Making Memories, One Wedding at a Time

Understanding how stressful planning your wedding can be and how we can help ease that stress is what sets us apart. Specializing in working with both local couples and those planning long distance, we are here to help you every step of the way, and we always sprinkle in a bit of fun along the way! Marrero Events is celebrating our tenth year as being the premier wedding planning firm in New England ... allow us to show you what has earned us that reputation!

Getting Engaged, After Party, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Boston, MA Danvers, MA, Danvers, MA Serving all of New England (978) 304-0773

Amazing Doesn't Describe Them !

Reviewed on 1/30/2014 Courtney T

I had been referred to Marrerro Events about 3 months before my wedding to help with the last details and the day of schedule, let me just say I wish I had Paula Marrerro and Courtney Graham from day one. Paula and her team are by far the absolute best in the business! She took... Read More my ideas of what I wanted and brought them to life ten times over. I honestly can say that without Marrerro Events my wedding would have been a disaster. Paula swooped right in and took over making sure that everything was just as perfect as I envisioned. She worked directly with my vendors getting everyone was on the same page. She handled every detail from ordering my escort card holders to even taking my husbands coat to get dry cleaned (I know right!). I immediately felt at ease with her and her team. She was extremely responsive to my million emails and ideas and gave me her honest opinion on them which I was extremely appreciative of. When disaster struck the night before my wedding a sprinkler pipe burst at my home she let me have a mini melt down but kept me excited for the day ahead reminding me it only happens once. She took care of more then I could have possibly imagined. I do not only see Paula as an amazing planner but now a friend because even thought my wedding has passed she has continued to stay in touch. This dynamic team is a must have for your wedding day. Her cost is a steal in comparison to other wedding event planners and your money goes a lot further than you would ever hope. Paula has a hardworking get things done attitude along with her amazing ideas and style makes her the perfect choice in such a large industry. I cannot wait to continue seeing the amazing events that she produces over the years. We love Marrerro Events so much that my sister will be using her as well for her 2015 wedding from the start. She brings experience, knowledge, and excitement to every one of her events!

Outstanding

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Mark H

We highly recommend Courtney at Marrero Events. She handled every detail effectively, with a minimum of fuss. The wedding ran smoothly because of her. She was aware of a million small details that we were not, and she took care of them efficiently. For example, she got the... Read More flowers for the wedding party from the florist to both the bridesmaids at the hotel and the groomsmen, some at their houses, some met her at the venue. And we did not have to worry about any of that - you WANT to have someone handle that and the other thousand details so you don't have to. Courtney was fun to work with and a pleasure to be around. You want to like the person who is helping you with all the details on your wedding day, and she's not only a great person but organized and effective.

Absolute lifesaver

Reviewed on 2/23/2013 Shannon F

Paula and her tam saved my wedding. Just weeks before the wedding we had a major problem and in less than 8 weeks I had to replay our entire wedding from across the country. I found Paula and she instantly became my wedding fairy. She called in all her contacts and was able to... Read More get everything re-planned for us. We started over completely, new vendors, new location, new invitations, the only things that didn't change for us were the bride and groom and the church, I would have lot my mind if it weren't for Paula and how calm she was and how organized. I would recommend her to any bride without question in an instant.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Isabel C

I could not have asked for a better planner for my wedding. I was lucky enough to be able to work with Paula Marrero and with Isabelle, and they were with me every step of the way, supporting me and helping me to focus my vision for the wedding and bring that vision to life.... Read More Paula Marrero is on top of every detail, knows all of the best vendors (and which ones will be the best fit for each individual bride), is attentive to any and all needs, and knows how to answer every question and navigate every dilemma. She knows when to push you a bit, and when to remind you to relax and take a step back. In other words, she truly does it all! On my wedding day, I never felt that I had to worry about any of the details or what was coming next. Paula was always there, taking care of every detail and gently reminding me to stay focused on the present moment – the latter of which is something that I could not have done without her. The wedding was magical and absolutely beautiful, but the wedding planning process itself was just as special. Paula and Isabelle took the stress out of the process and made it fun. I loved our phone calls and meetings, and it was so hard to say good-bye after the wedding. I highly recommend Marrero Weddings and Events – you cannot find anyone better.

