Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

For a traditionally elegant wedding, the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, is worth a look. With several venue options for your ceremony or reception, you're sure to find something that sets exactly the atmosphere you're looking for in your wedding celebration.

the largest space the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel offers, is 4,658 square feet and can seat up to 300 guests for dinner. This ballroom is a two-story blend of rooftop garden and ballroom that spans the building. The windows in the Crystal Ballroom extend from floor to ceiling, 22-feet high and 9-feet wide, through which your guests can enjoy the view of the city and the Mississippi River.

is 4,100 square feet of venue space holding up to 200 guests for a seated dinner or 300 reception guests. This ballroom is two stories with barrel-vaulted ceilings, as well as marble floors and pillars. This room is lit by candles.

accommodates up to 200 seated guests in its 2,450 square feet of space. This room also grants a full view of the historic Washington Avenue.

are all located on the 21st floor of the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel. All three have floor-to-ceiling windows and a view of the western skyline. These spaces are best suited for smaller receptions that range between 25 to 70 seated guests or 15 to 50 reception guests.

The Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel insists that you allow it to see to your catering needs. Only the catering sales manager or the event manager can make exceptions to this policy. The hotel culinary staff, however, is happy to work with the couple to see that the menu it offers the guests is exactly what they had in mind.

The venue also offers Marriott-certified wedding planners to help couples with every aspect of the event, from determining their vision to making sure all the pieces come together in the end, offering rentals, decor and much more. They can also help set and stay within the wedding budget. Additionally, with plenty of rooms available, you can guarantee that your out-of-town guests will be comfortable and well-accommodated for the duration of their stay.

The Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel offers many common amenities, but it also offers a few less-common extras.

• Ice martini bar
  • Ice carvings
  • Designer china
  • Valet parking available
  • Close to several popular St. Louis attractions
  • Access to nearby golf course

Discover a historic classic in St. Louis

Say “I do” to a St. Louis wedding venue that is historic, elegant and breathtakingly beautiful. Because it’s not only about getting married. It’s about celebrating this momentous day, brilliantly.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

800 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 621-9600

Fairytale come true at the Renaissance Grand

Reviewed on 1/28/2013 Dzana H

We booked our 12-12-12 wedding at The Renaissance Grand for both the ceremony and reception. I come from a hospitality background and have worked at the Ritz-Carlton for over 6 years, so I was initially a bit worried that anything less than Ritz was going to be disappointing for... Read More me. The Renaissance Grand exceeded every expectation I had! From beginning to end, everyone that I encountered during the planning process and the night of made sure that every request we had was met with a smile and a 'yes, of course!' If it was something they could not accomdate, they made sure to give alternatives that did work for them and us. We had guests at our wedding from 3 different continents and over 6 countries - everyone was blown away! We picked the Crystal Ballroom on the 21st floor for the ceremony and reception. The 22foot high ceiling and windows combined old-world elegance with a spectacular view. We went all out with the flowers and centerpieces but the room does not need necessarily need it. We just did it for the WOW factor - altough the room is truly 'grand' even without any extras. The food was superb - we opted for a dual entree of salmon & sirloin and we received many compliments. The staff was attentive and efficient throughout the night and the entire evening truly was a fairytale come true.

beautiful hotel!

Reviewed on 7/24/2012 Erin H

beautiful hotel, great location very accommodating and easy to work with

Elegantly grand at the Renissance Grand!

