Marcia Selden Catering and Event Planning

The perfect wedding celebrates love, romance and a wish for the future.Intimate and exclusive or large and effusive, this is a day to honor whims and wishes. Whatever your vision...refined black-tie or backyard Bar-B-Q...we specialize in creating and orchestrating the reception of your dreams.

Cuisine

American, Fusion

Food + Catering

65 Research Drive, Stamford, CT (203) 353-8000

Jennifer Reilly is my Hero

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Caroline S

The saddest part about my wedding being over is that I no longer have a need to communicate with Jennifer Reilly from Marcia Selden catering. Over the course of planning this wedding, she has become an integral part of my day to day wellbeing. I requested that I be somewhat... Read More hands-off in the planning (my husband and I are both doctoral students, so our availability was very limited), and she did an incredible job of keeping as much off my plate as possible. She understood what I wanted and what I needed and was able to manage at the helm without any further guidance. She also kept me sane through the typical tumults of wedding planning (vendor hiccups, family conflicts, you name it). She is so incredibly organized (and works around the clock!) that the last week before the wedding was basically a breeze. The day of, she was ready with everything I needed -- bandaids, TideSticks, umbrellas for when it rained despite Weather Channel predicting clear skies, you name it -- and she anticipated many of my needs before I said anything. My wedding party was astonished at how unbelievably effective she was at arranging every step of the process, and we all agreed that this wedding would not have come together had it not been for the unbelievable work of Jennifer Reilly. If only I could hire her to plan the rest of my life, I would be all set!

The BEST day of my life!

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 mary m

From a perfectionist, type "a" personality, self proclaimed foodie bride I must say that Robin and Marcia helped to make my wedding more than I could ever dream of and truly the best day of my life! There was not one detail missed, the food was so imaginative and delicious and... Read More the staff so courteous and attentive. From the moment I met them I knew they were the team for me! A decision that was almost as good as saying "yes' to my husbands proposal. We so look forward to sharing years of happy occasions with them!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016

What an exceptional planner, menu and staff experience. Made the party super classy. We were able to just relax and party!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Brielle Z

I am so thankful to have worked with the team at Marcia Selden Catering for our wedding. This is the most professional team you could dream of, the food is custom created and designed specifically for you and your guests. Their food is absolutely delicious and they are focused... Read More on taste and presentation. Everyone thought our food was spectacular and the service was even better. Thank you so much to Jeffrey Selden for making the process so fun! Can't wait to work with you again!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Karolina K

We would like to thank you and the entire staff for making our party such a success. Everyone loved and raved about the food, the outstanding service and the attention to detail (serving drinks, pouring water, seamless clean-up). It was a memorable night for our entire... Read More family. Not having to worry about the food and all the preparing, cooking, serving , cleaning up etc. allowed us to focus all our energy in making our guests feel like they were on top of the world! Thank you so much for giving us a stress-free , fun, spectacular night. Jennifer Reilly did an amazing job! Right from the beginning, I knew that we had selected the right caterer. You arranged the party layout including the casino tables, provided fun and themed food recommendations and was accommodating and flexible when working with our budget. I really enjoyed working with you and look forward to our next event. To sum it up, having you and the Marcia Selden staff gave us only one thing to do: Enjoy the party!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Meg S

Emily Bonenfant, you were truly a rock star and a pleasure to work with. Every question or unsolicited suggestion we had was met with a smile and at the very least an attempted solution. Every time we saw you throughout the day we knew we were in good hands. Jeffrey Selden, we... Read More were so happy you were on hand for our wedding. Having been such a big part of it, it felt fitting for you to be there. Your positivity before the show got started was extremely reassuring. The food was spectacular. We know this not only because we got to sample some of it, but because nearly every single guest remarked at how amazing it was. As suspected, most didn't realize it was kosher and the kosher people said it was the best they'd ever had. Your team was amazing. Several guests remarked at how wonderful they were, and that's the first time I've heard something like that for an event. Everyone was extremely professional and congenial. They went out of their way to make us feel special and they succeeded.... Which brings us to Barbara from your team. It's evident why she gets that assignment, which I had never even heard of before (great idea). She was our rock. She made us feel like a million bucks. We're thrilled with our decision to work with you. We look forward to working with you on another event or celebration. All the best and until next time!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jimena S

To Jeffrey Selden and the rest of the MSC team. Our thanks to you and your team for creating a great memory for our family. Your team was exceptional. Jennifer Reilly was truly a delight to work with and kept things calm and organized on both Friday and Saturday. Can’t say... Read More enough good things about the overall outcome. My personal thanks to you and your team.