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Marjorie R

How can a widow and her widower plan their wedding when they don't even live in the same state? And their knowledge of the wedding industry is limited? And so are their computer skills? They do what you must: contact Marraro Event Planning. From our first contact with Paula... Read More Marraro until she and her assistant finally left the wedding venue after the celebration ended, Paula provided extraordinary service. She absolutely knows everything you need to know. Paula listened to us. She asked the important questions and respected our needs. She understands budgets, family dynamics, scheduling issues, etiquette concerns and, most importantly, her industry. She is organized. She is flexible. She is well connected and respected in the field. She is the best. We give her 5 stars.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Stephanie F

Paula helped us to plan an absolutely magical wedding! From the moment we started working with her she listened to us carefully, helped us to figure out what WE wanted, not what she wanted for us, and just kept telling us she wanted us to be happy. She clearly spent time getting... Read More to know us and our vision for the wedding- every time she made a vendor recommendation we loved it/them! I wish she had been a bit more responsive via email in the months leading up to our wedding, but when it came to the last 8 weeks, we had regular emails, scheduled phone call meetings, and it was clear she was in her element- making sure everything would go perfectly on the wedding day. We absolutely LOVED our wedding day and all of the vendors recommended to us by Paula and her fabulous staff, definitely schedule a phone call with Paula to see if you're a fit.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Barbara H

Paula Marrero = Magic Paula Marrero makes the magic happen. She begins with an amazing network of connections and she will work with you to make sure your experience with each vendor is the absolute best. We had a number of things lined up before we hired Paula but we felt... Read More secure in all of our decisions because Paula was always honest about whom you could count on for what. Would the band overwhelm our 130-person wedding (‘absolutely not”); would the photographer be worth the money (“1000%”)? All true. By the time late fall rolled around, all of our vendors were secured and three months out Paula (and Isabelle) kicked into high gear. Every meeting was a run-through of the big day, but the goal was never to put pressure on us; it was more to firm up the design of the day, put a handful of priority items on our to-do list, and move on. I never felt I had to keep the whole project, or the big picture, in my head. That was in Paula’s job and in her head. And little by little things just got done. As amazing as all this was, I can’t say enough about Paula’s “day of” handling of the wedding -- her quiet command of every detail, her spectacular, loving care for my daughter, her thoughtfulness about my elderly mother-in-law, her sensitive family management skills, her astonishing energy level from morning to night. She seemed to be everywhere at once – but she was QUIETLY ubiquitous. The only bad part? Saying good-bye at the end. A number of my friends were surprised that I hired a wedding planner. I’m very organized and can-do. But it was the best investment we made. It took the burden out of the work. It allowed me and my daughter to have fun together. So it wasn’t just the wedding that was amazing – and it truly was a beautiful, magical wedding – but the lead-up to it was actually also wonderful. It doesn’t get better than that.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Eileen F

