Maple Shade Farm

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue

Planning

2066 County Hwy 18, Delhi, NY (607) 746-8866

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Diana R

We just had or wedding July 1, 2017 at Maple Shade and it was everything we could have hoped for. When my husband and I were looking for venues, we stopped as soon as we visited Maple Shade Farm. It's old charm and rustic accents are perfect. The rolling hills in the backdrop... Read More make for amazing scenery. Jay and Abby are wonderful and help through every step of the way. Abby's vision and decorations were perfect. Their list of vendors are fabulous. We went with all suggestions they gave to us. Everyone complimented our food, dj, photographer, and venue. We live in the area but had a lot of out of town guests who all raved about the venue saying, "it was one of the best weddings they had been to." You will not regret booking with Jay and Abby.

Reviewed on 4/08/2017 Amanda W

Having our wedding at Maple Shade Farm was the best decision we could have made. We knew we wanted to have our wedding there the first time we visited. We had our own ideas about how our wedding should be and Jay and Abby took those ideas to another level. Everything was so... Read More beautiful. It was literally the best day of our lives! They surprised us with a vintage truck parked by the barn. Such a nice touch! The grounds are so well taken care of and the views are absolutely stunning. Literally the coolest barn I have ever seen. I can't say enough about our experience. Jay and Abby are so great to work with and I am truly happy that we discovered this gem of a place to have our special day. Highly recommended!!!

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Alicia M

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams at Maple Shade Farm. The venue is unique and unlike anything I've seen elsewhere on the market. If I remember correctly the barn is restored from the 1800s but maintains all it's rustic, original character with minor tweeks and... Read More updates to accommodate event services (ex: one of the stalls used for animals was turned into a bar, a small service kitchen was added..etc). With all it's rustic and raw charm, the barn needs very little in terms of decorations. String lights are already installed throughout the whole venue and the owners (Jay & Abby) have an impressive collection of antiques and accessories for you to personalize the space to your desire. The venue offers everything you would dream of in a Catskill wedding: beautifully manicured lawns, rustic charm, a constant bonfire that burns through the night, rolling hills surrounding the space and seclusion for you and your party. I can't rave enough about this place. It is a hidden gem and we feel so lucky to be a part of the history the barn holds. Jay and Abby could not have been better hosts. Their organization, style and guidance throughout the whole wedding process was impeccable. The barn is incredible but THEY are the key ingredient that made our experience absolutely perfect. Anyone who has the opportunity to share their wedding with them is very lucky. P.S. - On top of hosting the wedding of they year Abby also did our flowers! She is very talented in design and did a perfect job understanding my vision for the bouquets and venue. I highly suggest working with her!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Karina B

When we were still doing an online research of various venues in the Catskills, Maple Shade Farm stood out as the one we liked the most even just based on the pictures, reviews, location, etc. Unfortunately, when we initially contacted Abby and Jay, the venue was fully booked... Read More for the months we were considering for the wedding (and not surprisingly, as we were to later find out!), but since we were doing some scouting in the area, we decided to stop by and look at it anyways... And our minds were blown away! Set against the backdrop of mountains was everything we had envisioned: an old rustic yet elegant-looking barn, beautiful nature, low-key and cozy vibe, lots of space both inside and outside to let imagination run wild, and even an occasional handsome peacock making his way to the pond :) However, what makes this place stand out even more are the owners - Abby and Jay, - who kindly offered to open one of their generally unavailable weekends for our dream wedding exactly in the time-frame we were hoping for! Talk about flexibility! They both are extremely easygoing, laid back, yet professional and on point. Abby is the creative mind of the duo and she put a lot of effort and time into understanding and then manifesting our colorful, bohemian wedding. They also provide a list of local vendors they have worked with and recommend, and we ended up working with some of them as well. Whenever times got stressful, Abby and Jay were there to ensure everything was under control and were there to take care of any "hiccups" along the way. The wedding went fabulously and smoothly, and a lot of it had to do with Abby and Jay's oversight and supervision. Abby can make any, and I mean ANY bride's dream come true! Looking back at the day we went to look at the place for the firs time, we now know it was meant to be. We highly, HIGHLY recommend Maple Shade Farm :)

