Begin Your Adventure!

Mammoth Mountain and June Mountain weddings are famous for their panoramic lakeside & mountaintop views. Choose from two mountains, eight ceremony sites and five reception sites to customize your special day. Friendly, professional wedding specialists will help you arrange everything for your day!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue, Hotel, Mountain, Park, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

1 Minaret Road, Mammoth Lakes, CA (760) 934-2571
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Lea M

We just got married in July 2017 at Forest Chapel with a small reception in the yurt at Tamarack Lodge. While it seemed a little hectic during the planning, in reality it was a very smooth process. Especially after we were set up with Stephanie Pollard as our wedding... Read More coordinator. She was very communicative and worked with us on every aspect of the planning process. AND she made sure the reception area was set up as I wanted it even though the yurt wasn't ready to be decorated as early as planned. Steph truly made sure our wedding went off without a hitch and was an advocate for us every step of the way. Our parents (both mine and my husband's) both commented on how much they liked working with her and how much they appreciated her attitude. In terms of the site, you really can't beat Forest Chapel. The yurt was also nice, though small - we only had 26 people and I would not recommend putting any more people in there (or at least not any more tables - we had some extra seats). It'd also be nice if the lights in the yurt had a dimmer switch. The outdoor area of the yurt is stunning, though. It makes for such a pleasant area to enjoy the night. And the staff working our wedding were excellent. Attentive and friendly. The bartender was excellent, too. We enjoyed every bit of our wedding and absolutely recommend Mammoth Mountain as a great place to have a wedding! And that's after paying the bill ;)

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Melissa F

We got married and had a reception at the Mill on June 3rd 2017. The staff was absoulty amazing. They transformed that venue better than I could have ever imagined. And the views! HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting married in Mammoth <3

Reviewed on 7/16/2017

Vow Renewal in the Forest at Mammoth Mountain - how romantic!!! Loree Peterson was our very talented wedding coordinator, who found us another location due to the snow conditions at the Forest Chapel. The location: the Lakeview area - truly a jewel and worked out better for... Read More our very small gathering. It was absolutely beautiful. Loree was so helpful. When she was done doing her setup, she came back to our cabin and offered help. So she went to pickup our choc covered strawberries & other chocs from Rocky Mtn Choc Factory and our cheese/meat trays from Bleu, while I was able to breathe and get ready. I am extremely grateful for her help and for being there for me. I felt like she was my dear friend, but we had only just met. Very special.

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kimi M

Our wedding went off without a hitch and I couldn't be happier! It did help that we lucked out and had great winter wedding, but that didn't worry me in the least if we hadn't. Lorie and her team were incredibly prepared and responsive. The weeks/months leading up aren't as... Read More communicative as one bride might like, since they are likely dealing with other weddings. But I promise you the end result is fantastic. When it is time for your wedding they are all hands on deck and do whatever they can to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of. I would definitely recommend mammoth mountain for any event, not just a wedding. My guests and I had a great time!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Kelly R

We had our dream wedding at Mammoth Mountain at the beginning of April! Us and all of our guests stayed at Mammoth Mountain Inn. The hotel was amazing and so accommodating. The hotel is an older hotel and in need of renovations, but with that being said everything was clean and... Read More we loved our stay and the location was perfection! The staff at the front desk and the bell hops are some of the nicest people we've ever met! We had our ceremony on the rooftop of McCoy station and it was absolutely stunning. Cheyanne was our wedding coordinator and she did a wonderful job of making everything run smoothly and answering all our various questions throughout the process. We had our cocktail hour at the summit Eleven-53. Our guests loved riding the gondola and taking in the views, especially because many of them had never done anything like that. Our reception was at Parallax. The ceremony, reception, and cocktail hour were all set up so beautifully and exactly how I had envisioned. The food at cocktail hour was incredible: bacon-wrapped dates, shrimp, and a variety of soups in shot glasses- SO YUMMY! The reception food was just as yummy with a variety of food stations: coastal station, carving station, salads, and a mac-n-cheese madness station. We also had a churro bar for dessert, as well as a 10-inch round cake. Everything was delicious and presented so elegantly. We also had a hot-coco station set up at the bottom of the gondola for the guests and we had Woolly join our dance floor in a tux-- definitely glad we splurged for those two things! The guests are still talking about it! Throughout the whole planning process, they allowed us to uniquely craft our own special day and they tailored it to exactly fit us! As we searched for wedding venues we hated the idea of "cookie cutter" weddings that did the same exact wedding every weekend with different people. Mammoth is definitely not that place! They are so flexible and accommodating with different locations, food options, and styles that I think its difficult to see the same wedding there twice. We had our dream wedding at Mammoth Mountain and would recommend it to anyone searching! One recommendation if you do choose Mammoth, tell most of your guests to drive there! The small airport only has 2-3 flights come in a day and we found that many of those get delayed or canceled sometimes due to wind or weather; or sometimes a few weeks in advance due to not enough people booking. That caused a little stress, but it all worked out in the end! Happy Planning Brides and Grooms!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Rebecca M