If you want a wedding where every detail is taken into account, and you want to enjoy your wedding day without worrying about anything, then contract with Marrero Events. Paula is a master at helping you to create the wedding of your dreams. As the mother of a very busy bride,... Read More I was overwhelmed initially with all of the details involved with hosting a wedding at Elm Bank in Wellesley. While the venue itself is stunning, hosting an event there means contracting with outside vendors for every aspect of the affair. How lucky we were that the event manager suggested we contact Paula. She had coordinated many events at this venue in the past, and we were told she'd be perfect to help with my daughter's wedding. From the first meeting we saw that Paula knew every detail that had to be considered, and she was thorough in gathering information from the bride and groom to understand their vision of the event. Every vendor she recommended was a great fit- professional, talented, and a pleasure to work with-in fact, it was necessary only to visit with the first vendor in each category to make our selection. As the wedding day approached, Paula was methodical in our weekly phone conferences, going through a timeline which involved every aspect of the event from the day before to the day after the wedding. Speaking with other mothers who bemoaned all the details, schedule mishaps, etc, I found myself frequently silently thanking Paula for her guidance. The end result of her hard work was a "magical" wedding (as noted by many of the guests), with fantastic coordination of the transportation, entertainers, caterers, florist, etc to make the bride and groom's vision come true. And, equally important, the bride and her mother (Type A+ people who at times were impatient with slight delays in returned emails), were absolutely calm and thoroughly enjoyed the event, while our event planner, and truly our cherished friend now, saw to it that the affair was simply perfect.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Alicia G

Paula & her team of incredible talent executed our wedding vision perfectly. From the first conversation I had with Paula, I knew we had to work together. Her friendly demeanor and passion/ knowledge of vendors in the industry is invaluable throughout the planning process. Her... Read More ability to make the entire bridal party feel so comfortable and informed is her innate gift. My new husband is particularly thankful that transportation was taken care of and logistics ran smoothly. We truly cannot thank Marrero Events, particularly Paula, Isabelle,& Cindy enough! Take it from a bride..I did not stress about one.thing. on my wedding day...work with Marrero Events!

Reviewed on 2/18/2016 Molly M

Paula and her team made our wedding day absolutely magical! We had high expectations after she helped plan my sister's wedding the previous year, and she absolutely delivered. In particular, she helped manage (and think of!) the decor details that made it spectacular (we were... Read More literally wowed walking into the tent), and handled all the details of wrangling different vendors. Day-of, I was fully at peace knowing that everything would be covered, and she shielded me from all the last minute hassles (of which I'm sure there are always some). Most importantly, she was constantly a pleasure to work with and we were thrilled to have her there with us at the wedding.

Reviewed on 2/16/2016

As the MOB, finding Paula was the best gift I could have given myself! Paula and Courtney are professional and knowledgeable and can solve whatever problems come up, but more importantly they are warm and compassionate and fun to work with. My daughter and I were new to... Read More wedding planning, and initially I was overwhelmed by the idea of throwing a very expensive 5 hour party that only a handful of people would even appreciate. But over time I came to view it as a year-long family project that brought a lot of fun and laughs and togetherness, and culminated in the perfect dream wedding for my daughter. Paula and Courtney played a big role in that transformation and we will be forever grateful! I would highly recommend them! The day of the wedding, we were all able to fully enjoy every moment, knowing that everything behind the scenes was totally under control. In spite of the fact that the wedding was at a major Boston hotel that included an on-site wedding planner, Paula and Courtney were the ones who made the day perfect. Definitely the best investment we made!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Andrew B

Paula is a marvelous master of ceremonies! Immediately upon initial contact, we had established a fantastic professional --and personal-- rapport [that is in fact continuing to this day]. She and her team are remarkably organized and efficient - from the outset to the dirty... Read More details. Our wedding, held at the Liberty Hotel in Boston, would not have been the fabulous affair it was if it were not for Paula. She really knows her craft, and helped us facilitate many of the details we would not have even considered on our own. We cannot rave enough about Paula! Practically all of our guests have said our wedding was the best they'd ever experienced, and many have added that Paula was our best investment - and we clearly agree! If you are still seeking a planner of any sort for your event, look no further than Marrero Events!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Lauren O

Paula and her team were fantastic to work with!! She provided expertise and support on every aspect of planning a wedding! She also is great mental and moral support when the going gets stressful. She is professional, flexible and knows the business and everyone in it!... Read More Definitely recommend Marrero for your wedding if you are looking for a veteran who will help you out on all fronts!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Kate H

