Mary Johnson, Humanist Celebrant

New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, & beyond--just ask!

Personalized Wedding Ceremonies Just for You

Each marriage is a unique commitment between two unique people, so your wedding should reflect your personal values and style. I design one-of-a-kind, nonreligious ceremonies, using my skills as an attentive listener, professional writer, and experienced event planner. I love every sort of wedding: traditional, informal, same-sex weddings, weddings involving children, destination weddings, even elopements. My goal is to delight you by listening so carefully that your wedding carries exactly the tone and message you want. I’ve orchestrated events including weddings, vows ceremonies, memorial services, and other special events for decades and will craft your ceremony so that it continues to inspire you and your family for years. Voted New Hampshire's Top Wedding Celebrant in 2015.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith, Secular

Newlywed Life, After The Wedding, Premarital Counseling, Ceremony, Wedding

Planning

PO Box 974, Nashua, NH New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, & beyond--just ask! (603) 318-1062

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

Mary was excellent! She made a tremendous effort to get to know me and my bride-to-be and supplied questionnaires to supplement the meetings we had with her so that she could make the ceremony as personal for us as possible. She had us choose from a wide variety of different... Read More readings, vows, wedding blessings, etc. to get a feel for the kind of ceremony that would be perfect for us. The end result was a beautiful ceremony performed with grace and just the right touch of humor and perfectly tuned to us. We couldn't have found anyone more perfect as our celebrant and we highly recommend Mary.

Amazing humanist celebrant!

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

Mary was a pleasure to work with. We met with her at her home a couple of times to get to know us, and plan elements of the ceremony. She wanted to get to know us, to better aim the ceremony at our needs, wants, tastes and beliefs. She offered suggestions for readings,... Read More vows and other elements of the ceremony, and worked our requests into the ceremony. When the ceremony drew near, she was easy to reach by email and phone. She did a fantastic job to marshal the wedding rehearsal, and even made extra copies of readings on thick wind-proof paper for the ceremony in case our readers forgot. The final ceremony that she assembled was exactly what we wanted. The right tone, the right content, the right mood. I enthusiastically recommend Mary without reservation.

2015-11-11T17:03:37 Response from the vendor

Kevin, working with you and Meaghan to plan your wedding was a delight. I also enjoyed meeting your families--and the venue at the Cambridge Multicultural Arts Center was a perfect spot.

Perfect officiant for the perfect wedding

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

Mary was the best officiant we could ask for. She clearly explained all the facets we didn't understand and made sure we would get a wedding that we loved and suited us perfectly! We will never forget our wedding or her commitment to us, to deliver the most memorable experience... Read More we could have asked for. Mary was caring, understanding, flexible and attentive. I can never thank her enough!

2015-11-11T16:58:24 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Michael. I truly enjoyed working with you and Erin on your wedding. You're such a great couple!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Megan T

Mary was excellent to work with! It was a little difficult trying to meet with her a couple times due to my husbands traveling schedule but we made it work through phone calls, skype, and texting. Mary put together a tremendous ceremony and we are truly thankful.

2017-05-21T20:30:51 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much. I truly enjoyed working with you both, and was happy that we could make things work, even with the scheduling challenges. You are a terrific couple and I wish you a future of real happiness.

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Samantha J

When getting ready for my wedding, I researched everything. One of the things that stood out to me was an article that said something unexpected will occur on your wedding day. That unexpected thing happened because of Mary and it absolutely made my wedding. Mary invited my... Read More (now) husband and I into her home many times so that she knew who we were and what we wanted for our wedding. She understood this only happens once and wanted to get it right. We mentioned having a ukulele player, but couldn't afford it. The day of our wedding, we were beyond thrilled when she surprised us during our ceremony by bringing her ukulele and playing a song that meant a lot to us. To say the least, there were no dry eyes. This is the type of celebrant that Mary is. Mary took the time to get to know us and understand our love. She went above and beyond and made for us wonderful memories that we will never forget. If you want to have a wedding ceremony that is personal and heartfelt, you can't go wrong with Mary.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Isabelle P

Mary was fantastic. Such a beautiful ceremony and she was able to meld together our different perspectives in a way that reflected us both. Highly recommend!

2016-08-11T18:34:51 Response from the vendor

Isabelle, it was a delight to work with you and Julian! And I'll never forget all the trouble you took to create a beautiful atmosphere--those pink streamers blowing in the wind, the marvelous hospitality and the creative signs! All the best to you going forward.

Reviewed on 3/31/2016

"Mary was absolutely wonderful, caring and compassionate when it came to our wedding. She met with us on four occasions prior to our wedding and made herself available whenever we needed assistance in planning our ceremony. Mary offered her opinion, but only when asked, and... Read More respected our wishes, through and through. She followed through with every detail and left us, our family and friends, with a spiritual ceremony to be remembered forever. "

Wonderful Officiant

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Meaghan K

Mary made our wedding so special. The ceremony was exactly what we wanted—serious, sweet, romantic, and personal. She also made the rehearsal and wedding day run smoothly and completely removed the burden of stress. It was a pleasure to get to know her and we hope to stay in... Read More touch.

2015-11-11T17:05:30 Response from the vendor

Meaghan, your wedding was a wonderful celebration of your love and commitment. I was so pleased to work with you to help create a day that would live fondly in your memory.

Mary Johnson

I'm a professional writer with an award winning memoir, An Unquenchable Thirst, about my 20 years as a nun with Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Both my writing and my background as a former nun provide me with special skills to plan ceremonies that unite not only bride and groom, but family and friends as well. My ceremonies contain no religious elements, concentrating on the couple and their commitment. I am a certified Humanist Celebrant and was voted New Hampshire's Top Wedding Officiant in 2015. I also celebrate funerals, memorial services, baby namings, divorces, & other important life events.