Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100

750 McGlincy Lane, Campbell, CA (408) 379-2226

Wedding cake

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Debra P

We loved our wedding cake from Margaret's French Bakery! Our cake was beautiful and delicious! My husband and I chose 3 flavors and gave them a photo of what we wanted it to look like and it turned out better than expected. my guest loved it and it looks great in the photos! We... Read More can not wait to order from them again.

delicious and gorgeous!

Reviewed on 6/03/2014 Lesley H

My wedding cake tasted home made and looked amazing! They don't use fondant- they use butter cream so not only is it beautiful its also tasty. Also ordered a tiramisu cake for my dad's birthday which was the day after my wedding- he loved it!

BEAUTIFUL/DELICIOUS CAKE

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 lilian d

Margaret was the 2nd bakery where we had our tasting and we were immediately convinced she was “the one”. We tried her traditional cake flavors and fell in love with 2, but had to talked to her about our personal preference for the filling. Within minutes, she knew exactly what... Read More we wanted and went in her kitchen to whip up a new batch of filling for us to try. We created a cake none of our guests have tried – “Margaret’s Oreo Cookie Surprise”. I showed Margaret a picture of the design I wanted and she was able to identically recreate the image from scratch. During the week of the wedding, Margaret called to reconfirm everything and reassured (me) that she will be at our venue on time and the cake will look/taste fantastic. When the day came, the cake looked exactly as I imagined. All of our guests complimented how great it looked and tasted. We will be going to Margaret for special occasions in the future and will be recommending her service to all of our friends and family.

So happy with the whole cake!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Winnie H

Margaret was very helpful with our many questions before we finally decided on the cake design. Our cake is a three-tier cake and we decided to have a monogram printed on the middle tier. I asked Margaret if she could make it look similar to the one on our wedding invitation.... Read More We also decided to have some of the floral patterns from my wedding gown featured on the cake. On the wedding day, I was so happy to see the way the cake turned out. The monogram was an exact replica of the one on the invitation! The floral designs were beautiful combinations of the wedding gown flowers and her imagination. It was perfect! And do I need to mention that the cake tasted absolutely delicious?

Cake

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Paul S

Delicious cake. Beautiful looking

Delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Heather A

Our venue, Hayes Mansion, works with Margaret's French Bakery with their wedding package. My husband and I went in for our tasting and were greeted by Margaret. She presented us with a plate of all of the flavors available and then left us to try them. We devoured the entire... Read More plate in under 10 minutes - every flavor was delicious! We ended up choosing chocolate raspberry, strawberry grand marnier, devils food and hazelnut for our cake. We chose a very simple design - smoothed white buttercream with ivory ribbon at the base of each tier with two beautiful purple brushed sugar flowers. Our cake was delicious when we finally got to enjoy it! Very happy with our cake.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Monnette J

We actually won a discount from our venue during a raffle at their event for Margaret's and I'm glad we did! The tasting was amazing! We went to three other yelp 5 star bakeries and their prices were ridiculous when everything just tasted like cake. Margaret's was moist and... Read More flavorful and for that price! We had cupcakes made - Triple Vanilla, Red Velvet, and Banana - and a banana cutting cake.... her banana tastes like banana bread! Will definitely go back for other occasions! She recreated my dream design and it was beautiful! Thanks Margaret!

Loved my Cake and Cupcakes

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Cecily I

OMG my wedding cake and cupcakes were incredible. Margaret really sat down with my and my husband and listened to what we wanted and what we envisioned. My guests truly loved the cupcakes and the small cake made for the cake cutting was so delectable!! One of my Mom's close... Read More friends didn't get a cupcake and even the 4 day old cupcake was still incredible and she loved it!!!! We had 275 guests and one cupcake for each guest plus a small wedding cake to cut.

Delicious cakes!

Reviewed on 5/01/2012 Jaclyn R

Not only was the cake absolutely delicious, the price was right too! Margaret gave us a variety of options when choosing our cake, which include more cost effective alternatives. She was happy to share all of the information with us and did not try to up-sell us. We couldn't... Read More decide on which flavors to choose because they were all so amazing. So Margaret suggested that we do 3 flavors on our tiered cake and then use half sheet cakes for the rest. This allowed us multiple flavors and was even less expensive. We really enjoyed the cake and can't wait to eat the top layer on our 1 year anniversary! Thanks Margaret for the delicious cake at our wedding.

