Mansion at West Sayville

West Sayville, NY

Mansion at West Sayville

Experience a private club atmosphere, in a restored 1909 mansion on the Great South Bay. Enjoy our lavish glass enclosed patio, perfect for cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.

$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Estate

Food + Catering, Planning

200 Main St, West Sayville, NY

Great place

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Sarah B

I fell in love from the moment I walk through the doors! The house is s pretty and was just what I was looking for my wedding day! It overlooks the water/bay/marina which is so breathtaking and romantic during sunset. Everyone was so helpful and even when we had some wedding... Read More day glitches, they were easily remedied with ease. They work hard for you and are wonderful people! Food is great! Place is beautiful! I highly recommend!!!

2014-11-09T20:07:11 Response from Christina, the member

I'd Do It All Over Again!

Reviewed on 11/26/2012 Vanessa B

After looking at several locations and comparing prices, my now husband and I decided to stay 'close to home' and wed at WSCC. Having grown up together in the town, it seemed to only make sense to get married there. We never imagined how absolutely perfect this decision... Read More could have been for us. The manager, Steve, was always available to answer my questions throughout the entire planning process. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful on the day-of, too! The bridal attendant absolutely knows what she is doing and she's by your side at every moment when you might (and don't realize) you need her. All the guests raved about the food (I highly recommend the Chicken Voldastano as an entree option). I even had a guest who is very particular about wedding venue food tell me that they had some of the best he'd ever tasted. The liquor is top shelf, we were able to supply a recipe for a 'signature drink' and we upgraded our beer selection to Bluepoint so we could include some seasonal offerings (Pumpkin and Octoberfest), since we were married in October. For the bride and groom, the staff makes sure that you have a few minutes to actually sit and eat your own meal, and your drink glass was never empty. Our bridal party remarked that even they felt like VIP's any time they were at the bar or needed something. As for my ceremony: Due to circumstances not within WSCC's control (the weather), my ceremony was moved inside. They gave me up until about four hours before the ceremony to decide where to hold it - and at the final hour, we moved it inside. I was initially weary about this plan as the ceremony took place on the dance floor, which was also in this case the cocktail hour space (cocktail hour was held in the main reception space as well)... but everything flowed so smoothly that you didn't even notice you were continually in the same area. Another great perk to WSCC is that they are neighbors to the Long Island Maritime Museum - which allows WSCC guests to go over and take photos. Though it was periodically raining and drizzling the entire day, the weather let up just long enough for us to get photos outside, and we walked over to the docks to get some cute bridal party photos. If you're lucky, you can also get a pretty stellar sunset photo. I'm very happy with our decision to choose WSCC and all of its vendors... I just wish the day hadn't gone so fast! I'd like to do it all over again!

2014-11-09T19:12:56 Response from Christina, the member

How many people did you have at your wedding? I'm looking at this venue :) Also, what were the other beer options for upgrade? And do you remember what the upcharge was? Thank you!! Christina

West Sayville Country Club

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Maureen M

I highly recommend West Sayville County Club as a wedding venue. It was a pleasure working with Steve, the manager, and Anne Marie, our Maitre'd. Steve was always available in person or through email to answer questions. Anne Marie helped everything run very smoothly and... Read More allowed me to have a great time at my wedding. West Sayville is a beautiful venue. It somehow walks the line between looking like a mansion but feeling warm and cozy. It is a great venue if you are thinking about a vintage theme. We liked that it had a "family feel", but was still very elegant. It felt more "us" than bigger, over-the-top venues we visited. We felt that we could feel comfortable at West Sayville Country Club - and we did! We have received many compliments on the venue and the food. Our friends and family all had a wonderful time.

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Margaret M

I had my wedding at the Long Island Maritime Museum because we invited over 300 -- we couldn't fit at the country club. But West Sayville Country Club catered the wedding. Steve was my go-to guy, and he was absolutely phenomenal. So helpful, so reliable, and responded... Read More promptly to phone calls and emails. The food was amazing. People complimented it the entire time. The weather was perfect, which helped, but regardless, Steve had everything covered. I was extremely impressed and would highly recommend working with him and the country club.

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Anthony S

I am very upset with this venue. Me and my fiance visited the venue about two weeks ago, we hated it. The salesman must of given out our information to his vendors and now I get calls daily from his various vendors. I am reporting this to the BBB. I suggest giving out a number... Read More other than your cell phone to this venue, same with your email.

My Wedding on 2/14/15

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Jennifer G

Steve and Annie did a great job helping my husband and I plan our wedding. The day went so smoothly. Everyone loved the food both at cocktail hour and at dinner. The space kept everyone moving around and exploring. The view of the Great South Bay was beautiful.

