Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

3526 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia , PA (215) 519-1894

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Hannah W

Our wedding day would not have been the same without Matt. Not only did the pictures turn out like something out of a fairy tale, he and his assistant accomplished this during on and off down pours of rain all day and night. Matt is a genuinely amazing person, he considers you... Read More as a person and tailors your photos to who YOU are. The first thought I had when I saw the wedding photos was, is it crazy to travel from one coast to another for maternity photos? We could not be happier with our choice in photographer, the West coast is lucky to be getting him.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kelly T

"Wow, The Best Ever" is absolutely the only way you could describe Matthew. He is professional, kind, funny, and just so talented. He fit into our day seamlessly and was wonderful with our family and friends. He has this incredible ability to get people comfortable in front of... Read More a camera and his work shows it. He was our absolute favorite wedding vendor to work with and we can't imagine our day without him. Matthew is relocating to CA and they are lucky to be getting an incredible photographer.

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Mary W

I knew from the moment when I made the decision for my daughter to hire Matthew for her wedding that we would not be disappointed. Matthew was a true pleasure to work with. The moment he comes to greet/meet you, you can feel his passion and excitement that he thoroughly enjoys... Read More what he loves and the photos speak volumes. Thank you so much Matthew for making my daughters wedding unforgettable and extra special. We will certainly keep you in mind for additional monumental stages in our lives. For all the brides-to-be your expectations will be beyond met if you decide to work with Matthew!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Mimi W

Pictures say a 1,000 words- Happy, overjoyed, love, excitement, elation, cheerful, delighted, ecstatic, thrilled, and special are only some of the words we could come up with when we were looking over the spectacular work that Matthew did. We were lucky enough to have our... Read More wedding photos delivered to us two weeks after our wedding and are still in complete awe of the special moments that were captured. From the moment Matthew stepped into a hectic bridal suite to the end of the wedding, he was nothing short of a joy to work with. I received tons of compliments from wedding guests that they were so impressed with the level of Matthews' and his assistants professionalism- with the ability to capture wonderful photos without the means of being invasive or intrusive. For all the brides looking for a photographer that not only captures delightful photos but also has the measure of making you feel comfortable throughout the entire day there's no ifs, ands or buts about it-Matthew is a stellar choice. Happy planning!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Jillian R

Are there six stars?! Matthew is the best! We could not be happier with him and his work. Honestly, he was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding because he is so incredibly talented, easy to work with, and always jovial. He's so complimentary during photo shoots and... Read More never makes you feel like you're being awkward or doing something wrong. We laughed all the way through our engagement and wedding photos and that genuine happiness really shows in his photos. Not only does he take beautiful portrait shots, Matthew has this remarkable ability to capture so many wonderful candid photos. So do yourself a favor and book him for your wedding. You won't be disappointed plus you'll get your photos in a very timely manner. :-)

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Laura K

Matthew was a pleasure to work with for both our engagement and wedding photos. He made me and my husband feel comfortable in front of the camera and had us laughing. This really made the process enjoyable for the both of us. In addition to making us feel at ease, he and his... Read More assistant also managed to keep an extremely low profile. They fit themselves into our wedding day instead of forcing it to conform to their timeline and somehow didn't miss a single moment - it felt like everything flowed smoothly with them. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017

I can not say enough how happy we are that Matthew was our photographer. Not only is he extremely talented, his personality and demeanor put everyone at ease. He took so many beautiful pictures however he managed to do so in the most unassuming, accommodating way. He was a... Read More pleasure! And our pictures are gorgeous! He not only took the prettiest portraits, he scoped out our venue and found the most artist areas to take them. He also took the best still photos of our venue and wedding details, as well as amazing action shots of the ceremony and reception. He caught so many wonderful moments! We highly recommend Matthew!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 andy s

We found Matthew through the recommended vendor list from our venue and used him for both our engagement session and wedding photography. He was awesome!! Super easy to work with, quick to meet us in person to discuss what we were looking for and did a great job getting the... Read More large groups together and positioned... the entire wedding loved him! The photos are AMAZING. He does both traditional portraits and some things that are very unique. They captured all the great moments, awesome detail shots, the food... everything! He got our photos back to us quickly and we are going to have such a hard time narrowing down because we love each of them. 5/5, would use again!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Ellen C

Matthew is wonderful. My venue coordinator knew his work and recommended we see if he was available for our wedding. He was great to work with throughout the entire process. He was willing to work with us on scheduling our engagement photos even though we only had a window of... Read More about 4 days to get them done (we live across the country but were getting married outside of Philly), listened to what was important to us and made great suggestions along the way, and provided an amazing finished product! I was amazed at how much my new husband and I loved the photos from our big day. My mom commented a few times within the weeks following the wedding how lovely Matthew was - great demeanor, remained calm and professional and was easy to be around, never overpowering the moments. I have recommended Matthew to a couple friends and absolutely recommend Matthew to anyone looking for a wonderful wedding photographer. :)

