Makeup Artistry - Hair Styling - Sunless Tanning

Mariel Guay Bridal Beauty brings you years of experience and professional training in the beauty industry. While using the highest quality products formulated for HD, long wear, and waterproof you will feel and look like your most beautiful self on your wedding day. On Location Artistry NJ & NYC

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

Hawthorne , NJ On Location Artistry NJ & NYC (401) 575-3260

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Becky S

Mariel was exceptionally wonderful to work with from start to finish. She organized and provided hair and makeup services for myself and my seven bridesmaids for my wedding on May 28th. We selected our wedding vendors very carefully because we only wanted to work with people who... Read More were friendly, responsive, attentive to detail and talented in their craft. Mariel exemplifies all of these traits and is an exceptional talent in the wedding business. After a successful trial and many collaborative email exchanges, Mariel and her colleague Jess arrived on my wedding day right on time to prep for their first appointments. The convenience of having hair and makeup done by the same people in my own home played a critical role in our stress-free wedding day. Throughout the day, their time management skills were commendable, never falling behind schedule and finishing exactly as planned. This was no coincidence, as Mariel prides herself on schedule keeping! Mariel and Jess were attentive to each bridesmaid’s requests and patiently perfected every style as requested. They brought positive energy to the environment and never paused despite the long hours of standing! When it came to my hair and makeup, Mariel was exceptionally attentive and executed my “look” exactly as I’d envisioned, despite the difficult style. Our wedding day was hot (87 degrees), but my makeup stayed all day. My bridesmaids and I looked gorgeous in person, and in photos. I highly recommend Mariel’s services for any event!

2016-10-13T13:32:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Becky!!! This review is everything and more!! I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share the details of our experience together. You and your bridesmaids all looked absolutely stunning, I am sure you had the most magical wedding day. Thank you for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Cristina G

Mariel came and did hair and makeup for me and 5 other people at our wedding last month. She arrived promptly on time to our hotel that morning, and could not have been more accommodating of the different issues that came up that day (changing locations midway through doing... Read More everyone's makeup, difficult personalities, etc). Although we all wanted very different looks—my MOH wanted something more glam, our mothers and grandmother wanted more natural, and I was somewhere in between—she accommodated all of our requests and everyone looked amazing. Our completely outdoor wedding was probably on the hottest day of the summer, and my makeup and naturally frizzy hair still looked flawless at the end of the night (and more than one person commented on how I didn't look like I had sweat at all... quite the feat!). Mariel is extremely talented, patient, and incredibly calm—just the kind of person you'd want around on your wedding day. And her prices were reasonable, which doesn't hurt either. Hire her!

2016-04-11T19:23:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this glowing review! It was such a pleasure working with you on such a special day. I appreciate your kind words, and so happy to hear you still looked flawless by the end of the night!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Marielle H

Mariel was phenomenal. She was so easy to work with, flexible, and most importantly helped me look and feel my best on my wedding day! My girls and I were all thrilled with our wedding day looks. Highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Kelly G

I wish I could rate these girls higher than 5 stars. Mariel was the one I scheduled everything with, even though she didn't personally do my bridal party's makeup or hair. She was extremely quick to get back to my emails and was able to answer every question I had. I had 9... Read More people getting both hair and makeup done on my wedding day and she was able to schedule three of her best girls to come super early in the morning for us. We had a complete time schedule and her girls were so easy to work with. They looked at pictures, listened to every one of my bridesmaids concerns, and in the end everyone looked GORGEOUS. I cannot recommend this team enough!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Daryle M

Mariel is fantastic!!! I absolutely LOVED my hair for the big day, and when I made a huge change last minute (did a trial for an updo but ended up leaving it down) she just went right along with the flow. She is super punctual, professional & really so fun!!! Thank you a... Read More million Mariel!!! I can't wait to show you pics as soon as I get them :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jessica W

Mariel was so incredible to work with! She was super responsive and available any time I needed to run ideas past her or to simply ask a silly question. My hair and makeup on my wedding day was beyond perfect and my mom and sister's hair were amazing too! Mariel listens... Read More carefully to your wants and needs and executes flawlessly! She had a total grasp on our vision for the wedding and took our bridal look to the next level! Mariel is top notch and an amazing person! So lucky to have worked with her and I would highly recommend her to anyone in need for a down to earth and genuine stylist on their wedding day! Love you, Mariel!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lani J

