Joyful & Elegant, Personalized Ceremonies

Your wedding ceremony is a beautiful opportunity to celebrate your unique love story. I am an interfaith minister who is fun, creative, and personable and would love to talk with you about your upcoming wedding. Contact me for a complimentary consultation.

Religious Affiliations

Buddhist, Catholic, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

Storrs, CT CT, MA, & RI (860) 519-4127

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Laura G

When we started looking for an officiant for our June 17, 2017 wedding, we knew we truly wanted someone who would make our ceremony unique and feel like they've known us our whole lives. We got that, and MORE with Mary Coburn!!! From the second we initially met, we knew Mary was... Read More special and she was committed to making our vision come to life on our wedding day. I can't stress how perfect our ceremony was- and it was all due to her hard work. She met with us for hours, constantly kept in touch with us through email and phone calls, offered creative ideas/suggestions and answered all of our questions, multiple times!! Mary helped us through the entire process and provided several drafts of our ceremony to be sure it was EXACTLY the way we wanted. She even gave us breathing exercises, and tips for the weeks leading up to the wedding when our stress was at it's peak- she truly went above and beyond! We received so many compliments from our guests- "how long have you known her?" - she just had a way of making everyone feel so comfortable with her warm and touching ceremony- every word was perfect. Throughout the planning, Mary even suggested different traditions, readings, vows, songs, etc. The week before the ceremony she even took it upon herself to contact all our other ceremony vendors (musicians, wedding coordinator, photographers, etc.) and she confirmed all details and organized our whole ceremony. She ran our entire rehearsal and worked directly with the venue- she literally took all of our stress away. Mary has such a special place in our hearts- our ceremony would never have been so perfect without her special touch!!! I cannot recommend her enough!!!!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kristina H

I truly believe Mary is the best decision we made regarding our wedding day. She costs more than the average officiant but you also get much more. From the moment we first reached out to Mary, she was responsive, flexible, and ready to guide us through the process of getting... Read More married. She arranged to meet with us at a location that was convenient for us and it was like meeting up with an old friend - her genuine interest in your story puts you at ease. Once we signed a contract, Mary provided us with an amazing variety of resources for planning the ceremony, on everything from selecting a reading to writing vows. She personally researched the legalities of getting married in our venue's town and provided us with a detailed packet of instructions--Google Maps print-out included!--for obtaining our marriage license. These sort of thoughtful gestures were typical throughout our working relationship. Mary is a deeply considerate person and it translates into the ceremony she crafts for you and your loved ones to enjoy together. She has a warm yet commanding presence that deeply impressed our guests, and she provided true leadership throughout our wedding weekend. Mary is worth every penny -- before you splurge on your decorations or cake, consider the part of your wedding day that you'll truly want to remember for the rest of your lives.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Marissa W

My husband is Jewish and I am Catholic and we were unsure of how to even approach our ceremony. We met with Mary Coburn and she sat down with us to help us outline each and every part of our ceremony. She worked with us to ensure that everything was perfect and that we were both... Read More present in the moment. She knew the names of everyone at our rehearsal and it felt like she was part of the family. Mary is the kindest person and being around her makes you feel at ease. I felt calm at my wedding by knowing that she was leading the ceremony. We received so many compliments after the ceremony about how wonderful Mary was. They said things such as "she really knows how to command the audience", "she is such a warm, kind, thoughtful individual," "the way she speaks is incredible," "she really captured your story." We thought Mary was incredible too. We absolutely adored working with her and she is truly the best. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Lauren F

When sitting down to start planning our wedding in Fall 2016, my fiancée, Kristin, and I decided that having an absolute ROCK STAR officiant was one of our top priorities. We wanted someone who was going to eloquently tell our love story and help guide us through the emotionally... Read More laced wedding ceremony. Even before we met Mary, we were very impressed with her credentials and her responsiveness. But when we met Mary, we instantly knew that she would be the officiant our wedding ceremony!! Her energy and presence was exactly what we were looking for. Mary took the time to get to know us and make us comfortable telling her about ourselves and our story. She was kind and deliberate and was easy to talk with. After our initial meeting she still kept in contact to help guide us through the vow writing experience. After reviewing some of our answers she also delivered an amazing, thoughtful, and beautifully written ceremony draft. She took pieces from all of our conversations to really bring our story to life. The rehearsal and day of the wedding were smooth sailing thanks to Mary and her organization. We have received a countless number of compliments and praise about Mary and the amazing ceremony she created for us! I have never heard of guests and family absolutely loving the ceremony aspect of a wedding, but they loved ours and this is thanks to Mary! Thank you for being an amazing mentor, officiant, and for helping both Kristin and I have the most magical day of our lives. You have an amazing gift and we cannot thank you enough.