Reviewed on 5/22/2012 Casey M

I could not have choosen a better venue to hold my wedding reception! The staff was very professional and extremly accomadating. I had so many compliments on the food. Not only did it taste amazing but the presentation was Grand! The ballroom provided an atmosphere that... Read More surpassed my expectations!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Tracie J

Anthea, our event coordinator, was phenomenal. She kept every detail perfectly executed and organized. The catering staff and event staff were polite and wonderful. Would recommend for anyone for a venue and place to stay in St. Louis.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Christine C

We had our cocktail hour and reception at the Marriott St. Louis Grand in the Crystal Ballroom and it was absolutely perfect!! The Crystal Ballroom is breathtaking! The staff was excellent, especially the wedding coordinators, Shelby and Matt. Shelby and Matt were very... Read More responsive, detail orientated and assuring throughout the whole process guiding us along. From the planning to the execution, every detail was covered and the service was exquisite. We received many compliments from our guests regarding how great the food tasted, how beautiful the ballroom was and how nice the staff was! Having our reception here was the best decision we made! I am very grateful to the staff for making it such a memorable day! I would highly recommend the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Alli K

We had our wedding reception at the Crystal Ballroom and it was absolutely gorgeous! Shelby was great to work with - professional, friendly, helpful, and always provided information and advice. The catering was delicious. We received so many compliments from our guests regarding... Read More how great the dinner tasted. The hotel rooms were nice and spacious for guests and valet parking was a perk for guests. I would highly recommend the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel and especially the Crystal Ballroom. It is a beautiful room!

Beautiful Setting!

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Becky W

We had our reception in the Statler Ballroom. It was elegant and stunning! Shelby Robbins helped us every step of the way with her attention to detail - everything was perfect!

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Rachel G

We had our ceremony and reception in the Crystal Ballroom and everything was amazing. We chose the buffet package and all of our guests really enjoyed all of the options - sushi, mashed potato bar, tacos...everyone was stuffed! Our coordinator, Meridith, went above and beyond... Read More to make the day run smoothly. I was worried initially about how everything would play out since we were flipping the ballroom between the ceremony and reception, but she took care of everything and allowed me to enjoy the evening socializing with our guests. The ballroom was gorgeous, we didn't have to spend much on decor since the room is so opulent. At the end of the night we went back to our room and were surprised with chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and rose petals..even nicer our gifts and ceremony/reception items (toasting flutes, cake servers, left over cake, etc) were neatly packed into a luggage cart and ready to go for the next morning. The recent remodel is great, the bridal suite was very spacious and served as a nice back drop for our getting ready pictures. If you want the convenience of a banquet facility but still want a venue that retains unique character and classic beauty, this is the place for you!

Beautiful Updates

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Victoria W

I was weary because this hotel was changing from a "Renaissance" to a "Marriott" between the time I made my room blocks and the wedding date. I had also never seen inside of the hotel but oh my gosh it was beautiful! We had 2 rooms the night before the wedding; one for the groom... Read More stay/get ready in and one for the bride to stay/get ready in. They let the bride's room have a late check out. The room was HUGE with so much natural light and our hair and make up team LOVED it! The beds were comfortable and there was also a pull out couch which was great! The only downside was that even though I booked a HUGE suite with a kitchen area there was only one mini fridge (very mini). All of our guests that stayed at the hotel seemed to like it and even the smaller rooms were great! My husband and I also stayed there on our wedding night. They gave us champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals. It was beautiful!!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Angela M

The staff has a generally bad attitude and the default answer is "no". If you are okay with lack of attention to detail and a constantly turning over staff- this is the place for you. They broke some of my decor and blamed it on my guests (I was the last person in the room so I... Read More know this is a lie). That said, they are good at making last minute adjustments and the food is great. I'm not sure that it's an even trade off, but that's what you will get.

Outstanding Venue!!!

Reviewed on 2/23/2015 Mary M

The Renaissance Grand delivered an outstanding service to my husband and I. From the planning to the execution, every detail was covered and the service was exquisite. We had to change wedding coordinators and the hotel was under construction and I still would use this venue and... Read More recommend you do the same. The Crystal ballroom was stunning. The food was delicious. They were incredibly accommodating. The hotel is able to provide wedding services in a very convenient way - you don't have to separately arrange a caterer, dishes, linens, parking, etc.