I'm not a wedding girl. I love weddings and love and the commitment of it all but let's just say I'm not the girl that secretly planned her wedding since I was 10. I got engaged in August 2014 and after all the initial excitement I realized how behind the curve I was in planning... Read More what I'm told should be a dream day. My father recommended hiring a wedding coordinator and I figured why not at least check it out? It was like Paula and her team knew what we would want before we did but - and this is key - she never said as much. Paula may have opinions about what is best - and she'll share them and make recommendations - but in the end she is very respectful that all decisions are ultimately the couple's to make. She also has amazing contacts and I highly recommend you rely on her expertise when it comes to vendor selection. We gave Paula our overall budget and, in listening closely to what was important to us, she chose vendors who fell within our budget. One example of this is that I was OBSESSED with talking about the flowers and the feel of the wedding. For whatever reason the flowers were how I was able to express how I envisioned the wedding day to be. She therefore allotted a good portion of the budget towards floral design. She also listened to the fact that, for me, discussing lighting options (uplighting, downlighting, mood lighting) made me want to fall sleep. So she just handled it for us. She talked with the DJ and that was that. We never had to think about it. But come wedding day I had the minimum amount of uplighting to create the maximum classy, candlelit feeling she knew I would want. If your on the fence about hiring a wedding coordinator, just do it. Whatever money you spend you will save in aggravation and second-guessing. Consider it a present to you and your future spouse so that you can just focus on being happy and loving each other while Paula and her wonderful team handle the irritating, stressful, boring, and/or sensitive details.

Marrero is the way to go

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Maggie S

Paula Marrero is a wedding planner extraordinaire. She has many years of experience, which makes her guidance both practical and balanced, as well as gave us access to other wonderful vendors. She is direct and candid with her advice, which when you're planning a potentially... Read More stressful event, is indepensible. Paula and her team are A-Game professionals that know their way around every planning question. And her integrity as a business person was the backbone to our event.

MWE wedding planning review

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 allie l

Paula and Courtney were an absolute dream to work with from start to finish and I know we would not have had the dream wedding without their help. We had a large wedding at a somewhat involved venue but from the moment we established contact with MWE, we immediately felt at ease... Read More and knew the team would take care of us. Throughout the months leading up to our wedding both Paula and Courtney, as well as the team of day of coordinators, went above and beyond, answering emails and returning phone calls around the clock, helping us to negotiate the best vendor prices, even securing last minute venue decorations/furniture for our event. The team is hard-working, honest, supportive and true wedding veterans/pros in every aspect. I was able to sleep peacefully at night (well most nights!) knowing they were in charge, and it all paid off the weekend of our wedding. They coordinated the rehearsal, day of schedule, and entire wedding night events. Not one thing ran off course and we wouldn't have been able to do it without their guidance and expertise. Aside from how amazing they are at their jobs, they bring a client-first attitude and approach to their events and kept me and my mom smiling and laughing throughout some stressful days and weeks. I was able to sit back, relax and ENJOY the happiest day of my life because MWE was seamlessly handling all of the little and big details. The price we paid was easily worth it's weight in gold and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Paula and Courtney are not only consummate professionals, but wonderful people, a really dynamic duo who get the job done. We are so happy to have met them and have already referred them to other engaged friends of ours. Thank you MWE!!! You are THE best!

