Classical, Pop, Rock

Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Los Angeles and the Bay Area (415) 948-0844

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Sarah B

Masek Music was fantastic. My now husband and I had a number of special requests and Masek Music was incredibly accommodating. They were professional, on-time, well dressed, and very talented. It was a pleasure from the initial contact. Highly recommended.

Lovely String Quartet

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Piat O

Petr Masek and his quartet were wonderful! My groom and I were particular about having music that was not traditional, while my parents wanted something classic. Masek Music was able to navigate both and re-arranged Bring Him Home, Falling Slowly, and Resistance by Muse for... Read More our ceremony. It was edgy, but lovely, haunting, and modern all at the same time! Our guests thoroughly enjoyed that it was different, but still traditional.

Yosemite Quartet - Masek Music

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Shana B

We loved having the Yosemite Quartet at our wedding! They played for our ceremony and cocktail reception but we would hire them for any occasion!

Magical Masek Music

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Shannon P

Masek Music was a pleasure to work with, and they played such beautiful music. Petr worked with us to understand our music taste and recommend the perfect pieces. They had the perfect mix of classical and contemporary too. We really enjoyed working with Masek Music and highly... Read More recommend them.

A really good choice for wedding musicians.

Reviewed on 5/07/2014 Drew F

I ended up with most of the job of planning our wedding while my wife was finishing grad school on the east coast. I'd heard Petr and his Yosemite Quartet playing in the Bart station in SF and was really impressed with how they sounded and looked. The group was energetic and was... Read More having a good time--not a bunch of grumpy old fogies. They brought that same fun to our wedding day and still helped to class it up. Petr talked me through what parts of the wedding we'd want music for, very helpful since I wasn't using a wedding planner. And I had a pretty obscure music request for a piece I'd heard of but which they hadn't played before. Petr helped me find it (Brahms Sextet) and he arranged it for the four players. It cost a little extra for the arrangement but it sounded really great and was exactly what I imagined. The only surprise to me was that they needed a big umbrella for shade since it was an outside wedding. It turned out the musicians weren't worried about themselves, they had to protect their antique instruments. I don't usually give 5-star reviews, but I think these guys totally deserve it. And my relatives from out of town who are classical music people all agreed that Petr and his quartet sounded great too. Hire them! You won't be disappointed.

Amazing performance

Reviewed on 4/21/2014

I discovered the Yosemite String Quartet on the bart station in San Francisco. After listening to the music for several seconds I have decided to ask them to perform for our upcoming wedding. We and our guests are totally thrilled to have such an amazing string quartet playing... Read More on the wedding. Their performance were extraordinary, elegant and splendid. It became one of the greatest moments in our memory. If you want to bring your wedding to a new level of charm, I highly recommend it.

Wonderful performance!

Reviewed on 4/21/2014

Petr Masek's string quartet played during our wedding, at a cocktail reception afterwards and during dinner. Their playing was superb, and the mix of classical and pop tunes was perfect for the occasion. We also used a DJ who was part of Petr's group and he did a great job as... Read More well. Petr himself is very professional and a pleasure to deal with. His website gives all the information needed, as well as samples of their playing. I highly recommend Masek Music!