.Mariel did my hair and make up for our elopement last month and I could not have been happier with how it all turned out. Living in Australia and having to plan a wedding from the other side of the world, I thought it would be difficult, but after reading all of Mariel’s... Read More fantastic reviews I decided on her and was so glad I did! Mariel is not only extremely professional but so friendly and warm and she made me feel completely comfortable. I asked Mariel to make some small changes to my hair after she had finished and she did not hesitate to listen and to make changes. She was fantastic and I felt so great in front of the camera thanks to her magic!

2016-10-13T13:21:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lani!! It was a pleasure working with you for your elopement. I am so happy that you selected me to work with on such a special day. It is so rewarding to hear how beautiful you felt. It was fantastic meeting you, I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Angela S

I wish I could give more stars. Mariel is not only an extremely talented make up artist, but she is so lovely and fun and easy to work with. I had a bridesmaid who chose not to get her makeup done, but after she saw all of the other girls, she changed her mind and Mariel fit her... Read More in, even though she had already done 10 peoples makeup that day. It was so wonderful to have such a calm and cool presence on one of the most stressful days. Everyone was so impressed and happy with their hair and makeup, which is hard to do with a group of 11 women. Thank you for being so amazing, Mariel!

2016-10-13T12:31:34 Response from the vendor

Angela!! Thank you so much for this amazing review! Working with you and your bridesmaids was honestly such a pleasure. It means everything to me that you and your bridal party were so happy and felt so beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Rashmi P

Mariel is truly wonderful! She not only did my wedding hair and make-up but also for the cocktail party the night before and for my engagement photo shoot. She was professional, organized, and truly talented - she really knows what she is doing. She listens to your vision and... Read More then uses her skills to bring it to life in a very natural way which was very important to me. She did an excellent job and I would recommend her to anyone for any important event! Thank you Mariel!

2016-10-13T13:13:15 Response from the vendor

This review is so lovely, thank you Rashmi! It was such a pleasure helping you bring to life your hair and makeup vision for each of your three events for your wedding. I am so happy that I was able to work with you during... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Jillian R

Look no further for you will find no one better then Mariel! From the first phone call I had with Mariel I was so excited to work with her for my wedding. I am an event planner for pepsico so know how stressful it can be planning an event especially your wedding day. Mariel... Read More was so great to work with! My bridal trial went amazing she listened to all my ideas and pictures I had and did exactly what I was looking for. The day of my wedding Mariel and her team were early and prepared myself and my bridesmaids all loved having them there. The day ended up being hotter then expected for a may wedding so I changed my hairstyle to an all updo at the last minute she worked with me to make my hair exactly as I wanted and my makeup was flawless. All of my bridesmaids as well as my mom looked absolutely beautiful. The girls all loved Mariel and her team. I would recommend Mariel to anyone and everyone she was truly wonderful.

2016-10-13T13:27:45 Response from the vendor

WOW Jillian! Thank you so very much for this review! Working with you, your family, and bridesmaids was such a pleasure on your wedding day. This glowing review is so rewarding not only for myself but my team as well, thank you for sharing our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/07/2016

Mariel and her assistant were absolsutely fabulus to work with on my wedding day. I had always hoped that I would feel my most beautiful on my wedding day, but had some doubts that my wish would actually come true. When I looked in the mirror after Mariel finished my makeup, I... Read More couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. I truly did feel the most beautiful I have ever felt in my life, and wouldn't trade that feeling in for anything in the world. Mariel's sense of humor made me feel so calm and ready to walk down the isle. I know I can speak for my bridesmaids when I say that everyone was so happy with Mariel's work, and would recommend her to anyone. As I look back on pictures from the wedding day, I'm reminded of what a wonderful expereince it was working with Mar, and I know I will be contacting her in the future.