Courtney is Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Kathryn E

Where to begin with how amazing Marrero Events was!? If I had to break it down there were really three thing: Excellent Vendor Sourcing and Coordination, Day of Magic and EQ (Emotional Quotient) Working with Courtney, she took into consideration our budgets (of course)... Read More when recommending vendors, but also our personalities. For example, my husband is generally shy and hates having his photo taken. Courtney made sure to recommend someone who offered everything we wanted and who was also that very calm and unobtrusive to fit my husband's dislike of pictures. When I first met with her recommended florist, the florist began to almost read my mind when I described what I wanted. She tracked down every single detail, and made sure that everything seemed to appear on time like clockwork. Keep in mind on this front, that Courtney worked with my husband to plan our rehearsal dinner and rehearsal dinner vendors at no additional charge to the wedding planning package we purchased. For the day of my wedding, it was literally like Disney magic. Everywhere I went, everyone I talked to, flowers magically appeared, vendors arrived and went and I didn't need to know about anything that happened. I had someone fall sick during my wedding, someone fall down stairs at my wedding and I never had to know. Courtney magic'd it away. She also made sure that every piece of the wedding timeline was like clockwork. When that crazy aunt latched on to me and toasts had to happen soon, Courtney appeared from nowhere, managed that aunt everybody has and I was able to escape to do what I needed to do :) My brother said that watching Courtney manage people sternly but politely was like watching a star running back weave through defense to the end line. Long story short, I didn't have to do anything but enjoy my day! And let's be real, that's all a girl wants on her wedding day. Lastly, it's really important to note those intangible things that Courtney brought to the process. She navigated difficult family situations, and helped advise me on what to do. I was the first person I knew to get married, and Courtney really helped coach me through the process. And most of all, she encouraged me to sit down and think about myself. You'll find that can be really difficult during the wedding planning process, but she really made sure that when I looked back on my wedding day I saw all the little pops of my own personality she encouraged me to incorporate. She really challenged me to be thoughtful about my big day, and I appreciate that most of all! All in all, if you are looking to hire Courtney or Paula for your event, I really can't say enough great things about them and their team. Absolutely the best choice I made in my wedding planning process!

WE LOVE PAULA!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2014 natalie b

We absolutely loved working with Paula. From the first conversation, to the package of food from the reception that she left in our room the night of the wedding, every interaction was a pleasure. She managed difficult family situations, bride stress, and helped us find budget... Read More friendly vendors. She helped us get creative an worked with us on our "out of the box" ideas to give out wedding a unique and personal feel. I loved Paula's personality. She had our best interest first and foremost in her mind. This can easily get lost when there are so many opinions about how the wedding should be. I felt protected from that by Paula. We REALLY miss her!!!! I would give her 10000 starts if I could. There is nothing I would change about how she managed our event and she was the BEST decision we made after we decided to get married :). Thank you Paula!!! xoxo Natalie and James

Marrero Events

Reviewed on 6/25/2014

I have had the great pleasure of working with Paula Marrero and her assistant Courtney Graham in planning for our daughter’s wedding. Their knowledge, skill and attention to detail combined to make it a wonderful, warm and joyful experience for the bride and groom, our guests,... Read More and us. They not only made the event seamless, they were a pleasure to work with - always available, responsive, and reassuring. They “managed” us very well and made us laugh. As critical as the planning was, Courtney’s assistance on the wedding day itself made all the difference. Her orchestration of the events and management of vendors made the day easy and enjoyable for all of us. Importantly, she stayed until the end of the event. As a result, the ending was as smooth and easy as the day itself. Paula’s and Courtney’s personal and professional integrity is of the highest order and we welcome the opportunity to use their services again. We recommend Marrero Events in the strongest possible terms.

Happy Labor Day Bride!

Reviewed on 11/09/2012 Oluwayemisi A

Paula is amazing. I was a bride planning a wedding in Boston and living in Salt Lake City. Paula was my eyes and ears for everything. She recommened top notch vendors who made our day so beautiful. Talk about someone who can keep things going and on time particularly with... Read More Nigerians who are known to be late to everything. I am so glad we hired her because she made our day exactly how I envisioned it and more. I really miss our scheduled Thursday calls to go over everything now that the wedding is over. I can't wait to have another reason to hire her so we can plan something just as beautiful as our wedding.

