Marvin Hall Photography

Serving Lansing area and beyond.

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Wedding

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available

11209 Prestwick Drive, Lansing, MI Serving Lansing area and beyond. (517) 599-4474

Absolutely Fabulous

Reviewed on 11/27/2013 Paige Harley H

Marvin's photography was absolutely beautiful. The whole experience with Marvin and Mary was excellent. Everything from our engagement photo sessions to the wedding day of pictures (getting ready, the ceremony, the reception) was amazing. It was a pleasure to work with both... Read More Marvin and Mary. They were very professional, and their skill level and love of photography was apparent throughout our time with them. They made our day that much more enjoyable, and I know we will remember our wedding all the more because of their hard work and talent.

WE LOVE MARVIN HALL PHOTOGRAPHY!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Sarah Y

Marvin Hall Photography is the BEST in Michigan. And in my opinion the best EVER! Marvin and his team captured every special memory and for that we will be forever grateful! Marvin and his team are timely, prompt, friendly and respectful.

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Colleen P

We had Marvin Hall Photography do both our engagement and wedding pictures, and we could not have been more pleased! What a fantastic group of people to work with. They made our photo sessions fun and non-stressful. They captured every part of our wedding and we have beautiful... Read More photographs to look back on and remember our special day. Marvin and his team added joy to our day and we are so thankful that they were with us.

Marvin Hall (finest photography service you can ge

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 josh p

We used Marvin for our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the job that he did. Here are a few of the things that stood out to us: 1. He is very friendly, but not intrusive to your wedding date. We felt so comfortable working around him. He is fun to work with, but wants... Read More to make sure that your wedding day is all about you. 2. Great angles on the photos he took. He had an assistant with him, but you still wonder how he got photos from so many great angles. 3. Communication. Marvin was always quick to respond to questions and keep you updated with the progress of your photos. 4. The end product is phenomenal. Photos had beautiful color and the book we received will be shown off to many people. 5. Marvin's female assistant, Kristina, received high remarks from my wife and our bridesmaids. They all commented about her joyful attitude the entire time. I really have no complaints about Marvin Hall. I would probably recommend getting your engagement photos done along with the wedding package that fits your budget. You will not be disappointed with the service he provides. -Joshua Puuri

Best Photograher In Lansing Tri-State Area

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Tenera T

Hands down Marvin Hall is the best photographer in the Lansing Tri-State area. Typically I am not a picture person but Marvin Hall was able to capture photo's that I was extremely pleased with, they were absolutely beautiful. Mr. Hall was timely and responsive to all my... Read More needs. He also provided a sneak peak video of my photo's which eliminated a the need for a costly videograher. Out of all my wedding vendors and services Marvin Hall's reputation definitely precedes him. If you want one less thing to worry about on your wedding day then it would be wise to secure Marvin Hall. Thanks Marvin; because of you Lansing is on the map!

Excellent Photographs

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Amie H

Marvin did a wonderful job at taking our photographs. We absolutely loved how they turned out, which was very important to me because of my love for photography.

Great!

Reviewed on 10/27/2012 Kendra S

Marvin was great to work with! He responded to my many questions very quickly and made us feel confident in the service we were getting. The photos he and his assistant took were provided to us in a timely manner and better than expected. Definitely recommend him! Great... Read More person to work with, professional attitude and great quality photos for the price.

Absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/19/2012 Patricia C

After looking and reviewing all the photographers listed on The Knot, I chose Marvin Hall because his photos posted on his website were very unique and when I met with him in person on our initial interview, I knew this was the man I wanted to take my wedding photos. Marvin and... Read More his assistant were wonderful and very personable to work with. He has a very individual photography style and not a "canned" type session. He stands out above the rest. You won't be disappointed with Marvin!

Phenomenal!

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Jessica K

He took the time to get to know us as well as taking time to allow us to be us. He came to our family rehearsal dinner and was a blessed wonderful part. Highly recommended and a gem to work with. We look forward to going out next weekend and "Trashing the Dress".

my cousin wedding

Reviewed on 3/21/2011 julie t

You were at my cousin wedding for her pictures they turned out wonderful and i can not wait untill my wedding

It was everything I hoped for!

Reviewed on 3/11/2011 Gina R

I can't say enough good things about Marvin Hall Photography! The photographer was one of my top priorities in planning my wedding and I couldn't have hoped for a better one. Before the big day Marvin talked with me about the kind of pictures I wanted and any special shots that... Read More he should be sure to get and on the day he and his assistant were wonderful. They made everyone feel so comfortable and we had such a great time. My guests even commented on how great they were! When I got the pictures back I was floored. They were the most beautiful wedding pictures I had ever seen. Every shot I had wanted was there and so many more. He caught everything from the flower arrangements to my husband's grandma dancing all night long! He even captured things that I had missed. I could go on for pages about everything I loved about having Marvin Hall Photography for my wedding. Simply put, it was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding and I recommend him wholeheartedly to every new bride-to-be that I know!