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Melodie J

Matthew was the best decision we made for our wedding day! He was amazing to meet with and were able to talk through our day. He was always willing to work with us and met with us several times to make sure we were ready for our big day. On the day of our wedding he made sure... Read More we were relaxed and he got every shot we had asked for. He made sure we were relaxed and enjoyed our day. I can't express in a review how much we enjoyed working with him and we look forward to being able to call him for our next moment that requires a photographer.

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Meghan K

From the moment we met Matthew, we knew he was the perfect fit for us! Matthew has been extremely professional through out our entire wedding experience. He's an amazing photographer and we absolutely LOVE all of our wedding pictures. He somehow captured every single moment of... Read More our day. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone for their special day! From the moment he arrived as we were getting ready, he was a seamless & important part of our day. We had family members and guests come to us through out the night and after the wedding to compliment us on how great Matthew had been. He will absolutely capture your love & memories, no matter the occasion. I cannot encourage you enough to have Matthew as your photographer!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Cailyn H

Matthew is an absolutely stellar photographer. From the moment of our first phone call to the final shot at our reception, Matthew and his team were so professional, responsive, and a joy to work with. Matthew executed flawlessly on our wedding day (our pictures are so... Read More beautiful !), putting us completely at ease while also ensuring we got every shot we wanted. His sense of humor shines through our photos and helped bring out the best of our wedding party. Matthew was completely attuned to the style and types of photos we wanted - I had complete trust that every sequence and setting would be great. I would recommend him to every bride!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Kerry N

I can’t say enough great things about Matthew and his team. From day one, Matthew was incredibly nice, energetic and responsive. He genuinely cares about making you happy and ensuring he captures who you are as a couple. His organization is out of this world- he was so well... Read More prepared for our wedding day that he knew all of our close family member names in order to make the portrait session run as smooth as possible! Our wedding photos just came in, and we cannot stop looking at them- he captured every priceless moment! We can't thank Matthew and his team enough and would highly recommend him to any couple!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Mary C

Let me save you any further stressing over choosing your wedding photographer - BOOK MATTHEW! He's AMAZING! You can thank me later! ; ) Working with Matthew was absolutely wonderful from day one. He's incredibly organized and responsive and genuinely interested in making sure... Read More his clients are over the moon happy! He has a relaxed sense of humor which made everyone comfortable on the big day! We also worked with Matthew for an engagement shoot and the results were phenomenal! We can't stop looking at all our wedding photos - he truly captured the essence of the day and provided us with priceless memories to cherish for a lifetime! We can't thank Matthew and his team enough and would highly recommend him to any couple!! So seriously, stop searching and contact Matthew today!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Julie B

the 5-star rating doesn't even do Matthew J Photography justice-we would give them 10-stars if that was possible :). Our experience with Matthew J Photography was incredible and it all began with our very first meeting and communication with Matt. From early on, we could tell... Read More how invested Matt was in making our wedding photos perfect and making us happy. He absolutely delivered on both fronts-each photo is beautiful and amazing quality and Matt's presence and involvement in our wedding continues to be a huge reason why our wedding night was such a success! Matt's energy and sense of humor made picture taking enjoyable and relaxed. He was organized, prompt, and prepared on the day of and prior to our wedding date, Matt found beautiful settings throughout our venue to shoot our pictures. He also listened and honored each of our requests and worked with us to customize a videography package. Not only is Matt amazing at capturing pictures, he also hopped in a few selfies/goofy group shots with us and these instantly became some of our favorites of the night! There is simply no better person to have be a part of your wedding experience than Matt and we feel lucky to have worked with him! Definitely recommend working with Matthew J Photography!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Katie R

I cannot say enough great words about Matthew! He was great at getting in touch with me during the wedding planning and quick to respond, as well. He made wedding day a breeze! One of the best people to work with for sure. He know what will look great and does everything he can... Read More to take the best pictures possible! I tend to get a little nervous, so he even brought me a kind bar to ensure that I ate. He was so good with our wedding party, and just a hilarious guy in general. Our pictures turned out AMAZING. He was so quick with getting them to us! Like I said, I would recommend him to anyone. So much so, my two sisters are using him too! Thank you Matthew!! You are awesome!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016

Matthew was just a wonderful person to work with! We took pictures before the ceremony and after, but did not have a reveal so it was more a complicated game of hide the bride from the groom before the ceremony! He delivered and made all of my crazy picture dreams come true! I... Read More heard non-stop all night how much my guests loved our photographer and I couldn't have agreed more with them! He is a must hire for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

