Making the Hudson Valley pretty one face at a time

MakeUp By Marcy will provide services on location to make your day perfect and convenient. My goal is simple...to enhance your features specializing in the art of color. I will listen to your needs and follow through with a flawless face. That is my promise! Airbrushing is available upon request.

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

Hudson Valley, NY

Reviewed on 7/25/2016 Susan D

Look no further!! My daughter went for a trial with 'Marcy. She was brought to tears when she saw herself in the mirror. We booked her on the spot!! She travelled down to Pearl River Hilton and did the bridesmaids, mother of the groom, myself and the bride!!! She made us all... Read More feel so comfortable and relaxed. What compliments we all received!!! Again, look no further!!! Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Laura M

My son was getting married at West Hills in Middletown NY and I found Marcy on this site. I contacted her, advised that I needed someone to come to my hotel for my elderly mother, myself, and one or two guests for makeup. Since I am not a big makeup person I really needed... Read More direction here. I was so comfortable talking with March from the beginning. She was professional, informative, and understanding. I booked a trial with her and that is when I was TOTALLY floored by her talent with makeup. I looked in the mirror, fake eyelashes and all, and could not believe how beautiful it came out. I like neutral colors, the ivory girl look and she nailed it. I booked her right a way for our wedding. On the day of the wedding she arrived at our hotel room right on time, coffee in hand and ready to work. I requested airbrushing for that day and it came out flawlessly. I am an older woman, mother of the groom with many "laugh lines". I cannot count the amount of complilments I received on my makeup that day. If you are looking for that special someone for your wedding, March is the woman to choose. She is dependable, keeps in good contact, is on time, and does what she says she is going to do. In todays world, that business savvy is getting harder and harder to find. I highly recommend you call March and see for y ourself.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Bonnie G

I selected Marcy because of all the great reviews on the Knot about her. I didn't have a chance to meet her before my wedding but I knew she would do a great job and she did. I was very happy with her services. My make-up looked beautiful, and my mother-in-law loved her make-up... Read More as well. She was on time and extremely nice and friendly. She made me feel at ease right away. I would definitely recommend her to any one looking for a true professional

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Mel G

My mother booked my appointment with Marcy for my brothers wedding due to time and my mothers health we did not have trials. I am not a make-up person and related that to Marcy and she 100% accommodated my feelings on make-up and dint go over board. My make up was elegant yet... Read More suttle to my personality. Neither myself or my mother needed to touch up our make-up all day. We received many compliments. Marcy is reliable and pleasant to work with.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Mary Q

I was lucky enough to book Marcy for myself and my daughter for my sons wedding. From the very first phone call from Marcy I felt so comfortable with her and knew I made the right choice in picking Makeup by Marcy. Because of health problems with myself I wasn't able to have a... Read More trial appt but Marcy reassured me that it would be okay and she was right. Marcy showed up a little early which was perfectly fine the day of the wedding and from the moment she walked in the door I know I made the right decision my daughters make up came out beautiful as well as mine and neither one of us had to touch anything up the entire day. If you want your special day to be stress-free and perfect then you need to use Marcy. She is professional , kind , on time and so reasonably priced so don't waste anytime looking for anybody else pick up that phone and make your appointment now you will be glad you did!! Thanks again Marcy!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Laurie B

This is the one!!!! Marcy is by far the most talented makeup artist ---anywhere!!!! We were not able to have a practice session due to an unexpected medical situation. Marcy was tremendously kind and understanding and met us for the first time at the hotel before the... Read More wedding. My makeup was breathtaking --as everyone told me all day long. Marcy used the most attractive colors to highlight my blue eyes and made me feel like a princess! She also did makeup for my maid of honor who does not normally wear makeup. Marcy did her makeup in a lovely, subtle manner. She also looked truly wonderful. I will never be able to thank her enough for doing such lovely work. Marcy is perfectly professional and will help you to feel relaxed and ready for your special day. There is no one better! I will happily share pictures from our wedding (as soon as they arrive) so everyone will be able to see Marcy's beautiful work!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Karyn V

After much research, I found my make up artist! Make up by Marcy was amazing! She was so great to work with from pre-trial to wedding day! She helped make my wedding day seamless. She transforms every day make up face to bride beautiful. She talks to you, to see what look you... Read More are looking for and then make it glamorous for that special day. I could not have been happier to have chosen Make up by Marcy to be part of my wedding team! She is punctual and does not rush. She stuck around for any needed touch ups after hair was complete. She is a professional and I recommend every bride should give Make up by Marcy a call. I will recommend her to all friends tying the Knot or any other event that calls for a professional make up artist! She is the best hands down!! Thank you Marcy for making me bride beautiful!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jamie M