Amazing Evening

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Margot B

I honestly could not have asked for a better place to have my wedding (10/3/14)- the location was beautiful, the food was great and the evening went off without a hitch. Steve and Ann Marie are fabulous and guests were raving and still are. All of the vendors we used that... Read More they suggested were amazing as well. Great place!!

2014-11-09T18:47:50 Response from Christina, the member

How many people did you have at your wedding? I'm looking at this venue :) Thanks!

Perfection!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Amanda

I loved the Mansion at West Sayville. The staff, manager, and maitre'd were all helpful and accommodating. We were able to customize the whole menu if we wanted to, which we did for everything but the entrees. We had our ceremony and reception there, and the transition... Read More between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception was flawless. The coordinator asked me questions on the fly and did exactly as I instructed immediately. I was so impressed with everything. If you're not in the mood to be creative, they give you suggestions for vendors and their default menu has so many options. I personally can't really comment on the food because I didn't get to eat that day...but all the guests said that it was all great and they were impressed with everything.

2014-11-09T18:58:50 Response from Christina, the member

Absolutely PERFECT!

Reviewed on 8/12/2014 Miesje R

I can't put into words how wonderful our wedding turned out thanks to Steve & Annie at West Sayville! Meadowedge is the perfect venue - from the decor, to the location, to the AMAZING food! The GM, Steve, is incredibly flexible and helpful. He made sure that our wedding was... Read More affordable and that we were getting everything that we could possible hope for. Annmarie, the MaitreD', made sure that our day went off without a hitch. I would have been lost without her that day! All of our guests were beyond satisfied with our venue. Family and friends continue to phone us and tell us how wonderful the food and service was. Thank you Steve & Annie!! If you are contemplating this venue, GO FOR IT!!!

Great Place!!

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 susan g

The Mansion at West Sayville was perfect!! Our ceremony had the most beautiful backdrop of the ocean, our cocktail hour was at sunset and the view was spectacular. The Manager Steve, was helpful and very responsive with any questions. Ann Marie was very good about keeping... Read More everything on the wedding day on track and on time. All of our guests raved about all the food!.. the steaks were huge and the cocktail hour food was ample and delicious. This place is great.. we truly recommend it if you are looking for an intimate reception place.

DIY-Friendly Venue Near the Water

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 jenni s

This venue has a rustic seaside charm that provides the ideal environment for the DIY/Etsy/Pinterest project-loving bride. Located on a golf course across from Fire Island along the Great South Bay, this restored historic house has recently been renamed The Mansion at West... Read More Sayville. I had a wonderful experience working with the staff. I found them to be very helpful and responsive (especially over e-mail), which was key since I planned every detail of the event across the country in Los Angeles. Here are some other aspects I loved about this place: 1)Budget-Friendly. The price you are quoted also includes the (++), which definitely eliminates any surprises. I had my ceremony/reception on a Sunday and they let us pick out any five-hour time slot we wanted. Some places restrict you to windows they've already pre-established, which to me, is limiting. 2) Non-Cookie Cutter Catering Hall. Since it has windows across the entire back wall overlooking a large & lush meadow, you'll always have natural light streaming in, so you’ll never feel as though you’re in a dungeon. You also get your choice in table linens (they have access to a variety of colors), where as most venues give you a choice of only two-three. 3) DIY-Friendly. Steve, the manager and his Maitre’Ds are no strangers to brides coming in a day or two before the wedding with boxes of personal touches and crafts. 4) Beautiful Renovations. They’ve installed a brand new carpet in the dining area, and swapped out the maroon-brown Chiavari chair cushions for a neutral ivory color. But perhaps the biggest change is in the dance floor area. The entire floor is now a gorgeous dark brown wood (no carpet at all!), the ceiling matches the cushions with ivory fabric panels (no more green) and they've expanded and revamped the bar area into an L-shape. 5) Tasty Food. I was shocked over how good the apps and dishes were. We went with the buffet option which I highly recommend.

Great Bridal Shower

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Melissa K

My bridesmaids had my bridal shower at the Mansion at West Sayville. It is a beautiful venue and the food was great. The staff was wonderful as well!

West Sayville Country Club -- amazing!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2013 Kathryn W

Amazing, attentative staff. Listened to everything I needed and followed through. Extremely helpful manager and maitre'd

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 LalaBebe

Wscc was unbelievable! People were blown away by the food service and overall beauty of the venue! They treated us like royalty! It was the best day of our lives!!

2014-11-09T19:05:17 Response from Christina, the member

Great Venue!

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Morgan H

We worked with Steve, and he made the process from start-to-finish completely seamless. He was incredible at responding to emails in a timely manner and he and his time (Annie!) made our big day flow flawlessly. We (and our guests) adored the set up and the team set up our... Read More decor perfectly. Would recommend this venue to everyone!

