Masterpiece Caterers at India House

New York, NY

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The India House is a beautifully restored 19th-century club located in the center of New York City’s financial district. Established in 1914, this historic landmark building occupying Hanover Square houses 11 historic ornate rooms on multiple levels that can accommodate gatherings from 10 to 200.

Guests will appreciate the private collection of treasured Asian art housed in the India House. Although considered an exclusive club, the India House is now open to non-members for private events and weddings. Two basic venues are available at the India House:

Outdoor Ceremony Location. The couple may choose an outdoor ceremony at the India House. This area provides an uncovered site for the wedding ceremony itself and can be followed by an indoor reception.

Indoor Ceremony and Reception Areas. The bride and groom may elect one or more of 11 separate, recently restored event rooms in the India House for their ceremony and/or reception.

The Marine Ballroom. This space is the largest of these areas and has the capacity of up to 200 guests. Just outside the Marine Ballroom is the graceful grand stairway perfect for wedding photos. The stairway could also provide a striking entrance for the bride and groom.

The Hanover Room. This area is a slightly smaller space, also perfect for a ceremony or reception. With its beautiful crimson walls, crisp white woodwork and stunning oriental artwork, this area would be the perfect backdrop for an unforgettable event.

The Batavia Room. This room is a lovely choice for a cocktail hour or a more intimate ceremony/reception. Cream-colored walls with white moldings are interspersed with antique nautical art. As with all of the rooms in the India House, large neoclassical style windows bring in an abundance of natural light.

The Blue Bar. This bar, as the name implies, is surrounded with rich blue walls. Treasured art and antiques furnish the bar. The Blue Bar is attended by experienced staff and would be a perfect pre- or post-event location for a modest group. The Blue Bar has recently provided the photo scenery for several upscale wedding magazines.

All of the spaces in the India House are beautiful and unique. Working closely with the wedding planners at the India House will ensure the couple will select venues that are ideal for their event.

Wedding packages at the India House are available in five-hour blocks of time or six hours, if the ceremony is to be held on-site. Additional hours may be added for a separate fee.

Masterpiece Caterers provide all catering for the events, including alcohol. The standard option may include butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, a champagne toast, choice of in-house linens, silverware, glassware and china. Tables and chairs are also included. A bridal suite is available up to four hours prior to the wedding. Upgrades of these items are available for an additional fee. Kosher meals are a choice on the menu and special dietary needs may be accommodated if arranged in advance.

Although rooms at the India House are on multiple levels, they are handicapped and wheelchair accessible. A complete service staff attends guests at the event. Ample room exists for a band and dance floor in the ballroom and a sound system is included in the building. An experienced on-site wedding consultant is available to handle all details of any celebration held at the India House.

Wedding costs at the India House vary by the selected day and month of the event. Discounted pricing may be possible for days and months that are in less demand. Flexible start-up and set-up times are available and may include early morning hours. All events must conclude by 2 a.m.

Due to its exceptional location in the heart of New York's financial district, the following are just a few of the many activities that are readily available near the India House:

• Upscale hotel accommodations
  • Iconic landmarks
  • Sightseeing tours
  • Renowned theaters
  • Famous restaurants
  • Lavish and unique shopping

Beautiful Landmarked-Historic Manson

Located in the heart of the financial district, this recently restored 19th century club’s doors are now open to non-members for private events. The 11 ornate event rooms inside the multi-level club are perfect for intimate parties of 2 to grander celebrations of 250.

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1 Hanover Square, New York, NY (212) 269-2323
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Nadezhda A

There are so many great reviews already for India House, but I'll add another. Book it now! I organized a fundraising event here a few years ago, so when we got engaged I knew the place - convenient location, beautiful surroundings, warm service, great food - all at a... Read More surprisingly reasonable price for a Manhattan venue. We got married here on a Friday evening last month - perfect location since most of our guests work in Manhattan (out-of-towners stayed at the charming Wall Street Inn just across the street, as did we.) Our ceremony was in the Hanover Room on the first floor, and the reception with food stations and various seating (tall boy and seated tables) was on the second floor. The historic interior is so lovely, we barely had to think about decor. We got the one sunny day that week and were able to take fabulous photos on Stone Street, Old Slip, and Hanover Square. Staff was warm and welcoming, and took the time to help us find the right oysters and great wine for the reception. They were also very accommodating to my husband's and guests' gluten allergy. It was all so convenient - we could drop things off early and could leave gifts, etc. overnight. India House and its staff made for an amazingly easy, reasonably price, absolutely beautiful wedding.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Pamela W

My husband and I still have family members calling to rave about The India House, both as a venue and caterer! Thank you to Arlinda and the whole team for making our day so special.