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Elissa W

Choosing Mary as our officiant was perhaps our best decision throughout our wedding planning process. Within 2 minutes of meeting Mary, we knew "she was the one." It was as if we'd known her for years. Mary was able to create an absolutely beautiful ceremony from only one... Read More meeting with us and a questionnaire. The result was a touching, personal, truly unique story that Mary was able to share with our guests. Many of our wedding guests approached us afterwards and said "Where on earth did you find your officiant? She was absolutely incredible" and "That was the most beautifully written ceremony I've ever heard." We would have happily given Mary 6 stars here had it been an option. We will most certainly contact her for baby blessings when the time comes!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Laura A

Mary is absolutely amazing. She was calming, thought of every detail and made our ceremony so meaningful and special. Numerous people approached my husband and I at our reception and told us it was the best ceremony they had ever been to! She tailored our ceremony to make it... Read More truly reflect our love story and we could not be happier!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Erica N

Mary is absolutely wonderful and I would suggest her to anyone and everyone looking for an officiant. My husband and I are mixed religion and she did a wonderful job incorporating both into the ceremony. She truly made the ceremony fun and enjoyable. Our family and friends got... Read More to know our story by what Mary put together for us. She is quick at responding to emails and easy to set up appointments with. We couldn't have ask any anyone better to be part of our special day!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Jaimie K

Mary was one of the BEST choices we made when planning our wedding. She was organized, responsible, dedicated, hardworking, and all around amazing. When she met with us the first time, she already put together a folder of our information with our names printed on it. We were... Read More impressed from the start and we both knew right away that we were going to choose her. When writing our ceremony, Mary sent examples of different types of wording, ex. traditional or contemporary. She also had us each separately write up a wedding worksheet and email it to her. She used our answers to tell our story to our friends and family. Our guests kept telling us how much they enjoyed listening to her and they knew us a little better after hearing it. Mary was able to answer any question we had no matter what it entailed. She put so much effort into planning for our wedding. I highly recommend Mary for anyone, she is a great person and will do a fantastic job.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Laura M

If you are lucky enough to have stumbled upon Mary Coburn's profile, you should not look any further! Mary is extremely detail oriented and it pays off! Her ceremony was just beautiful. She gave my husband and I the opportunity to answer questions which shaped her speech. We... Read More also had the power to see the speech beforehand, to make any edits (not that we needed to). If you want something special for your ceremony, Mary can help you come up with it. Every single guest told me how much fun and beautiful my ceremony was, and they're right! I wasn't that excited for my ceremony initially, but after our first meeting with Mary I realized it could be a very special moment- and was it ever. I can honestly say it was my favorite part of the whole day, and this is coming from someone who is nervous in front of a large crowd. Mary had a way of putting us at ease and helped us to soak in the moment. I feel very lucky to have had Mary marry us. It is without any hesitation that I recommend Mary Coburn.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Belinda S

Mary is the absolute best of the best. My husband and I had seen Mary conduct two weddings prior to booking her for our own. Mary leaves quite an impression and I knew immediately I would want her for my own wedding. Mary really gets to know you, your spouse and your love... Read More story. So many of our guests came up to us after the ceremony to say how personal and special it was and that Mary was the absolute best they had ever seen. Mary is easy to work with, flexible and truly wants to ensure your wedding ceremony is perfect. Mary met with me and my husband an extra time after an unexpected death in the family to ensure we were OK and provided tips to help us stay calm and composed during the big day. If you are looking for a meaningful ceremony that you will never forget - you NEED to hire Mary!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Elyssia C

Picking Mary as our officiant was both the easiest and the best decision we made for our wedding. When we first met Mary we knew right away that our search was over and that she had to be our officiant. Mary took the time to really get to know us and our story. She crafted a... Read More beautiful ceremony that was extremely personal and meaningful. She also made the process very easy and our rehearsal with her allowed us to be as relaxed as possible for the wedding itself. Our marriage ceremony itself was wonderful and every guest we spoke with wanted to know how we knew Mary and complimented the ceremony. Many mentioned that they had been to a lot of weddings but had never seen such a great ceremony with such a phenomenal officiant. If you want the best, you must get married by Mary!

