Hair | Makeup | Lashes | Brows

16 years as a professional makeup artist. Clients like: Oprah, TLC, HBO, Lifetime, Food Network, Cooking Channel and more... Weddings, engagements, bridal portraits, and boudoir are all available. Owner of Glow Beauty & Brows in Ballantyne. Thicker, longer, more beautiful lashes with lash extensions. First to introduce the Beauty Bar to NC, a mobile beauty bar for your reception to pamper your lady guests and help stay flawless all night. *Licensed tattoo artist, offering semi- permanent brows that last 12-18 months. If you wash your face and your brows disappear, call me. Talented plus genuine and will make your wedding day everything you dreamed of. Awards and magazine features. Bridal team available for large parties. Book now! xo

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Beauty

9852 Rea Rd, Charlotte, NC (786) 546-2656

katie makes miracles

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Erin D

i hired katie to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day, as well as all my bridesmaids' hair. SHE WAS AWESOME! first, katie is super sweet and very patient. she works with you until you're absolutely sure you're happy with the end result. i am not in any way a makeup... Read More expert, so i also appreciated that she gave her honest opinion to help me make my decisions easier. we did a trial run for my hair and makeup, which i scheduled on the same day as my bachelorette night out to give it a really good test. i couldn't believe how amazing i felt. i'm not good with makeup and i always fail at doing my hair, so katie made me feel like a movie star. i felt so beautiful that i wanted to keep my look a secret from my fiancé until the wedding, so i made him stay closed up in our office while i got ready for the party. AND my hair and makeup by far stood the test by the end of the night! the day of the wedding, katie arrived bright and early with all her gear and immediately got to work. she kept right to her schedule and never went overtime. she also applied all my girls' faux lashes for them. every girl was extremely happy and katie got along great with everyone. i absolutely recommend using katie, she was worth every penny. i have never in my life felt more beautiful than when she made me up! thank you, katie!

2014-10-30T16:06:12 Response from the vendor

Erin! What a wonderful review...thank you so much. It was my pleasure working with you and I'm blown away by your kind words. xo

Best hair & makeup, hands down!

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Lua J

Katie really is the best! I contacted her very very close to my wedding date to do my hair and makeup. From the moment I first filled out an inquiry on her site, she was so thorough and professional. I had such a case of bridal brain, always forgetting things, so thank God she... Read More was so organized. We talked over the phone and initially I had wanted to do a test for my hair just because I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted or what would look good on me. She talked things over and gave me some ideas of what she could do. She followed up by sending me some photos of past work along the lines of what I had mentioned and she nailed it. We were on the same page, so no run through needed (which was great considering how close the wedding was). Seeing some of her photos and talking with her, I had complete confidence that she would do a great job, and she did. She did an unbelievable job. She was super punctual and finished in the time she had said. She even helped my maid of honour with the veil. I wish I could upload some pictures with this review because the hair in particular was awesome. Just using bobby pins she did this cool twisty thing in the back with curls off to one side. Both the hair and makeup still looked great by the end of the night (and I was sweating a lot). I got so many compliments. Even my photographer, who had just seen me for my engagement shoot a few weeks before, thought that I had put extensions in because my hair looked so much longer and fuller! The makeup was flawless as well. I have pretty uneven skin tone and texture and it came out looking great in person and in all of our photos. Katie was perfect and she did a perfect job. She made me look and feel so beautiful. I only wish I had met her sooner and had her do my hair and makeup for my engagement photos as well. I recommend her 200%, without any hesitation.