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Timothy H

My wife and I cannot recommend India House enough! We got married at India House on December 4th. The staff was attentive, helpful, and very well organized. The venue is awesome. The food was delicious! They made us feel at ease which allowed us to focus on each other and... Read More our guests. Everyone had a great time and I've even had some people tell me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to! It was worth every penny. Thank you Arlinda, Masterpiece Caterers, and India House!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Sami H

We got married April 1 at the India House and I am really going to gush right now about how wonderful the entire experience was. First of all, what a beautiful unique venue! Theres a great history behind the building, and it's in such a cool neighborhood right off Stone Street... Read More and a few blocks down from Wall St. People loved the location, and the pictures in the neighborhood and in the venue look outstanding. Exactly what we wanted from our NYC wedding. The Andaz hotel down the street was excellent in terms of location, price, and the rooms themselves. Also, there are some great bar spots to keep the party going afterwards right on the same street. The service was INCREDIBLE. The entire staff treated us like royalty but I have to particularly call out Kevin Mattner and Jonathan Nieves for going above and beyond from our first tour of the building, through the tasting, the planning stages, the rehearsal, and the wedding itself. They bent over backwards whether it was specially catering the menu to our needs, making sure the bar was stocked with what we wanted, making sure our families were taken care of, or anything else we could have needed. The food was outstanding! No tasting menu bait and switch, no microwaved hors d'ouvres, no bland potatoes and vegetables. We ended up going with the rack of lamb and seared arctic char for our dinner entrees and I can't suggest both enough. The entire menu was outstanding, and Kevin's willingness to work with you on what you want for your cocktail hour or dinner menu really demonstrates his and his staff's desire to deliver the perfect wedding. I also want to take a second to point out how much I appreciated their all-in-one pricing structure. So many NYC venues sneak in administrative fees, venue fees, make you bring certain items in from outside, and can really blow your budget out of the water. India House gave us a figure per head and a minimum head count. There was never any weird wedding math, or crazy calculations or secret fees. We were always able to stay on top of costs because of this, and that goes a long way. Again, can't stress how wonderful they made our entire experience. The place is beautiful, and they're always working to make it better. They made everything as easy as could be and I hope I get to use them again for future life events.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Mia B

I got married this weekend at India House-- what an amazing experience! Throughout the entire planning process and til the end of our after party at 2am, India House staff provided exceptional service. Food quality is really important to both my family and my husband's... Read More family-- and you will eat nothing but the best at India House! We got rave reviews from our family and friends about the food selections all night, and even in emails after the wedding was over! The location is gorgeous-- we used the entire venue and had a progressive event with the ceremony on the first floor, cocktail hour on the second floor, reception on the third floor and after party back on the first floor. People loved moving through the old mansion and seeing the beautiful artwork on the walls throughout the night. The entire staff at India House is so warm, inviting and attentive, and we could not have pulled off such a seamless and amazing wedding without the support of Arlinda, our Catering Manager and Jonathan, our Operations Manager. They went above and beyond to make sure all of our requests were incorporated into the event and that all of our guests-- from our parents to our friends to our little flower girls, had a blast! A wedding at India House is an experience of a lifetime - I highly recommend the venue - you are in great hands!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Julian C

My wife and I recently celebrated our new marriage at the India House and the experience was amazing: impeccable management, wonderful character, amazing food and drink all made for a very memorable evening. The guests loved the India House and its unique character as a... Read More historical building in lower Manhattan. The usage of both floors in the space, with the upper consisting of three rooms, offered much to experience for our guests and ourselves. We had a live band that performed very comfortably upstairs while permitting those not wanting to be in the immediate presence of the music to chat in another room. The staff at India House is top class and really made the whole experience a breeze for us as rather stressed newlyweds! Cannot recommend this unique, welcoming venue enough!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Kathi P