Reception Venue Review - Renaissance Grand Hotel

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 Marissa H

We had our reception at the Renaissance Grand in St. Louis, MO and it was amazing! Everyone there is very accommodating and our Coordinator, Aylssa Como, was amazing! Alyssa was on top of every detail, ensured everything was perfect, and was a complete pleasure to work with. The... Read More food there is amazing, their halls gorgeous, and the staff exceptional. I would definitely recommend the Renaissance.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Jeanna K

My wedding was perfect from start to finish! My ceremony was in the Statler Ballroom and Reception in the Crystal Ballroom. We originally booked our date with Liz and she showed us the rooms. She was so sweet and accommodating! My event coordinator was Kristin, she was... Read More amazing! She made my day perfect! Making sure everything thing was on time and in place. She was more than accommodating and was so helpful through out the entire process. The servers were so friendly, the food was delicious, and the extra touches the hotel throws in to make you feel special made my wedding flawless and stress free!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Michaela

The reception was amazing and wedding coordinator Alyssa Como was always there to help.

DREAM wedding location!

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Ashley B

I had my wedding at the Renaissance Hotel for both my ceremony and Reception. I cannot get over how BEAUTIFUL it was! I had my reception in the Statler Ballroom and it was the perfect setting. I continue to receive compliments on the food provided by the catering staff - the... Read More appetizers, meal, wedding cake and even the macaroon favors. My coordinator Kristin was great. I cannot be more thankful that I chose the Renaissance for my wedding!

Best decision we made!

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 pam C

We were thrilled with the Renaissance Grand. The ceremony room and Statler Ballroom are beautiful spaces. Everyone we worked with were utter professionals. John and Liz were amazing, as were all the servers and staff. Our guests raved about the food. The servers kept checking on... Read More my husband and I to make sure we were taken care of. I did not have to worry about setup- we brought all our centerpieces, alter arrangements, aisle runners, decorations, and the hotel staff set them all up. Likewise, they collected and stored everything until the next day when I could pick them up. They were also very thoughtful- our gifts and a slice of wedding cake were brought to our bridal suite, and there was champagne waiting for us. Having our wedding here was the best decision we made! I am very grateful to the staff of the Renaissance Grand for making it a memorable day!

Wonderful Service

Reviewed on 5/31/2011 Meghan O

Gave us a wonderful rate for our guests and had incredible customer service leading up to the event as well as the event itself. Would absolutely stay here again!

Perfect!!

Reviewed on 3/23/2011 Emily M

We recently had our reception at the Renaissance Grand (2/11). It was absolutely perfect. We had so many comments from our guests as to what a beautiful, elegant room it was. Many people told us it was the "nicest" wedding they had ever been to. The food was excellent as was the... Read More staff. They did so much for us, we basically had our own wedding planner through the Renaissance. Can't imagine having our reception elsewhere. Highly highly recommend this place.

Great food!

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Jessica G

The food here was delicious. Too bad my husband and I barely had time to eat!

My wedding venue

Reviewed on 8/12/2010 Lindsay F

The Crystal Ballroom is absolutely beautiful. My family has used this space for multiple weddings. The only thing that went wrong during my wedding was the kitchen running out of chicken. This was very upsetting, but the situation was handeled. Other than that, we are very... Read More happy with the events that we have had there.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 LaRae S

Old world charm. Marble floors and walls, two stories high and open. Stone pillars with ambiant lighting. Very detailed ceiling and other fine details.;It can only hold less than 180 people comfortably if you want a dance floor.

Reviewed on 9/30/2007 kathy s

The Crystal Ballroom at The Renaissance Grand was breathtaking..the staff was excellant especially the wedding coordinator who paid complete attention to all details..food was very good;Room holds up to 250 but is more comfortable if you stay between 200 and 225

Reviewed on 9/23/2007 Julie T

The rooftop ballroom is beautiful. It has 22-foot high windows and is beautifully restored. There is a piano available for cocktail music and the food was delicious!!!