Malibou Lake Mountain Club

Agoura Hills, CA

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Cruise, Historic Venue, Park, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering

29033 West Lake Drive, Agoura Hills, CA (818) 536-3346

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Rachel M

We couldn’t have been happier with our wedding at Malibou Lake. It was such a gorgeous setting. All of our guests loved the outdoor ceremony and cocktails, and the room was perfect for us – a blank canvas for our bright and fun flowers and decor. Laura and the team from Truly... Read More Yours catering were fantastic at every step of the process. Anything we wanted to do/change/add/ask wasn’t a problem, even up until the evening before when we decided to move the ceremony into the shade. Taylor was amazing at the event, constantly check in on us at our sweetheart table, bringing us champagne before toasts, making sure we had cake to take home, etc. We got tons of compliments on the food. We were overwhelmed (in a good way!) with how many choices we had to choose from. Our wedding was a warm day, so the patio was a perfect spot for our guests to wait and drink lemonade before the ceremony. We put games on the lawn during the cocktail hour to entertain the kids (and some adults). It was also nice to have the large patio all night for those who wanted fresh air or to mingle at the bar away from the dance floor. Being able to bring in our own alcohol was a HUGE savings. We even brought our own soft drinks which was easy with a large order delivered from BevMo. The bartenders kept everyone happy all night. The ONLY thing that could be a negative is that the bride’s and groom’s rooms are pretty small. We had a small wedding party (3 on each side) so we were fine, but there wouldn’t be enough space if you were having a large party. Overall, this was the PERFECT venue for us. Our photos are beautiful and we had a wonderful wedding. I wouldn’t have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Liana N

We looked at various locations (online and in person) but after visiting Malibou Lake Mountain Club, we immediately chose this place for our wedding on March 10 because it’s such a beautiful location and because it had the most reasonable pricing compared to other locations.... Read More Laura was great to work with. She is very friendly and provided us with great customer service. Booking process was easy and throughout the wedding planning, any questions that I had, she would always answer. The day of the wedding, everything was so beautiful – location and all the setup (ceremony, reception, cocktail area). The food was super delicious – provided by Truly Yours Catering! Bartender did a great job. Day of manager was great to work with also. Our wedding turned out so beautiful!!! Everyone did a great job. All guests loved the location and kept asking how we found them. It truly is a hidden gem. I hope they get even more weddings. I highly recommend this location for any event.

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Nicole O

This was the most beautiful venue! Our guests could not stop gushing over how gorgeous it was. Laura was a wonderful help and made planning very easy. Her staff was incredible and made sure we were always taken care of . They even had to move the entire ceremony setup inside in... Read More a matter of minutes when it started to rain and it turned out beautifully. Overall, everything was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Meg G

We had our wedding at Malibou Lake Mountain Club on 11/6/16 and my husband and I couldn't be happier. Everything about it was great - the planning, the location, and the service. Laura was very helpful throughout the planning process, answered all of our questions, and... Read More walked us through the process very easily. She even gave a special tour to my mom while she was visiting from out of state, which my mom absolutely loved. For the actual wedding, the majority of our guests came in from out of town, and we had people approaching us throughout the night to tell us how lovely the location and venue was (there is new wood flooring in the reception area and it looks fantastic). We also received several compliments on the food, which was provided by their in-house catering, Truly Yours. The service from Truly Yours was also exceptional - special shoutout to our banquet captain, Dan, for constantly checking in on my husband and I to make sure we'd gotten food, and also sent us home with two extra meals just in case. Picking the venue for a wedding is an intimidating decision, but we were thrilled with MLMC. I can honestly say that our wedding day was perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you Laura and everyone at Malibou Lake!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 Kailie P

We fell in love with this venue, it was beautiful, local, reasonably priced, and rustic for our vintage theme. Unfortunately, working with the on site manager was not easy. Once we signed the contract, we were not treated like we were worthy of her time, or worthy enough for... Read More more than short, unhelpful responses when we had questions. We did not feel like clients, but rather were treated like an inconvenience. She was unorganized, unenthusiastic and did not make us feel like our day was important. We get it, she does this every weekend with other couples and a wedding is nothing new to her, however it was new and exciting for us, so it would have made the process much smoother had we had someone who understood this was our first time doing this. The food was good, the catering staff was good, we had the option to stock the bar ourselves and did byob (which was a huge selling point for us as well) but unfortunately again, we ran into issues. Champagne wasn't served for our champagne toast, the catering staff had removed full plates of food, and full drinks off of the table, which was a waste and an inconvenience. I regret not reading the Yelp reviews!!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

