Marquee Events featuring The Gershon Fox Ballroom

Hartford, CT

Book Your Wedding with Marquee Events featuring The Gershon Fox Ballroom

A BALLROOM IN HARTFORD, CT

The Gershon Fox Ballroom. The Gershon Fox Ballroom is decorated with crystal chandeliers, and the space is suitable for up to 250 guests. Dancing is provided in the Atrium.

The Atrium. The Atrium is available for ceremonies and receptions. The Atrium has marble floors, including a dance floor, and it seats up to 400 guests.

The Mezzanine. The Mezzanine is an option for ceremonies and receptions with up to 100 guests. The Mezzanine has a dance floor and is furnished with plush sofas and chairs to allow guests to relax as the event winds down.

A minimum guest count of 100 applies to ceremonies and receptions held on Fridays, or a 150 minimum guest count for weddings held on Saturday. The reception site fee is based on the number of guests attending the event. The rental fee includes use of tables, chairs, table wear and linens.

Couples who purchase the wedding package receive a choice of six hor d'oeuvres, a champagne toast, four hours of bar service, a custom wedding cake and a four course dinner. Coffee, tea and wine are served with the meal. A private menu tasting is provided before the event.

A wide selection of additional food services are available. For instance, popcorn carts, sushi displays and chocolate fountains are available in addition to standard catering services. Centerpieces and other decorative accents are provided by Marquee Events featuring The Gershon Fox Ballroom. Additional decor items, such as floating candle centerpieces and ice sculptures, are available for an additional fee.

A list of preferred vendors is available. Couples must choose their wedding professional from the provided list. Waitstaff, cake cutting services and butler service is provided with each wedding package.

Marquee Events featuring The Gershon Fox Ballroom offers turn-of-the-century charm for traditional weddings with a vintage flair. The venue also offers the following benefits:

• Private attendant for the bride and groom
  • Custom wedding cakes
  • Complimentary valet parking
  • Discounted hotel rates available from affiliated hotels

Hartford's Most Stylish Venue

Welcome to Marquee Events featuring The Gershon Fox Ballroom and the Mezzanine Lounge. Upon entering the doors, you will experience elegant art-deco décor and refined city style. Three unique event spaces, completely renovated with soaring marble columns, crystal chandeliers, and marble floors.

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Food + Catering

960 Main Street, Hartford, CT (860) 278-4466

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Jana M

Here you are, reading these reviews just as I once was. Let me tell you it's all true, Laura is incredible! She is down to earth, accommodating, kind, funny, and to the point. You'll get honest answers and sound advice, and better yet an amazing wedding! The building is... Read More gorgeous, and the package is wonderful, couldn't have had a better wedding! Thank you again Laura, you rock!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Lauren S

This venue was JUST what we were looking for. We were dead-set against the rustic, barn wedding trend that seems to be taking over these days and knew we wanted something different. When we first saw the venue, we absolutely fell in love. The G Fox is so elegant and classy, with... Read More an art deco flare. We got married in December, so the pre-set décor (tree, garland) made for minimal decorating otherwise. Laura was a complete dream to work with. She made the entire planning process so easy. Our favorite thing (and our guests') was the indescribable food. I wish I could just go to the G Fox to eat dinner on the regular...yum! :) :) So happy with our choice!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Jessica G

We had our wedding reception here in June 2016 and it was simply amazing! We were drawn to this venue because of it history and unique, elegant look. From our first meeting with Laura (the wedding and events coordinator) to the last detail of the night, everything was... Read More flawless. Laura was easy to work with and made the planning as stress free as possible. The quality of service, food and beverage at our reception was phenomenal. We could not have been happier!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Jennifer O

I got married at the Marquee last May (May 27, 2017!) and I wish I could re-live that day over and over again! Laura was just amazing - super supportive, attentive to all my questions, helpful, funny, and just a true blessing! The venue was gorgeous - I loved the history, the... Read More "glam", the decor, and the fact that it was in downtown Hartford. The food was incredible - our guests raved about the portion sizes and taste! Everything about our day was truly magical ... 💕

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Racquel W

Laura was excellent. The only feedback we had pertain to our custom wedding cake. We were told that it was no longer included even through it is still advertise on this site and in the package.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Racquel W

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Keyo Ann G

We can not say enough good things about this venue. we had our wedding and reception there 10/14/2016. First Laura she is amazing. the best!! Then the venue is so beautiful. The food is insane. Our guests are blown away by the portions the amount. the services. laura makes every... Read More thing just flow. Guest's talking non stop the food the venue. were did you find this place. ect. If you want to be treated like royalty and have no worries. look no further. Ours was yesterday and I wish it never ended. If you want something different unique. and gorgeous with the best staff. Go see Laura. Loved everything not a single negative. Convient location too.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 C M