2014-09-03T18:02:08 Response from the vendor

Wow! Lua thank you so much for the kind words. This review is amazing and literally brought a tear to my eye. So happy I was able to work with you, thanks again!!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Danielle K

5 STAR HAIR AND MAKEUP ARTIST! Katie is truly an exceptional artist and professional in the field of hair and makeup, beyond that she is also such a fun and beautiful person to work with! Katie and her assistant Anna actively listened to what each bridesmaid and mother of the... Read More bride wanted and did just that while enhancing each woman's natural beauties and styles! As the Bride, I was IN LOVE with my hair and makeup! And as a bonus, they even allowed time at the end to do any last minute hair and makeup touch ups! I cannot thank Katie enough and would highly recommend her to any one!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Maggie L

Katie did an incredible job on hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party (plus moms!) on my wedding day. From the beginning, she was patient and flexible with scheduling and confirming our needs - we had a larger group with everyone getting different combinations of... Read More services. The detail and schedule she provided was so helpful in setting our timeline. I went in for a trial a few weeks before and was thrilled with the results - Katie took my simple description and few photos and created a look that fit my personal style to a tee and was even better than what I had in mind. On my wedding day, Katie and Rebekah helped make the morning a relaxing and positive experience! Everyone LOVED their results - in particular, most of us hadn't worn false lashes before and were amazed at how natural (but better!) they looked and felt. She finished ahead of time and even ended up styling a friend who hadn't been scheduled. Our hair and makeup lasted all night, through an outdoor ceremony, tons of photos and dancing. I can't recommend Katie highly enough - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amy J

Katie was awesome! Katie did my hair and makeup for my engagement photos ,as well as my bridal portrait, and on my wedding day. For my engagement photos I never thought I could look so good. My hair has never held curl for more than an hour or two, but Katie made it last all... Read More day. For my bridal portrait she worked patiently with me to recreate the image I had in my head, and she far exceeded anything I could have expected. As for the wedding day, it was weekend that Hurricane Matthew wrecked havoc. Katie was one of the first to arrive at the venue that morning to find it with no power. That didn't stop Katie from taking charge. She started doing makeup with the natural light and coordinated with the venue about generators. Despite the circumstances Katie still had my bridesmaids, my mother, and myself ready by the appointed time. Katie truly helped make the wedding, and was beyond fabulous during the whole wedding planning process. I am so happy Katie was recommended to me and I will recommend her to anyone I meet!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Janice G

WOW! WOW! WOW! Couldn't have been more pleased and satisfied with Katies work in every way!!! Her skill, professionalism, knowledge, management of services, demeanor, and passion exceeds all expectations!!! She certainly makes everyone Look & feel their absolute best on this... Read More most important and special day..

2016-10-30T17:37:49 Response from the vendor

This is a great review but I think the date was entered wrong, haha. I would love to know which Bride this is and thank you so much for this thoughtful, generous review.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jacqui J

Katie made everyone look and feel beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brittni F

I'm so, so happy that Katie was my selection for wedding day! She does everything - lashes, makeup, and hair! I used her for lashes a couple days before the wedding. It was my first experience with lash extensions and it couldn't have gone better. Katie is so sweet and polite!... Read More She explained the process to me, did a great job, and then talked me through cleaning & maintenance. I also used her for my makeup, all of my bridesmaids, as well as my mom and MIL - she got great reviews from everyone! I loved my look! She was on time (early even to set up) and was great to work with! :)

2016-10-25T14:32:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brittni! This is a lovely review. :)

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Ben E

Katie did a great job, was punctual, talented, creative, and flexible with scheduling. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Sarah N

Katie is great! She did my bridal hair and makeup and hair and makeup for my mom, mother-in-law, and bridesmaid; everyone looked beautiful! Katie was so friendly, she even offered to drop my mom and me off at the venue just down the street, so we wouldn't have to make more than... Read More one trip. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Elyssa B

Most importantly, Katie was prompt and efficient on wedding day. She got to the hotel near our venue early in the morning and really helped keep us all on schedule. All of us looked amazing. I loved my hair and make up day of. Her assistant, Lindsey, was great too. Katie was... Read More supportive and understanding during the planning process. My group could be tough because there were a few changes along the way. I actually appreciated when Katie told me we couldn't make anymore changes. Overall, you can definitely trust Katie. She knows what she's doing and you will definitely be happy with her.