My husband and I knew that Matthew would be a perfect fit for our wedding after our initial meeting with him. He has a great personality and is very approachable. We had no problem asking him any questions or sharing our thoughts of what we wanted. On our wedding day, Matthew... Read More and his team did a great job from start to finish. Everyone in our family (both immediate and extended) and even friends could not stop talking about how great of a photographer he was during the wedding day. We all love his work, the way he works and how he works. If anyone is looking for a wedding photographer, I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016

Matthew was absolutely amazing to work with. We had him shoot a 2-hour engagement session and our wedding day. Neither my wife nor I had been professionally photographed before. Matthew makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera with his fun personality and great sense... Read More of humor. He was willing to meet with us in-person and hash out final details on the phone or through e-mail. He was always very quick to respond when we had questions or needed information. During our ceremony and reception, we didn’t notice the photographers in the room. This was perfect, as it did not distract us from the day. Most importantly, the pictures that he captured were amazing. I would highly recommend Matthew to capture your upcoming events!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016 Mattie K

Matthew did an amazing job at our wedding! He was so professional, kind, funny, and most importantly made me feel relaxed. We just got our photos back and I was so amazed how wonderful they came out. Matthew was very helpful throughout the whole process and made this part of... Read More our wedding easy. I would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Erika W

Matthew exceeded expectations on our wedding day. His fun personality and love for photography shows through his beautiful photographs. Matthew is very easy to work with and very quick turnaround for our pictures. I would highly recommended Matthew!

Reviewed on 5/19/2016 Matthew C

Matthew and his team were an incredible joy to work with. From the start, Matthew's laid back manner allows you to be comfortable and really helps keep you grounded during the actual wedding day. The pictures speak for themselves as they are incredibly beautiful and artistic.... Read More More than that though, a good photographer knows when to take control and when to fade into the background and capture from afar...Matthew NAILS this! He is affordable, attentive and very professional. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Stephanie Z

Matthew J Photography is amazing. From our first meeting (a year and a half ago!) to receiving our beautiful wedding photos everything has been perfection. We used Matt for both our engagement and wedding photos and couldn’t be happier. Throughout the wedding planning process,... Read More Matt was always extremely responsive and available to answer any questions we had. Matt and his second shooter (Hieu) were able to capture every emotional, fun, quirky thing that happened at our wedding even when I didn’t realize they were around. He made taking pictures fun so we were comfortable and relaxed while taking photos. We’ve been getting non-stop compliments from our friends and family on how awesome our wedding photos are. I highly recommend Matthew J Photography!!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Rachel P

Hiring Matthew was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. From the very beginning, he was patient, excited, and incredibly easy to work with. He arrived early, was extremely organized during the whole planning process and throughout the day, and was just overall a... Read More fun person to be around. During the wedding, Matthew, his second shooter Max, and his assistant did everything they could to make everyone feel comfortable and at ease. He went through our family portraits seamlessly, was great with our young flower girls, and made everyone feel and look very natural. I am absolutely THRILLED with all of the photos from our wedding - he really captured everyone's happiness! We have so many favorites to choose from! You can tell he puts a lot of work and a lot of love into every shot he takes. Many of our friends and family commented on how much fun he was to work with, and one of my bridesmaids said at the end of the night, "There were so many times that I thought to myself, this would be a great shot, and I would turn around and your photographers were already there!" I recommend him to any couple!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Jennifer T

We were married on October 10 and couldn't be happier with the services that Matt and his staff provided. They were on time according to plan and coordinated with the other vendors well. We met with Matt twice, giving him details of what we wanted and he kept every detail. Like... Read More many people, we don't look forward to pictures and worry that they can become a hassle. Matt made the entire process comfortable and enjoyable - even the portraits! Matt had an assistant with me and Matt went with my bride. They showed up at the time agreed upon and were able to catch the special moments that meant the most to us. We told Matt that we wanted to make it to our wedding on time for Cocktail hour so that we could chat with ppl during that time and (hopefully) enjoy our dinner. He and his team made sure that we got all the shots we wanted with time to spare for some fun shots and we made it to cocktail hour on time. During the wedding, we were able to enjoy ourselves and didn't even notice the photographers around us. So far, we've seen a few samples and they are awesome. From what we've seen so far, Matt is able to truly capture the moment for you. We had a "sparkler send off" which i was skeptical about. However, Matt captured the moment in a way that brings me back to that exact moment of the night. The sparklers are caught in the best light and the exposure is spot on. We are looking forward to receiving the full package from Matt. He comes with our highest recommendation.