2016-10-19T13:25:33 Response from the vendor

We are so happy you chose us to be there for you on your wedding day! It was so much fun! A great party. We look forward to working with you again. Thank you for the wonderful review.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sasha M

We are just getting back into the swing of things after our honeymoon and still coming off of the high of it all. We seriously cannot thank you enough for all that you (plus the entire Marcia Selden crew!) did to make our wedding a dream come true -- the whole experience was... Read More truly incredible, with HUGE thanks to you all at Marcia Selden! In all of the fun party analysis and recaps we have done since the wedding, there is not one conversation that does not mention the food! You guys knocked it out of the ballpark, and we will continue to host parties just to have you all cater them (not to mention our friends and family will probably do the same) :) Not only did the food and service speak for itself, but you and your family and full staff are seriously such a pleasure to work with. Thank you for being the amazing, friendly, professional and fun people that you are -- there is nobody we would have rather had with us for our special weekend. Thank you again and we will be seeing you soon!

2016-10-19T13:19:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We absolutely loved being a part of your special day, it truly was magnificent. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon. We appreciate your review!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Heather M

The team at Marcia Selden is first class all the way. Working with them for our wedding was a dream come true. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the food and their staff is absolutely fabulous--professional in every sense. Our wedding menu was creative, delicious, and FUN.... Read More Thank you to Jeffrey Selden and the team!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Sam B

Working with everyone at Marcia Selden Catering was a dream come true. They guided us through the entire process with ease, and everything at our wedding was delicious from A-Z!! We had a lot of special requests and last minute questions that came up and Jennifer Reilly... Read More answered every single one and always had an idea we never thought of. The food was inventive and presented beautifully, first class all the way! Thank you so much to everyone on your team!

2016-09-16T13:12:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy you had a wonderful wedding and look forward to working with you in the future!

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 TERRI T

Truly Magnificent! I cannot say enough wonderful things about Marcia Selden Catering. They were AMAZING, down to every last detail. The food was beyond delicious and the presentation was creative and beautiful. We worked with Emily Bonefant who was great and was a pleasure to... Read More work with. She made sure that everything went off without hitch on the day of our wedding. The entire staff was incredible, they were gracious, attentive and professional, they went above and beyond. All of our guests couldn't stop talking about how fantastic the food was and how spectacular the staff was. Did I mention the cake, it was gorgeous and delicious, too! Thanks to MSC the night was truly magical and one we will never forget.

2016-06-22T13:04:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you on making your special day everything you dreamed of! We wish you all the happiness, love and good food in the world!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Court H

Marcia Selden Catering is doing my wedding in 2017 but they just handled my engagement party and they were the absolute best. Their staff is second to none, presentation of food gets reactions from your guests and everything (EVERYTHING!) is delicious. The entire team including... Read More Jeffrey Selden only wants to please you as their client and make sure you're happy--it's really wonderful working with them. THANK YOU!

2016-06-22T13:07:01 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your review! Our team was so thrilled to work with you on the planning of your big day and we love that you and your guests enjoyed yourselves so much! Congratulations!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Cloe S

Everyone at Marcia Selden Catering & Event Planning made our wedding the most delicious and fun night of our lives! Our food was completely unique, totally customized and our guests were totally wowed by everything. They are so creative and a pleasure to work with. Thank you... Read More MSC!!

2016-06-22T13:05:49 Response from the vendor

It was our absolute pleasure. We love making our clients dream weddings a reality!

Reviewed on 11/19/2015

I’m a Marcia Selden Catering fangirl! They gave us the most amazing day and I loved everyone on their staff. I was so calm on my wedding day and I know why! Our secret weapon was Jennifer Reilly, our event planner and catering manager. We were concerned about not having the... Read More time to properly plan the wedding we wanted, but once Jennifer came into our life, we worried no more! She’s superwoman--detail oriented, creative, and knows the wedding business and the ins and outs that us outsiders have no clue about. She was the go-to person on the day of our wedding and took care of every last detail. I know Marcia Selden’s food well, you can't go wrong. I knew I wanted my favorites like the Lamb Lollipops, their ridiculously delicious Truffle Fries, and fabulous Apple Butternut Squash Soup poured tableside. Jennifer suggested delicious entrees like braised Short Ribs with herbs and Polenta. Everyone raved about the food and I’m still getting emails about our Pie Bar….with several types of pies for dessert, along with Cinnamon Churros and several types of their homemade ice cream and toppings. Honestly it was an amazing process and perfect day, I can’t wait to work with Jennifer and everyone at Marcia Selden Catering again.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kelly B

I hired Marcia Selden and her team to cater my wedding but about halfway through the planning process I hired them to the planning for my wedding too. There is something to be said for working with experienced, professional people who actually care! Emily Bonefant was my main... Read More contact and she had everything handled from soup to nuts. From suggesting menus to talking through our staffing needs, she made the entire process seamless and fun. Our food was unbelievable and I defy you to find another caterer who creates the hors d'oeurvres they do. They are out of this world!!! I'm still dreaming of Salted Caramel Macarons. Emily packed a to-go box of food for my fiance and I to enjoy after the wedding since we were floating around the room having the time of our life. Thank you to everyone at MSC for making our wedding day truly special and absolutely delicious.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Rinku K