Perfect cake!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2012 Emily T

Our cake turned out even better than I envisioned! I had scoured the internet for a cake designer for the perfect cake designer for me and found Margaret's French Bakery. Prior to finding Margaret, we had done a cake tasting at another place but while their work seemed great,... Read More they were not very helpful when it came to the design of the wedding. When I went into Margaret's, not only was her cake tasty but she worked with me to come up with a design that would be perfect for out wedding. Her cake was truly perfect! I loved it so much!! We had triple vanilla for the top and bottom tier and devil's food cake for the middle tier and sheet cake. Margaret did an incredible job!!

So great!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Suzi W

My wedding was in Santa Cruz but Margarets cake was worth the delivery fee. She had the idea of matching our cake to the design on our invitation and it turned out great. Looked perfect and tasted delicious!

Margaret is as sweet as her cakes!

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Shalini S

It was such a pleasure working with Margaret's French Bakery. Margaret herself was so welcoming and helpful. And we loved every one of the 13 cakes we tasted! We settled on 6 flavors and were no less than amazed by the end product. The five-tiered cake tasted great and looked... Read More stunning! Our guests raved about the cake and many had more than one slice because it tasted so good. Thank you Margaret!

elegant and yummy

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Kari C

Gosh, make sure you take more than one person with you when you go to Margaret for your cake tasting - every bite was delicious. She and I designed the cake together; she told me several times she was looking forward to creating our cake. It was beautiful and delicious - several... Read More tiers, lemon cake, vanilla buttercream (no fondant!) and decorated in the elegance I was looking for. Thank you Margaret!

Best Looking and Tasting Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Odette S

I found a cake topper made of clay which I wanted to replicate for our wedding cake. It was a fancy peacock design. I must have e-mailed hundreds of cake bakers in they bay area. Margaret was the most enthusiastic one about the design and her pricing was the best. She is the... Read More actual owner and she specializes on events. Her cakes are delicious! We had the truffle torte and strawberry marnier. The cake designed turned out to be better than I could hope for. A very professional and talented vendor!

So Pretty and So Yummy!

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Eleni M

I went with this vendor for my wedding cake. First, we went in for a tasting. Margaret was very sweet and explained thoroughly about all the cake samples she had. She understood exactly how I wanted my cake to look. I received MANY compliments on the cake during the reception... Read More and after the wedding, too. Unfortunately, my husband and I only got a couple bites of the cake, so we will be going back to this bakery for sure for future needs. :)

Beautiful and Delicious!

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Taryn H

The cake was gorgeous and each flavor was so delicious!

Amazing Cake

Reviewed on 7/07/2010 Jamie B

LOVE Margarete's French Bakery! Margarete's was our 2nd cake vendor we met with. She was very nice and helpful and the cakes were amazing. I also had brought a picture of what I wanted my cake to sort of look like as while as the colors for my wedding. She sketch out what the... Read More cake would look like and gave some of her wonderful ideas. She said she would add some real rose called Black Magic that would match my colors. Also my cake topper was a castle and she said she would match the peril color to the bottom of the tiers. So although her quote was a bit more then the other vendor we just had to book our 4 tier wedding cake with her that day. The day of my wedding was wonderful. I didn't get to see my cake before the ceremony but after when we walked into the reception It was incredible. I loved my cake and everyone kept telling me it was a beautiful cake. And when it came time to eat the cake my guests couldn't get enough. My brother is getting married next year and my soon to be sister in law has asked for Margret's number.

The most perfect cakes!

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Ashley P

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and the flavors were amazing! We had such a terrible time during the tasting only picking 3 flavors because they were all so incredibly delicious. We have been to a lot of weddings where the cakes have been dry and at times even hard. We were... Read More recommended to this bakery thru our wedding planner Nicole because of their freshness and moistness. It was truly the best cake we have ever had. And everyone at the wedding agreed! I would highly recommend Margaret's French Bakery! It's soooo worth it!