Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

PO Box 547591, Orlando, FL (407) 648-1577

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Tina S

Dude. Duuuuude! Maria blew my mind away! I know some couples out there that can perfectly plan a playlist, but we were not one of those types. We both had pretty specific types of music we wanted (indie rock, dance and pop mostly, with other genres thrown in for variety) but... Read More we definitely had no idea how to plan out the night musically. Maria took care of everything perfectly. She gave us a list of events, and asked us which songs we would like for x, y or z. She had a lot of really amazing suggestions when we would draw up a blank, and a lot of tips as to what songs work and what doesn't. I think one of the most important things to make sure a wedding has is good music. Get people dancing. And oh man, even the shyest of my family and friends got out on that dance floor. She got our tastes PERFECTLY and could definitely read the crowd. Plus, I have no idea if she noted this herself somewhere, but my second dance just me and my husband, she picked another song we both had said we were in love with, but not one that was necessarily "our song" that we used for our first dance. Imagine this: all our loved ones all around us, my husband and everyone singing along to this song... God almighty, if my ceremony wasn't the best moment of my life, that definitely was! Can I also say, her style is also *so* cool? You cannot go wrong with Maria. She will make your night perfect. <3, Tina and Ethan

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Susan M

Maria was the DJ for our daughter's wedding a week ago. She was just fantastic. She was a pleasure to work with and was a huge help during the set up. Everyone was up and dancing and had a great time. She kept the flow of the reception going. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Corinne G

Maria was a fantastic DJ choice for our wedding, and it was such a pleasure working with her! She was very personable and accommodating of our super nerdy musical selections (which she totally also loved). From Lord of the Rings to Game of Thrones to Doctor Who to Star Wars,... Read More Maria let us customize our ceremony and reception music to fit our personalities, and we had such a blast! She is one of the exclusive DJs that works with our wedding venue, Casa Feliz, and she is worth every penny. Her pricing is very reasonable, and she helped make our wedding day so special. We are so happy to have included her as an integral part of our wedding - thank you, Maria!

Reviewed on 4/11/2016 Janet C

Looking for a DJ who is well versed in all styles, genres, and celebrations? We had Maria Shafer take care of all of our music for our back yard wedding last month and could not have been more pleased with everything she brought to the evening. Maria was professional, laid... Read More back, knowledgeable, and eager to find the right mix of music to make the evening fun and relaxing for all of our guests. She was totally self sufficient requiring very little from us which was truly appreciated! We were able to have a couple of discussions prior to the event and she ran with it exactly how we preferred. Thanks to Maria Shafer, the Celebration Expert, is excellent at what she does and will be a great choice to assist you in making your event perfect!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Jennifer G

Maria was a wonderful deejay to work with for our wedding day. She took the time to meet and get to know us and our music tastes, and let me micromanage enough of the first dance/cake/etc. songs, but still put together an excellent mix that had people on the dance floor, no... Read More joke, from the very first song of the night! We had a couple of special requests for what to play or not play, and for equipment needed during the ceremony (where we would be having live music, but still needed small details like a mic for the officiant) and those were honored without a hitch and the added cost was reasonable. What I remember the most, though, is how she went out of her way to not just make sure the music was playing, but to do her part make sure the reception kept going smoothly. At one point, right as dinner was being served, we started getting a crowd of people wanting to take pictures and give us hugs and wish us well. After about 10 minutes with no end in sight, Maria came over and asked the guests to give us some time to eat. She played the “bad guy” so we could get a bite of dinner before going back to our friends, which she didn’t have to do, but it made a difference. Our guests have commented that this was one of the best weddings they have been too, and I think it’s in part because everyone, from our younger friends to our parents and their friends, was feeling the music enough to be up and dancing and having fun.

Best DJ Ever!

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 Abby N

Maria rocked the house! Not only was she a pleasure to work with, but she exceeded all of our expectations! She had people on the dance floor all night, didn't play any of the cheesy wedding songs everyone secretly hates, and helped keep things organized and on track all... Read More night.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 7/28/2014 JENNIFER L

Maria left us at ease through the whole process. She was prompt, professional, and very knowledgable. I would recommend her for any bride or event! You do not have to worry about anything with Maria. Great experience!!!