Lovely and Amazing! Those were the two most frequent comments on our wedding food:) I'm so grateful to Marcia Selden and her team. I worked with Tasmin and she made sure everything went off with out a hitch. She has the calmest demeanor and I completely trusted her and everyone... Read More came through and made it a great evening! We had a beautiful cocktail hour with very heavy hors d'oeuvres and a couple of fun specialty cocktails they helpful us design. Dinner was amazing and we got rave reviews on just about everything. It was an amazing day thank you SO SO much!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Sacha R

I'm writing this review relaxing on the beach from my Honeymoon but I wanted to say that EVERYONE at Marcia Selden Caterting is amazing and they helped make our wedding day so special (and yummy). Our food was first class, the staff was friendly (and funny!) and professional.... Read More They worked so hard to ensure we were happy with our menus and our food choices. They gave me ideas I would never have thought of that my guests were totally excited about. My mother (who is the pickiest eater ever!!) said she loved everything including the delicious salmon that was so flavorful. Thank you to the fantastic team and I would absolutely recommend MSC to anyone who is engaged and planning a wedding.You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Maggie B

I am having a big wedding and I also have a very high-stress job that requires me to travel often. I wanted to take a moment to say that the process of working with Jeffrey and everyone at MSC is amazing. They are handling the food and event planning and I actually look forward... Read More to our scheduled calls with them because they are so easy and fun to work with! They take the pressure off. They are always ready to go with their recommendations and when I have questions or concerns they guide me and my fiancee and make all the big decisions easy. You can't put a price on that guidance especially when you have a large wedding with a lot of cultural elements.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

Marcia Selden Catering left me asking myself was my Wedding night real or was it just a fairytale and the answer is both! I had my fairytale wedding and it was all due to the unforgettable staff and the absolute delicious food that kept flowing all night. I can truly say our... Read More wedding was the talk of the town and years later still is! Marcia Selden is legendary!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Heather C

I am really excited about my wedding menu but my bridal shower a few weeks back was so amazing. The food at showers usually leaves a lot to be desired, but they literally wowed every single one of my guests, including my family that never eats anything but the standard salad,... Read More pasta, meat. We had a beautiful brunch with fresh fruits on skewers, an amazing berry quinoa crumble with berries and a ridiculously good egg strata with onions and gruyere that were served in mini-cast iron pans. I wanted the food to be somewhat healthy and Marcia's team had so many options that were delicious and light. The staff was so kind and professional, and did an excellent job cleaning up. Can't wait till the wedding!

Reviewed on 9/03/2015 Jennifer B

Marcia Selden catered my engagement party and we have hired them for our wedding next year. My fiance and I wanted a chic and modern clambake--and everything was absolutely amazing. Everything was fresh and we had many fun additions like a 'corn roast', where guests dipped... Read More roasted corn still on the husk into hand-drawn butter. The lobsters were so fresh and the presentation was gorgeous in the large traditional pots. Their staff is amazing, they work in-house with Marcia Selden, so they are all pros and very well trained. The process for our wedding is underway and my favorite part of the weekend has become reading through the options for our wedding menu!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015

Marcia Selden transformed our home into the perfect venue for our daughter's summer wedding. Our guests are still talking about the delicious food. Beautiful and Flawless! We could not have done it without them!!

Thankful for their guidance!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015 Caroline C

My wedding was outdoors at a family members residence. Everyone at Marcia Selden eased my nerves about the logistics of catering a wedding outdoors at a private home were addressed from day 1 and they helped me every step of the way. These are seasoned professionals and... Read More they know the ins and outs of catering in any space. My guests were so impressed with them and our food was delicious and I licked my plate! I never thought I'd eat at my wedding but I did and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite! My guests were so impressed with everything and absolutely loved our passed desserts (including the mini ice cream sandwiches!) Thank you so much for everything!!

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Ashley B

There's a reason she's famous. My mother's friend recommended them to us and we were wowed from the first meeting. They tailored everything to our tastes (we went with the customized station option that they suggested) and the creativity and thoughtfulness came through on our... Read More wedding day--everyone was wowed. It's hard to pick favorites but we LOVED the 'Little Italy' themed station with wild mushroom ravioli, sweet potato gnocchi with zucchini and garlic and everyone was really impressed with the 'Steak House' station with filet of beef and amazing sides like truffled mashed potatoes. The team is amazing and we loved their staff and the planning process was super fun. You guys are the best! Thank you so much!

The definition of perfection.

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Everything about our daughter's wedding was superb, the amazing staff were the very definition of perfection! I continue to get phone calls raving about the food and the service! Robin and Jennifer were at the top of their game, and we felt truly blessed and grateful for... Read More them, and everyone who helped make it the best wedding we've ever been to!

Meet The President

Marcia Selden

The Grande Dame of Catering in Connecticut and beyond, Marcia Selden has been setting trends in the catering industry for over 35 years. In her early career she was a flourishing jewelry designer, when a friend asked her if she knew of a good caterer for a small wedding. A passionate cook and frequent entertainer, Marcia literally stepped up to the plate and a catering business was born. Today, a 'Marcia Selden Party' has become synonymous with the magic touch. She still has her hand in every pie (or in this case, party) and that’s just the way Marcia likes it!

Start a Conversation!