Bridesmaid Dresses, Flower Girl Dresses, Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

259 Washington St, Dedham, MA

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Leah V

This bridal shop is really bad. My bridal party and I made an appt to try on dresses in what is a very tiny shop with only two dressing rooms. There was a bridal appointment at the same time, so there was no where for anyone to change and the single mirror was occupied by a bride trying on gowns. We were told the order was placed on December 15th, and the dresses would be in by mid-April. They arrived two days ago (mid-June). Each time one of the bridesmaids or I called the shop to get an update on the dresses, the staff members were rude and unapologetic for the delay. When we requested specific information (i.e. dates the dress order was actually sent to the vendor, dates the dresses would be received), we never received straight answers. In the end, the dresses arrived a month and a half before the wedding, and they were as ordered, but the ordeal was stressful and the staff are unprofessional.

Reviewed on 5/22/2015 Erika B

Would highly recommend! I got my wedding dress, veil and shoes from Manhattan Bridals and couldn't be happier with how everything came out! Jackie helped me find the perfect dress for my wedding day! Everyone at Manhattan Bridal was always professional and helpful. They made the whole process feel easy and fun. My bridesmaids also bought their dresses here and they all looked stunning! Thanks Manhattan Bridals for everything! I truly appreciate all the hard work everyone put into making my wedding dress and my bridesmaids dresses absolutely prefect!

So glad I found them!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Jen C

The staff at Manhattan Bridals was amazing! Patient, flexible, caring and the prices were very reasonable. I couldn't have been happier with my wedding dress experience!

Loved them!

Reviewed on 1/21/2014 Alexis M

These women were spectacular - from start to finish. They were attentive helpful and funny. To the point that even my out of state bridesmaids had them alter their dresses. They were flexible and timely in everything they did for us. Wholeheartedly recommend them.

Great Experience at Manhattan Bridal!

Reviewed on 12/29/2013 Meghan R

I had a great experience at Manhattan Bridal! It was the third bridal salon I had gone to and I found my absolute dream dress with every element I was looking for. I worked with Jackie initially, but other staff members watched me try on gowns and gave helpful advice. Throughout the whole process the staff was great to work with, and we ended up getting my bridesmaid's, my mom's, my mother-in-law's, and my flower girl's dresses there too. Two of my bridesmaid's were out of state and that was no issue- they just called in their measurements and the dresses were ordered without issue. I found the prices to be very reasonable- especially after watching so many bridal shows on TV! I had the alterations done there too, and Patti helped to make sure every detail was perfect and exactly how I wanted it. I would definitely recommend Manhattan Bridals to any bride!

Princess

Reviewed on 7/02/2013 Lauren K

Everyone at Manhattan made me feel as if I were a princess. My consultant was Michelle and she was amazing from start to finish. I never felt pressured to buy my dress just so they could get the sale. She wanted to make sure that it was the perfect dress for me.

not the best tailoring

Reviewed on 5/09/2013 Heather F

I loved my dress and the selection was decent for a small boutique. The space is a little tight but that's not a deal breaker. The issue I had was that they had convinced me to loosen less then an inch space on my rib area but that caused the dress to completely loose it's shape and curve, the fabric was loose and bunched in the middle. Also the straps that they altered kept slipping off the entire ceremony.

Amazing service!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Megan C

I went to Manhattan Bridal at the recommendation of a friend. I told their staff what I was looking for, and they pulled out the most perfect dress that matched everything I was looking for and was more gorgeous than I could have imagined. I ended up buying that dress, which was the first dress I tried on (although I tried on many others after). Patty was so super professional. She was kind, but also gave her honest opinion as I tried on the dresses. She is a perfectionist, so the alterations were perfect as we the accessories. They took the time to make sure I knew exactly how to do the bustle. When I was there for my second fitting, there was a young girl there trying on dresses for her sweet 16 party. She was a complete brat, yelling at her mother and saying why she hated every dress she tried on. The staff at Manhattan Bridal was so extremely patient with her, and even though she was yelling and being a complete brat (it was a scene out of My Super Sweet 16!), they still took the time to listen to her & try to meet her wants & needs. Their patience was exceptional - I don't know how they did it! They are just great overall!