My daughter and son-in-law got married at City Hall in January, and in April we had a celebration at India House. Our planning was rushed, and we were so lucky to discover this elegant, historic and unique venue. The surroundings were lovely -- our guests commented that they... Read More felt like they were in a gracious home, not a catering hall. We didn't have a formal sit-down dinner, but food stations throughout the second floor rooms with different sized tables - large, cocktail and high tops. This encouraged mingling. Kevin, the Event Manager, could not have been more helpful throughout the planning. He was happy to accommodate our requests, enthusiastic about our unusual-style event, re-jiggered the floor plan multiple times as we moved the location of the band and the tables. He had great suggestions, always responded quickly, and bent over backward to make us happy. And he gave us a wonderful price, even including an extra-special food station of our choice. I never imagined that we could have afforded such a sophisticated venue in Manhattan, but the price was right. It was the menu that really sold us, though, definitely not typical wedding food. We had fun and interesting choices -- an Asian station, Mediterranean station and comfort food -- a perfect blend that reflected the diversity of NYC cuisine. Our guests loved sampling different dishes, all delicious. At Kevin's suggestion, we had a late-night station -- NYC street food including hot dogs, pizza, pretzels, and more. This was a giant hit with our guests. And the wedding cake from Financier was scrumptious. I'm still getting phone calls and emails from friends and family telling me what a good time they had and how impressed they were with the food and the surroundings. "Best wedding I've ever been to" is a typical comment. I only wish I had another daughter, so I could do it all over again at India House!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Katie M

We could not have asked for a better experience with a wedding venue than we got at India House. We worked with Kevin throughout the process. From the first inquiry, communication was professional, polite, and prompt. We were kept informed of details along the way and reminded... Read More of deadlines as they were approaching. We always felt taken care of and reassured. We arranged to drop off our decorations and have the wedding rehearsal in the space the night before and everything went smoothly. Jonathan was our day-of coordinator, and he was friendly, energetic, and calm. The space is incredibly beautiful and the level of service and hospitality is unparalleled. I would be very skeptical of finding another venue whose staff went to such far lengths to make us feel happy, comfortable, and relaxed all day and all evening. We got a lot of compliments on the delicious food as well, and the cake provided by their neighbor, Financier. I would highly recommend India House as a wedding venue, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Mariam M

My wife found India House after a search through the jungle that is the wedding scene on the internet. I was skeptical beforehand as I thought the cost would be way out of our budget, or the service would be scaled back to meet cost constraints. Nevertheless we inquired about... Read More seeing the venue on our way back from the Poconos after looking at rustic wedding venues to of save a buck. We left a voicemail early Sunday afternoon, and got a callback 5 minutes later from Kevin Mattner (aka "The Sweetest Man on Earth"). We asked The Sweetest Man on Earth (TMSE) if we could stop by shortly from when he called, he answered with his rally cry, "Sure." When we arrived, I was taken back with the old New York high society vibe throughout its decor, and my heart was attached to the merchant ship paintings, and the hardwood floors made each step you take feel as if someone important was coming through. After seeing the three floors, each unique with its own aesthetic design, TMSE described how they utilize each area - 1st floor for ceremony, 2nd floor for cocktail hour, 3rd floor for dining and dancing... I loved the idea so much that I began preparing myself for the let down of affordability. After the tour, TSME discussed formalities. Here's where I was ready for the punch in the gut... but it never came. After he laid out initial options and pricing, we saw a glimmer of hope. TMSE told us he would come back with a proposal over email.... from there we achieved an agreement on a package that worked within our budget and delivered key items we wanted in our reception (btw, agreement ended with Kevin responding to our last request with "Sure"). From then on, TMSE was very accommodating with a moving guest list, tasting/menu options, receiving wedding day materials (pictures, flowers, etc...), and adding a cake after our local bakery wouldn't deliver into Manhattan. We held rehearsal the night before, and that's when we got the pleasure of meeting Jonathan - the Operations Manager. He introduced himself as someone who loves what he does (the truest thing anyone ever said). Jonathan coordinated the procession & recession that evening, and ensured we were in good hands. I asked TMSE if he is passing us off, and he responded with his 1st "No"... he insisted that he would be leading from a far and overseeing a variety of functions. Were left in great hands, as Jonathan executed our plans with a passion as if it was his own wedding. TMSE arranged the first look to be at a nearby atrium/plaza called Elevated Acre. When I learned the escalator was broken and knowing our parents would have trouble using the stairs, TMSE quickly arranged for access to the connected office building's elevator. The ceremony went off without a hitch. The reception was everything we wanted and more. Plenty of food and easy access to drinks. We had a cocktail reception format... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS. It works great since it really fits with utilizing the multiple rooms of the 2nd floor. We had dessert and dancing on the 3rd floor for the last two hours... It felt like the best club in NYC for those 2 hours. To cap it off, TMSE let us stay a little over the finish time which really made the guests happy. If you are considering India House and if you are like us which was a couple looking for a fun and relaxed wedding to be enjoyed by all, then book a cocktail reception wedding at India House and tell TMSE that Andrew & Mariam send our regards.