2016-10-13T13:08:21 Response from the vendor

This review couldn't be better, thank you Steph!! Seeing that I was able to make you feel like the most beautiful you have ever felt in your life means everything to me!! Thank you for being such an amazing bride to work with, Dara and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 A. B

Mariel is AMAZING!! Not only will she have you at ease and is super friendly, she also does her job incredibly well. My skin is really sensitive and I don't wear much makeup, but Mariel walked me through everything she was doing and (not to pat myself on the back or anything) I... Read More looked AMAZING. It was perfect, I highly recommend her!!

2016-10-13T13:29:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this AMAZING review :) I am so happy to hear you loved how you looked!! It was a pleasure working with you!! xo

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Amy B

I had a wonderful experience working with Mariel for hair for my bridal party. Mariel arrived early and was set up and ready to start right on time. She did each girl's hair exactly how they wanted, which was a real range of styles - She was even able to do the MOB and MOG hair... Read More exactly how they wanted, even though they do not usually get their hair done and had a hard time articulating their desires. On the day of the wedding she incorporated all of my feedback from my trial wonderfully, and I was delighted with the changes and end result. Mariel was also very helpful and ready to jump in with makeup even though we only hired her for hair when my makeup artist was running late. She brought all of her makeup supplies into the venue and was on standby in case we needed her assistance, and she served as a trusty second opinion, which was completely beyond her contract. It was a very hot summer day and I was very impressed by how well the girls' hair held up!

2016-10-13T13:17:11 Response from the vendor

Amy thank you so very much for this outstanding review! I love to hear how happy my bridal clients are not only with my artistry but most importantly, with the level of service that I offer. I had such a great day working with you,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Christina P

Mariel did an excellent job and was a pleasure to work with. She had great advice and lots of patience. She provided hair and make up for 9 people. Her expertise with both hair and make up was shown by her work. I would highly recommend her for any upcoming event.

2016-10-13T13:15:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Christina! It was such a pleasure working with you, your family, and closest friends on your wedding day. Congratulations and thank you for choosing me to participate in your most special day with you! I had a blast working with all... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/24/2016

Mariel and her team were amazing! They arrived on time and stuck to their schedule even with my big party of 7 bridesmaids, flower girl, grandmother, step-mother, and mother. Mariel and her team were very friendly and did their absolute best to make everyone look the way they... Read More had envisioned. They didn't complete anyones hair and makeup until it was perfect. They also made sure everyone was touched up and looked great before leaving. My bridesmaids, my family, and I loved our hair and makeup! I would 100% recommend Mariel Guay for any of your beauty needs. She's amazing!!!!

2016-10-13T13:17:45 Response from the vendor

Chelsea thank you so very much for this glowing review!! Corinne, Dara, and I had a great day working with you and your beautiful bridal party taking care of everyones hair and makeup. Thank you for selecting Mariel Guay Bridal Beauty for your wedding day,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Rachel L

Mariel was incredibly easy to work with from the moment I first emailed her. I'm from New York but live in Oregon and so all the planning happened long distance. That meant that I had to find and set up trial appointments for my hair and makeup from across the country, and the... Read More only time I really had to do the trials was in between Christmas and New Years - who wants to work then? Then in my one major planning mix-up, I arrived at her home for the trial the day before we had actually agreed upon! Sick and obviously not expecting anyone to show up at her door, Mariel STILL insisted I stay and do the trial that morning. I felt beyond terrible, but was so glad I stayed and found her. She did hair and makeup for me and five others, as well as makeup for my mom with the help of her assistant Dara who did a fabulous job as well on makeup! She planned everything perfectly for the morning and we were right on schedule, even with one of my bridesmaids realizing that she actually did want to get both hair and makeup done (not just hair as she had originally planned). And she beautifully incorporated the handmade hair clips I bought for each of the girls into their hairstyles. Thank you so much for everything, we all looked natural (some of us don't wear any makeup usually, and others do but we were all very happy, with my friend in the wedding party who is getting married next year asking Mariel for her info before we left!) and beautiful for the big day!

2016-10-16T15:51:43 Response from the vendor

Rachel, thank you so much for this review!! That story of the scheduling mixup is one of my favorites! I am so happy you and everyone in your party felt and looked so amazing. Dara and I had an fantastic day working with you, Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lauren L

Mariel was absolutely amazing to work with! We got married almost a month ago and did not only my hair and make up flawlessly, but my bridesmaids, mother in law and mother's make up beautifully! Mariel showed up to my house before scheduled and work through 9 women with ease and... Read More perfection. We were all done way before schedule which was perfect and helped make the day go by smoothly. I wish I can have her with me everyday to make me feel and look like a million bucks! I would work with her again and again, as she is also the sweetest woman and on top of her game.