She is a Celebration Expert!

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Esperanza B

Maria is an awesome DJ! We had no concerns on her ability to keep our party moving. The flow of events through out the entire day was flawless and we didn't have any worries. She was able to handle the set up easily and all of our guest enjoyed all of the music she played. We... Read More let her have some freedom with the music selections, only a few songs we requested and a few songs that we put on the do not play list. We heard everything we wanted and our guests danced the entire night away! (as did my groom and I) Such a wonderful party, the great music selection made the party never want to end!! I highly recommend Maria Shafer for your wedding, she truly is a Celebration Expert!

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 Aedin L

Maria was so easy to work with and did such a great job with our music, announcing, and keeping everything on schedule. We had to do all our planning on the phone and via e-mail. Maria was so personable and helpful.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Kristina W

Maria was referred to us and we couldn't have been happier. She listened to what we wanted and delivered. She helped us along the way and gave really good recommendations that we used. She managed the time really well and had everyone dancing the whole time. I would definitely... Read More recommend her to anyone that is looking for a fun Dj.

Loved my DJ!

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Heather H

Maria was the perfect DJ,she didn't try to sell me on all these packages with bells and whistles and was honest about what I would actually need. She was flexible with my budget and was willing to work with me. She helped to keep the party going all night long. Weeks later... Read More people are still talking about how much fun they had and that has to do a lot with having a great DJ. She didn't play every song I wanted to hear but I was having such a great time, it wasn't till later that even crossed my mind. She knew how to get everyone one up on their feet both young and old. She also did a great job communicating with me throughout the event and informed me of what was happening when. She definitely wasn't cheesy and didn't make the wedding about her but kept the focus on the event. I highly recommend Maria!

Reviewed on 5/26/2012 Kristen N

Seriously, we had a blast at our wedding and so did our guests and I think Maria played a HUGE role in making our celebration a success. We could not have asked for a better DJ. Not only did she understand what we were looking for (the non-cheesy DJ) but she went above and... Read More beyond our expectations. She was a lot of fun to work with and came highly recommended from all of our other vendors.

Super DJ

Reviewed on 4/19/2012 Kelly H

Maria is wonderful! She is very professional and organized. She really helped me and my husband feel at ease during the wedding planning process. During our meeting, she had everything covered... there wasn't much that I needed to do or think about. She timed everything... Read More perfectly during the reception and kept everyone on the dance floor. It really was a wonderful night and Maria had a lot to do with it. I would highly recommend using her!

Very Professional and Organized!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Rebekah S

Maria made our wedding fun and personal! She did a great job communicating with me before the wedding and during the wedding when there were a few extra things that I forgot about! She has a great command of the audience and really paid attention to our selections and genres... Read More that we like!

Exceptional human being and professional

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Juana L

I came across Maria Shafer in a bridal magazine, and my first thought was, how cool and unique it was to see a female DJ! From the first meeting we knew that Maria was the perfect DJ for us. She was professional, detailed, down to earth, and of a beautiful character. Being that... Read More we were on a tight budget, Maria gave us options to stay within our budget, she responded to calls and emails (even while on vacation!), and went over in detail, as to how our wedding day would go. The music on our wedding day was perfect! Ceremony, flawless! Reception, fun and exactly what we had wanted.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 3/18/2011 Sophia P

Maria did a good job of keeping the night running smoothly. She played all the songs we requested. She is also very professional and a good value for the money.

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 5/17/2010 Angela F

Maria is excellant. She was the DJ for two of my friends before I booked her. She is extremely professional. She has you fill out a questionaire before your event to make sure she knows everyone's names and what kind of music you like. She had some great ideas for ceremony... Read More music. She did a fabulous job!!

Review for Maria Shafer, Celebration Expert

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Melanie A

Maria was wonderful to work with; she had laryngitis and even brought a backup DJ with her in case she wasn't able to speak! She was though and it was great. She kept the crowd moving and maintained the feel of the reception that we asked for.

Review for Maria Shafer Celebration Expert

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 JUDY K

She was very easy to work with and had suggestions for songs when I couldn't find the right one. Was very organized and had a schedule of events for the reception. I was able to turn the reception over to her and not need to worry about anything.