Reviewed on 2/26/2017 Erica H

We were married a year ago so I am delayed in this just like many of the others, but it also says something that I am still thinking of how amazing the event was. The food was perfect, timing and temperature and of course taste was spot on! Kevin and the team made everything... Read More seamless . They were so cooperative with special requests with the set up, letting us stop by multiple times and have additional tasting when we had difficulty making up our minds. You can not beat the affordability of the event, especially considering the gorgeous and historic venue, delicious food and impressive service.

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Lauren B

I got married last month and have put off writing this review because I wanted it to be helpful to other people planning their weddings, but all I've wanted to write is "Book them!!" Masterpiece Caterers, India House, and Kevin and his team MADE our wedding reception. Weeks... Read More later, I still have family emailing and even sending cards to thank us for the wedding! Everyone felt welcomed and taken care of all evening. They've raved about the food, the ambiance, and the service. They all left feeling like they'd been treated to a truly special evening. We booked VERY far in advance - we first contacted India House almost two years before the wedding (I'm not implying that this is required, I'm just saying we had a LOT of time to get to know these people). We were offered a tour (which turned into several tours) and were even treated to food and drinks at the Blue Bar before we booked so we could be comfortable with the quality we were getting. Every time we went back to take care of some detail, we were offered drinks and asked to stay a while, even when we ran in to throw some boxes of decorations at them the Thursday before the wedding (and they seemed disappointed when we didn't have time to stay!). The customer service experience here is so much more than just the wedding day. We originally worked with someone else at India House who left about six months before the wedding. We panicked, but Kevin called us on a Saturday to go over every detail we'd previously discussed and make sure he knew exactly what we were expecting. From then on, I knew we were in good hands and I think the switch certainly worked out in our favor. Kevin knows his business like no one else. He's seen it all and will offer his observations and expertise without making you feel like you're being judged for your preferences. We were never told no. We felt like Kevin and everyone at Masterpiece Caterers approached every conversation with the goal of making our vision happen, instead of supervising our choices to make sure they fit in with THEIR preferences. We had a few vendors who tried to bend us to their will and it was always such a relief to speak to Kevin. Any time we spoke and I would make a throwaway comment about "oh it would be nice if we could..." or "xyz would make this a lot easier", suddenly that's what was going to happen. It felt like playing make believe and nothing was off limits. I think Kevin would have tried to find a unicorn if that's what we decided we really needed that day. And it was never in a begrudging "Fine, if you're going to be difficult about it, I guess we have to" kind of way. It was always "Oh fun! Let's try it!" I enjoyed the wedding planning process because Masterpiece Caterers allowed us to have fun with it. I knew every single detail would be perfect on the day of, and it was. We can't thank Kevin and his team enough.

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Michelle O

I was a wedding planner turned bride in 2016 and knew the only place where I would be in fully trusted hands was at India House with Masterpiece Caterers. I've worked with them before as a planner bringing other clients of mine to them and have always had a really wonderful... Read More experience. I have a great relationship with both Kevin and Gieto and knew that they would take very good care of my fiance and I for our wedding day. Well everything WAS beyond perfection from the ceremony to the cocktail style reception. Being a control freak I wanted to see the reception room before the guests did so we arrived a bit early, right after our first look, and with just one glance at the room I was brought to tears. Everything I had planned looked beyond what I'd imagined and Kevin had been there for me every single step of the way taking care of it all! One of the things we were complimented on the most was the food - our family and friends STILL talk about it! I have to say that Kevin is truly the best there is, he is a true professional who is passionate about what he does and will deliver nothing but the best and more! The whole team really outdid themselves and we couldn't have been any happier with things! Thank you Masterpiece Catering for the most perfect wedding day!!!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Michelle O

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 sabeen a

The India House was fantastic! My review is a little late in coming as we got married April 2016, but because it was such a special experience, better late than never. Special thanks to Jessica Oliva and Gieto who were both unbelievable in the level of service they provided... Read More along with attention to detail. Additionally, it's a gorgeous space and the food is great! My guests were all raving about it. All in all, great experience and we had a wonderful, seamless, and stress-free (well, as stress-free as a wedding can be!) event at the India House.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Karen C

