Major Diamond Productions

San Francisco {NorCal}

Save the Details

As a husband and wife team, we truly understand the importance of your wedding day. Our approach to cinematography is to create a beautifully produced film that is fresh and unique to each couple. Film making is our passion and capturing love is our life.

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Online Proofing, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

Berkeley, CA
San Francisco {NorCal}

Awesome team :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Michelle M

Major Diamond Productions is one of the best wedding vendors of all time! Since the day we first met, Jennifer Mae and Cris have been both very professional, approachable and most important of all, hands-on. They are very passionate about their craft and it definitely showed in... Read More the finished product! They are not the type of videographers who will just come on your big day and press the record button. They are there with a goal in mind - to tell your story. And that is what we and our wedding guests witnessed! I have seen our extended SDE for about 10x now and I have cried every single time. Jennifer Mae really tried to know us personally so she knew the background of our love story. She knew that there was a story to tell and she delivered it with so much life and emotion. Before our wedding day, they asked us for our love story and our favorite artists. To our surprise, they used songs from the singers we listed down even though they weren't mainstream! Talk about tedious work! They even asked us for a copy of our proposal video. I was wondering why they needed it but lo and behold, they were able to connect it to our wedding day video which added even more "awwws" and "aaahs" to it! These guys are really amazing! On our wedding day, we were expecting two videographers as we have discussed. BUT they came with an additional videographer which made them even more awesome! All of them were very nice and accommodating. They made the nervous bride and groom feel comfortable and at ease. They even took better photos than our actual photographer! Months after our wedding, we were expecting to receive a plain dvd with an handwritten title on it. We were so wrong. As soon as we arrived to their office, we were given not just one but 8 copied of our wedding DVD nested in a basket of goodies - popcorn, chocolates, candies and so much more! They said it was something for us to enjoy while watching our wedding video! Wow! Thank you Jennifer Mae and Chris! We were not the only ones who made the right choice in choosing you as our wedding videographers! "The Knot" was also right in hailing you as videographers of the year! We will always have a wonderful remembrance for our wedding day because of you. Your talent, professionalism and passion will always make you the best among the rest! :)

Best people to capture your special moments

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 janice j

Very simply put, you will not find a photographer/videographer team with: 1. more jaw dropping technical talent; 2. a higher quality of work product; 3. a more selfless and determined work ethic; 4. more out of the box creative thinking; 5. a higher level of... Read More initiative and drive to capture the perfect shot; 6. genuine passion for making a video that is unique to your story; 7. the high priority they give to you as a client ensuring you get the video you want; or 8. more personal investment in you as a couple. These simple words are merely inadequate in truly describing the professional quality of the distinctive video you will receive, the special experience you will have with Major Diamond Productions investing in you as a couple, or the depth of beauty that exudes from their sincerely passionate team. Chris’s musical aptitude and Jennifer Mae’s visionary ideas (in addition to the editing, work ethic, passion, and personal investment from their entire team) will leave you with 0 regrets and one phenomenal, memorable, and bad-ass video. Whether it is a save the date trailer, a same date edit, a proposal video, or your entire wedding photography/videography – I WOULD NOT TRUST ANYONE ELSE WITH THESE SPECIAL MOMENTS. We used a ton of vendors throughout our wedding planning process, and -truly- few people will leave you so impressed. It is a great pleasure that I write this review for them as they are phenomenal videographers, and even better people. Save yourself the time and hassle of looking for other folks - and just sit down with them at a coffee shop to discuss your vision, let them show you their portfolio and how they can turn your dreams into a reality. Totally worth every second and tightly budgeted penny.