Marcy is an amazing makeup artist! My wedding was this past Friday and we all looked stunning because of her! She did me, all of my bridesmaids makeup and the moms. I went for a trial about a month before my wedding and fell in love with Marcy because of how down to earth, sweet... Read More and how she wouldn't let me leave until I felt everything was perfect! I was making the trip from Brooklyn so I hoped it would be worth my while. She exceeded my expectations. She even went above and beyond and later that week texted me about a new lip color she got specifically for me that she thought I would love! I can't rave enough about her. Her patience, kindness and professionalism is overwhelming. We all looked beautiful on my wedding day because of her! Thank you Marcy for making me feel like a princess on my big day!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016

Marcy ws the makeup professional for the daughter's wedding, yesterday, July 3, 2016. Professional, Personable, Talented, AWESOME. Highly recommended - there is no one better!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Elizabeth P

Marcy is great! She did my make up on my wedding day. And It turned out perfect! Marcy also did the make up for my 5 bridesmaids & my mom. Everyone was happy with the results. Pre wedding, she was very easy to work with and reach as well. I would highly recommend her.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016

Marcy is so talented and very professional! My mom and I found her on this website and contacted her once we read all the wonderful reviews. We called her to make an appointment for a trial for my prom. From the moment we spoke to her, we were so impressed how professional... Read More she is and we knew she was going to be great! She makes you feel at home from the moment you walk in. She is so friendly and has such a wonderful and cheerful personality. She listens to you and makes you feel like your special day is the most important thing to her. I left the makeup all up to her and WOW! It was so beautiful!! It was elegant and flawless! I didn’t know what to expect but, I can’t recommend her enough! The shades she chose and how she applied the makeup was so amazing! My mom and I were completely happy and we left that day feeling like we were on Cloud 9! I can’t imagine how I am going to feel on the actual day of my prom! I received so many compliments that day and all of my friends were asking who did my makeup. Marcy is definitely worth it! She will make you look and feel like a Princess!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016

Hello everyone! My name is Ashley and my mother and I just had our trial with Marcy 7/14/16. She is wonderful! I knew from the first time we spoke and texted back and forth that she was the one to do our makeup. Marcy makes you feel so comfortable and right at home. She has... Read More trials in her own home and its beautiful. She has a great set up. Also, don't be afraid to tell Marcy what you what or if you want to change something with your makeup because she listens 100%. She wants you to be happy and feel even more beautiful on your special day! I can't wait for my bridesmaids to meet her and for us to look fabulous the day of my wedding! Thank you Marcy!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016 Katie K

As soon as I met Marcy I knew I was in good hands. She was welcoming and made me feel very comfortable during my trial. She listened to my needs and made me look and feel beautiful. I can wait to have Marcy's fun and bubbly personality with me on the morning of my wedding day!

Reviewed on 4/07/2016 Christina D

I met with Marcy about a week ago for my trial appointment. She was warm and welcoming and I instantly felt relaxed. For the past year I've been suffering from acne and and a result I have a ton of acne dark spots. Something that has been a big concern for me especially with my... Read More wedding right around the corner. Marcy assured me she would have no trouble covering them. When she was finished with my makeup and gave me a mirror to see, I immediately filled up with tears! I couldn't see any of my acne dark spots and I had never looked more beautiful!! I immediately booked her for my wedding day. Not only is she amazing as a makeup artist but she's sweet, caring and easy to talk to. Someone I want there with me on the morning of my big day!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2016

I selected Marcy because we shared the same geographical area. I crossed my fingers hoping I had made a good selection. During our conversation, I knew I had connected with someone who was eager to provide optimal service. During the make-up session, Marcy explained step-by-step... Read More was she was doing and while she offered suggestions, she also allowed for my taste and personality to shine. It was the perfect balance. In the end, face transformed and enhanced, I was delighted I chose Marcy. I was glowing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Olivia H

Marcy has done my makeup numerous times. Such as Weddings that I have been in along with many gala events I have attended. Each time Marcy always gives me a flawless makeup application along with makeup that can stay on all evening. No matter what my desired look she applies... Read More the makeup perfectly each time. I look forward to more functions Marcy, will definitely be my makeup artist of choice!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Susan

I can't thank Marcy enough for all the compliments my sister (the God Mother) and I (the Mother of the Bride) were given at my daughters wedding. Our makeup looked fantastic, and Marcy took all the time she needed to ensure what we wanted was exactly how our make up was done.... Read More I can't express enough how wonderful she is and above all extremely talented in make up. I highly recommend her and can't wait to use her services again. P.S. Make sure you book her early, so you don't miss out on getting the best !!!!!!!!