2016-10-07T08:24:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you Elyssa. What a great review and explanation. Much appreciated!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Lindsey B

Katie from Makeup Your Face is seriously the best in the business!!! Her and her team had me and my bridesmaids looking flawless on my special day. The make up was perfection and she replicated exactly how I wanted my hair. I would not only use Katie and team again but recommend... Read More them to anyone!!! Thanks Katie for making the best day of my life even better!!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Suzanne L

Katie is the absolute best! I could not have pulled off my big day without her! I didn't have to worry about a thing. All of my girls, my mom and my mother-in-law looked absolutely stunning for my big day. My hair and makeup turned out amazing!!!!! I felt so pampered. Katie is... Read More so professional and friendly. I wish she could do my makeup every day!

2016-10-06T09:52:01 Response from the vendor

Yay! Thank you Suzie, very kind words. All the best xo

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Brianne R

I absolutely loved my hair and make up! I did a trial with Katie and unfortunately my hair fell after a few hours, but I told Kaite and she made sure that did not happen at the wedding! I danced all night long and you could barely tell by my hair! The only thing I would change... Read More is my fake eye lashes did not stay attached, but that could have been because I cried so much walking down the isle haha.

2016-10-05T20:21:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you Brianne. I'm glad your hair held up. Sorry about the lashes, its so hard on them with lots of tears. Wish I could super glue them haha. Cheers!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Sara H

Katie & the MakeUp Your Face girls were fabulous! Everybody in my wedding looked phenomenal. Katie was professional, on time, communicated effectively throughout the planning process & delivered on everything she promised. The Glow Bar at the reception was a huge success.... Read More Everyone loved it and she kept us looking fabulous all night long. Can't say enough good things about Katie and her staff. Thanks again!!

2016-09-07T06:00:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sara!!! So happy to have been a part of your very special day. Keep in touch and all the best! xo

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Sarah H

Katie and her Makeup Your Face team are fantastic! I really love hair and make up myself and can be very picky and detailed oriented. Katie was so patient with me as I constantly changed my mind, brought in new photos, and requested additional sessions. On wedding day, Katie and... Read More her team worked with each of the ladies in my family and all of the bridesmaids to make them glow even more from the inside out and give each woman a specific look that highlighted their best qualities and fit within my wedding design. The team worked to keep a very calm hair and make up space and were fantastic about staying on time to allow for photos. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and am so thankful to have Makeup Your Face as part of our team!

2016-07-15T09:57:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah!! I was so pleased with how everyone turned out. Gorgeous!! Hope to see you again one day.. many blessings xo

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Melanie K

Katie was great! She did my & my mom's H/MU, as well as my bridesmaid's MU. She was easy to work with, easy to get in touch with, accommodating, and extremely nice! I did a trial with her which was perfect. It really let me test out her products which were top-notch (I wish I... Read More could have my personal makeup last so well). The day-of she was right on time and ahead of schedule which was nice because she spent a little extra time at the end to touch our makeup up a bit. She also knows how to style hair well and make it look picture-perfect ready. I have medium length hair, so she styled mine half-way up which I really liked. It was simple and not overdone which was the look I was going for. My mom has shorter hair and I loved the way that turned out as well. Thanks Katie for making all of us look good day-of! -Melanie

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Chaely J

I could never say enough good things about Katie! She did my hair and makeup for my bridal portraits and I felt so beautiful, they turned out perfect. The week of my wedding, I found out that my hair dresser I had booked couldn't make the wedding. Katie immediately called her... Read More partner and made arrangements for them to come together that day. I was so relieved! On the day of the wedding, my bridesmaids, family members, and I all looked gorgeous and felt gorgeous. Aside from Katie's talent she was so easy to get along with and loves to listen to good music while she works. I would highly recommend her!!