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Abigail

Jennifer and Chris are awesome. COMPLETELY blew my mind away with the amount of detail and care put into our wedding. From the very first phone call, to the most recent update, Major Diamond Productions has been outstanding with their genuine love of helping couples capture... Read More their biggest moment of their lives through film and photography. Yes we ended up booking them for both our photos and our video, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I was skeptical at first because having the same vendor handle both responsibilities of photos and video seemed daunting. I couldn't have been more wrong! It was PERFECT. It was great because since the photo and video teams were the same vendor, no one was fighting for our attention! What separates Jennifer and Chris from the other vendors (we've talked to and met with probably 5 others before choosing MDP) was their real attention to detail. I know I've stated this before, but I can't stress this enough. They get into your heads! During our first meeting, we discussed what we wanted, how it could be done, what we enjoyed doing, how we came across them (Robert and Darlene!!), what they thought could work, what packages they offered...and we just talked for hours! We had to stop because they had to pick up their little champ from school, but what we discussed during that time never left their minds. Given we didn't ask for much, they gave a whole lot! We had a Same Day Edit as well, and watching the video during the reception was probably one of the highest points of our day (save the vows and whole marriage thing ;) ). One thing that stands out from our SDE was their use of our kiss cam footage. Being on the kiss cam for some couples is a huge deal, like it is for us, and having them tie it into our SDE was so cool. I can go on about how awesome their set ups are (great use of the camera rail), how awesome their crew is, how great their flexibility is, how great their packages are, and so forth, but I'm sure you get the idea. Major Diamond Productions captured our wedding perfectly, and I hope you find the same satisfaction with them as I did!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Amanda T

JenMae and Chris, if we could invite them to our wedding next time, we would! They blended so much with our wedding party, we thought they were a part of our life long friends (as they might be now). We had the pleasure of seeing their work at two of our other friends weddings... Read More this year and decided that they were a must have. You get what you pay for- they are awesome, personable, friendly, and no matter what, they will make sure they take those seconds on your wedding day to make sure that you are getting the most of your day. I remember Jennifer Mae stopped me in my tracks two or three times during the day to say- "this is the last moment before you see you husband. Take all the time you need", or "this is YOUR day, you tell me exactly what you want," Despite our other vendors being a little shake-y, we relied on Major Diamond to produce exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. They are amazing! No Regrets!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Connie I

Major Diamond Productions (Jen and Chris Watters) are the absolute best wedding video "storytellers" EVER! I can't just say videographers because they take a beautiful, magical day and tell the story in video that we can keep forever!! Jen and Chris, with their warm,... Read More endearing personalities and incredible talent, captured our special day perfectly. They even went WAY above and beyond to surprise us by including the grandfather of the bride (my dad) in the same day edit video after he was sadly unable to attend the wedding due to emergency surgery. This MOB is getting teary-eyed just thinking of it!! I can't say enough good about this team! They are truly the best!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Jennifer I

After attending a wedding several years back and seeing one of their amazing same-day-edits, I knew I had to book Major Diamond for my wedding someday. Years passed by and I got engaged and I called them right away. They are so professional, and so fun. Also, on the day of Jen... Read More has a great way of making you feel calm and comfortable. Not only did they capture our day perfectly, but they put serious thought and care into our same day edit. My grandpa unexpectedly had open heart surgery the week before our wedding and my family was heartbroken that he wouldn't be able to make it. Jen and Chris went out of their way to help my extended family members video tape him and included a sweet, surprise message from him in our same-day-edit. We were all immediately in tears. It meant so much to us and I will never forget the thought, heart, and hard work that they put into our video. They are so busy, but still made time to put that extra special touch into our same day edit! We love them and love their work!!!!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Got to admit, the truth behind the driving force is, drumroll please........... YOU! All these two really care about is you. We recently got married, and honestly, a little turmoil with the coordination, but honestly, Jen-Mae and Chris were the the two who made everything work.... Read More We paid top dollar for a great photographer but in reality, it was our videographer who calmed us down. Kudos to Chris and Jen Mae. Great work!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Jason V

Love, love, love Major Diamond. They truly get to know their clients and tailor their videos to their personalities. We used them for our wedding in August 2015 and we cannot wait to see our video! Although we haven't seen it yet, I know it's going to be amazing after seeing our... Read More best friends video last year. Working with Chris and Jennifer Mae truly made our day that much more fun! Much love to them and what they do!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Maria M

Honestly, when looking for a videographer for our wedding we looked at all the videographers that did same day edits. It was one of the items we had to make sure we had in our wedding. The first time I heard about Major Diamond Productions was when I attended a wedding in... Read More Truckee where my now husband performed. I remember near the end of the wedding they aired the same day edit and from there I was blown away. At the time, it was a few years before my husband proposed, but I still managed to get a business card from Jennifer for future reference. Then three years later, my husband proposed and the first thing I did aside from enjoying being a newly engaged woman was to make sure that Major Diamond Productions were available for our date. Lucky for me, they were. Everything from communicating with them on the phone and email went smoothly. The day of the wedding was perfect. They captured every detail, the perfect moments, and for sure were able to amaze all of our guests with the same day edit. Jennifer and Chris are easy to get along with. They will make you and your entourage feel comfortable. They are such a fun couple! I am so happy that we went with Major Diamond Production. It was one of the best decisions we've made in the wedding planning process.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lisa C