Good Selection, Satisfactory Service

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Laura L

I found my wedding dress at Manhattan Bridal. Good service especially from Jackie during my initial appointment. My fittings were done by Patty, the owner, which I was a bit surprised about since I don’t think she’s a seamstress. The alterations came out nicely though so I was happy with the outcome. My sister found her wedding dress here too with alterations and was also satisfied.

Great service and dresses

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Andrea W

I bought my Casablanca dress from this cute little shop in Dedham and loved my dress! The service was great and they altered the dress until it fit perfectly.

Wedding Dress

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Meredith C

I got my wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses here. The service was excellent and Patty was great!

MY DRESS

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Lauren P

What a wonderful place/experience I had saying "yes to the dress"/ They have exceptional staff and selection of vendors. I loved the dress i got and they did an awesome job with my alterations

loved the owner patty!

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Tanya D

the owner patty was awesome and helped me through the whole process. She was super accomodating and very nice. I do not suggest getting your alterations here tho as the seamstress is not good...

Amazing service

Reviewed on 5/29/2012 Nicole T

I told them exately what I was looking for and they let me go through the racks. However through my describtion and based on the dresses I picked, I found the perfect one that the consultant had picked. It was absolutely perfect!! The service, the order, the seamtress were was absolutely amazing and I am definitely taking my dress there to get perserved!! Please visit

Manhattan Bridal was the best

Reviewed on 5/05/2012 Ornette F

I went to numerous places in search of a weddign dress. When I stopped at Manhattan Bridals, I knew I had to search no further. The ladies there we amazing! Patty, the owner is very hands-on with eveything and I loved it. I wanted a very unique dress but not a pricess dress at all. I told them what I wanted and the last dress she brought out was a convertible dress! It could be changed from long to short...AMAZING!. The entire process ran smoothly. I got everything for my entire weddign party here. I was able to find the exact color and fabric I wanted. All my bridesmaids lived either out of state, or out of country and they were very accommodating with the deadlines for measurements and adjustments. I will always recommend this bridal shop to everyone. PLUS the price was amazing. I received discounts on everything.

so RUDE

Reviewed on 3/30/2012 Elizabeth S

we scheduled an appointment here and we were a few minutes late. the women we were working with made a rude comment about it! we then told her that i preferred having the bridesmaids in the dressing room with me (we had fun doing it together!). every other bridal salon we went to had no problem at all with that - ANOTHER passive aggressive comment! we all wanted to leave immediately. plus they have a whole selection of dresses in the back that only they will pull for you. definitely didn't buy there and have no intention of looking for bridesmaid & MOB dresses there!

Dress Review

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Katherine G

Patty was great. From the second I walked through the door I was being helped. The dress shopping experience can be stressful but at Manhattan Bridals they were willing to pull every single dress in the store if that's what it took (and it took close to it). This was the 2nd dress shop I had been to and I was so happy to find my dress here. The Seamstress did an amazing job with my hem and bustle. I was thrilled with my experience. I definitely recommend Manhanttan Bridals to everyone looking for a dress!

Nice to work with

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Jami N

My dress was very nice, this place is kind of hard to get to but the ladies there are really nice, I would reccomend being very frank and tell them exactly how you want it to fit or you might end up with something you cant fix. make sure you make plenty of time to fix if nescssary, ask them questions and research fabrics.

perfect wedding

Reviewed on 10/11/2011 RHODSHON P

the dress i purchase was perfect for me but the employees did not live up to my expectation.

Small shop, Lots of choices!

Reviewed on 10/06/2011 christine c

I had NO clue what I wanted in a wedding dress other than strapless! So, when I went to Manhattan Bridals I tried on all different materials and styles. I ended up loving 8 of them! Finally narrowed it down to 4...then to 2 and finally picked "the one." I can't even tell you how many compliments I got on my dress! I'm sure if you go into any bridal store with an image in mind of what you want it will be harder to find it...but I was open to anything and I was very fortunate at Manhattan Bridals for having such a great selection. It was the first and last place I visited!

Manhattan Bridals

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Tricia C

Patty help me pick out the perfect dress for my wedding. They are wonderful and very helpful.