MLMC deserves every star that they can possibly get. The venue was absolutely beautiful and being able to have an outdoor and an indoor option is such a great perk - especially for a couple who wants both like my husband and I did. We still get compliments on the wedding venue... Read More and the reception. We held the ceremony outside by the lake and had the most beautiful pictures taken in their private lawn area . The catering company that MLMC worked with was phenomenal - we had such great food! We also loved Laura! She was extremely patient with my thousands of questions and she made sure that everything was handles as we discussed it. Laura did an amazing job at being available to us via email, phone or in person before the wedding and made sure everything was on task on the day of. It was a pleasure to be able to enjoy our wedding instead of worrying that everything else was okay. I owe Laura an enormous thank you. I'd highly recommend MLMC if you want a beautiful, scenic wedding!

Reviewed on 8/20/2015

The Malibou Lake Mountain Club has an amazing scene with beautiful surroundings. I was in awe of the perfect temperature, beautiful lake, luscious gardens and humble decor. Sadly, the hospitality resembled that of a third world prison. This may seem like a harsh statement so let... Read More me elaborate. I was the brother of the bride. Of course this means participating in wedding photographs and other events. But you will not see me in the pre-wedding photos or any other photos until later in the ceremony. The reason for this is because the grounds keeper refused to allow me access to the photo area where my sister was waiting. When attempting to meet my sister for photos he stopped stating “Only the bride and groom can go over go in this area.” I smiled and explained I was the brother of the bride, the woman with me was our grandmother and we were scheduled to take photographs with the bride. He then repeated in now a hostile tone “Only the bride and groom can go over go in this area” with a pause and a puff of the chest “I don’t care who you are!” I was taken back by someone acting so rude at a wedding. I then replied in a stern tone “You are out of line. That is my sister and this woman’s granddaughter. I am going through this gate” the grounds keeper then leapt to the gate and quickly locked it. I replied in an angry tone “Where is your supervisor?!”, he puffed up his chest once more shouting “I’m the one in charge here!” I was livid and demanded to speak with who was in charge of grounds. He then said “I am and this is private property! I can have you arrested and taken off the grounds! You better show some respect!” Needless to say there was no reasoning with such a person so I turned around to find help or someone who could be reasoned with. As I walked around looking for a higher authority the man actually called the local sheriff to have me arrested and taken away. I explained the situation to the parents of the party and was told to wait in the back and stay way from events until this grounds keeper was gone. In order to not let the matter not get out of hand and ruin the joyous occasion I obliged. I will never again get the chance to celebrate the union of my sister and new brother. I was forced out of a once in a lifetime celebration by a power hungry grounds keeper with bad tacked. Funny thing is he allowed my sister in-law to passed through the gate just moments before me; aka not a bride or a groom. I sincerely hope this does not happen to any one else so I posted this cautionary tale. Be careful of booking your wedding at this venue you may find your loved ones spending the night in the local jail or missing precious moments they can never get back.

Perfect Venue and Team!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Vi N

My husband and I got married at Malibou Lake Mountain Club on August 2, 2014. We had booked the venue over a year in advance of the wedding because we fell in love with its natural surroundings and quaint charm when we came to visit it right after getting engaged. Laura and team... Read More team did a fantastic job helping us prepare for the wedding and blew us away with amazing service the night of the wedding. We had guests coming up to us during and after the wedding, asking us how we had found such a perfect location and how amazing the food and service were. MLMC is tucked away in the mountains and it creates a very intimate atmosphere, which is what we wanted on our special day. We had looked at a few other venues in the area with the same kind of feel, but they did not compare to MLMC in terms of location and value. Another big plus is that Laura is very responsive by email and phone, which is great when you are in the planning phase. She is very helpful in answering questions and helping you plot out logistics. Overall, we had a perfect perfect wedding experience and it would not have been possible for such a dream venue and team at MLMC!

The perfect place for a beautiful wedding

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Holly R

We got married at Malibou Lake Mountain Club in July, and it was a gorgeous day in southern California. The location is in the Santa Monica Mountains on a small lake, surrounded by quaint homes and breath-taking scenery. The event was catered by TrulyYours catering (which comes... Read More with the site), who did a fantastic job preparing and serving the food. Everything went according to plan and we couldn't have asked for a better day. (Our out-of-town guests continue to gush over the beauty of the location and how it was perfect for an outdoor ceremony but an indoor reception--seriously the best of both worlds.)

Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Julie T

We had our wedding at Malibou Lake in April 2014 and could not have been happier with the venue! It is a gorgeous oasis nestled in the Santa Monica mountains. It feels very private with all the trees, greenery, and flowers that are abundant across the property. It really was... Read More a picture perfect place to get married! There are a lot of beautiful options around the property and area for taking pictures which is a nice bonus. We had 15 tables in the ballroom and it was cozy, but not crowded. We did a buffet dinner and the food was quite good (actually better than the tasting!). The serving staff were really amazing....Diego was the head server that night and he was GREAT! Thanks to Laura and her team, the whole thing went off without a hitch! We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was! (I was very happy with the rest of the vendors we chose too so here they are if you are looking for suggestions: Reverend John Southwick, Ryan Caliendo Photography, Hey Mister DJ,and Exotic Green Garden for flowers and the dessert bar). We highly recommend Malibou Lake!!!

All of our guests loved the venue

Reviewed on 5/08/2014

My wife and I got married here on 3/29/14 and we couldn't have asked for a better venue. Not only is the place beautiful, but the service they provided on the actual wedding day made everything stress free for me and my wife. Our venue coordinator, Laura, definitely knows her... Read More stuff and she answered all of our questions honestly and straight to the point. All of our guests loved the place too and we were asked all night about how we found this place and how secluded and amazing it was. The staff was awesome too. They served all of our guests with a smile on their face and made sure that my wife and I had everything we needed all night long. I also can't say enough about the food. I may be biased because this was our wedding, but the food we selected was some of the best wedding food I've ever had at any of the other wedding I've attended. This venue was about a 45 minute drive from where we live, but with the super reasonable price tag(especially during winter season)and the scenery around it, we wouldn't change our decision one bit. Thanks Laura and staff for an amazing time and I wish you guys all the best!

The perfect place for our wedding!

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Heidi

Malibou Lake Mountain Club was the absolute perfect location for our wedding! If you are looking for a wedding venue that provides all the essentials like tables, chairs, linens, full service, all the set up and take down and a friendly accommodating staff, along with the total... Read More freedom to really make the place your own, Malibou is the place for you! We were able to set our ceremony up in a unique way, just the way we wanted, as well as decorate the space in a way that made it feel really "us". We really felt like we had the best of both worlds when it comes to a wedding. Even weather doesn't need to be an issue as the ceremony is outside but everything else is either covered or inside, with a back up ceremony option if it rains. So no worries about weather! We had gorgeous weather at our mid-November wedding. Truly, Malibou Lake really was the perfect place for us and I couldn't recommend it more!

Beautiful Location & Very Helpful Staff

Reviewed on 10/24/2013 Corinne B

This location is perfect if you want to have your wedding outside to enjoy the natural beauty of the Santa Monica mountains. You can fit any size wedding here, they are very accommodating. They allow you to bring in all of your own vendors, even alcohol, but not food. Very... Read More helpful staff who is there with you leading up to the event (Laura does all the coordinating) and then day of they work like a well oiled machine to keep things running very smoothly.

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Jamie S

Beautiful!

Amazing location, food and service!!

Reviewed on 9/19/2013 Sarah G

I could not rate Malibou Lake Mountain Club anything less than 5 stars! Everything about this location is amazing! We first saw the venue in January when it was colder and a bit bare, but come March everything starts to bloom and in August everything was perfect! Roses, full... Read More trees, shade. Its the most beautiful location for a smaller wedding. Laura is just the best. She quickly responded to all of my emails and was very helpful with everything. The best part was when she sat us down for our final meeting and discussed every detail for the day of timeline and the schematics. This was very helpful and relieved so much stress!! She was there the day of the wedding to help the bridal party walk out for the ceremony and was always very organized. Truly yours catering has amazing food! Danny, who was in charge for Truly Yours that day, was very helpful and made sure my husband and I always had a plate of warm food. He did a great job to make sure we had everything we needed. There was also a young lady, I wish I knew her name. She seemed to always have an eye on us. Would give us cold water when running low and made sure to save us a tray of appetizers since we missed them while taking pictures. She was great! Everything was absolutely wonderful and I would definitely recommend this location to anyone. You must check it out.