India House is an amazing venue. Our wedding was a few weeks ago and it was amazing . Arlinda and her staff made sure every detail was perfect. My guests raved about the place. They loved the food , thought it was a beautiful place and that service was excellent. Everyone was... Read More very helpful and they set up all the personal decorations I provided for the chairs and tables. Arlinda and her staff made certain everything ran smoothly and they work hard to make sure every detail is perfect. The wedding was a dream come true and we could not have picked a better venue. Thank you for making our wedding a beautiful memory we will treasure always.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jen B

Wow - Where do I begin? I am so happy that we chose India House for our wedding reception. From the moment we walked through the doors, we knew this was the unique space we wanted to celebrate in with family and friends! Aside from the beauty, location, and historical... Read More significance of India House, one of it's biggest selling points was Kevin Mattner. Kevin was reliable, understanding, and professional. I did not have any concerns going into the big day and that is all because of Kevin. India House is lucky to have him. Additionally, Alanna, our day of coordinator, was a HUGE help. Whenever I needed anything, she was there. I cannot say enough about India House and it's staff. I am eternally grateful for the day that they provided us. And we look forward to many more celebrations there in the future!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Margarita N

India House is a beautiful, historic, and overall different-looking venue than anywhere we had been to a wedding before. But, of course, anyone can find a beautiful, historic, different-looking venue -- it wouldn't matter if the people working there weren't at the top of their... Read More game. It makes us so happy to say that Masterpiece Caterers at India House are at the top of their game, and then some. We booked the venue a year prior to our wedding, and Kevin -- who runs MC -- worked with us every step of the way from putting the menu together to answering our questions about table arrangements and even the artwork present in the space. There was no matter too small or seemingly insignificant for Kevin -- he responded to us consistently, promptly, and always to our satisfaction. We never, ever felt nickel and dimed (which, again and again, was a warning we received from all of our married friends -- "the caterer will nickel and dime you") -- Kevin was always upfront about all costs and more often than not made changes and additions at no extra charge. On the day of, everything was exactly as promised, and anything we asked to change at the last minute was immediately taken care of. We never thought a wedding could be stress free, but Kevin and the amazing crew at Masterpiece Caterers do such a good job taking care of you that, truly, you get to just enjoy it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Masterpiece Caterers for any event in the future, and if you choose them for your wedding you will not leave disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michelle G

We cannot thank Kevin and the wonderful staff at India House enough for helping us create the perfect wedding! My husband and I got married a month ago and we could not be happier with the way things turned out. Kevin went above and beyond in every aspect of the wedding... Read More planning. My mom kept referring to him as a “gem.” Everything we asked, Kevin found a way to make it happen. From the food, to the décor, to the timing of events, he bent over backwards to accommodate us. He helped my husband and I create a menu that paid tribute to our cultures and earned rave reviews from our guests. There was also an event on Stone Street that day, which I was initially nervous about, but Kevin was extremely proactive in communicating with our vendors and helping our guests to make sure no one was impacted on the day of the wedding. Our guests cannot stop complimenting us on the venue. They loved the old New York feeling and the fact that every event took place on a different floor. It was different and elegant. My husband and I didn’t want a typical catering hall and we really found that with India House. We are extremely grateful to Kevin and his team for everything they did to make sure we had a truly memorable wedding! I would highly, highly recommend India House for your next event.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Julia C

Kevin, Katherine and the rest of the team at Masterpiece Caterers are incredible. We initially chose Masterpiece Caterers because we were drawn to the gorgeous Morningside Castle venue (at the Union Theological Seminary). Food, beverages and the rest were almost a secondary... Read More concern for us. We were so lucky because Masterpiece Caterers ended up being such a spectacular operation! We worked with Kevin for nearly a year to put our wedding together. He was so responsive and professional. I was so at ease because he was always two steps ahead. The wedding planning felt effortless thanks to him. When we got around to our tasting we were blown away by the quality of the food and the diverse selection. Kevin also helped us include a couple of our favorite beers in the standard bar offerings. The day before the wedding and the day of, Katherine helped us tie together the last minute details. Again, we just felt so at ease. I can't recommend Masterpiece Caterers highly enough. Their leadership, staff and venues are fantastic. Such an incredible value in New York City. Our wedding was flawless thanks to them!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Amanda M

The India House is the perfect place to have your wedding. All details including the ceremony coordination, cocktail hour with delicious stations and dinner dancing were expertly executed. You can put your trust in the team to make it the best experience and evening. Our guests... Read More mentioned it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. And we had a blast!! Kevin, Alanna and the team put us at ease to enjoy the day. The space is beautiful, the food delicious and the setting ideal.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 M C

SPECTACULAR! I write from the perspective of the Mother of the Bride. Our daughter and her husband were married at Morningside Castle several weeks ago. With Kevin's and Katherine's guidance, from start to finish, the wedding was a pure JOY! We so appreciated all they did to... Read More run everything on schedule, so smoothly, covering every detail, so we could just enjoy the wedding. Kevin could not have been more patient throughout the preceding year, answering my many questions! A special shout out to Katherine for staying late with us on Friday night waiting for photos, and then arranging them so artfully! The food was delicious, and the service staff did a great job. Between the lovely and historic venue and Kevin and Katherine's thorough attention, we could not be any happier with the Newlywed's choice of Morningside Castle for their wedding reception.