Updating my review. This may have started off bad at first but the team fixed all the issues and concerns I had. I would recommend this place in the future for other events.

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Holly G

We had our wedding at Mammoth Mountain. Our ceremony was at Forest Chapel and reception was at Parallax. Our day was perfect and beautiful. Several of our guests and wedding party commented on the uniqueness and beauty of the venue and friendless and quality of service of... Read More Mammoth Staff. I could not have imagined planning my wedding without Loree Perterson, our wedding coordinator. This is an excellent service that Mammoth Mountain offers. Loree helped our day run smoothly and she coordinated with all of our vendors. Loree is friendly, accommodating, and thorough. She thought of everything and helped us with coordinating our event from start to finish. They offer several packages that are affordable and add-ons that tailor and personalize the event to fit any style. Our guests were blown away by the stunning natural beauty of Mammoth and the details added by Mammoth Mountain. I would highly recommend having a wedding/event at Mammoth Mountain.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Lindsay S

Our daughter was married July 2, 2016 at Sierra Star Golf Course. It was amazingly beautiful and all the staff at Sierra Star went out of there way to make this a super special day. Highly recommend! Gorgeous setting.

Reviewed on 11/07/2015

My husband and I were married October 10, 2015 at the beautiful Forest Chapel venue with our reception following at The Mill Cafe. We could not have been blessed with a better venue, coordinator, and team for our wedding. Loree, Amanda, and the entire Mammoth Mountain crew made... Read More sure we and our guests were taken care of, and they were so easy to work with and organized. Being from out of the area and very busy with work and school, I was nervous about putting my dream wedding into a reality- well, thanks to the help of the Mammoth team everything turned out beautiful, smooth, and better than I could have imagined. We had the greatest time, and everything was literally perfect!! Our wedding was most certainly one of the happiest times of our lives and we can't thank everyone enough for making it so special! Our guests can't stop raving about what a great time we all had. I would highly recommend Mammoth Mountain to anyone looking for a wonderful, beautiful event!

Yodler restaurant - great rehearsal dinner!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 W W

We had our rehearsal dinner at Mammoth Mountain’s Yodler Restaurant. The venue was perfect for our “mountain wedding” theme - with sweeping views of the Mammoth from the deck and a quaint German vibe, it was a perfect way to kick off the weekend. The staff was very friendly and... Read More welcoming - the kitchen really knew what it was doing - and everyone had a fun time. It was a little confusing to book the venue - we ended up talking to three different people at Mammoth. Everyone was very pleasant and everything worked out well. Cheyanne was there to coordinate during our event and she did a fantastic job! Having our wedding here in October was great: although they close down the gondola to the top of Mammoth Mountain in the fall, so we couldn’t take our guests to see the summit, we were able to rent out the entire restaurant because it is normally closed for the season- we had the place to ourselves. I was originally worried that our small, 50-person dinner would feel lost in such a large building, but we used the room right next to the bar on the first floor and it was the perfect size - the staff helped by rearranging the tables at our request to fill the space. Although we were first drawn to the Yolder for its authentic ambiance, we were very impressed with its array of other services/perks. We used the in-house sound system for speeches and background music - easy to use and functional. They also catered the event. Mammoth has a large menu that can be tailored to meet any palate, but we actually really liked the Yodler’s standard German fare. We asked to have the meal buffet-style to let our guests pick and choose what they ate, and it was lovely, organized, and delicious! Everyone was complimenting the food, and everyone went back for moreI also loved that they were able to get a fire going in their fire pit on the deck - complete with s’mores. It was atmospheric - a starry sky with mountain silhouettes - a fitting end to a wonderful evening!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

My husband and I got married at Mammoth on 8/15/15 and it was fabulous! We had 172 guests, and had the ceremony at the summit near the Mammoth sign with the reception at McCoy Station. We were so impressed by all the Mammoth staff, especially Loree and Ananda, who helped make... Read More our day perfect. We were able to fit 60 chairs on the top, so the other guests stood in the back, which worked fine. We were blown away with how the Mammoth crew was able to transform McCoy with uplighting, the dance floor and decorations. For the reception, we had long tables that sat 16-18 people, so we did a family style meal which worked out great. The salmon and trip-tip were delicious! We had a slight miscommunication with the bar set up, but overall it was a perfect day. Our guests loved the mountain experience and we would definitely do it again!

