Is this your business? claim it now

Mary Catomy Bridal Alterations

Schiller Park, IL

Alterations, Fashion Services, Fashion

4246 Kolze Ave, Schiller Park, IL (847) 678-7226

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Danielle K

Multiple people have recommended Mary to me - even the receptionist at my dental office! Mary is a miracle worker! I had a complete lace dress that was 2 sizes too big on top and needed my dress shortened in front. You could not even tell where the alterations were because she... Read More was able to match the lace up so well when making the alterations! She also added cups because my dress had an illusion back, did my bustle and, made my veil as well. Not only is her work amazing but she is super reasonable and super nice. I would recommend Mary to anyone and will definitely be using her in the future.

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Shereene M

Mary is great! She is so super sweet and personable. I'm also a petite bride with a curvy figure and she got my dress just right after taking a lot in. I noticed she had some Indian sari blouses as well so asked her to fix mine. She did amazing work and I'd recommend her to... Read More anyone!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Michele S

Mary is so talented. My dress was almost 2 sizes too big but on my wedding day it fit like a glove. My bustle was fabulous. She did an excellent job and the price was well within my budget! She's awesome!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Jenna H

Mary did an amazing job with the alterations on my wedding dress. My first appointment with her was about five months before the wedding day and I had three more appointments with her, including the final appointment when I picked up my dress. Each appointment was quick and she... Read More had everything done prior to me arriving, so all I had to do was try on my dress and make sure everything was still fitting! I also had her attach a belt, which she did flawlessly! Overall, the process of having my dress altered was quick, easy, and pain free thanks to Mary Catomy! I would highly recommend using her services!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Megan K

I cannot recommend Mary enough! I am a very petite bride, so the dress I tried on at the salon and the dress I received in the right size looked quite different proportion-wise. Mary was great at working with the dress to make the proportions as close to what they were, and in... Read More the end, we ended up with a unique design that I loved even more than the original! Her prices were also very reasonable!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Monica V

Mary is amazing!! My dress fit perfectly for my wedding day. Mary is so nice and was great to work with. She made sure ever details of the dress was perfect. I am so thankful for her amazing skills. I had a large ball grown dress and was really concerned that the bustle would... Read More break (as I have seen this happen to friends). Mary made a strong bustle and it was so easy to do. My MOH & one bridesmaid did it in just a few minutes! And it lasted all night with no issues! Mary's prices were very reasonable and were even less than that bridal stores. The best part is you got personal service, I visited her 4 times before the wedding where a bridal store would have you out in 2 visits. She kept the dress up until a couple days before just in case anything else needed to be altered.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Amanda K

Mary was an absolute pleasure to work with! Her alterations on my wedding dress were outstanding! She also made my garter, veil & my husband's pocket handkerchief (which she also stitched our wedding date on)! She made sure I was absolutely satisfied with my wedding dress, which... Read More I 100% was! She went above and beyond to make sure I was happy! I give her my absolute highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Randy K

Mary is AMAZING! Super friendly, accommodating and just a true artist!

Mary is the Best!

Reviewed on 4/25/2015 Michelle R

Mary was highly recommend by several co-workers. I was looking for the perfect seamstress for my amazing Groupon wedding dress purchase. I found the dress of my dreams on their website and without being able to try on the dress or able to return it I bought it! The deal was too... Read More amazing and I loved the dress for our rustic barn wedding. The dress was gorgeous when I recieved it in mail but was definitely at least two sizes too big! I brought it to Mary and she did wonders. The dress had to be taken in from back and zipper had to be ripped out to do so. Each time I came for fitting I also lost more weight so she had to take in more inches. Mary is a miracle worker and such a funny amazing person too! After four fittings and lots of work and attention to every detail Mary made the dress fit like a glove. When I picked up my wedding dress it was pressed and ready to go. It was perfect! The bustle on dress looked amazing on dance floor and was so easy for my bridesmaid to bustle. Mary Catomy is soooo affordable and performs miracles on dresses! Her work is top notch. I highly recommend her to everyone and cannot thank her enough! :0)

Mary is Amazing

Reviewed on 1/23/2014 Maura W

Mary Catomy did my bridal gown alterations. I wore a borrowed gown from a family member, and Mary was able to alter it to look like a completely different dress. She added sleeves and a neckline, and the dress was beautiful. She is very talented, and she is committed to doing... Read More exactly what you envision for your dress. She also has great suggestions, and has a large knowledge and history of working with wedding gowns. She is busy, so book her early if you know you want her to work on your gown!