Jennifer and her team were a true pleasure to work with. You can tell that she truly loves what she does. I first saw Major Diamond Prodcutions work when a friend used them for their wedding and I was amazed at what great work they create and how they capture all the special... Read More moments. As soon as we started the wedding planning I contacted Jennifer and she was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. she made the process easy and fun and it felt like another friend at the wedding and not a vendor. I can not wait to see the final piece. Thank you Major Diamond Productions!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Katia D

My groom and I could never have imagined a better team to go through our wedding day with! Major Diamond is professional, warm, enthusiastic and talented! After booking, we went back and forth and got to know each other, our stories and felt absolutely comfortable in who was... Read More going to capture our wedding day. However, as great and as comfortable as we felt going into our big day, we were blown away by how wonderful they were!! My groom was completely comfortable with Chris and he went along with all of their shenanigans as they got ready. Jennifer was absolutely wonderful at my home, not only was she there to capture everything, but I felt as if I had a friend with me when I needed space, a quiet moment or a reminder to breathe and smile because I was marrying the man of my dreams. By the end of the day, we had not only confirmed that we hired the best in the business to capture our day, but we also gained a friendship and special memories with them that we will carry with us forever. Thank you Jennifer and Chris!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Choosing Major Diamond Productions was the best decision we had made for my wedding. We had contacted a couple of videographers recommended by our friends before reaching out to Major Diamond. We read a lot of good reviews on The Knot as well as on yelp. So our expectation was... Read More not low. But after we had a chance to drop by their office and talk to them, we were still so impressed. Chris and Jennifer are extremely friendly, professional and approachable. And they are very flexible for the package and tried their best to accommodate all kinds of changes. As many had said, they were there with a goal in mind - to tell our story. They treated us like friends and tried to know us as much as they can. My wife and I went to Cal and we were surprised to find out Chris, Jennifer and their assistant (sorry i forgot his name) all went to Cal. They also recommended a couple of good places around for us to take some casual photos by ourselves.​ On the wedding day, we were impressed again. They are not only passionate videographers but also fantastic organizers. In addition to everything we expected from professional videographers, they guided us on how to pose nicely and organized our guests to create all kinds of interesting clips. Chris even brought a drone to help capturing video from a unique perspective. Yes. A drone! And the day after, we coincidentally ran into them at San Francisco City Hall. They helped us and filmed a few more clips for us just like friends. ​​We highly recommend Major Diamond Productions. The only concern is their schedule is extremely busy. So call them as early as possible. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Natalie L

I can begin to say how great they were and how well our video turned out! They are not only amazing people, but they captured us and the day perfectly! They helped work with us and made sure we didn't miss having anything in the video we might want. They were a pleasure to have... Read More around for the day, which is so important. When we got our video the presentation with snacks and a card was adorable and thoughtful. I would recommend them 100 time over!! Fabulous!

Cannot wait!

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Allison N

I cannot wait to receive our wedding video from this team of videographers. They truly were so fun to work with. When searching for a videographer to capture the most important day of your life, it is not easy. Well, Jennifer and Chris made it easy. They are a husband and... Read More wife team who know how to work together to capture every angle and special moments together. They work for you. They listen to what you and your fiance say to really put together a story of what you can only dream of. While I can't wait to receive the video, we purchased a package with a same day edit to be played at our reception. Jennifer worked so hard to make sure our video was more than I could have expected. Chris not only has the best equipment to capture the fun, but if you let him, he will break it down on the dance floor. When he says he has the moves.... trust him, he does! Our video I know will be truly special and something I will watch for all the years ahead. It made me so anxious for whats still ahead from this husband and wife team. Thank you!!! #thatwaseasy

Where's the 10 star button?!

Reviewed on 11/15/2014

Jennifer Mae, Chris, and their entire crew are beyond professional, personable, and talented. They're simply amazing! They were wonderful to work with for many reasons. They have a great eye for capturing such a special day. They're professional and always find ways to... Read More accommodate their clients. Their final products are mind blowing! We knew they would be the photographers and videographers we wanted to hire the second we started watching their Same Day Edits on their blog. This is a team you would regret not hiring!

