn't make it to my location herself) and told me the contract was canceled. She said that "the bride" can't change the contract terms. She also told me that my allergies were a problem. Then she suggested a different consultant. This email was riddled with typos and was nasty in tone. I figured she was trying to make up for the tone by suggesting another consultant. Then I got an email in which she forwarded my email to her other recommendation. I was uncomfortable that she was wily-nily forwarding my email to her contacts. I was also very concerned that she said that the bride couldn't change the contract but apparently she could cancel the contract that I had signed with N., to which she wasn't even a party. Who knows what else she was trying to get away with? I asked her to not forward my email any more and pointed out that the point of a contract is that two or more parties agree, not that one party gets to change the terms whenever it suits them, tacking on costs. We would have to agree on an amendment. I included N. on the email and asked why she wasn't the one letting me know there were issues. In response to this email, N. sent me a kind and professional email explaining that she lets Laurel respond for her when she is out of town. A little weird but whatever. Also in response I got a TIRADE of NASTINESS from Laurel in no fewer than 5 emails. She accused me of being a first year law student (what a weird insult) and told me that if I contacted her again, she would sue me. She also wrote, and I quote, "If you speak of me at all, I will sue you. I suggest you google who I am." Is this why she only has favorable reviews on her Knot page? She threatens people? I am about as low-key as brides come but I am NOT okay with having contracts yanked around or receiving nasty emails. I hope she was just having a bad day and isn't like this a lot. But you only have 1 wedding day. Think about it.

2013-02-23T20:16:53 Response from the vendor

Im sorry but this is not accurate. I never worked with you and you are referring to another makeup artist in this N ? I hope you find a good artist and wish you the best

Reasonable price, make-up turned out alright

Reviewed on 11/23/2012 Lauren C

I selected Laurel to do the makeup for my wedding for myself, my mother, and almost all my bridesmaids. I was excited about all the good reviews she had received and was looking forward to having my makeup airbrushed. I had already had eyelash extensions professionally put on... Read More (highly recommended for brides!!), so I needed just general makeup beyond that. I went for a trial the day before so I could have the makeup on for my rehearsal dinner, which was done at Laurel's house. She was very nice. The makeup was okay. I asked for a very natural look, showed her some pictures on my phone, and then we got started. The lighting in her house was very dark, so when I left her house I noticed that there were a couple areas under my eyes that were not blended in at all. She also suggested I go and pick out a lip color at the mall the next day - my wedding day. I was a little put off by that, not only because I really didn't have time to go shopping, but also how am I supposed to know what to pick? I didn't end up going. On the wedding day she and her assistant came to do our makeup. We were on a very tight schedule but she had said it would not be an issue with her assistant. We ended up running really far behind - mainly because every time Laurel went to look for something she had just used, it was lost. Her assistant did an excellent job prepping everyone, and then after she finished everyone she just stood next to Laurel handing her things she couldn't find on the table. It put us very far behind, and we didn't get to do half the ladies pictures we wanted to. In addition to that, there were still areas that weren't blended in under my eyes after the first application, and I had to keep pointing it out to her because she wouldn't believe it / couldn't see it. The makeup photographed okay. I look a little washed out, and I wish she had used some bronzer. Overall I probably would have selected someone else if I had known how the day was going to go.

2012-11-24T12:04:21 Response from the vendor

Im sorry you felt that way as we tried to go out of our way to please you. Being that you are an optomitrist I could see you looking way up close with mirror to your skin. Actually touching your skin with the mirror. Yes... Read Less Read More

Absolute Perfection

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Amy R

On my wedding day, Laurel did airbrush makeup for myself and all of my bridesmaids. I cannot say enough about how happy we all were with the end result. While each of my bridesmaids are already beautiful, Laurel worked nothing short of magic on each of us with her talent. She... Read More has the ability to easily pick the right shades and tones for each person and made each girl look and feel absolutely stunning. Not only is Laurel a complete pro at what she does, but she was also such a joy to have around while getting ready - she has such a calming and reassuring presence. I should mention that Laurel was incredibly helpful in scheduling trial runs with me and was very committed to nailing down the look I wanted. I went into my wedding day completely confident that Laurel would take good care of me and my bridesmaids. I am so thrilled to have had Laurel to my makeup for my wedding and would highly recommend her for any bride.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2012 Ashley D

Laurel was absolutley amazing! I can not say enough good things about her. She went above and beyond to make sure I looked beautiful for my day, but also made sure I still looked like myself. The makeup she uses is fantastic, I never had to touch up once throughout the night... Read More (even though I spent the entire night sweating on the dance floor!). She also uses high quality make-up and works with your skin type and complexion. This was really helpful for me because I am a person with very sensitive skin. Not only did Laurel make me look beautiful but she also did my mom's make-up for the wedding, and I've never seen my mom look more beautiful. Everyone kept asking her if she was my older sister throughout the night. She did all of this on a constricted time frame and not to mention completely got rid of my dark circles from not sleeping the night before my wedding. I would recommend her to anyone.

Laurel

I love to do airbrush makeup and make brides happy ! I have 25 years experience in Los Angeles and moved here to maine and service New England also. The makeup I have done on the Academy Awards is durable and photographs beautifully! It looks amazing live also so you will look great all day and night! It is not heavy and looks like you have perfect skin. You cannot cry it off. Call for a free consult 207-604-9298 I look forward to making your big day a beautiful one! Look at my sites www.mainemakeupartist.com www.laurelmakeup.com Laurel 💐