The Marquee is a perfect wedding venue! Our 250 guest wedding on September 3, 2016 was nothing but amazing. Not only was the staff wonderful and food delicious (exactly like the tasting) but Laura Carrano is an absolute angel. She goes above and beyond to make sure your day is... Read More perfect! From cutting flower stems last minute to resolving a place card mishap, she really was amazing. She has the personality and work ethic as if she were your best friend and by the wedding day, she really is! xoxoxoxox Thank you to Laura and the team for making our day an absolute fairytale.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Kimberly L

I'm originally from Connecticut but now live in Philadelphia. We looked at tons of different venues in several states. In the end we focused in on CT and for my husbands friends and family it would be a mini "destination" wedding for them. We were beginning to get very... Read More discouraged then we walked into the Gershon Fox Ballroom and knew the search was over. Laura was what really sold us because we knew we would be in great hands, especially planning from a couple states away plus our extremely hectic travel schedules. Someone like Laura was vital to us. Other reviews say the same thing and it is true; she is extremely easy to work with, flexible, very prompt with returning phone calls and emails and worked with us no matter the situation. Wish all my co-workers were as easy to work with as Laura! As the wedding approached, I had my first bridal freak out moment and she helped me work through it with such ease and understanding. And 10 minutes later the situation was resolved. I also have an allergy as do some of my family members so I wanted a particular liquor for the bar so we could all have a cocktail (or two). I was apprehensive but emailed her anyways even offering to purchase it myself. An hour later, I received an email back saying "Not a problem. I already ordered you a case." Cannot say enough positive things about Laura's positive demeanor and professionalism! When it came to the wedding day, everything went better than I could have ever imagined! If anything did happen behind the scenes I had no idea because Laura immediately took care of it. All of the little details looked amazing. The VIP room was the perfect way to start the night. We were extremely warm from church (dead of summer) so it was so nice to go in there, have incredible tasting appetizers, a drink and to take off my heels which at this point were killing me. We had so much fun! Our server was fabulous. She constantly made sure myself and my husband always had food and a drink in our hand throughout the night. Now onto the food. It really is out of this world AMAZING!! Over a month later and guests are still telling me it was the best wedding food they have ever had. Majority of my guests are chefs, F&B directors or huge foodies. They even were blown away with how great the food was and they are some of the harshest critics around! A cake is also included with the venue and we went with Creative Cakes by Donna. At the tasting it was okay but then the day of the wedding we were blown away with how good it was. My pastry chef friends even gave it their seal of approval. After my extensive venue search prior to find G.Fox, the value you receive compared to other venues makes it a no brainier to have your wedding here. It's not inexpensive, don't get me wrong, but you get the most value for you hard earned money. It comes with premium top shelf liquor all night, four dinner options all of which are incredible, a wedding cake, night at the Residence Inn and Laura who is priceless! Plus the CT guests loved going back in time to where they used to buy greeting cards, shoes and hats. Cannot rave enough about the entire Marquee team. Their service and professionalism is top notch. You will NOT be disappointed to have one of the most important days of your life here!!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016

The venue was everything and more that I could have dreamed for a wedding! First, the venue itself is stunning. It has so much character from the entry way, mezzanine, and ballroom. Second, Laura Carrano and her staff are amazing. I truly enjoyed working with Laura and she... Read More made the whole process easy. She was quick to answer emails, answer all of my questions, and put me at ease about everything. Third, the food is excellent. It is not your typical banquet food. The portions are big and there are multiple selections. My husband and I decided to offer the Sole stuffed with Lobster (and when I say stuffed with lobster, I mean stuff with lobster, and not lobster salad), the Fillet Mignon, and Roasted Chicken. It was all delicious. We got married off site, but from the time we arrived for the reception, I knew my guests, my husband, and I were in great hands. We didn't need to worry about a thing and could party the night away. I really can't say enough great things about this venue.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Olivia C

My husband and I both agree that booking our venue with Laura Carrano and Chef Mike Kelly was the best decision we made regarding our wedding day. Not only was Laura consistently available to answer any questions/concerns we had but she flawlessly conducted the entire night... Read More start to finish. She is so fun to work with and made our experience a personal one. We never felt like we were dealing with a typical, run-of-the-mill venue. Our guests are still reaching out (two months later) to rave about the food. If you aren't fully convinced after booking- the food will leave nothing to doubt. We needed a unique space that could fit 200 guests comfortable and the G Fox Ballroom was exactly that. I loved that my guests began cocktail hour on the mezzanine, ate in the ballroom, and partied in the atrium. There was a seamless transition from each space and there's something to be said about separating the elegance of the ballroom from the dance party of the atrium! It really encouraged all of our guests to dance non-stop! We knew that everyone had so much fun-and that was our goal! We highly recommend this venue to every couple searching for the perfect venue in the Hartford area and beyond! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Allison T