2015-10-28T08:15:59 Response from the vendor

Chaely, I'm so glad we were able to take care of everyone. I feel blessed to have seen you walk down the aisle, you looked absolutely beautiful. Your mom is amazing, I'm so thankful she sent me my jacket, so very sweet of her. Plus... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Allison W

Katie is Amazing!!! There are so many things to say about Katie. First off, she is incredibly professional and helpful beyond what I would expect the normal parameters of her job to be. I was not able to do a hair trial before my wedding, but Katie was available to answer... Read More any and all the questions I had prior to the day of my wedding (day and night). Anyone who is thinking of using Katie for their wedding or any event, you can put your complete confidence in her. She is wonderfully amazing! Every bride wants to feel beautiful, amazing and special on their wedding day. Katie did that for me. She exceeded every expectation I had for that day. She truly made my bridal hair and makeup dreams come true! Katie, thank you. You are phenomenal! I truly hope and wish nothing but the best for you. You are wonderful... thank you again for making my 09-20-2015 a perfect day!!!

2015-10-18T20:24:10 Response from the vendor

Allison! Wow! What a review.... Thank you sooooo much. Your hair and bangs just did exactly what I wanted. All the best to YOU too.. xo

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Lauren B

I met Katie about 4 years ago on a stylized photo shoot. Her style and skill made such an impression on me that she was one of the first people I contacted when I got engaged. I had a trial with Katie in August and loved what we did, but a few weeks later changed my mind and she... Read More was so gracious with me making the change. I only felt comfortable and confident with Katie by my side on my wedding day. I have never felt so beautiful and wish I could get married every weekend! She only does beautiful, you can't go wrong picking Katie! Thank you for everything!!

2015-10-15T14:21:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren!! So glad you called me. Really means a lot that you remembered me. All the best! xo

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Molly C

I reached out to Katie after a friend of mine highly recommended her and I couldn't be more happy with choosing Katie for hair/makeup! She is so talented and she is also fun to be around. Always felt complete trust in Katie which decreased unwanted stress. You are the best,... Read More Katie! Thank you for everything!

2015-10-06T18:00:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Molly! Happy I was able to decrease the stress. Hope to see again soon. xo

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Megan W

Katie is amazing! There is really nothing more I can say. Megan

2015-10-06T18:01:15 Response from the vendor

and sometimes that's all you need. xo All the best to you and Rob!!

Awesome Work!

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Kellie W

Katie is fantastic; she answered all of my questions while I was looking for someone to work with and that's one of the reasons I chose her. She's also flexible and understands that things change when planning a wedding. I could not be happier with my hair and makeup and all of... Read More the other women who were with me. She made us look amazing.

2015-09-30T14:06:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kellie!!! It was our pleasure to be there and enjoy the day with you all. Much happiness xo

Absolutely Perfect!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Mariza R

Katie with Makeup Your Face did a fantastic job with hair and makeup for myself, my mother, and my sister on the day of my wedding. Everyone looked stunning. I have been a bridal stylist for 4 years now and knew I was in good hands from the start. She was on time, professional,... Read More fun, and incredibly talented! Thank you Katie for making me feel so beautiful on my big day!! I am so grateful!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Rebecca L

Katie was absolutely amazing! From the inquiry to the trial to the big day and all emails in between she was so kind and always got right back to me. I was nervous at my trial and she was so patient and worked with me and helped build my confidence so that on my wedding day I... Read More looked and felt like the gorgeous bride I was. I received so many compliments all day and night about my hair and makeup and I owe it all to Katie :) All my bridesmaids and flower girl were happy with their hair/makeup as well. Also, she travels to you which was a huge bonus for me! I didn't want to deal with traffic or anything causing us to be late so that was a major plus. Katie is wonderful and I definitely reccommend her to do your hair and makeup on your special day!

2015-08-19T09:29:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Becca! It was a great day getting you all ready stress-free. You were definitely a gorgeous Bride and I'm honored I was a part of it! All the best xo

Katie O'Neil

Award winning Hair & Makeup Artist for Bridal, TV, and film.