Reviewed on 1/05/2017 B W

Mary Coburn was an integral part of our wedding process. We met Mary for our initial meeting and we instantly felt her genuine warmth in getting to know us and our story. Mary crafted a wedding ceremony that people cherished months later. Mary pays attention to all of the... Read More details that matter. We shared follow up phone calls and mentally prepared for all aspects of the wedding: from being grounded in the moment, to practicing and authoring vows, and managing the day from start to finish. Mary was just as much a part of our day as our family and friends. Beginning with the rehearsal dinner the night before, she masterfully brought our wedding party and families together to kick off our memorable weekend. She made such an impact on everyone, that even one of the restaurant staff asked for Mary's contact for her future wedding! Anyone who is fortunate to work with Mary gets so much more than an officiant: you get a precise and thoughtful author, a caring guide, a helpful advisor, and warm friend that we are lucky that was part of our marriage story.

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Jeffrey M

From the first time we spoke to Mary we could feel her warmth and kindness and we absolutely loved the ceremony that Mary wrote for us. Based off our few meetings and discussions she was able to tell our story in a way that felt like she was there with us the entire time. We... Read More knew that we made the right decision when after the ceremony our friends and family came up to us and asked how long we had known Mary. She just has a presence about her of an old friend you can always count on.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Julie S

Mary did an absolutely wonderful job for our wedding! Many of our guests commented to us how impressed they were with the ceremony. Mary is extremely professional and user friendly. She customizes her ceremonies based on what is important to you (we have two different... Read More religious backgrounds and was very thoughtful about how to incorporate both), an in-person meeting and an open form question sheet that each the bride and groom need to fill out. Mary then shares her initial draft of the ceremony with you to make sure it is what everyone envisioned. She is very open to input and will make changes to the ceremony to better reflect what is important to you. I believe Mary is pricier than other officiants, but it is definitely worth it given how wonderful of a job she does and how seriously she takes her responsibility in conducting your wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Rita D

Mary was absolutely amazing! If I could give more than 5 stars, I gladly would. I think every single one of our guests commented on how great our ceremony was, how meaningful & personal it was, and how fantastic Mary was as the officiant. She is pricier than the standard JP, but... Read More she is worth every single penny!!! What you get from her is head and shoulders above what a run of the mill JP will provide. We highly recommend her. She absolutely made our wedding day!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jamie L

Mary is very special. Our ceremony was the most important aspect of our wedding to us, so who performed it and how meant a lot. Mary was recommend to us by our DJ and it was synchronicity. From the moment my husband spoke to her on the phone he was immediately excited and... Read More relaxed about our ceremony. She took the time to meet with us in person - our meeting went long over what she probably planned. She understand our vision, the feeling we hoped our ceremony would convey, and really got to know us as individuals and a couple. She was the most important guide for us throughout the planning process. When we were not sure of what readings to include, Mary sent us very specific readings that fit our ceremony and story perfectly. Mary is insightful, intuitive, and truly gifted in what she does. When we received the first draft of our wedding ceremony it only further confirmed that Mary was the officiant for us. The way she interwove our story past and present, included family and friends, and even our dog was perfect, emotional, loving, and funny. Our ceremony, thanks to Mary set the tone for the rest of our wedding and it was exactly what we hoped - and more. To this day, when people talk about our wedding they talk about how wonderful our ceremony and officiant was. We are truly blessed to have had Mary marry us. If you get the chance to have Mary as your officiant consider yourself lucky. We lover her!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Debbie H

In our fifty-five plus trips around the sun, we have participated in and attended many weddings. However, we never really thought that we would be the main event. Being gay in Texas, we didn’t think a wedding was a personal experience we would ever have ourselves. And we were... Read More okay with that. In our hearts, we had made commitments to each other. We had built a life together spanning twenty-eight years. We could have gotten married abroad or in another state but we are both native Texans and stubborn. We would get married when we were legally allowed to do so in our home...in Texas. Much to our surprise on June 26, 2015, the Supreme Court made that possible by removing the last of our excuses. There was no hesitation, deliberation, or delays in deciding who would do the deed. Mary and I were college roommates and we have known each other for almost forty years. Mary Coburn was the only person we even considered. And when Mary wasn’t available on our chosen date, we moved the date. We wanted our wedding to be a celebration. We wanted those closest to us to be there to bear witness to participate and to enjoy the evening. We could not have done this without Mary. But having been together so long already we were reluctant and even adverse to “typical” wedding stuff. Mary gently led us through her process of gathering information that she then used to create a personal, intimate, meaningful, and memorable ceremony. We could not believe how perfectly she capture the moment, our intent, our love. Our friends and family were enthralled and are still talking about it. Many of them have declared it “the best wedding ever.” We couldn’t agree more.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kayleigh M