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Jenny W

The India House is a true gem in downtown Manhattan, a fantastic facility, elegant yet comfortable, with the most amazing staff imaginable. We can honestly say that choosing the India House to host our wedding and reception was by far the best decision we made throughout the... Read More entire planning process. Everything from the first meeting with manager Kevin until the last dance was a complete success. With both the bride and groom working full time (and no wedding planner) – the staff at India House was simply incredible with their availability, assistance, patience and especially coordination with vendors, including excellent recommendations of many that are familiar with and worked the India House previously. We can’t thank Kevin and his staff enough for all the special accommodations made, including providing multiple indoor and outdoor (weather permitting) options for the ceremony and reception, early and often access to the facility, extra help with our special center pieces, and flexibility with the AMAZING menus for cocktail hour, dinner and dessert – including baking cookies in their own ovens (from the special recipe dough we provided) so the cookies would be warm when served with ice cold milk. From the first minute of the ceremony until the very end of the night, someone from the staff was never more than a glance away if we needed anything, but never noticeable or overbearing. The building is gorgeous inside and out, sound system for DJ or band state of the art, and the atmosphere simply perfect for any special event. Thank you again Kevin and staff SO MUCH for making our dream day not only a reality, but such a wonderful event that we and our families and friends in attendance will remember and cherish always.

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Erin K

Out of all the places in NYC that we could've picked for our wedding, I am so glad we went with our gut and chose India House. After originally inquiring about Morningside Castle, Kevin, the GM of Masterpiece Caterers, informed us of MC's other space: India House. Little did... Read More we know, India House would be the perfect space for our wedding. Besides the fact that India House is conveniently located just two blocks from our apartment, the actual space was what really sold us: classy, nautical, and charming all at once, India House reminded my now-husband and I of his family and upbringing, which made the decision a no-brainer. We booked the space after seeing it twice (first viewed it just the two of us, then visited a second time with our parents), but were sold on it from the start when we first met Kevin. Kevin had given us the grand tour of all three floors, explaining the history, the decor, and how the space was used to its best ability to host weddings of many sizes. He explained how some features were updated, but that MC wanted to keep India House true to its roots, which is what really makes the space special. As you walk from room to room, you can't help but appreciate the architecture and vibe. As time went on, my husband and I were introduced to Jessica, who would be our day-of coordinator (HUGE perk, when you don't have an actual wedding planner). Jessica worked with us for months on end, answering my never-ending questions and countless emails. She was truly great to work with, and now, post-wedding, I know I wouldn't have managed that day without her guidance and knowledge. TL;DR, our wedding went off without a hitch thanks to the team at Masterpiece Caterers. Two months later, every time my husband and I walk past India House, we are so grateful to have hosted our wedding there - from the food selection (which - unbiased - I truly believe is the best wedding menu you could ever ask, as it far surpasses your typical wedding meal and is outrageously delicious) to the overall feeling of the space (intimate, classic, and warm). Our guests loved it, our families loved it, but most importantly, WE loved it and all of the memories that were had there. All of the planning was well worth it at the end of the day, and it couldn't have been done without Kevin, Jessica, and the hardworking staff at India House.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Catherine K

India House exceeded our expectations - beautiful décor, an amazing staff, and delicious food! From the very beginning Kevin (General Manager) helped us plan our wedding, stay within our budget, and provided great guidance and direction every step of the way. Kevin reviewed... Read More every detail with us from our food selection to the order of our precession. The staff was extremely attentive to us on our wedding day; they even went above and beyond by enhancing our decorations with candles on the bookshelf. My husband and I would highly recommend Masterpiece Caterers and their staff to coordinate your wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016

Great venue and catering services!! India House is such a beautiful venue for a wedding! And the staff of Masterpiece Caterers took care of our wedding from beginning to end. Wonderful food and thank you for adapting the menu for our gluten-free requirements.