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Jacqueline N

When my husband and I set out in search of a wedding venue, Maple Shade Farm was the first and only place we looked at. It surpassed all of my expectations and was a truly a dream location. Once we met the owners of this amazing venue we knew we were in good hands. Throughout... Read More the year of planning Jay and Abby Wilson went above and beyond to help make our day special and unique to us. Not being from the area was a concern of ours, but they were so professional and always answered our phone calls and emails with enthusiasm! They each have a special gift that made it an absolute pleasure to work with them. They are both so calming, supportive, and helpful. Abby did a beautiful job on my flowers and came up with creative and stunning ways to execute my vision for decor. Jay helped the day run so smoothly. We can truly never thank them enough for all they did. Maple Shade Farm is a magical venue that I would highly recommend to anyone in search of a rustic, barn venue in the Catskills. Love, the Nerney's 8.13.2016

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Eliza B

Choosing to have our wedding at Maple Shade Farm was the best decision we made in the whole wedding planning process (aside from marrying each other in the first place). It's not just because of the beautiful setting or the unique two-level barn. It's because when you get... Read More married at Maple Shade Farm, you get Jay and Abby, who make it their business to make your wedding exactly what you have in mind. You want a different bar for your outdoor cocktail hour? They will make it from scratch with two days to go. You want chicken nuggets at midnight? They will make chicken nuggets happen. They make it their mission to understand your vision and help you accomplish it. They helped us figure out flowers, table runners, cocktail tables, extra lighting, you name it. And they were very open to working with all of the other vendors we brought in. We had so many people come up to us and tell us that it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and so much of that had to do with the amazing setting, nestled in the Catskill Mountains, the cozy and beautiful barn and the warmth you feel when you step onto the property. We had a lot of kids at our wedding, and they loved running around the pond and checking out the peacock, and their parents danced and danced the night away. It was an incredibly memorable day and we are so glad we chose to do it there, and so grateful to have made new friends in Jay and Abby.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Kristen T

If I could rate this place with 10 stars I would. My husband and I were married in June at Maple Shade and it truly felt like the Wilson's and Nikki were apart of our family. They were there for every step of the day(and before)-and we could not be more grateful. The barn, the... Read More scenery and decor are Absolutely stunning-but more importantly-everyone who helped us on our day (Jay, Abby, Nikki, Tito, Tim and team) were what made us the most happy. Their attention to detail and genuine care for our celebration made our day that much more special. I cannot say enough great things about this place! <3 The Finn's

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Julie F

Had the best experience with Jay and Abby! Our wedding day was absolutely perfect because of them two and I can't thank them enough.

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Sasha R

I got married at Maple Shade Farm last month, and it is hard to put into words just what an incredible experience it was! The farm is STUNNING- you could not ask for a more scenic and magical setting for a wedding. The barn is 2 floors and has so much space. There are many... Read More different areas for guests to explore and it has a really amazing rustic and vintage feel. The outdoor area is beautiful, complete with a pond, fire pit, and peacocks roaming around! However, it is really Jay and Abby Wilcon who make Maple Shade Farm such a special and unique place. Our wedding would not have happened without all of Jay and Abby's hard work and guidance. Throughout the whole planning process, they were there to answer questions, give advice, and keep us sane! They became like family to us and they are just some of the most hard working, creative, and personable people you will ever meet. We chose to use Abby for our decor and flowers and she seriously went above and beyond our expectations. She knew us better than we knew ourselves! After hearing our ideas and looking at some Pinterest pages, Abby transformed the space in the most incredible way and put in so many personalized details that reflected who we are as a couple. On the day of the wedding, the Wilson family was there with us every step of the way to make sure that everything went smoothly. They handled everything from coordinating our vendors to doing last minute repairs on my ripped dress! We completely put our trust in them and our wedding was nothing short of incredible. People are still talking about how it was one of the most fun and unique weddings they had ever been to! This is a really special venue and I am so happy that we chose Maple Shade Farm.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Rachel P

My husband and I just got married at Maple Shade this weekend. Jay and Abby, the owners (more like wedding planners), are absolutely amazing. The barn is the perfect blend of rustic and chic. We got married in front of the pond, with the beautiful rolling mountains behind us.... Read More Abby is a human pinterest board. We told her what we liked and she created everything, and more! Jay is the builder. I told him I loved white birch and he cut down a white birch tree to create our chuppah -- and line the aisle with birch tree stumps! If you want a fairytale whimsical wedding, have your wedding at Maple Shade! You won't regret it :)

Reviewed on 12/19/2015 Shannon R

As many other reviews have said the Wilson family is awesome, and we agree! We cannot compliment the Wilson family enough, their laid back style was great since planning a wedding can get very stressful! They also make you feel like family; we knew from our first meeting with... Read More them at the farm that it was the right location & people for us. Three months after our wedding we're still receiving "that was the best wedding I've been to in a long time", although we put in a great deal of work, we know that the Wilson family also deserves A LOT of that credit, they truly turn the farm into a magical place on the day of the wedding and accommodated everything we were looking for.