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding day was to work with Mary Coburn. She truly takes the time to get to know each of you individually and your story and then works those details into your ceremony. We received so many compliments on the overall flow of the... Read More ceremony and how special it was for our guests to learn about us. Mary was very responsive and made working with her super easy. She made herself available for questions, offered up her advice and made the overall process of planning our wedding enjoyable and relaxing. She also took the time to put together a nice package of our ceremony in a keepsake book and presented it to us after the wedding. Overall a FANTASTIC experience. We highly recommend Mary Coburn!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Zach L

Mary was the celebrant at our wedding in May 2016 and was without a doubt the single best vendor decision we made. The number of complements that we received from our guests on our ceremony was ASTOUNDING and nearly every person who came up to us remarked that our ceremony was... Read More the nicest, most loving, and most thoughtful wedding that they had ever been to. Personally, we loved every minute of it and couldn't have imagined a better ceremony than we had with Mary. At every stage, Mary exceeded even our highest and most lofty expectations. She was prepared, friendly, and made a significant effort to get to know us in a real way so that she could write a meaningful, personal ceremony- and she did just that. Furthermore, Mary was a pleasure to work with and really seemed to care about us, our family, friends, and guests, and our ceremony. My wife and I are from different religious backgrounds but Mary did the most wonderful job interweaving our traditions and making everyone feel welcome and involved in our ceremony. She truly made it about us, and told our story to our guests in the nicest and most loving way. We recommend her in every way possible.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Katherine K

Choosing Mary to be our officiant was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. One of the compliments we receive most often is how great the ceremony was, thanks to Mary. She captivated all of our guests and kept us all in the moment. She delivered a heartfelt,... Read More humorous and genuine story that felt like us. Even long before the ceremony, when we first met Mary, she seemed like someone we knew for years. She was incredibly helpful through the whole process. Her experience is evident in her professionalism and valued guidance. You would never regret choosing Mary as your officiant, only regret missing the chance to have her alleviate your planning worries and enhance your special day.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kristen G

Mary is just the most amazing officiant. She sat down with Dan and I and got to know us, and our story. She told it so beautifully at our ceremony. Everyone said that that was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever been too because of her. She also was the officiant at a... Read More wedding me and my husband were the photographers at. She is a pleasure to work with as the couple, and as another vendor!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Leah P

Mary was absolutely awesome! She was thorough, thoughtful and genuinely excited to be a part of our big day. She made us feel comfortable and confident about every aspect of our ceremony. What we loved most was that she made the ceremony personal, funny and unique. I would... Read More highly recommend Mary as an officiant for your special event!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Melinda C

Mary was an incredible person to work with for our wedding day. Planning a wedding is hectic, but we got our ceremony written well in advance, and were able to review the drafts, make changes, etc., and that eased some of the stress! She made the whole process very smooth and... Read More was there for us every step of the way. Everyone commented on how our ceremony was SO personal and was the best ceremony they've ever witnessed! There was not a dry eye in the crowd as the ceremony was very personalized and filled with emotion. I recommend Mary very highly for her personal touches and great deliverance of the ceremony. So many guests were complimenting on how amazing our ceremony was. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Kelly C

Mary was the most amazing officiant my wife and I could have ever dreamed of having for our special day. She makes the ceremony so personal and takes the time to get to know you and your story so that she can make the ceremony truly unique. I have been to numerous weddings and... Read More ours was the only one that didn't have the feel that the ceremony came from a template that the officiant just plugged the bride and grooms names in. I would definitely recommend getting a videographer like we did so that you will be able to relive your magical day over and over!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Jessica C

We had the most wonderful ceremony because of Mary Coburn!! She is so amazing, talented, and eloquent!! We had so many compliments on our ceremony, it was crazy!! She took people on our journey during her speech and had all of our guests laughing, smiling, and tearing up, it was... Read More moving. Not only did she give us the best ceremony we could ask for, she was there for us throughout the whole process and provided us with tips and was even there for us emotionally which was a HUGE help. I can't say enough how lucky we were to have her as our officiant and how over and beyond she went for our wedding. A truly spectacular experience that I owe all to her!!

Mary Coburn

When creating your wedding ceremony, I consider how things look, sound, and feel. I love what I do and bring my best energy and creative talents to this work. My ceremonies are of the highest quality, delivered with warmth and grace. You will find me easy and fun to work with as well as professional, organized, and focused on your needs. I am happy to travel for weddings, to all areas of Connecticut, as well as western Rhode Island and southern Massachusetts. Contact me and let’s talk about your upcoming wedding!