Marriott San Mateo San Francisco Airport

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Backyard, Garden, Hotel

1770 S Amphlett Blvd, San Mateo, CA (650) 653-6000

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Erica P

This is a review of our event at the San Mateo Marriott. We had our Wedding on November 5, 2016. I want to start off this review stating that the staff I worked with was amazing, Kristine our coordinator was very responsive with all my wedding questions and tried to accommodate... Read More us the best she can during the whole wedding process. I loved working with Kristine!!! I also loved working with Hugo, the banquet manager! We were very happy with the event itself; it was beautiful event however we were very unhappy with the Marriott having two events on the same floor…. The Marriot did warn us that were going to have two events but kept assuring us the other party would stay in their room and we would only see them in the bathroom or the balcony. However that was not the case…. - We had our cocktail hour at the Synergy Area. The other event interrupted our cocktail hour for their grand entrance. Which I thought was kind of rude since the night before we couldn’t interrupt the event upstairs when we needed to unload our décor. My brother in laws girlfriend saw them around our bar area so I wasn’t sure if they drank anything from our open bar area. The other party sort of took over our cocktail hour towards the end and our guests were uneasy with the extra guest around. My mom had to stop entertaining guest during cocktail hour and had to stand guard of our gift table just in case someone tried taking our gifts. -The Marriott forgot to serve our wine for dinner. We requested them to serve the wine we brought during dinner and told us “we asked all the tables but they didn’t want wine.” We knew they didn’t ask people because the person who brought the wine asked for wine and they told him get it from the bar. -The other party on our floor overtook the hallway when were told numerous times that the other party will stay in their room and the only time we would cross paths was in the bathroom. Our guests were annoyed that so many people were hanging around the bathroom. My dad said there were drunk girls in the MEN’s Bathroom. Another guest said the bathroom where filthy by the end of the night. -The other party CRASHED our Wedding. The Marriott said that never happens but my mom saw two girls from the other party dancing in our dance floor. And I saw two guys that didn’t belong to our party with yellow risk bands with Drinks in their hands. These people could have helped themselves to our open bar. The Banquet Director even told us they had to kick people out of wedding that didn’t belong. -Lastly what pissed us off the most is a drunk person from another party actually kick our dog while he was walking out of the venue to go home. Actually caused a small bruise to our dog. I understand that the Marriott could have not have known that this would happen BUT they could have prevented it by NOT having another event on the same floor. I would not recommend anyone having an event there especially a wedding unless you know you have the whole upstairs to yourself. I wouldn’t want anything like what we experienced at our wedding to happen anyone else.

Accommodating as can be

Reviewed on 11/17/2012 Tiffany C

The San Mateo Marriott does offer some great packages and its a big space, so if you're looking for an intimate wedding, this is not the place... There were so many things going on the day of our wedding. There was a ceremony in the morning prior to ours and another event in... Read More the adjacent ballroom during the reception. Stefani, the catering manager we worked with is very professional and nice. We had some issues with the blocking of rooms for guests and she was able to work it out for us. The staff was great as well and everyone had a fun time!

Wonderful to Work With

Reviewed on 9/11/2011 Sol S

The staff at SFO Aiport Marriott in San Mateo provided me with a great package for my wedding guest accommodations. Although I have only a few out of town guest, and I did not get married at they venue, they provided excellent and very professional service. The rate were... Read More reasonable considering we are in the Bay Area. They also gave us accommodations in wonderful wedding suite on our wedding night which was superb.

Very easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/27/2011 Jennifer T

The people in the sales office were great, they worked with me on getting rooms for guests that needed to come in before or stay later then the room block was set up for. Overall beautiful hotel in a great location!

Pretty gazebo

Reviewed on 6/19/2011 Dana S

The San Mateo Marriott was my vendor for my daytime ceremony and a light reception immediately after. It was a good outdoor/indoor venue that suited what I was looking for. We had about 200 guests attending, and there was plenty of room for them and more if needed. The price... Read More was just right for the venue, but the price for the food was high. The coordinator was great to work with. She answered all my questions and helped relieve some of my anxiety. I was happy with this venue, for its location and the setting it provided.