Malibou-tiful!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Alexis R

There's a corner that you turn right before you get to the entrance of Malibou Lake, where you cross a bridge and the sign starts to come into view. And I swear, every time we made that turn - from the day of our first visit until our last ride over on our wedding day - my... Read More heart went into little flutters. That's the magic of Malibou Lake. The site, located just off the 101 in Agoura Hills (and very easily accessible to a number of great area hotels for out-of-town guests, namely the Four Seasons Westlake Village and the Residence Inn Westlake Village) has got to be one of LA's best kept wedding secrets. Not only for location and what the space has to offer, but also in terms of budgetary reasonability (which was a major factor in our wedding). And with that, I'll just run down the list! In terms of bang-for-your-buck, Malibou Lake can't be beat. Our Sunday wedding gave us everything we wanted - the privacy of the space for the entire day, a sit-down dinner for 100, a cocktail hour and full bar for the duration of our event - and still allowed us to stay within our 25K total budget. The venue is absolutely beautiful (in June the flowers were at their peak, and the upkeep is just unbeatable), and we were so happy to discover that it just took just minimal floral treatment and uplighting (courtesy of our DJ) to transform the main room into something really special. The food was great, the drinks were generous, and the staff is so so accommodating, and went far above and beyond on our day of; just an absolute pleasure to work with, especially the floor captain. And the flexibility of the space in getting to utilize both the indoor and outdoor portions for the duration of the day was spectacular, and by far my favorite aspect. Now, I do admit that I had my, ahem, bride-zilla-y moments during the planning process (shocking, I know). And I know that such moments led to me being probably a little bit of a pain-in-the-arse as a client (I'm sure I asked way too many questions for everyone's - my fiance's included - taste). So in light of this, the only imperfection I'd attribute to Malibou Lake was that I felt the need to stay very much on top of info and communication to make sure everything went as planned. There were times when I felt it was difficult to get the confirmation and communication that I needed (and again, I cite my bridezilla-ness as a possible reason that this feeling was enhanced during our wedding planning). However, with the help of a day-of coordinator that we hired (Ashley from Icing on the Cake), I was finally able to sit back and know that it was all going to be fine. And at the end of the day, everything venue-related - all of the details I stressed about - could not have turned out more perfectly. And also on that note, my best advice for someone choosing Malibou Lake is to use vendors with some familiarity of the venue (our DJ - Royal Entertainment, our florist - Yamaguchi, and our bakery - Porto's, were all familiar with MLMC). Our use of preferred vendors for the majority of our stuff made our use of those who were unfamiliar (our photog - Studio 1125, and our photo booth - Lights! Camera! Party!) a lot easier. Bottom line: we had the most beautiful, beautiful wedding at Malibou Lake Mountain Club, and I would recommend it to anyone in, well, the little flutter of a heartbeat! Thanks MLMC for our amazing amazing wedding!

June28th wedding

Reviewed on 7/16/2013 Chelsea N

My only complaint is that they only give you the property for 9 hours, which means no one, not me, my bridesmaid, or any of my vendors could show up until 2:30pm which hardly seems like enough time to prep for a 4:30pm ceremony start time. As a result, we didn't have a lot of... Read More time for pictures since my husband and I decided not to see each other before the wedding. Other than that, we loved the venue! The lake is gorgeous and the reception hall is very quaint!

A breathtaking venue that made my special day perfect!

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Sarah S

I had my wedding at MLMC on May 5th! Truly Yours Catering and Laura Janes the Catering Manger were exceptional, professional, friendly and exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately, it started to rain a few minutes before my ceremony. This did not put a damper on my day because... Read More the truly yours staff, my coordinator Desiree Woodruff Russolesi and my florist delphinium designs reacted with care and urgency moving my ceremony inside the reception room! It was just as beautiful inside as it would have been by the lake. The night went on and we received a million compliments on the phenomenal service our guests received from the truly yours staff! Our guest also complimented how delicious the food was and how smooth the entire night was! My husband and I received royal treatment from Dan the banquet captain who made sure we had a beverage in our hand the entire night-he knew what we liked and some how when my drink was empty it was full again!! I would also like to say thank you to Laura Janes the Catering Manager for Truly Yours catering. Laura made it simple and fun to be married at MLMC. I would email Laura a question, idea, etc and she would respond back promptly with an answer or solution. Laura was a great partner to work with! Truly Yours is lucky to have an asset like Laura Janes on their team. A huge thank you to the entire team!

A Wedding that Rocked!

