Maplewood Country Club

(24)

Maplewood, NJ

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

If You Can Dream It – We Will Make It Come True!

The professional staff will assist you to customize your affair to ensure the celebration is flawless. Acclaimed for outstanding cuisine, superb service, attention to detail and warm yet elegant ambience, we've maintained our long-standing reputation as one of the premier country clubs in New Jersey.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

$$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Country Club

28 Baker Street, Maplewood, NJ

Spectacular venue (2nd time my family had an event here!)

10/18/2014 Alexandra R

Maplewood Country Club was the PERFECT place to my have my wedding. 15 years ago I had the reception to my Bat Mitzvah here, and there are so many reasons why my husband and I decided to get married here. The club itself is just beautiful and the golf course grounds make for stunning photographs. The "living room" / cocktail area is gorgeous, and the ballroom is simply stunning and so elegant. The manager, Weisser Millien, is just amazing to work with. Every detail of the wedding (ceremony through cocktails through reception) was perfect. At one point during dinner, my 92 year old grandmother-in-law requested a specific food from cocktail hour, and Weisser happily fulfilled that request. Additionally, it was my mother-in-laws birthday. After we cut our wedding cake, a special birthday cake was brought out and all of our guests sang Happy Birthday. Our guests RAVED about the food (both quality and quantity) all night long. The food was beyond amazing. There were so many choices everywhere and people couldn't believe how delicious it was. Weisser worked closely with the florist and band to ensure that everything went off without a hitch! I am so grateful to Weisser and his staff at Maplewood Country Club for the stellar service, food, and all-over professionalism during the entire planning process and execution of my wedding. They are amazing.

A-Mazing Experience at The Maplewood Country Club

6/14/2014 Jen M

Bobby and I got married in Maplewood New Jersey on June 27, 2014 and we had our reception at the Maplewood Country Club. It was an amazing experience and beyond what I could have imagined. We still have not stopped talking about it and neither have our families! We had a long engagement, which meant that we had lots of time to look around. When I walked in the Maplewood, I knew immediately that we would have our reception here. We were looking for a classy place that wasn’t too “Jersey” and that would be able to hold our 200+ guest list. After we booked, we worked with Weisser (the event manager) for more than a year to plan this day! He was a pleasure to work with and catered to our EVERY need. And as a type A person myself, there were a lot of needs all packaged into checklists over several emails. Every time we reached out to Weisser and/or met at the Club, we were treated as if we’d been members for years. The cake tasting experience was probably my favorite part! It also helped that this was a one-stop-shop – everything was included, no upselling (the cake, up-lighting, ice vodka luge, everything!) On the day of the wedding, we did not stop hearing from people how amazing the food, drinks (including our signature drink) and service was. I think people thought that the cocktail hour was the “wow” factor, until they were served dinner, followed by ice cream pops on the dance floor, followed by a hotdog stand on the way out. It was surprise after surprise. And everything Weisser had promised us, was there and then some! If you are looking to have a classy wedding that continues to impress you and your guests as the night goes on, the Maplewood Country Club is where you need to be. After looking at several venues on Long Island and all over NJ, this is a hidden gem that tops them all and Weisser is their best kept secret.

Dream Wedding!!

4/11/2014 Erin G

We recently held our April wedding at Maplewood country Club. this was the first and last wedding venue we looked at for the following reasons. Weisser and the staff there are an absolute dream to work with. I have never had such an experience where you ask questions of a vendor and every answer is "yes". Weisser is SO accommodating and truly an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't recommend Maplewood enough; they take care of everything so that you can and sit back, relax and enjoy your day. The property, the service, the food are top notch! our guests are still raving about the food! Maplewood Country Club is a hidden gem and Weisser is phenomenal. I can't thank them enough for making our dream wedding come true!

Wedding in Maplewood

3/29/2014 Jillian C

The venue was gorgeous and very accommodating. It was my grandfather's birthday and they made a special cake for him so we could all sing. Of course I didn't get to eat much or enjoy the drinks. I was promised a personal butler and food in the bridal suite and I didn't get that individualized service I was promised. No one knew who I or my parents were to make sure we got select service. That was a little disappointing. The room was beautiful and the food was fantastic.