2016-10-16T15:56:10 Response from the vendor

Lauren, this review is EVERYTHING!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. My team and I had such an amazing day working with you, your family, and bridal party. I loved seeing the pictures of your wedding day, it was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Danielle M

It was such a pleasure working with Mariel throughout the wedding process. She did hair and makeup for myself, my bridal party, as well as my mom and mother-in-law, and what a fantastic job she did! She made me feel so calm during what could be such a crazy time. My hair and... Read More makeup came out absolutely perfect. Hire Mariel, you won't be disappointed !

2016-10-16T16:24:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you Danielle!! I am excited to hear how happy you were about the decision to book Mariel Guay Bridal Beauty for your wedding day services. I hope you had a beautiful day celebrating with friends and family. It was a pleasure working with you!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Becky S

Working with Mariel on my wedding day was such a genuine pleasure! I never wear any makeup and am very simple with my hair styles, so I was worried about finding a makeup artist that would understand my need to look extremely natural on my wedding day. Mariel immediately... Read More understood what I was asking for and made me feel really comfortable wearing the makeup that she put on. She was also incredibly flexible when I asked her last minute to change my hairstyle from what we had originally discussed at the trial and my hair looked phenomenal. She made me feel incredibly beautiful on my wedding day, and my makeup and hair looked flawless the entire night despite an insane amount of crying and dancing. She also has a really relaxing and calming presence and was able to gracefully deal with a lot of different and very strong personalities during the day of my wedding, which is a testament to her skill and professionalism. I cannot recommend her highly enough!

2016-10-16T16:57:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this amazing review Becky!! It was great working with you and so much fun creating your bridal beauty vision together. It was a pleasure working with you, I hope you had an amazing day of celebrating with friends and family!!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Lindsay G

Mariel was so incredible to work with for my wedding last month! She did a phenomenal job on my girls and I's hair and makeup as well as spray tans for several of us. She is super easy going and chill, but also extremely professional and knows her stuff. Even my husband thinks... Read More she's totally awesome! For example, she was able to take several ideas I had for hair styles, pull out the ones that were not possible (hair extensions, etc.), and create something unique from them that was totally me. I wanted my makeup to look natural, since I don't wear a ton of makeup normally, and she did it perfect. And she even talked me into fake eyelashes (which I was super hesitant about but were super comfortable) that made my eyes pop just enough. My husband described my hair and make-up best when he said "it's the best version of you, but it's still you." Mariel's spray tans are amazing and natural, no one would guess you got one done just that you got a little sun and have that perfect glow. My SIL ended up asking her to do her spray tan two weeks later for another wedding she was BM in and she has already promised that Mariel will definitely be doing her hair and makeup for her own wedding! I cannot recommend Mariel enough, she will really make you look and feel perfect for your special day!!

2016-10-16T16:28:04 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU Lindsay & Jonathan! You were such a pleasure to work with, and I am so honored to have participated in your wedding day. Thank you so much for being so complimentary of me and my work, it means the world to me! xo

Reviewed on 4/25/2016 Greta W

Mariel & Corinne were phenomenal the day of my wedding. Together they did hair & makeup for myself, 8 bridesmaids, and my Mom. They were professional and calm and everybody looked gorgeous. Mariel was very patient and worked with me to figure out the hairstyle I was looking for.... Read More I would highly recommend them for any bride!

2016-10-16T16:29:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you Greta! Corinne and I had such a great day with you and your girls. I'm always so happy to hear everyone looked and most importantly felt beautiful! I hope you had an amazing day celebrating with friends and family!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Tara G

I just got married this past Friday and I wanted to take a moment to review Mariel and Corinne. We used them for hair for the wedding day, and they were beyond amazing! Accommodating to everyone needs! Whatever picture you showed them that you wanted, you got! Mariel did my hair... Read More and it was Perfect! Not only are they great hairstylist, but great people :) I highly recommend Mariel and her team!!