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Megan P

I could not have asked for more in a wedding venue! Steve was incredible helping us plan everything and Annemarie, the Maitre'D was so helpful and competent on the day of, she made the entire day run smoothly and was so easy to work with. The venue is gorgeous and we got nothing... Read More but compliments on the food and the place. It's also very reasonably priced, especially for Long Island. Highly recommended!!!

Simply the best.

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Colleen S

My husband and I had an amazing day. More importantly my guests praised the staff, such professionalism. Steve helped us through a few sticky family situations 2 days before the wedding. Ann Marie was very helpful and overall made my husband and I feel like a bride and groom. We... Read More all had such a great time and lots of fun. I love looking at my photos and reliving the day. I think to myself "absolutely perfect".

Cute, quaint intimate for not so huge weddings

Reviewed on 9/10/2012 Kim S

Loved the atmosphere, and the people there are very helpful and attentive.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Amy M

Steve - the head guy at West Sayville - is amazing. They were willing to work with us on everything that we needed and wanted. The place is gorgeous and was perfect for our beautiful June wedding. Anne Marie - the maitre d' wsa also incredible.

Better Than I Could Even Imagine

Reviewed on 10/08/2011 Kristin C

I have to agree with everything everyone already said. WSCC is absolutely amazing. I loved my wedding and it was honestly, better than I ever thought it would be. It's a beautiful old house in a great location. I LOVE the way the room is set up (with the dance floor and bar... Read More separated by french doors). Not only is it pretty, but it makes a great party room. The older guests at my wedding were able to talk in the dining room and still be party of the music and dancing. The set up is one of the reasons I choose this place. Another reason I chose it was the beautiful grounds around it. We planned on getting married on the dock of the maritime museum. Unfortunately, it rained on our wedding day. We needed to do the ceremony inside in the dance floor room, which I really didn't think was going to be so great. I, of course, wanted the water view they would also have to switch the room into the cocktail hour room quickly (that was also going to be outside). Ann Marie did an amazing job with this! The ceremony was beautiful (also thanks to Bayport Flowers) and the transition was very smooth and well organized. Ann Marie, the maitre d', could not have been more professional, organized, and helpful. She made everything easy for us and we had anything we needed. My husband, his friends, and most of my family all drink Jameson. I had told them this would be a popular choice. At one point during the wedding, a bartender told us they were close to running out. We told Ann Marie we were concerned about it and she told us not to worry, she would fix it. Before we knew it, they were FULLY stocked and we NEVER ran out. I could probably go on and on about this place. You really can't go wrong. It was a great deal, a gorgeous wedding, and our friends and family can't stop telling us what a great time they had. It really was perfect.

2012-10-25T22:01:10 Response from Shawn, the member

How many people at your wedding? How long did it take to change over from ceremony to cocktail hour in the dance floor room? Then did they have to put away all the cocktail hour food and set-up so you could make an entrance and... Read Less Read More

Was perfect

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Gen D

Everything was even better then I expected! The manager and matre d made sure that everything went smoothly! The food was amazing. People are still talking about what a great place and wedding it was!

LOVE this Venue

Reviewed on 8/22/2011 Mariel M

I absolutely LOVED my wedding at West Sayville. Not only was it a GREAT deal, but it was a beautiful venue. There is an old elegance about it that you don't get w/ other venues. Beautiful view of the South Bay and a great maritime museum next door which makes for fun... Read More photographs with the bridal party. Steve at West Sayville was wonderful to work with. He gave us a great price for what we wanted and he was always responsive to emails, even when he was out of the office. I can't recommend this place enough. Day of the wedding was low stress, they all know what they're doing over there and you can feel rest assured you're in good hands. All my guests LOVED the wedding. If you are hesitant because the dance floor is separated from the dining room by french doors - don't be!! Everyone had a great time and it was not an issue at all. Definitely check this place out!!

couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Jessica B

My experience at the West Sayville Country Club was excellent! The people were extremely helpful and professional throughout the planning and on the day of my wedding. They truly went above and beyond! The food was delicious and the Country Club was beautiful inside and out!... Read More I couldn't be happier with every aspect of my wedding day!

A Hidden Gem

Reviewed on 11/12/2010 Kathie M

I have nothing but the most positive things to say about this venue. They are the sweetest most attentive staff. The location is beautiful and everything was handled perfectly. The price was very affordable for Long Island. Our guests loved the venue and can not stop raving... Read More about how wonderful everything was.

Wonderful experience at West Sayville Country Club

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Tara C

We planned our wedding at the WSCC in a little over 4 months and I am positive that we could not have done it without the help of the amazing staff. We were blessed with the most amazing sunset as we exchanged marriage vows on the golf course overlooking the Great South Bay. The... Read More food was great and the staff did a great job decorating the place with the stuff my husband and I made/bought for the affair. I'd recommend this venue to anyone.

TO Mansion at West Sayville