Fabulous Wedding weekend in Mammoth Lakes

Reviewed on 8/01/2015 Jason H

My husband and I enjoyed our wedding celebration in Mammoth Lakes in early July. We could not have imagined a better location or experience! Our ceremony was held outdoors at Forest Chapel and the reception was on the mountain in Parallax. Our coordinator, Loree, and the Mammoth... Read More staff were unbelievably helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. They had continuous open lines of communication and took care of every last detail. We had an absolute blast and our guests said it was by far the most fun and beautiful wedding they have ever been to. A million thanks to everyone who was there and helped out! We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

My daughter & son-in-law were married at the Forest Chapel last weekend. I can't imagine a more beautiful setting. Cheyenne & the rest of the crew at Mammoth Weddings made our day spectacular & stress free. We had the reception in the Yurt at the Tamarack Lodge. The service &... Read More the food were wonderful. Everyone involved at the reception went out of their way attending to any need that we had. We can't thank everyone enough for making our daughter's day special in every way.

Mammoth Mountain Wedding

Reviewed on 6/08/2015

My wedding was originally planned for the Forest Chapel venue; however, due to weather the weekend of the wedding we had to change venues at the last minute. My wedding coordinator, Amanda Archuleta, worked with me to get us a venue that was even more beautiful than the first.... Read More She was consistently available whenever I needed something and at any point when I started to feel stressed out Amanda did everything she could to ease my mind. I was beyond satisfied with the treatment and help I received from the Mammoth Mountain staff. They helped me every step of the way. I would absolutely recommend Mammoth Mountain for any wedding. Not only is the location a beautiful venue to have your special day, but the staff is amazing! Thank you Mammoth Mountain Ski Area for making our wedding incredible!!

Wedding

Reviewed on 4/19/2015 Shari L

Darla Ross, our wedding coordinator at Mammoth Mountain was absolutely outstanding throughout the whole process in terms of communication, friendliness, flexibility (especially on the big day) etc. The original plan (and my dream) was to have the ceremony at the top and ski down... Read More to mid-mountain for the reception in my wedding dress. Unfortunately, just 4 days prior to the wedding day, I had a ski accident which landed me in the hospital with broken ribs and collapsed lung. It was only late evening the night before the wedding that we knew for sure I would be released from the hospital. Darla and Mammoth Mountain was incredibly flexible in changing the venue to a beautiful alternative location at Mammoth Mountain Inn on the deck with beautiful back drop of the mountain as my doctor would not allow me to go to the highest elevation with my lung. Darla, specifically, went above and beyond to save our special day and was incredibly kind to my friends and family. The reception location at Parallax (mid-mountain) was absolutely gorgeous! Many of my guests told me it was the best wedding they have ever been too. Thank you Darla and Mammoth Mountain!

Incredible Ski Wedding at Mammoth!

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Brian H

My husband and I got married this past March at Mammoth, and had the most amazing experience. We wanted a ski wedding, where we could get married on the summit outside, then ski down with our friends, and then have a party afterwards. It worked PERFECTLY. The summit of... Read More Mammoth has a gondola to provide easy access for non-skiers/elderly, and there is an enclosed building at the top that can accommodate either a ceremony or a staging area. We had our guests (75) wait inside, and then come outside for the actual ceremony. Afterwards, we skied down, and then had a few hours to relax before bringing them back up to the halfway lodge for a reception at Parallax (the contemporary restaurant in McCoy station). The party was superb, and no decorations were needed because Parallax itself is already perfectly appointed. Re: the staff, I cannot say enough how helpful and responsive they were, from the minute we emailed to ask for quotes, up until days after the wedding itself. (Literally. Darla, the incredible wedding coordinator, was still working with us to get everything we sent there back home.) Altogether, I would have to say that this was the coolest, most fun wedding venue I'd ever seen, and if you're looking for something fun and adventurous, but still accessible to everyone, that you should really consider Mammoth!