Everything we wanted

12/06/2013 Mariajose M

After visiting a couple of wedding venues and being treated so poorly we were down and out on the whole wedding experience. Until we got to Maplewood Country Club. THANK GOD for Weisser! Through out the entire process he made us feel so special and respected, and we didnt feel like just another couple getting married. We loved the space because it gave the wedding a warm and unique feeling, which many of the other locations were so cold and blah. It was very important to us to have good food and wine. They hit it out of the park with both. Guests are still telling me how delicious the food and wine was. Cocktail hour was amazing, guests didn't want it to end!! And when Weisser tells you that you can have whatever you want, he means it!! My requests for fried pickle spears were granted. The whole process was quite fun with Weisser and the wedding was everything I dreamed about. People left with full bellys and a smile on their face. After attending so many weddings to be told that your wedding is hands down the best they have ever attended, you know you picked the right venue to make it happen. A huge thank you to Weisser and the group at Maplewood Country Club, you made our dreams come true!

Maplewood Country Club - Fabulous Wedding Venue!! Highly Recommend

11/17/2013 Julie C

We are so thrilled that we chose Maplewood Country Club as the venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. I visited at least 15 venues in NJ and was not impressed with any of them except Maplewood. It felt like you were a guest in their home, a cozy yet really elegant atmosphere, perfect for our wedding and number of guests we were expecting. Weisser was amazing and so responsive throughout the whole process, answering many questions and letting me and my family come to the venue as many times as we wanted to sit down and chat and finalize all details. I felt very comfortable there. All I kept hearing about Maplewood from others was the food, the food the food! and they were right. I didn't get to eat much of it because as the bride I was dancing and chatting but the cocktail hour was amazing - really good and the dinner was fantastic - really above and beyond what you expect at weddings. Really nice. Everything was easy and many of our guests said it was the best wedding they've been to. It was also perfect for a November wedding as the golf course was beautiful and green and there were some leaves still on the trees for pictures. Inside we had the fires going, and it was so cozy and beautiful. This venue, staff and food are top notch. Highly recommend!!

Best Wedding Ever!!

11/24/2013 Jared S

Weisser and the staff at Maplewood Country Club are top notch when it comes to making your special day unforgettable. From start to finish, you feel warm, welcomed, and very comfortable in knowing that every little detail will be handled with care. My wife and I were married on November 24, 2013 at Maplewood Country Club and one of the best compliments we recieved was it was the best wedding anyone had ever been to! From the food, to the service, to the venue, the layout, and the overall experience, Maplewood was able to deliver upon everything. Thank you so much Maplewood for making our special day one that we will never forget!!

Wedding at Maplewood Country Club

6/15/2013 Jenna A

I recently had my wedding at Maplewood Country Club and would highly recommend it to any couple looking for a wedding venue in Northern New Jersey. Overall, the experience was very positive - from the planning process through the actual big day. I can't say enough good things! The staff is very professional and completely put our mind at ease so that we could just sit back and enjoy the day. The venue itself is beautiful - very tasteful and elegant. The food is spectacular - are guests are still raving about it, saying they wish they could have eaten more! My guests have literally told me that our wedding was the best they had been to and that was in no doubt due to Maplewood Country Club.

A Wonderful Wedding Experience!

6/08/2013 Lauren D

I cannot even express how amazing Maplewood Country Club was for our wedding. We got married on June 8, 2013 and the place, food and staff were unbelievable. We still have friends and family calling us to talk to us about how wonderful the night was. We worked with Weisser to plan the whole night and he was just great to deal with. He was always available and eager to help and was there for whatever you needed. He threw in so many surprises that made the night even more amazing as the night went on. The food was incredible and there were so many fun options to choose from, Weisser even catered to special requests for the cocktail hour!! The staff was so professional and went out of their way to make sure everything and everyone was perfect. We cannot thank them enough for such a perfect evening. Overall there was not one thing we could complain about. The Maplewood Country Club is by far the best wedding venue in NJ and we could not have picked a better place for our wedding. Thank you to everyone who made our day so perfect especially Weisser!! Lauren and Jason