Mary is AMAZING

Reviewed on 12/04/2013 Meredith

I bought a cheapy (but lovely) dress during an online sale. I brought it to Mary and she took the entire thing apart and made it GORGEOUS! She also made be a beautiful veil. Mary was so friendly and helpful every time I went for a fitting and she was SO affordable compared to... Read More other places in Chicago doing the same services.

Just another glowing review...

Reviewed on 9/06/2013 Caitlin P

I honestly can't say enough about Mary. I bought my dress as a sample and it was at least 1.5 sizes too big. Mary took it in a TON, added a bra, hemmed it and fixed some loose beading for less than 200 dollars. It fit me like a glove. Sure, you have to book her ahead of time,... Read More but it's because she does quality work for not outrageous prices. It's clear she genuinely loves her work and her brides. I was commuting all the way from Northwest Indiana and it was completely, 100% worth it! She also has some really nice jewelry in her basement workspace--I ended up buying my hairpiece there and I got so many compliments on it! If you have the time--GO TO MARY.

Professional and affordable

Reviewed on 12/15/2012 Fay C

When I tried on my grandmother's 60 year old wedding dress and it fit perfectly, I was still hesitant to wear it. I took it to Mary, and she turned it into the perfect dress for me. She took off the sleeves, beaded the delicate lace, fixed ripped tulle, and replaced the top... Read More layer of tulle. Every time I went back in to Mary I loved the dress more and more. She is a great and professional seamstress. At my last fitting I danced around with the dress bustled and anywhere I told her that I was stepping on the dress she adjusted the bustle. Everyone complimented me on the dress at the wedding, and my mom, grandmother, and I were so happy that I got to wear it.

Amazing

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Sivan K

Mary Catomy is a gift! I got married this past weekend and she transformed my dress and also did the alterations for my sister's bridesmaid dress, my mother's outfit and my grandmother's dress. We could not get enough of her! I bought a sample dress and loved it from the... Read More start but knew that there were things that needed to be changed about it. Mary took off the zipper and replaced it with satin buttons, made the straight across tube top into a sweetheart WITHOUT cutting into the dress and added cap sleeves to it by finding the EXACT same material of the dress so it would look like the sleeves were there in the first place. I had multiple fittings with Mary and every one of them made me feel more at ease than the last one. Nothing was "impossible" for her and she was calm and reassuring at every fitting while also being blunt and honest about what areas I still needed to work on to have the dress fit how I wanted it to. Also, Mary's prices can't be beat! If you try to get your wedding dress altered at a bridal store or seamstress in the city, they will charge you DOUBLE if not more than that. Mary also made my veil for $40 and it was gorgeous! I had shopped for veils prior to working with Mary and they all started at $200. I would recommend Mary to any bride or bridesmaid! I will definitely be bringing dresses to her in the future!!!

Unbelievable seamstress!

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 Arien O

Mary was amazing! I brought her a 70 year old wedding dress that had been worn by my grandmother and mother and then (eek!) dry cleaned. The first time I tried it on, I ripped both sleeves. Mary worked a miracle on that poor old dress. She repaired and reinforced all the seams... Read More and the buttons in the back, redid any missing beading in the front, but in a bustle and taught my maid of honor how to bustle the cathedral train, embroidered in the 3 wedding couples and dates, and probably a million other things I didn't notice but that nevertheless made the dress not only wearable but my absolute dream dress. Every time I visited for a fitting, she made me feel like a princess. And that was how I felt on my wedding day, and that 70 year old dress took me from trip down the aisle to last dance!

A hidden gem

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Beth J

Mary is the best around. She is so knowledgeable, down to earth, friendly, and super busy. I called and booked with Mary in November for my August wedding and even then I almost missed out. She is just one women working out of her basement office so don't set your expectations... Read More for a luxurious office. Her prices are outstanding!

Book her EARLY!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Lauren C

Mary is the best! She is a wedding dress altering machine - the woman knows her stuff and she is delightful to work with. I called in October to book for a June wedding and she was booked up so I got on her waiting list. Call her as soon as you get engaged and have a date... Read More regardless of if you have a dress yet. She has such reasonable prices and did an excellent job! The boob fairy for sure!

BEST BRIDAL ALTERATIONS!

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Melissa C

Mary is a no nonsense seamstress. She does BEAUTIFUL alterations at a very reasonable price. Book in advance- I called 10 months prior and barely got on her schedule. She is booked solid for a reason!