Go See Brynn!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Becca C

I loved working with Manhattan Bridal! My wedding gown was the second dress I tried on and it was perfect. I ended up going to another shop just in case there was another dress out there I should see but ran right on back to Manhattan Bridal. They are a small shop but have a really nice selection and it isn't overwhelming. It felt very personal there because we could pick out dresses but also had help from a consultant. Speaking of consultants, another big part of finding the right dress was our consultant Brynn. She was simply fabulous every step of the way. Luckily every time we visited Manhattan Bridal it was during Brynn's college breaks so we got to see her each time. She totally knows her stuff and was so helpful. We ended up finding bridesmaid dresses at another store but for a wedding gown, 5 out of 5, hands down!

I loved my gown! only a minor blip

Reviewed on 9/05/2011 Jaclyn J

My gown was gorgeous, it came in on time. I had 3 fittings total, the last one I was able to take the dress home. The seamstress was a little cold but I was able to win her over and she liked me in the end. She ended up making a shawl to attach to the dress. The only minor blip was my dress was ivory and the shawl was white....she tried to convince my mother and I that it was ivory and matched, ridiculous. Even the owner agreed with us so they made a new one no charge, out of material they had in shop. Which they should have, being that I paid for the material, and it supposedly was coming from the same dress company's lace. I did feel scammed that way.

Worth the Drive

Reviewed on 8/08/2011 Christine v

Just had my daughter's fitting for her wedding gown at Manhattan Bridal and was reminded how helpful and attentive they are there. My daughter had not seen the dress in some time and was very anxious but was quickly reassured by the staff. The dress is stunning and after the alterations she will be a beautiful bride. MB is a two hour drive from where my daughter lives. When she picked her dress and wanted me to see her in it I called many shops to find one that had the dress in stock. The owner of MB told me that she did not have it but suggested that if I could not find it anywhere else we come in and that they would have something very similar. We visited the shop in November when we celebrated Thanksgiving with our family in nearby Needham. My daughter tried on a dress which was very similar to the one she picked and she was then able to buy the dress she wanted, Both visits to MB were at times when the store was very busy but we were not rushed and the staff was very caring. We highly recommend that if you are shopping for a wedding gown and live nearby or even up to 2 hours away, visit Manhattan Bridal. They will help you find just what you are looking for!

do not let the seamstress here touch your dress

Reviewed on 2/13/2011 Kathleen M

I started out in love with Mahattan Bridals. I loved my dress, then worked with the company to have it made the way I wanted it, etc. Because of this we also got our bridesmaids dresses, tuxes and my parents' attire there. The staff was awesome, including Patty, the manager. All went down hill with the alterations however. Please listen, because I do not want any other bride to have to go through what I went through. If you buy your dress there, which I do recommend, DO NOT DO YOUR ALTERATIONS THERE. The seamstress at Manhattan Bridals should not be allowed to touch any bridal gowns. She was unprofessional, and would not listen to me throughout the process. Most of my comments were dismissed, and I was told that my zipper should be showing (a lie) and that my dress would even out once it was steamed (it was lopsided). When I showed up to pick up my dress, all the problems were still there. They put hook and eyes to cover my zipper, which created an even bigger eyesore, and my dress was still lopsided. The seamstress tried to fix it while I was there and made it worse. On top of that, she kept telling me I was wrong. In tears, I had to bring my dress to another seamstress at 9 p.m. at night three days before my wedding. She was able to fix it, but it was still not perfect, due to the awful job done in the beginning. The new seamstress told me the other seamstress had taken it in too much in some areas, not enough in others, and did not leave enough material on the inside to fix the problem. I even got Patty, the manager, to admit after the wedding the dress was messed up. On top of that, my bustle fell out after only two songs at the wedding. The same thing happened to a friend of mine who also got her dress there. I have been to around 40 weddings in my life and she and I are the only ones I have seen that this has happened too. I had also tried to talk to the original seamstress about this and was dismissed. Please, if you are a bride that goes to Manhattan bridals, do not let the seamstress touch your dress for one second. You will regret it. She also messed up three of my bridesmaids dresses, though not as bad.

TO Manhattan Bridals