An Unforgettable Evening at the Maplewood Country Club

4/13/2013 Sheri J

For those of you who prefer not to read through long reviews and would like a short version, let me sum up why the Maplewood Country Club was the perfect place for our wedding reception in a few bullet points: -The Food -The Service -The Venue -Weisser -Did I mention the food? Now the long review... My fiance and I looked at a dozen or so wedding venues in Northern NJ before deciding on the MCC. It was a long process as we were looking for the perfect balance of venue, food and quality of service. We had initially chosen another venue in NJ by the water with a beautiful view of the Manhattan skyline but after visiting the MCC seeing the immaculate grounds, the clubhouse, the beautiful banquet hall and speaking with Weisser we just knew this was the perfect venue for us and our 160+ guests. Our wedding was held on Saturday April 13, 2013 at a Church with our reception at 6:30 at the Maplewood Country Club. Thankfully the weather was great and we were able to take beautiful photos with our bridal party on the grounds before going into the clubhouse for cocktail hour. There was so much food at the cocktail hour that many of our guests thought it was dinner! We had American, Italian, Portuguese, and Chinese cuisines, carving stations, and the alcohol was flowing. The staff had decorated the venue beautifully and had even accommodated several of our guests who had arrived before our reception started to drinks and snacks (its the little things that most people don't think about but go a long way, most other venues will make your guests wait). Dinner was absolutely amazing, if you're considering having your reception here be sure to put the Chilean Sea Bass on the menu! I was a skeptic at first, as many venues claim they make great sea bass and few actually do but it was absolutely the best tasting sea bass I've ever had. The staff made sure everything went smoothly throughout the night, they were extremely professional, polished and responsive to all our guests. Kudos to our DJ, Elite Rhythms Entertainment for keeping the party rocking. You know you had a good wedding party if the lights come on at the end of the night and most of your guests are still there! At the end of the night our guests were treated with ice cream, hot dogs and burgers from White Castle on their way out the door. For any Millennials getting married you already know White Castle is the absolute perfect meal to end your night. For days after, all our guests kept talking about was the food. I mean they'd never seen or eaten so much before! After we came back from our honeymoon we realized that our caketop had been "misplaced", a call to Weisser and he was able to get us a replacement from the original baker! Again its the little things. In summary, we had the time of our lives at MCC and recommend it for anyone looking for wedding venues. You can't go wrong here and I encourage to take a trip to the club to check it out, and remember..Ask for Weisser!

Maplewood Country Club

4/20/2013 Meghan K

I recently tied the knot in April of 2013 and we had our reception at the Maplewood Country Club. We had a lot of trouble finding a venue that didn't have bad carpet, ugly curtains & outdated furniture. A lot of places looked like your typical banquet hall and that was not the look we were going for! Finally we found the Maplewood Country Club! The moment we walked in, we knew we found our venue, the inside is elegant, modern and intimate. You don't feel like your at a typical wedding venue, especially since they only have one event at a time. Not to mention, the food is INSANE!! The cocktail hour was incredible, our guests are still raving about the food!! Weisser, the Manger of the club is AMAZING! Whatever you need, he'll help make happen! He is so great to work with and is an overall great person too! If you are looking for a elegant yet intimate venue, Maple Country Club is the place for you!!! Book it, sooner than later! :)

Unforgettable Evening at the BEST Venue in NJ

4/27/2013 Kristy M

Our wedding was held on April 27, 2013 at Maplewood Country Club. I would highly recommend this venue to any NJ brides beginning their search. The moment I walked in the front door I knew this was the place I would have my wedding. The ballroom is nothing short of spectacular and the golf course and the rest of the club are beautiful. As for service, their event manager Weisser is absolutely amazing. He is attentive, extremely accommodating and has a staff that is so friendly and warm that you feel like you’re in someone’s home. Being an event planner, I have high expectations and pay a great deal of attention to the details - Weisser and his staff got everything right. Last but certainly not least, I come from an Italian family where food is the most important part of any event or holiday. I can say that the food at MCC was the best I've ever had - 5 stars! Our guests are still talking about not only the dinner but the amazing cocktail hour and hot dog cart at the end of the evening! I hope that anyone reading this makes a trip to the club to see what they have to offer. I promise your wedding will be unforgettable if you go with Maplewood Country Club.

The Perfect Day!

1/20/2012 Nicole C

I had the most amazing experience with this venue and the people!.....I don't even know where to start. My husband and I visited six different venues in one weekend and by that following Monday, we decided on The Maplewood Country Club. The place itself was so elegant and meeting Weisser was such a great experience that we settled on our decision a day later. Planning a wedding can be extremely stressful as most brides know, but I had a personal circumstance in which I had to plan a wedding in three months. Weisser took all the venue stress away from us, and had an awesome personality and great sense of humor. The owner Mike is a great guy too. We met him as well. Mike and Weisser made us feel so comfortable like we were old friends. The day of the wedding was as smooth as could be. We did the ceremony there, and had some very young nephews as guests that started to get fussy and cry. I heard them stop soon after. I later found out from my mom that Weisser had come in and gave my nephew an ice cream cone so he would not cry anymore while we were saying our vows. How cool is that?!?! Anyway, I could go on and on, but the reason I am writing this review is because they thoroughly impressed me. I tend to not write reviews, but my husband and I went from, lets just get married in Vegas since we are not planners or wedding people, to oh my god, we are so glad we did it this way. My guests are still talking about how it was the BEST wedding they have ever been to. And did I mention I'm a foodie? Another reason I decided on this place. I heard they had the best food hands down, and this was coming from a chef that is employed somewhere else. He attended another wedding at the Maplewood Country Club and said their bone-in Filet was the best he ever had. We added that to our package and I'm still hearing about it to this day from my family and friends. Obviously, this was the best day of our lives, but the MCC made it 100 times better:)

