Maumee Bay State Park Lodge

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Park, Tented

1750 State Park Rd #2, Oregon, OH (419) 836-0013

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Maureen M

I was married in October 2017 and I could not have been happier with the service at Maumee Bay. Kendra and the staff made sure I was completely happy at all times and had zero stress while planning! Guests from the wedding are still calling me and saying how great the staff was... Read More and that they would love to come back and stay at The Lodge again! THANK YOU MAUMEE BAY!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Ashley B

Kendra and her staff were amazing to work with! Kendra goes above and beyond when working with you. She is quick to return an email and explains everything in such great detail! I would highly recommend using Maumee Bay State Park for your wedding. We keep getting so many... Read More compliments on our wedding and told that our guests felt like they were on a quick weekend get away! Such a great compliment to be given.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Kyleigh M

10/10 Kendra Buchanan is amazing, and my guests can't stop talking about how great my wedding was. beautiful facility, and the food and service was even better. everything was very reasonably priced too. love love love

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Phoenix G

Everything was beautiful and we couldn't have picked a better place to have our wedding. Reasonably priced, flexible, and professional.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Amber H

Maumee Bay State Park Lodge and Conference Center was the best place to hold our wedding and reception. We loved the gorgeous scenery, the fact that there was plenty to do for our guests, and that the reception and ceremony were right there! Kendra and her staff were always... Read More accommodating and friendly and were willing to bend over backwards for you! We got a lot of comments at how beautiful and perfect the day was and I cannot thank Maumee Bay enough! It was a perfect setting for a perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Amanda K

Beautiful!

A wonderful location for a scenic wedding!

Reviewed on 9/16/2013 Caroline B

We recently had our wedding at Maumee Bay State Park. The ceremony was outside and the reception inside. The food was delicious, the staff was amazing and the location was beautiful without having to spend a fortune!

Great!

Reviewed on 9/13/2013 Ashleigh S

Pros: We picked Maumee Bay because we wanted a beach-like feel for our wedding, without having to travel to Florida. The location is gorgeous, and Julie was very helpful with returning phone calls, answering questions, and coordinating with other vendors. There are lots of... Read More options to choose from for meals and appetizers, and we received many compliments on the food. Cons: Another reason we selected Maumee Bay was because we wanted to have all our guests stay overnight in the lodge. What we didn't realize was that there are an extremely limited number of rooms available for the summer, and often rooms are booked a year in advance. Therefore, the majority of our guests had to find an alternate hotel. Also, another downside is that there isn't a great alternative for an outdoor wedding ceremony in the event of rain. Their rain plan is to herd everyone into an undecorated, empty ballroom and preform the ceremony there- which is extremely disappointing for brides who have been planning for an outdoor wedding.

Awesome

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Merianna W

Julie was wonderful to work with, she was patient and had many great ideas. The staff went above and beyond to make our day special.

Beautiful facilities!

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Jenna C

We were both extremely happy with how the ceremony and reception turned out at Maumee Bay. Having them in the same location was the best decision we made for our wedding and the staff at Maumee Bay was so attentive and helpful!

great place for a reception!

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Sarah B

beautiful setting on the lake; lots of places to take pictures with your bridal party; great food and service; easy to work with!

could have been happier

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Andrea Y

I absolutely loved the look of Maumee Bay. We were married outside and had the reception in the tent, and it was absolutely gorgeous. What I didn't like is the business side of Maumee Bay. We had a contract stating the number of people we were inviting and the estimated payments... Read More we had to make before the wedding. A month before the wedding we were told that the tent was not meant to hold 175 guests, 150 is ideally the max. However, we had a contract stating 175 for over a year prior to this and had many conversations with the wedding coordinators there planning for this number of guest. Unfortunatley there had been three different wedding coordinators we had to deal with that each had told us different things. In addition maybe two weeks before the wedding I was told that we owed more money because even though the contract states 175 guest they had only based the dinner on 150 guest. The day after the wedding we woke up to a huge bar tab that they immediately charged my credit card on file for. Even though we had already paid off what we had to according to the contract, because it's all based on an "estimate" that means they can basically charge whatever they want afterwards and say that you had gone over what they had estimated what you would owe. Like I said, it is beautiful but I would use them at your own risk.

Ceremony/Reception Venue

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Stacey M

The site was beautiful and the weather turned out to be PERFECT for an outdoor ceremony and photos! Food was great and service was wonderful. Only downside was the cost but overall we were very pleased and this fit our vision perfectly!

Disappointment

Reviewed on 8/17/2011 Sarah M

The original person that was in charge of our wedding was very good at following up with us. About a week before the wedding she was out on an emergency. The woman that took over was difficult to reach. I was not able to order food until 3 days before the wedding and two days... Read More before I wasn't sure if the reception could be moved inside or not. The staff on the day of did not provide refills of water and disappeared after dinner was served. The bar tab was confusing and I am fairly certain there were extra drinks added. Lemonade and ice tea were supposed to be included as well as coffee on request. People complained that the coffee was hard to get and no one knew about the lemonade or ice tea because it was put behind the bar. Additionally, the staff did not put out enough chairs for the ceremony and people had to stand. On the plus side the park was beautiful!

So, so

Reviewed on 11/16/2010 Angela S

Dont base your decision on the food...when we did our taste test the food was excellent but it was cold and not very well presented at our reception. There were several mistakes that were made throughout our recption but after the fact they corrected what they could. The view is... Read More great and they try working with you as much as possible...but a lot of things are set in stone with them...like what they provide and will do for you during the ceremony and reception and they make no exceptions what-so-ever. So take it or leave it.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 10/18/2010 Kelli G

My experience with Maumee Bay was exceptional. As a facility they have there act together. I actually believe my sales contact was more organized than I was! They walk you through every step of the process. The location is breath-taking -- and they can accomodate all size... Read More festivities. With tons of activities & cabins for rent -- you are able to turn any wedding into a mini vacation. Fantastic food, location, & staff. Could not have been more pleased. Great Experience!

Poor Service

Reviewed on 6/29/2010 Kate W

While I was planning my reception the customer service manager was either let go or quit. This proved to be a problem when other people tried to take over her job and had no idea of the items that I had already selected. They also tried to tell us that she quoted prices that... Read More were not valid, which we argued was not our problem. On the day of the reception I walked into the hall to speak to the manager on duty about my favors and I was given the "yeah ok" while she went on with her personal conversation. Not impressed!