Filmmaker quality for your wedding! A product you will cherish.

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Teresa K

Jennifer Mae, Chris and their team are not your typical wedding videographers - they are true filmmakers, and top quality ones at that. They will get to know you as a couple and your unique story and what will come out of it is a cinematic beauty of a film that you will... Read More cherish. We were blown away by our same day preview, and then hired them many times to tell the stories of children at a charity that is near and dear to our hearts. Each film they produce is touching, beautiful and a joy to behold. Jennifer Mae, Chris and their team are the kind of people you feel honored to know, and their love for their work, and for people in general shows in all that they do. As for the wedding day, they are very talented at capturing all the best moments without you even realizing that they are there - one of the most important qualities in a wedding videographer or photographer. Speaking of photography, some of our most beautiful shots came from them as they also capture a few stills while they are filming. Another thing that sets them apart is the unique camera angles they choose. Watch their previews and you will see what I mean. That is one of the things that provides the cinematic type beauty as apposed to just a video of your wedding. I feel so fortunate that they have dedicated their business to providing quality filmmaking to capture some of the most precious moments of a couples life together. If you hire then, I am sure you will feel the same way. In my opinion, they are not even in the same league as other wedding video companies. You will be very happy you hired them!

Loving creativity

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Major Diamond is wonderful. I don't know what else to say to start a review. People talk about having a photographer's eye. Jennifer Mae not only has that but she has tremendous emotional insight. They don't just record beautiful images of the wedding, they created a story... Read More that draws out the essence of our relationship. My wife and I were overwhelmed when we viewed the video for the first time and every time since. Jennifer, Chris and their crew are so good that after seeing the first small video we asked them to delay our full video so that they could work with us on documenting issues faced by youth in the developing world and solutions to this issues. This is a passion of my wife and I. Jennifer brought that same empathy that she used in our wedding videos and she and her crew totally identifies the issues and opportunities. They created breathtaking compelling videos. We loved working with Major Diamond and they were by far the easiest to work with of all the vendors involved in our wedding. I simply can't say enough good things about them and we continue our relationship with them on our non profit work.

Best videographer out there :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Marissa W

Jennifer, Chris and Christine were amazing!! I'm so blessed they were a part of our wedding and captured all of our special moments! They were right there for everything. I couldn't of chosen a better team to video our day! I loved that we went in and met them before the wedding... Read More so they could get to know us. Jennifer was amazing, I didn't have a day of planner so she put together a timeline for me to help me have my day run smoother. I was so happy she was willing to help me with this :) I had so many compliments of how great they were from all of my guests! I would highly recommend major diamond productions, you will NOT be disappointed. I know I wasn't!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Emily M

We used MDP for our video for our August wedding & couldn't have been happier! I was planning the wedding remotely, so had to truly go off internet reviews when picking my vendors. First of all, I wasn't sure if I wanted to splurge for the video - wasn't in our original... Read More budget. With that said, I am SOOO glad that we did! It was definitely worth it & I would encourage anyone on the fence about having video to go for it. Such a wonderful thing to be able to look back and watch later on. It is also great for some of our family & friends that weren't able to attend the wedding. So so glad that I chose MDP - everything about the day was great. I had so much confidence in their ability & the got some amazing shots. You truly do get what you pay for! Would definitely recommend!

Awesome Videographer!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jessica H

From our first conversation to our wedding, Major Diamond Productions was very congenial and professional. They worked with us to make sure we would have beautiful memories of our special day. Their many years of experience were evident. They directed us smoothly to ensure... Read More great footage while being gentle and supportive in the process. We really enjoyed that they worked well in tandem with our other vendors, which we've heard from other bride and grooms that this isn't always the case. We are so glad that they did our wedding videographer. We know without a doubt the product we will get will be AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Christine

I was the maid of honor at my best friend's wedding and it was such a wonderful day. It seemed to go by so fast but thankfully she hired the Major Diamond Productions team to capture it in video. I loved sitting down with her, her husband and family to watch their wedding DVDs.... Read More It was so cool being able to relive the day by watching the awesome highlight video as well as the full ceremony and toasts. The DVDs were really nice, too! My friend loves how Major Diamond made their DVDs look so professional- like they are movie stars in their own beautiful love story. The highlight really captured the essence of the day. It was perfect in every way and I am so happy for my friend. :)

The BEST videographers EVER!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Maria M

Where is the 10 star button? 😃 My husband and I hired Major Diamond Production as our photographers and videographers for our wedding. Jennifer Mae & Chris are both extremely talented and passionate at what they do. From the time we met with them, we felt so thankful for having... Read More had the opportunity to work with them. From our engagement photos to our Same Day Edit, everything turned out spectacular. I would highly recommend them!