Absolute Perfection from Beginning to End

10/12/2012 Devin G

More than two months after our wedding, people are STILL talking about what a fabulous event it was! The food was amazing, the staff went above and beyond for us and our guests and every single person left impressed. Weisser, the event manager, worked with all of our vendors and made sure everything went seamlessly. He even let us use a golf cart for our pictures which resulted in some stunning pictures on the golf course. The whole day was relaxed and easy- everything went off without a hitch. I would definitely recommend Maplewood Country Club for anyone looking for a beautiful venue with fantastic food and service that your guests will be talking about for months.

Perfection

9/29/2012 Amy S

Maplewood Country Club made my wedding day seamless and perfect. The day and evening moved along smoothly with the help of the incredible staff. The club has been renovated in the past year so the decor is gorgeous. Most importantly, the food was the hit of the evening. All of the guests could not stop raving out the incredible food! I would recommend this venue with my highest regard!

Great venue!

5/19/2012 Gillian S

I had my Wedding reception at Maplewood Country Club in May of this year and now almost 6 months later, our guests and family are still raving about the food and service! We chose MCC after looking at several reception halls and other country clubs in NJ. Some just felt too stuffy or had confusing packages. As soon as we walked into MCC, we felt comfortable and excited, knowing that Weisser, and his crew, would handle everything. He's been there for over a decade, so organizing and throwing a fantastic party, comes second nature. I didn't have a wedding planned and am not the most organized, but he answered all my emails very quickly and when it came to the Wedding Day, he was there helping me and my husband be wherever we needed to be from the pictures, introductions, dinner, toasts, cake and more. I highly recommend Maplewood Country Club.. and the food really is delicious!

Just Say Yes

8/25/2012 Brittany S

I heard about the Maplewood Country Club from two different sources when planning my daughter's wedding. After meeting with Weisser, the Catering Asstistant Manager, I decided to book this venue based on an over all good feeling that I had after touring the facility. I'm glad I followed my instincts because the event, which took place on 25, August 2012, was an absolute stand out. Here is my advice to any guest that may be attending a party here consisting of two different approaches. First, consider a crash diet for a week prior to the party to prepare for all of the delicacies that will be tempting you such as lamb chop carving stations, lobster, oyster, sushi and caviar bars to name a few. The second method of preparation might be stuffing yourself and stretching your stomach for a week before the event so that you could easily consume every tasting offered throughout the evening. Not only is the food superb, but the service and atmosphere will not disappoint even the most discerning consumer. If you want a classy, warm and outstanding event, book this venue. I'm glad I did. Kudos to Weisser and the entire staff. I hope that one day I am lucky enough to return as a guest at someone else's wedding so I can have this experience again.

We Couldn't Have Had a More Perfect Wedding...

10/21/2011 Mary U

My husband and I had actually had our rehearsal dinner AND wedding at the Maplewood Country Club in October 2011. Words cannot describe how perfect our wedding was...and the Maplewood Country Club had EVERYTHING to do with it! They were so accommodating and over the top helpful. If we had ANY request, Michael and Weisser were eager to fulfill it. They really know everything there is to know about weddings and entertaining! And don't even get me started on the food! Our family and friends are still raving about it! It was over the top delicious and there was so much of it! Food pretty much everywhere you turned. At one point, I guess the sushi chef saw that I wasn't able to eat much (brides and grooms will understand this), so he made me a plate and had it delivered to me way on the other side of the room. I ate the entire plate of sushi and much more! Seriously, if you are looking for the PERFECT ambiance, amazing food, and amazing people to work with...look no further! The Maplewood Country Club is as good as it gets! Thats why my in-laws threw our rehearsal dinner there, too! Nothing compares to the level of quality & class the Maplewood Country Club delivers. It is hands down the best place in NJ to get married. Book it now (and invite me, too!) :)

wonderful venue

8/12/2012 Rosemary D

My daughter's wedding was held here August 2012. Food and service was fabulous, and Weisser couldn't have been more helpful. Guests had a wonderful time, and still commenting on venue and especially the food.