We got married at Marquee Events in April of 2016. Now in July, we continue to get compliments about the venue. Our guests loved the food and the beauty of the venue. Our guests raved about the NY Strip Steak! We loved working with Laura and her team. They catered to our every... Read More need. Laura helped us create our vision for our big day and was very prompt in responding to us. Our big day went off without a hitch thanks to Laura and her team. Thanks Marquee Events!

Elegant and Romantic!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Katie J

From the moment we walked into the Marquee we knew that it was the perfect setting for our vision of an elegant vintage style wedding. We were nervous about the beginning stages of wedding planning and Laura immediately put us at ease. She understood my vision 100% and was able... Read More to make my decorations look even better than I'd imagined! (Although the venue is beautiful on its own and does not need much) Guests raved about everything from the ambience, to the food, to the open bar! I would definitely recommend this venue and wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Susan G

My wedding was everything I wanted it to be - and then some more. I knew the MINUTE I met Laura that I could trust her with every detail of the day and I was so right. We loved the food, the decor, the servers, and our guests had a blast! I'm forever grateful we chose the... Read More Marquee, and Laura, with our wedding :)

Fantastic Venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Laura Carrano and her staff created the most memorable experience for us and our guests. We knew when we met Laura that our day was going to be very special. She pays attention to every detail and she is a coordination master. The food is stellar, our guest complimented days... Read More after. I highly suggest the NY Strip steak as an option. The chef provided a one on one tasting and explained how everything is prepared. The food preparation, service, and flow the day of our wedding was flawless, from cocktail hour to dinner we had an amazing experience. The bar and staff went above and beyond expectations. The bar delivered beverages to our after wedding party in our hotel suite next door. Laura personally fixed flower arrangements, that the florist we hired dropped the ball on. We can go on and on, but in the end it's the little things that you don't think about that are cared for. That's what Laura Carrano and her staff provided and it made all the difference.

Perfection!!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

As Mother of the Bride and also a floral designer and event planner, I was very particular about our daughter's wedding. Our first meeting with Laura Carrano and the guided tour put us right at ease! Laura anticipated things before we did, was always available and returned... Read More calls promptly! It is hard to top the beauty of the venue but of course I had some ideas. Laura said "Tell me where you want thing displayed" We had such confidence in how she manages her venue that We left it all to her. Who else would know best where things would "shine"! The staff is so professional and accommodating. The food...delish!! The tasting was amazing and very personal. That alone convinced the Father of the Bride. I should also point out the many things nearby that your guests might enjoy. We visited an Irish Pub, City Hall for some amazing photos and architecture. A great place for Bridal pictures. Several Museums nearby and restaurants to pick from for rehearsal dinner. Our choice "Salute" and you can walk there! This was our third daughter to marry and it was all that we dreamt of and even more! Thanks to Marquee Events and The Gershon Fox Ballroom.

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Jessica F

Marquee Events is amazing! My husband and I knew the second that we walked into this venue in September 2014 that this is where we wanted to get married. We booked our October 2, 2015 wedding that day! Laura is fabulous. She was so wonderful to work with and always ready to... Read More answer any question. We live in Boston so had to do a lot of planning from afar. Laura was always quick to respond to our emails and always had lots of wonderful suggestions for us. The staff at the Gershon Fox Ballroom are fabulous. We felt like royalty all night as they were always there to bring us a drink, food, even help me pin up my dress when the bustle broke several times! The food here is to die for. Our guests are still raving about the food and especially the 14 oz steak!! My husband and I had so much fun at our wedding and when we finally made it back to our room, the staff had carted all of our decorations, favors, etc. up to our hotel room. They also left us a wonderful note and bottle of champagne which was a perfect ending to the night. I highly, highly recommend Marquee Events and working with Laura! Our wedding was perfect, right down to every detail!

We Loved Our Marquee Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Michelle J

I cannot say enough great things about Marquee Events! We worked with Laura to plan our August wedding. She was incredibly organized and helpful throughout the entire process. She replied to emails immediately, and was always able to answer our questions. The space is gorgeous... Read More on its own, but they also let us add our own personal touches throughout the venue. The staff there know exactly what they're doing, from timing to the food, it all went perfectly. Because we had such a great experience leading up to our wedding day, on the actual day of the event, I didn't have to worry at all about the logistical details at the venue. Their wedding package includes everything you need for a reasonable price. They have options for add-ons if you'd like additional specialty items, but they don't push these things on you if you're not interested. It's now been over two months since our wedding and friends and family are still raving about the location.