Makeup

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Nicole M

I got married on October 4th and was so pleased with my makeup and my bridal party's makeup. I looked up different vendors on The Knot for makeup and Marcy got back to me right away while other vendors never even returned my phone call. I feel that is so important since it's... Read More very easy to become overwhelmed when planning a wedding. From the first time I spoke to Marcy I knew that I would love working with her. Marcy is so personable and easy going. When I had my trial done everyone loved my makeup as did I and I couldn't wait to see what I was going to look like the day of my wedding. I would definitely recommend Marcy to anyone who needed their makeup done for any kind of event.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Jessica S

My name is Jess, and Marcy hired me to be part of her team. I am very impressed with Marcy's professionalism and her passion to make every bride look and feel beautiful. She has been my mentor and has taught me a lot in terms of "customer service" She goes above and beyond for... Read More her brides and their attendants. She is very fair with me and allows me to have my own creativity with hair. She makes everyone feel comfortable and does a awesome makeup application. No need to have any doubts here, Marcy is your girl for all your beauty needs!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Angela H

"Talented & Professional" Marcy, has done my makeup in the past for proms, senior pictures, and weddings I attended. She truly is the BEST always sweet and nailed my look for me everytime! I never needed a trial. I knew with just one pinterest picture she would know exactly... Read More what I wanted. She will forever be my makeup artist and I adore her.

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

I found Marcy online and did a make-up and hair trial with her and Judy. When it came to the day of the wedding, they arrived on-site to the hotel for hair and make-up for myself and my party. They made us look beautiful and were very professional! They were also flexible in... Read More terms of getting people ready at different times. I highly recommend Marcy and Judy! They made us feel comfortable and we all looked gorgeous!!

Wedding Coordinator Favorite

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

I am a professional Wedding Planner in the Hudson Valley, and in 2015, I contracted Marcy to do hair and makeup for three of my bridal parties. She is always professional, always quick to respond to phone calls and email, and can be counted on to deliver exactly what the bride,... Read More and her party ask for. Marcy, is very talented and extremely organized and she has amazing hair stylists on her team as well. On the day of the wedding's, Marcy and her team show up right on time, are very efficient, and all of the brides, and bridal parties were extremely happy with her services. She is the first person I call when I have an event in the area, and I plan on doing just that for many events already booking for 2016. I highly recommend Makeup By Marcy for the Hudson Valley and Westchester area. Sandra O'Connell

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Kathleen M

I just got married on Sept 19 in Roscoe, NY. Marcy did the makeup for me, my bridesmaids and my mom - and what a wonderful job she did! She was so sweet and professional and this girl knows what she's doing! I highly recommend her!!!! Thank you for all you did to make me feel... Read More beautiful on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 monika c

marcy is very accommodating. a very happy and positive person that you need around you the day of the wedding. i don't think marcy's pictures do her justice. marcy is superb at her work. i did a trial with marcy and she went for a very flawless porcelain look on me, which i... Read More wasn't too crazy about. the reality is everyone wants a specific look so you should speak up. i had asked her to edit some features and the final look was superb. i had done 3 other trials with other vendors before trying Marcy. i looked perfect on the day of the wedding (mind you i struggle with acne scars). i was so happy with the makeup and it lasted from 8am to 3am. the only touchups i had to do was lips and later in the evening added more blush but thats normal. i highly recommend Marcy!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Ashley M

Marcy is a very talented makeup artist who is professional, punctual, and so friendly! Every girl dreams about what she wants to look like on her wedding day, and Marcy makes those dreams a reality. She gave me such an elegant, timeless look that I absolutely loved. The makeup... Read More photographed beautifully, felt light while wearing it and lasted all night! All of my bridesmaids looked stunning as well! I would recommend Marcy to any bride looking for an amazing makeup artist to get that perfect look!

Marcy Horton

Hello, I am Marcy my love for makeup started at a young age. I was always experimenting with color and enhancing my features. I started doing makeup for fun and as a side hobby. But, I quickly realized it was more then just a hobby it was my passion. I started to get jobs by personal references & moved on to working many salons around The Hudson Valley. The whole time educating myself with classes at MAC in Soho, NY. In 2012, I was ready to create "Makeup By Marcy" I never looked back. I love doing weddings! I feel honored & blessed to be part of the most special day in a girls life.