2016-04-12T10:41:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for this beautiful review Tara! It was such a pleasure being able to work with you and your bridal party on your wedding day. You were all so much fun! I hope you had the most amazing day with all of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Sarah K

Starting this review with the silver lining: I got in touch with Mariel VERY far in advance before my wedding! We emailed back and forth for a bit, I shared with her my bridal vision along with inspiration photos and we set a time to meet for a trial. Not only did Mariel... Read More completely disregard my beauty vision and personal style, but upon explaining to her that I was unhappy she was extremely defensive and unreceptive to my concerns. I countlessly had to repeat myself to her and was often met with the response "your makeup application was very natural". There definitely was a struggle in getting her to understand that I am not a professional make up artist... So when I saw a picture that was "natural" and wanted to emulate that, she would respond explaining that the woman in the photo was wearing more make up than what she had applied to me during the trial. Completely missing the point that regardless of the technical application and quantity of make up on a model in a photo, it did not appear that they were wearing much at all. This was the opposite of the look she gave me where you could see caked on layers of face make up, dark eyeliner, darkened eyebrows, and over drawn lips. After a hefty trial fee, which was supposed to act as a "soft hold" on my wedding date, Mariel and I decided that we should do one more trial (at cost) to get on the same page. Being that I live out of town, the next trial was not something that we could book immediately... Prior to the last time I spoke to Mariel, we agreed that we would have another trial the next time I was in town. As you can imagine, it came as quite of a surprise that the last time I heard from Mariel she told me that she had booked my wedding date with someone else! Not only was this the most unprofessional encounter I have experienced yet (I have planned my entire wedding through recommendations from The Knot, often writing checks to people I have yet to even meet!), but it was extremely disappointing! I threw away hundreds of dollars on a trial that really just showed me everything I don't want to look like on my wedding day. Despite the fact that we emailed countless times with her insisting that we give it another shot, she felt no commitment to me and my wedding day. Mariel is definitely not in the business of making brides happy. She is all about the money and doing things HER way. Yes, she might have nice products and a good resume, but based on her Instagram, all of the brides look the same. She is not capable of expanding her techniques or going outside of her comfort zone. Needless to say, I have not heard back from Mariel since I let her know that I was disappointed with her booking my date with someone else and that I felt she had a commitment to me based on the trial fee I had paid her... Another confirmation that she is not in the business of appeasing brides or acting professionally.

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Laura K

I could not have asked for a better makeup artist on my wedding day! From the day I had my makeup trial I knew Mariel would make me feel beautiful on my wedding day. Mariel was so down to earth and so fun to be around. She made my bridesmaids and myself look so beautiful! I... Read More highly recommend Mariel to any and all brides! I wish Mariel could do my makeup every day!

2016-04-11T19:25:34 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure working with you and your bridal party on your wedding day. My team and I had a blast getting everyone ready! I hope you are doing well Laura, you made a gorgeous bride!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015

Mariel completely made my wedding. She did my hair and make up plus my bridesmaids and mother. She made up everyone to perfection! I can't believe she is so talented at both hair and makeup. Mariel was great to communicate with and accommodating of everything I asked for. My... Read More bridesmaids were really blown away with their hair and makeup - but all of them were raving more about how great Mariel's personality is. We all loved how calming, professional, and fun she was. The morning was completely stressful, but the one thing I didn't have to stress about was Mariel.

2016-04-11T19:39:26 Response from the vendor

You are the sweetest! I had such a fantastic day with you and your family. Thank you for being such a joy to work with and making my job so easy! I hope all is well with you, and thank you for taking the time... Read Less Read More

Mariel Guay

I began my professional Hair & Makeup Artist career at the Makeup Designory in NYC, learning from the best in all areas of the industry including Bridal, Glamour, TV/Film and more. Following MUD I had the privilege of joining the MAKE UP FOR EVER Pro Team developing training seminars and teaching programs for pro's nationwide. This industry has pushed me to be the best, and I am honored to be one of the top featured Hair & Makeup Artists in NJ & NYC. I am committed to always using the highest quality products and techniques, and leaving you with the most glamorous experience of a lifetime.