Professional Service, with a personal touch

Let the excitement begin! Whether it's just the right song at just the right time, or just the right words to make the moment, it's the result of a combination of careful planning, and the relationship you and your fiance have built with your DJ. Contact me & see just how fun and easy this can be!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Celtic, Klezmer, Latin, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

500 Southborough Dr., South Portland, ME Serving New England; ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, VT (207) 797-9289

Reviewed on 9/01/2016

Mike Mahoney was an incredible DJ, and a great asset to us as we were planning our wedding. I can honestly say that I loved every song that he played, and he enforced our "Do Not Play" list in the face some guests who were adamant about hearing the Chicken Dance. For this alone... Read More I would be eternally grateful, but he went above and beyond when he went through the specifics of the ceremony with us. My wife is a serious music fan and had a very specific vision for her entrance. Mike edited the song several times until it was perfect. Seeing her on our wedding day is something I'll never forget, and Mike went out of his way to make sure it was perfect.

2016-10-25T12:11:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks Dave! It was an honor to be a part of your wedding day. You and Julie were so much fun t work with, and I loved your music selections and suggestions! I got to play a few that I don't often get the opportunity... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kim R

Mike was above and beyond what we ever could've imagined from a DJ! Not only did he take the highest concern to be sure the music that we love was played, but he also helped us with details and ideas that we never would've thought of on our own. Mike is very organized and is... Read More sure that he understands your vision completely. He made our cocktail hour & reception perfect beyond words. We're forever grateful for Mike and would never dream of using another DJ for any future events!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Anna M

Where do we start? It was an absolute pleasure working with Mike. He did a wonderful job at our wedding. We were very happy and so were our guests. They raved all night and weeks after about what a wonderful job he did. Mike was very pleasant and easy to work with. Mike was all... Read More about what we wanted and making our day as seamless as possible. He was wonderful about reworking a couple songs for us and offered his expertise in areas that we had questions or needed help with. He has a great user friendly site to help the "soon to be newlyweds". We cannot thank him enough and we highly recommend him as a DJ.

Reviewed on 3/10/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Mike Mahoney as our DJ. We were kind of picky with choosing our vendors, and finding a good DJ that kept the flow of our reception going was really important to us. He was very attentive to our needs, meeting with us multiple times before our... Read More event. He has a really awesome website to choose the playlist and order of your reception, we had a blast choosing our music! Mike was also really attentive to our guests, he knew exactly what to play and when to play it and did a great job at getting our crowd up and moving. A great DJ is super important to a wedding as it definitely sets the tone for the night. Mike also gave us a CD at the end of the night with all of our important songs on it which was such a special and memorable touch! He has a great professional personality and you can't go wrong having M&M Entertainment at your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Baylee P

Mike is an awesome DJ. He is super responsive and very attentive. My guests raved about the broad spectrum of music he played. He even gave us a CD of our favorite songs afterwards! He is super nice and a hard worker. We had some issues with some duct tape on the floor that we... Read More were having trouble removing and he just took care of it for us. He is so awesome. The music was great. He kept things moving. I highly recommend him!

2016-03-19T16:03:21 Response from the vendor

Thanks Baylee! I had so much fun with you and Brad! Your guests and family were a blast! I just heard from your friend Kate! Thanks for sending her my way :) I can't wait to see you both again :)

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 1/13/2015

We could not have been more thrilled with Michael Mahoney as our DJ. He exceeded our expectations in every sense! His music selection was exactly what we had wanted, and even better! He even suggested a song after he read our proposal story and it turned out to be one of the... Read More highlights of the night for us! His MC skills are great and he was really good at not only communicating important information and keeping the reception on schedule, but he was great at getting the guests excited. He helped make everyone feel welcome and what really made me happy was to see him dancing and getting into the music from up on the stage. We could not imagine a more talented, genuine, and fun DJ than Michael. Thanks for making our wedding day an unforgettable time!

Amazing DJ!!!

Reviewed on 12/17/2014 Stephanie d

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding DJ. From day one, Mike made us feel so comfortable, and we believed that he truly cared about us and our wedding day, rather than just being another job for him. He was so easy to talk to, easy to work with, and not pushy at all. Mike... Read More helped us to figure out timing for the day, as we had no idea what the heck we were doing! On the day of, Mike did the music for our ceremony, which was outside, and for the reception, which was inside. The ceremony was almost a last minute addition, and it was flawless, like we had been planning it the whole time. During the reception, Mike did an amazing job running everything on time, listening to us and our needs, and also listening to the crowd. We really did not want someone who was going to be overly "crazy" or cheesy with their announcements, etc. and Mike was absolutely perfect. Once the dance floor opened up, Mike kept the whole crowd dancing for the entire night -- he read the crowd so well and played an amazing list of music. He made sure to play all of our "must haves", and also added in a lot that we hadn't though of that fit perfectly! We had several people throughout and after the wedding comment on how great our DJ was -- we even had one friend approach him about doing their wedding the following year! All in all, I was 100% satisfied with Mike Mahoney, and would hire him again in a heartbeat. He is experienced, caring, and knows how to throw a great party (and keep it moving).

2016-10-25T12:18:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you Stephanie!I really enjoyed working with you and Will! In fact, I just worked with a couple Will referred to me, and we had a blast! I wish you both all the best, and I will continue to check in on your blog :)

Awesome DJ!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2014 tammie p

Mike Mahoney does a wonderful job. We met with 3 DJ's prior to meeting Mike and at the time we already thought we had our #1 choice but kept our appointment anyway. I am very thankful we met him! Mike sat us down and we went through what WE wanted instead of what he offered as... Read More he was very easy going. We knew he was the perfect DJ for our wedding as we had a wide variety of ages and we all LOVE to dance. Leading up to the wedding he was extremely helpful. He actually went to our reception site to check out the availability of up-lighting, where he would set up, etc and helped out immensely. He also has a very user friendly website to log music and had most of what we wanted and was able to get any song that he didn't currently have. The week before the wedding I called Mike up to ask if he knew where I could rent a projector and he got back to me ASAP and had one on hold for me using his connections. When the day of the wedding came Mike showed up early. He played for our cocktail hour which was not at the same site as our reception and did not mind at all. He was a great MC leading up to the dancing as well. When the dancing began he knew the songs to play to get people up and dancing! He definitely worked the crowd! He was very approachable for our guests. Our crowd began dancing at 8 and did not stop until midnight and we had nearly all our wedding guests on the dance floor all night including our grandparents (until we played some rap!) At the end of the night no one wanted it to be over and if it wasn't for the policy of the reception site I believe Mike would have kept playing. I had MANY guests tell me it was the most fun they ever had at a wedding! Thanks Mike!

Michael J Mahoney

I've been a licensed on-air personality since 1989 at St. Joseph’s College in Maine for the college radio station, WSJB. In 1991, I moved on to WMPG in Portland, and later WSHL at Stonehill College in Easton, MA in 1992, while at Stonehill and working part time at WSHL, WBET & WCAV I took a position as a backup DJ in a small club in Brockton, MA., becoming house DJ within a year. Shortly after, on a chance meeting with an old radio colleague I began learning the art of crafting fun & exciting events, & M&M Entertainment was born & I've been helping create fun memorable events ever since!