Beautiful Work!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Ann O

I purposely did not go and read the other reviews for Marvin Hall's photography. I am sure that all the reviews are proclaiming all the wonderful virtues of his work, and so I am just one more. However, I wanted to post and tell others who might be looking for a photographer... Read More that every penny they spend on choosing him would be well worth it - just look at his portfolio online! I have known Marvin for many years and had kept an eye on the beautiful work he was doing and the progress over the years to become the professional that he is today. Years of experience have created a very talented artist with both an eye for beauty and all the necessary equipment to not just get the job done, but to make it exceptional! He is not just a photographer, but indeed and artist. I have 5 children and another one got married this past Fall. Marvin was contracted to do the task, and he did remarkable work. He truly captured the event and all the glory of each moment in a special way. He takes great pride in the quality of his work, and thus takes measures to insure that he will produce just that. He is sensitive in the way he conducts himself prior to, during and after the vent; using only the best of manners. I highly suggest that if you are looking for someone to capture an event; especially a wedding, that you consider choosing Marvin Hall for the job. "You will not be disappointed" sounds terrible when it is something as important as a wedding- so instead, let me say, You can't get any better than Marvin!

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Jeannette F

Marvin and his photographers did a wonderful job at my daughter's wedding. From the engagement photos done ahead of time to the last photograph at the end of the night, the pictures were fantastic. Marvin is easy to work with and gets the most beautiful shots. We were very... Read More pleased with our choice in photographers and would definitely use Marvin again. Thanks so much.

Beautiful photographs by an amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Lauren G

We were so lucky to have Marvin capture our special day and all of our engagement pictures! He took the time to get to know us as a couple and truly captured some amazing pictures! I wouldn't have changed a thing. Marvin is very easy to work with and very professional! We now... Read More have beautiful pictures to cherish forever.

Great Experience - Great Photos

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 concetta g

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We enjoyed the entire experience so much - from our engagement photo sessions to the wedding candid and posed shots. Everything turned out better than we could have hoped for. I'll cherish my photos forever. Thanks Marvin :)

Trusted and Talented Photographer

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Nora B

We selected Marvin to be our wedding photographer because we'd seen the work he'd done on other weddings. We weren't disappointed at our choice. During the wedding, Marvin made himself practically invisible -- not interfering with the proceedings -- yet he was able to capture... Read More the most amazing shots. Marvin caught the fun, the humor and the romance of the evening. And his pictures are gorgeous! His follow up after the wedding was professional and timely, too. We are incredibly pleased with Marvin and his talents.

WOW!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Robert J

NO NEED TO SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN “WOW!!" YOUR CAPACITY TO CAPTURE THE ESSENCE OF MY LITTLE GIRL’S SPECIAL DAY WAS AS “GOOD AS IT GETS”. PAM’S DAD BOB JOHNSON

Best Photographer I know

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 Hannah D

Marvin did an awesome job at our wedding. The pictures turned out wonderful and I couldnt be more happy. :) You rock at what you do Marvin!! :)

September 2010 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/28/2010 Jessica S

Marvin Hall is a phenomenal photographer who captures the moments that people witness and also ones that are unseen. His creativity and knowledge of the industry brings every photo to life with a hidden story behind each one. He has a zest for life and a true passion for his... Read More talent. We give him our highest recommendation as well as our gratitude for helping make the biggest day of our lives even more beautiful. Jessica and Zachery Olsen Married September 25th 2010

Great Pictures!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2010 Matt H

My brother definitely made the right decision in having Marvin Hall Photography take the pictures at his wedding. Marvin captured the best moments of my brother's wedding and did a phenomenal job putting the pictures together in both the album and collage that my brother got. I... Read More recommend Marvin to all of my friends who are getting married because I'll know he will do an excellent job!

So Professional!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Lindsey A

Marvin Hall was so extremely professional in our wedding. My husband, Darrek, and I got married in 2008, and Marvin was superb. I really could not have chosen a better photographer for our special day. When I show off our wedding album to other brides, they all say the same... Read More thing: that they are jealous beyond belief at how gorgeous and creative our pictures look. On our special day, Marvin Hall was so helpful and accommodating and just plain fun! He took a lot of stress off of our shoulders while making it a really fun time too.Thank you Marvin Hall Photography for making our amazing day even better and giving us gorgeous pictures to show off for years to come!

Breath Taking

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Katie L

Marvin did such an amazing job. He captured every single moment on our special day. I loved how he paid attention to detail. The pictures really show he knows what he is doing. I have so many people asking me about him when I show them my pictures. He has God given talent.... Read More Thanks for making our day absolutely breath taking.

Amazing Job!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Alisha H

Our wedding was in '07 and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of photographer. Not only were the pictures exceptional (which was a challenge...I'm very self conscious about my pictures...I usually don't like them), but their professionalism was very refreshing. Even... Read More when one of the decorators was rude to him he responded very politely. Also, he was very considerate of my family members who also wanted to take pictures. He was very patient with them while still getting the perfect shots that now fill my album. One of my friends told me before the wedding "your photographer for your wedding is very important. Other pictures can be retaken but you only have one change to capture your wedding day. Pick wisely". I honestly couldn't be happier with my wedding photos and I'm so very glad that we chose Marvin Hall Photography. The album was perfect and the dvd/slideshow brought back all of the "warm fuzzies" that I felt on my wedding day. I honestly do not have one complaint. I highly recommend them.

Great job Marv!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 David W

Marvin was great. The photos were amazing! He was also very easy and fun to be around and work with. The book he gave us in the end and the video were phenomenal.

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2010 Pam J

I couldn't have asked for anything better! Marvin did a wonderful job of capturing the little moments that mean the most! He stayed the whole time and interacted with my guests, shooting tons of candid photos, which I love! He was very easy to work with and my husband and I were... Read More very very pleased with how everything turned out! Every picture was unique and creative! Best photographer ever! Thanks a million Marvin!