Magical Mammoth Mountain

Reviewed on 1/22/2015

I had my wedding in Mammoth Lakes, CA and it was nothing short of magical. The ceremony was held literally in the middle of a forest at the Forest Chapel and the reception was at Little Eagle. We had the chair lift going right next door for our guests to enjoy too! It really... Read More was perfect, the food was EXCELLENT, with options for vegetarians, vegans and meat eaters alike. Highly recommend this incredible location.

Gorgeous Mountain Winter wedding

Reviewed on 12/02/2014 Tracy E

I had a 150 person wedding at McCoy station in Mammoth and it was more than I dreamed! The staff were all so professional and worked so hard to make the day phenomenal. Darla Ross and Amanda Archuleta were my wedding coordinators - they both were dependable, knowledgeable, and... Read More went above and beyond to make my day exactly what I wanted. We experienced inclement weather so the mountain brought all of our guests up on a sno-cats! Unexpected but really delighted the guests and us. Things we added to our day - we added a candle package which looked beautiful in the room, we had shuttles which worked out great, we had an apple cider station pre-ceremony - yum, we had our cocktail hour in Parallax which was lovely and enjoyed by our guests. The food was good - better than I expected! Better than I have had at weddings at well known hotel chains. We had planned to do our ceremony outside but could not because of the weather, so we did it in the "glass room" and it worked well. The mountain worked hard to get the room set up for us, and the views out the window were lovely. It was pretty cold in there but our guests just stayed in their coats until cocktail hour. We also had our farewell brunch catered by the mountain catering crew - it was at Campo. The food was delicious and the venue was perfect. Our DJ was Spencer of /. Creative - he works regularly with the mountain and was fantastic. Our photographers were Cooke Fine Photography - highly recommend them as well. Diana and Michael were so professional, thoughtful, and truly cared about us and the work they were doing for us. And our guitarist, Jon Jacoby, and officiant, Stacey Powells, were also mountain recommendations who were talented and professional. We had guests stay at Mammoth Mountain Inn, Juniper Springs, the Village Lodge, and the Westin and were very pleased with the service at all three locations. My groom and I come up to Mammoth a lot but live in Santa Monica so we really relied on Darla, Amanda and crew to manage much of the details for us and we were so grateful for their help. Our guests all had a wonderful time, and so did we. Mammoth is perfect if you want a cozy mountain town feel with a professional crew in the background to make it all happen for you. And really the value was great - it wasn't bargain basement by any means, but compared to what we would get in Santa Monica for the amount of money we spent, it was definitely worth the trek!

Excellent

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Danielle Y

They were fab

Different...

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Sarah N

If Skiings your thing, or mountains/mountain climbing etc then sure why not. If you want the magazine wedding venue then keep looking.

Unique yet Beautiful Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/20/2013 Melissa M

Get married at 11,000 feet elevation. Guests enjoy champagne up the gondola. Jen Rossier was awesome. The food at the Mill was so good. It was the best.

Wedding Ceremony Location

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Autumn S

There is a lot of year round locations to have your ceremony in Mammoth. Options for both indoor and outdoor, but you cannot beat the great outdoors! Our wedding was outside on top of the summit on May 26, 2012 in unexpected, but VERY welcome, snow showers!

Beautiful Location for a Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/28/2011 Lindsay P

We had our wedding at the top of Mammmoth Mountain. It was absolutely gorgeous. We loved having the snow-topped mountains in the background. And the people in the catering office at the ski resort were so easy to work with. They made everything turn out fabulous!

My itinerary

Reviewed on 3/15/2011 Gabriela G

I just loved the itinerary they scheduled for me.

Hard getting there but, amazing once you do

Reviewed on 2/14/2011 Amanda W

We had a rough run at planning our wedding with the Mammoth Mountain Weddings. We had a hard time communicating (didn't recieve emails/answers in a timely manner). Once we had a discussion about this, things got much better. I would typically grade this a little firmer but, the... Read More week and day of the wedding was amazing. We were welcomed with gift baskets and so well taken care of by the wedding staff. Anything we asked for, big or small was done with quickness and ease. The day of the wedding, we were checked on constantly to make sure we were comfortable and happy! The day of, there were a few hiccups but, were taken care of immediately. Our guests as well as myself and my husband were amazed and blown away with the wedding/reception itself. We had such a great time and could not have asked for a better day. The views were amazing and I cannot wait to see all of the pictures!

Meet The Manager

Weddings Team

Our talented team consists of Amanda Archuleta, Loree Peterson and Natalie Saini. We work together to help brides like you have their dream wedding.