My rock throughout the planning process!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Amee N

Working with Paula was amazing. She took the time to really understand my taste and the type of wedding I was envisioning - this helped from the get-go as I was selecting vendors, as Paula could give me a handful of suggestions that would really fit what I was looking for. She... Read More was a wonderful resource for my parents as well throughout the process - they probably called her more often than they called me in the weeks leading up to the wedding! The wedding itself couldn't have been more magical - Paula was so organized; the only thing I had to think about during the day was enjoying the time with friends & family. Multiple guests mentioned what an amazing job Paula and her team were doing with keeping things moving smoothly. I'm positive that I wouldn't have had the same wedding without Paula - working with her was absolutely worth the investment!

Paula was fantastic!! (7/22/12)

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Laura L

My experience with Paula Marrero was wonderful, from beginning to end. I was really anxious about planning my wedding, especially about all of the little details. She patiently answered all of my questions, and more importantly, she asked so many questions about things I hadn't... Read More even thought about! She was very clear about what had to be done, and what things I didn't need to stress about, kept me on a schedule, and made the whole planning process (not to mention the day of!) a real pleasure. Paula really listened to what we wanted for our wedding day and suggested vendors that fit what we wanted. I cannot say enough good things about this experience!

I got my fairy tale.

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Tara P

For Reference: I am a perfectionist and a romantic. I am a wardrobe stylist with prior experience in event planning and my groom is in television production. We are both visual people and our high standards do not make us easy customers. We planned our wedding day for over a... Read More year... And it was PERFECT. The Review: Paula Marrero, of Marrero Weddings and Events, was our wedding coordinator. While we knew exactly what we wanted for our wedding, Paula made our dream a reality. She made informed vendor recommendations... She stood in my corner during stressful times... She was an amazing liaison between vendors... She worked tirelessly to return each and every phone call and email that we sent (not a small task!)... She answered all of our questions... She sourced unique items that I could not find anywhere... The list goes on and on. The best part? On our wedding day, we knew we had nothing to worry about because Paula saw to EVERY detail. Paula Marrero understands the art of dealing with people. She was tough when she needed to be and gentle when she needed to be. She works hard for her couples and is exactly the kind of person that you want to represent your family. Bottom line: The memory of our wedding day is truly a gift and we have heard the same thing from other family members and friends that attended. It was a magical and unforgettable evening and we couldn't have done it without Marrero Weddings and Events. Hire Paula Marrero for a day, a week, or a year. You won't be sorry! Paula, thank you for everything. You are family now too. xo T and E

Best decision I made

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Kristin O

Hiring a wedding planner - specifically Paula Marrero - was the best wedding decision I could have made. From the start, Paula was so patient and timely in answering a million logistical and etiquette questions. I am so curious, detail oriented, and OCD about checking... Read More things off my list and doing them the right way, so her patience was especially appreciated! The best part was that Paula never made me feel like I was a nuisance! She always had such complimentary and reassuring things to say. Then, as the months progressed, Paula and her team (Karla Cassidy in particular) helped make my vision become a reality. We had our reception at the Artists for Humanity EpiCenter, which is basically a blank slate, so there was a lot of work to be done, bringing in the right furniture, decor elements, florals, etc. to make it just right. And it was - truly - the perfect event. It all came together in such a magical way (the magic being Paula and Karla! doing all of their behind-the-scenes work!)! I would absolutely, hands down, recommend Marrero Weddings & Events, whether you need help with everything from start to finish, or just a few details. Having Paula's insights, guidance, and connections to vendors was incredibly helpful, and helped make the 13 months of planning far more enjoyable, and far less stressful!!

Paula was wonderful to work with

Reviewed on 2/26/2012 Kristin N

We loved Paula, she was easy and fun to work with. She listened to our ideas and always had something in mind to help make them a reality. Especially during the last stressful month before the wedding, we were extremely grateful to have her expertise and calming influence. On... Read More the day of, Paula handled everything and we didn't even notice (or have to worry about) any of the logistical things going on behind the scenes. Everything about the wedding was beautiful and just what we wanted, thanks to Paula.