Can't stop crying happy tears!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Jessica K

Jennifer Mae and Chris were very easy to work with on the day of our wedding and in the process leading up to it. They even stayed longer than we contracted, due to some drawn out toasts from our loved ones at the reception. As a photographer myself, I have always felt the... Read More photography and videography at a wedding is the MOST important thing and the only thing that remains after the day. The dress is stored, food has been eaten, flowers have died, but the still and moving images are what remains. I am so incredibly happy that my husband and I found Major Diamond Productions! The final product did take a year to receive (the only thing I would change), but the wait was totally made worth it with the final product. I love to watch the highlight video over and over, and I am always crying within 20 seconds from the start. Worth every penny!

The people you want filming your wedding

Reviewed on 10/20/2013

Well let me first start this review by saying, I know my wedding wasn't the easiest to film. I had gotten sick during the reception of my wedding and Jennifer made magic happen. Some how she got all the vendors to put on a mini tradition ( cake cutting, first dance, father... Read More daughter dance ect...) to all happen in my bridal suit with my closets loved ones. She was accommodating, and actually cares about the people whom wedding she shoots. It meant alot to me that she was willing to practically do anything for me. Now lets get to the good stuff, thus far I have only seen my " same day edit" and i fell in love. They captured our personalities in the video to perfection. And they have some awesome editing skills. I can not wait until i see my wedding video. They are the best photographers i could ask for.

Amazing Production, Amazing People- Simply the Best

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 David S

Major Diamond Productions (MDP) was absolutely fantastic. The same day edit- amazing. Collecting tons of creative and beautiful shots throughout the day, they edited together a mini-movie in just a few hours and showed it by the end of the reception. Being able to sit back,... Read More relive and soak up all the precious moments and emotions of that rush of a day- it was just awesome. The video captured who we are as a couple and all the raw emotions of the wedding perfectly. (They were even able to throw in a clip that my family secretly filmed of our engagement!) It left nary a dry eye that day and even still gets me to tear up- and I’m just the groom! It’s truly amazing to revisit the wedding day not just in photos, but in video; and not just plain camcorder video, but top-notch, stunning, superbly edited video. I can’t wait for them to finish editing the rest of the footage. But until then, the same day edit will hold me over just fine! And not only was the end result incredible, but the process and the individuals putting it all together were great as well. Jen, Chris, and Julian were all very friendly, professional, and fun. Chris and Julian arrived at my house early in the day to film the groom prep, being even more punctual than my groomsmen! Meanwhile Jen filmed all the bride prep happenings. They stuck around throughout the day, from very beginning til very end to grab all the shots they could, from prep, to door-breaking games and tea ceremony, to photo shoot time, ceremony, reception, and send-off. Yet it never felt as though they were in the way or distracting from the experience and emotions. They’re experts at being able to grab creative shots without seeming to interfere. It’s tough to balance, but they knew just when to direct us in order to create a beautiful shot or moment and also when to take a more hands off approach to capture the magic that was already happening. For any wedding planners out there, from my perspective there’s no need to stress over whether to get videography or whom to choose. Looking back now, having video, especially of the peerless quality Major Diamond’s really just priceless! All the planning was indeed stressful at times, but the day itself was incredible. And the video especially highlights that, allowing us to vividly remember all those cherished moments. It just makes the whole day seem magical! With MDP, Jen and the team really did create for us a work of art as exquisitely beautiful as a diamond, one we can watch over and over and forever remember all our planning as culminating in nothing less than a major victory! All in all, Major Diamond is amazing. They are great people who work hard and absolutely love what they do. They really make it YOUR day, and they truly make it unforgettable. You can’t go wrong with them. They won’t let you down. They are simply the best!