Reviewed on 12/13/2015

Maple Shade Farm is picturesque, and Jay & Abby were amazing. They are incredibly friendly, responsive, easy-going, and capable all at the same time. Exactly the kind of people you want around when pulling off a wedding!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Amanda D

WE LOVE THE WILSONS! And we love their beautiful farm! Our Wedding was the most perfect day. It was more than I could have ever wanted. And the Barn was our foundation for that. Without Jay and Abby, our day wouldn’t have been ½ of what it was. From the moment we decided to... Read More have our wedding (ceremony included) at Maple Shade, to the moment we said our “I do’s,” we knew we made the best choice. Having our wedding at Maple Shade was more than just having our wedding at a “barn,” we truly felt like we became apart of their family and Jay and Abby treated us as such. In the months leading up to the wedding the Wilson’s were available by, phone, text, email, anything they were there and willing to help! Most of all, they were realistic about what we should expect from our day. But the best part was they let us TRULY enjoy our wedding. I cannot express how much they truly did for Mike and I. It was just incredible. Our plan was to have our wedding outside by the pond and then move inside for the fun! But it ended up raining and was super cold, BUT Jay and Abby took care of EVERYTHING! They transitioned everything inside, the y created a beautiful back drop for us and it was breath taking. We had 120 people in one room, and it was still such an incredibly intimate experience.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Emily K

Where do I even begin? From the very first visit with Jay and Abby, we just knew this was the place. The property is absolutely stunning and they have done an amazing job with recent upgrades and quaint little touches. The barn is gorgeous, and can accommodate large... Read More weddings. There is a full set up for a band to play (I had a 7 person band that fit very comfortably), or a DJ, and great sounding speakers to plug an ipod into! Beautifully strung lights with handmade farm tables, great antique/vintage touches, and TONS of room! The decorating abilities are endless, and their creative touches really set it apart from anything I've ever seen. Our guests were mesmerized by the uniqueness of the barn and the beauty of the property. There is a gorgeous pond, and view of the surrounding catskills when you walk outside. But the main reason I am so in love with this place, is the people. Jay and Abby treated us like family from the very beginning. They take the time to truly get to know you and form a relationship so they can understand you and make your day perfect. There were many times I was in over my head and they took the reins and truly calmed my fears. They have fabulous vendor recommendations! They have worked with everyone in the area and have great relationships and understanding of the surrounding businesses. They led me to both my amazing caterer and baker, and Abby herself does a wonderful job with flowers for fair pricing. When my band was 2 hours late (not on their vendor list ;) ), Jay and Abby had everything under control. Even in a stressful situation like that, I knew they had my back. Within moments Jay had microphones hooked up and we had the show on the road. The ability they have to really connect with you is special, and if your day is not everything you've ever wanted, they aren't happy until it is. I just could never say enough about our 2 year experience with Jay and Abby. They are family now, and will always be a special part of our story.

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Jessica C

Maple Shade Farms was the place to have a wedding! we couldn't have been happier to have are dreams come to life with the help and support from Jay and Abby Wilson! These guys are two great individuals who know how to bring your dreams to reality!!! the venue is beautiful and... Read More rustic and just PERFECT!!! We strongly Reccommend this venue to anyone looking to have a killer STRESS FREE wedding! 5 stars for killing it MAPLE SHADE!!!

MSF Vintage

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Amanda M

Maple Shade Farm is a beautiful, unique venue, but they are branching out to provide decor rentals as well. If the rustic, vintage look is what you're aiming at, check out MSF Vintage. They have all kinds of cool antique (or antique-looking) props to enhance the look of your... Read More wedding. Our reception was at another venue, but we rented some items to get the look we wanted. We got some small chalkboards (to provide instructions/signage for our guests) and an iron tree from which we hung the escort tags. Everyone raved about the awesome-looking tree (I wish I could attach a photo to this review!). While walking around the barn to pick out my stuff, I also got a glimpse at their awesome photo booth, which I hear they're planning to make mobile (if it isn't already; i.e. there's one set up in the barn but you could rent it for another space). With vintage clothes, props, and empty picture frames, it's definitely a more unique look than you'd get with a traditional curtained photo booth. It was tempting, but we were trying to keep things simple ;) My only caveat is that as a working farm, popular wedding venue, and host to lots of local events, these folks are very busy-- make your arrangements well in advance.