AMAZING JOB!!

9/23/2012 Sabrina R

Hi, Weisser & Mike! Maplwood Country Club did an astonishing job on our wedding! Weisser & Michael both were truly wonderful to work with and I could not have picked a better venue for our special day! Maplewood exceeded our wildest expectations in terms of food, service, hospitality, atmosphere, etc. I am so appreciative of the extreme hard work and effort that Maplewood put into making this experience for my family & friends everything I imagined it to be and so much more! Friends & family are raving about our wedding saying things like, "it is the BEST wedding we have been to!", "great food....", "so much food!!!", "#1 venue", "never been to such a beautiful venue before!", etc. Simply amazing job!! I HIGHLY recommend Maplewood for the wedding of your DREAMS!!

Best wedding EVER

6/02/2012 tracy t

My husband and I held our wedding reception at the Maplewood Country Club, and it was hands down, the best wedding I've ever been to (I'm not biased - all the guests are still talking about it too!) the cocktail hour was AMAZING, there was so much food, people thought it was a buffet dinner. They were shocked when they got led into the gorgeous ballroom for even more food (bone-in filet!). Weisser (the GM) was a superstar, he made sure that everything went as smooth as possible, and it did. Small details like, every table having their own waitress went a long way. Anything your heart desired, the club made sure that it happened. It had been recently renovated, it was so cozy, yet elegant. The back deck was open during cocktail hour/dinner which was great too!

Most Amazing Wedding Venue!

9/22/2012 Laurie L

If you are getting married in NJ, you must check out this venue. I can’t speak highly enough about the ambiance, beauty of the facility, fantastic food and the amazing staff led by Assistant Manager, Weisser Millien and General Manager Michael Lusk. When we were looking at wedding venues I had the good fortune of stumbling upon this venue while searching venues on theknot.com. There we not very many reviews but those reviews that they did have were fantastic. I even told Weisser he needs to have his brides post more reviews because I am telling you this is an incredible venue. I feel like it's the best kept secret and I am so thrilled with the wedding we had that I felt compelled to share. From our first meeting we loved Weisser and the venue is recently renovated and absolutely gorgeous. It feels very warm and welcoming like coming into someone’s home which we loved. The ballroom is big and with a good layout. The area for the cocktail hour is so fantastic with multiple rooms all connected and even outdoor space. They have a beautiful fireplace and mantel and great bar as well in the cocktail area. Also, there is only one wedding at a time so no sharing of your venue which was really nice. The food was out of this world. The amount of food we had was truly insane and all of it was really good and very high quality. My friends and family could not stop talking about the food and how great it was. The cocktail hour had at least 5 or 6 different food stations plus a sushi bar, vodka and caviar bar, pizzas, tons of passed horderves, carving station, amazing seafood bar, etc. They even added a special polish station for us because at our tasting my mom mentioned she was Polish and they offered to add this which was so fantastic. And that was just cocktail hour. Dinner and Dessert were equally impressive. The service was top notch and I loved the fact that everything was included. There was no tiered approach to the menu, no upselling. Basically whatever we wanted and more! Compared to other venues that had similar pricing, what we got from the Maplewood Country Club was so far superior. Weisser made the whole day so seamless. He made sure we had everything we needed and he just runs impeccable events. Anything you might think you need to worry about, he has it covered. My only regret is I wish I could do it all over again and I seriously hope someone else I know gets married here because I can’t wait to go back!

Best Wedding Ever

6/19/2012 Joyce C

I just went to a wedding at the Maplewood Country Club on 6/15/12. It was by far the best wedding I have ever been to and I've been to many in my lifetime. The venue was breathtaking, the food was the best I've ever had at a wedding and I can't say enough about the wait staff. I would highly recommend it to anyone planning an affair.

Top Notch

10/14/2011 Michelle D

My husband and I would highly recommend Maplewood County Club. From the staff to the food everything was top notch. Almost three months later people are still talking about the lamb chops, crab cocktails and the hot dog cart parked by the door at the end of the night. When we first went to Maplewood, Weiser, the assistance GM told my family we were going to eat, drink and have a good time. He was absolutely right. The service was great, the food was mouth watering and the staff know how to make you feel like part of their family. Great Wedding Venue!

Send Email