Reviewed on 1/13/2013 Katie P

After having scoured the greater Los Angeles area for a nice, yet affordable, wedding venue that fit my picky criteria – both stunning indoor & outdoor options, room to accommodate both the ceremony & reception at the same location, and reasonably self contained for... Read More rentals/kitchen – I was immediately enthralled when my fiancé and I visited the Malibou Lake Mountain Club at a friends’ suggestion. This renovated lodge space was not only reasonably priced, it boasted its own in-house caterer with a million delicious looking food options, allowed us to bring in our own alcohol at no charge, and had a beautiful scenic view of the Malibu Mountains outside and a sheik vintage feel inside to boot. We immediately contracted for our October 20th, 2012 wedding date. During the planning process Laura, the site coordinator for Truly Yours Catering, was incredibly responsive to our plethora of questions and unique requests. With both of us working in the entertainment industry we wanted to have a “rock and roll” themed wedding ceremony and reception - so we did dinner entirely outdoors, turned the interior space into a VIP club/lounge with rented furniture and a real stage, and had several musical acts throughout the day, topped off with a live 5-piece rock band. Though the space does have some restrictions (sound ordinances outdoors and a hard out time at 11:30pm), the MLMC site staff, the caterer and the service personnel were extremely accommodating, friendly and professional. The banquet captain Dan was exceptionally wonderful – entertaining our guests, making sure my husband and I actually ate our incredibly delicious dinner, and assisting with last minute requests and whirl-wind 30 minute tear down at the end of the night. We couldn’t have been happier and our guests had the time of their lives. I would wholeheartedly recommend the Malibou Lake Mountain Club to anyone looking for a unique, scenic, and affordable venue in LA!

a hidden gem

Reviewed on 12/13/2012 Randi E

I came across MLMC in my online research for a wedding location. It was the fourth place we looked at, and when we saw it, we knew it would be perfect. Many people who have been through the LA wedding circuit had never been there, and could not say enough wonderful things about... Read More the beautiful location, elegant room, and delicious food! The staff was great to work with from the beginning of the planning process until we left the wedding. It rained on our wedding day, but the staff made the inside of the room look great, and the bay window was a beautiful backdrop to our ceremony. I highly recommend MLMC!

AMAZING!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2012 Anneke V

The minute we saw Malibou Lake we knew it was exactly where we wanted to get married. Beautiful location, far enough from the city, and not to mention the food was amazing....And the SERVICE!!!! Everyone was so sweet. I wouldn't change a thing for the world. Planning a wedding... Read More is super intimidating but Laura made it so easy. She is very organized and really knows what she is doing. I recommend this place to everyone in the Los Angeles area, such a gem. Truly Yours Catering..thank you for the amazing food and service. My wedding was just like I had always dreamed.

AMAZING IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Giuliana R

I could not be any happier with my wedding venue. Malibou Lake Mountain Club is THE perfect place to have a beautiful wedding! From the very beginning Laura was great! Extremely helpful and patient! The location is gorgeous and the staff is top notch! The food was impeccable and... Read More I truly enjoyed every single second of my big day! Thank you guys!

One happy girl

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Eileen M

My husband and I just got married at Malibou Lake Mountain Club a month ago. From the beginning we knew this was the place for us. It accommodated out outdoor/indoor wedding not to mention is one of the only places that offered a flat open bar rate which was more than... Read More reasonable. The day of, the staff was fast and efficient. Laura, Dan and the all the staff members were super attentive to us and our parents as well as all of our guests. I got tons of compliments on both the venue and the food. We all had an amazing time and appreciate the work they entire crew put in to make our wedding successful. I would be shocked if some of my unmarried guests didn't plan weddings there in the future.

The PERFECT Wedding

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Megan Y

My husband and I got married here in mid July and could not have been more pleased with our experience from start to finish. Our guests and families had nothing but great things to say about the service, staff, location, and food. We could not stop talking about how PERFECT... Read More everything was. The food and appetizers catered by Truly Yours Catering were delicious and enjoyed by everyone. The beverage service was impeccable and all of the staff we worked with throughout the process were friendly, professional, and committed to making our day special for us. We especially want to thank our captain, Dan, for his overwhelming hospitality and concern for our comfort. Everyone who spoke with him throughout the evening had nothing but fantastic things to say and it was so nice for my husband and I to sit back and relax and enjoy the day. The beautiful outside environment was gorgeous for our ceremony and cocktail hour and served as a great retreat for our guests when they needed a break from dancing. The inside reception room needed little decoration as it is so gorgeous inside already. We were SO impressed with the quality of service we received. We would also like to express our gratitude especially to Laura for facilitating a lot of the details throughout the process and making sure that everything ran smoothly….again we thought everything was PERFECT.

Country but Classy

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Springsong C

I fell in love with Malibou Lake on our first visit -- the short drive from Agoura was beautiful as we traveled along a windy and scenic country road and then arrived at this quaint location overlooking a little lake. The venue has an exclusive caterer which has many affordable... Read More options and the food was absolutely delicious -- the Salmon was a big hit! Everything was perfect from the hor dourves that were beautifully displayed to the main dishes. There was a little confusion after our tasting as to the final menu but everything turned out excellent! The bartenders and staff were especially helpful on the day of and ensured everything ran smoothly. Our wedding was June 3, which was perfect -- the flowers were in full bloom and it was sunny and warm but not too hot! The pictures don't do this location justice -- you have to see it for yourself!