PERFECT from start to finish!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

From our first meeting with Laura, the event coordinator, to our goodbye to the staff at the end of my daughter's wedding, we couldn't have asked for a better experience. The venue was gorgeous! ALL of the staff were so great to work with and so accommodating and helpful with... Read More the personal touches we included in the reception. The food was delicious. All of our guests were also very impressed with the venue as well. I highly recommend The Marquee Room! It was so easy having everything done at one place. Laura made everything so easy for us! She helped with recommendations for the cake, DJ and hotel. All we had to do is show up and experience the joy that parents feel as they watch their daughter get married to the man of her dreams!

A++++++++++++++++++++++++!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Katie N

I knew beforehand that I wanted to have my wedding with Marquee Events. I had gone to a wedding there before and knew it was the place, so I didn't even look anywhere else. The wedding coordinator Laura was so friendly and approachable. I never felt afraid to ask her a... Read More question. She made the stress of planning a wedding such an easy journey. The day of our wedding was absolutely magical. Everything went exactly as we wanted it. Laura and the staff took all of our decorations and flowers and put them up so we didn't have to worry about it. Our personal waitress (Daria I think her name was) was always there for us if we needed something. Sometimes she brought us things we didn't even know we needed (like a bobby pin for when my hair fell out). I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this venue to anyone and everyone getting married. Not only is it stunningly elegant, but the staff is so friendly and helpful making your special day a flawless one!

Best day ever at the best venue in Hartford!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

Our planning experience was wonderful, Laura was a godsend! She was so on top of everything from the minute we booked the venue until the minute the reception was over. People were RAVING about how wonderful the food was, how unique the venue is. If I could do it all again, I... Read More would still pick Marquee. If you are looking for a unique and classic venue, look no further!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rachel W

My husband and I got married at the Marquee in late September 2015 just a week ago and it was the most incredible venue and experience. We fell in love with the space immediately, but when we met with Laura Carrano the coordinator, we knew this was the only place to spend the... Read More most important night of our lives. Laura and all the staff were extremely attentive to every small detail, and were incredibly responsive to my many emails prior to the wedding day. The staff not only took care of myself and the groom, but to each member of my large wedding party and immediate family. The food at this venue is insanely delicious. I felt like all 150 guests came up to me personaly to tell me it was the best meal they had had; let alone at a wedding! I don't have enough words to describe how much I recommend the Marquee; it is a beautiful venue, and the staff excels at making everything about your day perfect. I am so thankful we chose the Marquee! Hands down the best venue in CT.

Magical Wedding at the Gershon!

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Sophia L

I can't say enough great things about the Gershon! Laura was an absolute doll to work with. Mike Kelly the Executive Chef is truly one of the greatest chefs! The wait staff and bartenders were friendly and very attentive. The food was great! All of our guests were raving about... Read More the quality and quantity of the food. I was concerned about there being enough passed appetizers and everyone said when they would turn around a bacon wrapped scallop or beef empanada would appear on a tray. My vision for my wedding was executed beyond expectation.

Incredible wedding and venue

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Devra S

My husband and I recently held our wedding at Marquee Events. We got married in the atrium and held our reception in the mezzanine and ballroom. We came across Marquee because we were looking for a venue that was different than your traditional wedding venue, and the minute we... Read More took a tour of the building we fell in love with the art deco design and city feel. Every detail from the planning process to the day of went so smoothly, and we would not have changed a single thing - it was the perfect place to hold our wedding. Laura was fantastic! She is super organized, fun to work with, and had tons of great ideas. We also got a ton of compliments from guests about the venue - how great the food was (especially the size of the steaks!), how unique and classy it was, and several guests even told us it was their favorite wedding of any they had ever been to, so I think that says something about how special a place it is! 100% recommend this venue!

The Marquee: Sauer Wedding 5/2/2015

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Melissa S

The Marquee is an absolutely beautiful place to have a wedding. The service was wonderful and the FOOD?! The food was AMAZING! Our wedding guests could not believe how good their dinners were. 5 star quality meals. Laura, the wedding coordinator is amazing. She responded... Read More immediately to any questions my husband or I had, she was ALWAYS happy and welcoming when we saw her and she was incredibly helpful with any type of idea I needed to think out loud with. She was such a pleasure to work with. I would recommend The Marquee to anyone and everyone.