Contemporary Wedding Photography

Maxim Photo Studio believes that your wedding day should be captured beautifully, intimately, artistically, and unobtrusively. Our weddings are a celebration of emotions, traditions, pomp and circumstance captured through our documentary and artistic photojournalism styles.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

320 West Benson St., Cincinnati / Dayton, OH Tri-state area (513) 620-4750

Reviewed on 12/03/2017 Andre B

When we first started out the blissful mission of planning our wedding, we initially hired a different photographer (who shall remain nameless). When we got our images back from our engagement session, we knew we had to find someone new. Obviously, we were a little jaded... Read More after the first experience, but that all changed when we found Maxim Photo Studio. From the moment we first spoke with Max, he put us at ease and made the process not only less stressful, but fun. Max re-shot our engagement session, did the wedding, and then did a post-wedding shoot. The process was quick, easy, and very professionally done. Planning a wedding can be a painful process, so I really can't say enough about how important to us it was that Max and his team made sure that the photos were really the last thing we had to worry about. What I haven't mentioned yet are the photos themselves. In a word, they're UNBELIEVABLE. Max and the team got great shots of every detail for all of our various sessions. The quality is amazing--he even made ME look good. Max is a truly innovative photographer; the shot that really amazed us was the drone shot at Ault Park. Totally awesome and not something you'll get from just anyone. Whatever event you're planning in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, there really is only one call you need to make to get the best photos possible. Call Maxim and they'll take it from there!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Erica S

WOW!!! Maxim Photography was the HARDEST working vendor we had the pleasure of working with as we prepared for our BIG Day. As we were looking and interviewing photographers for what seemed like weeks, late one night I stumbled upon his photo galleries and we were in awe of the... Read More shots. I knew right away that this was the most important vendor to work with because the photos are what we walk away with and will see in our home on a regular basis. My mother and I decided to email Max immediately (which was well after midnight) and within 30ish minutes he responded and we met with him later that afternoon. Max's communication is impeccable and practically instant. He is very responsive and truly listens and takes care of his clients. I never felt that he rushed us in and out. He wanted us to feel comfortable and made an effort to get to know us, know our story, and understand our wishes with our wedding photos. His laid-back, confident professionalism puts everyone at ease. He made us laugh and we had fun! Max and his team made us feel as though our wedding and the shots that were taken were of the utmost importance. He valued and achieved our design for our wedding photos. Max took the most beautiful engagement photos and had the best ideas for our second photo location. When I asked about using a tandem bike on our engagement photos he was excited and captured us with it perfectly. This enthusiasm is truly contagious and can be felt in everything he does! Max moves so seamlessly and he is organized and prepared so that he is able to maximize the photo time. He worked from sun up to well after dark the day of our wedding. His professionalism and quality of work is second to none! He did whatever it took to get the best shot. If that meant laying on the ground in the grass/dirt or floor he was going to do it without any hesitation. His artistic eye and perfectionism were incredible. My husband and our families are now reaping the rewards of his hard work. We will treasure these photos forever! The day of our wedding we received numerous compliments about the level of dedication Max showed and his impressive belt of equipment (lenses and cameras). Max was never the spotlight or in the way but seemed to capture EVERY single moment. His packages and services fit our needs and he was willing to meet us at times that fit our schedule. When we returned from our honeymoon he had all of our photos ready for us. We couldn't be more thankful for Maxim Photo Studio and their passion and love for capturing some of the most important moments in life. I would highly recommend Max Surikov without ANY reservation! You will not be disappointed and your money will be well spent. Maxim Photo Studio = maximum photos and experience

2017-10-27T13:24:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you Erica. It was my pleasure to work with you and Fritz.

BEST of the Best!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Jordan W

The title says it all. From our very first meeting with Max at Maxim Photo Studio we were impressed! His laid back, professional nature put our minds and concerns at ease. For those that are planning a wedding you know that it can be stressful. Every photographer has a 'style'... Read More but Max and his team made sure that they knew what we envisoned and wanted for our special day. From the engagement, figuring out times/details of the wedding down to the execution on the big day we did not have to worry about a thing. Our family and friends LOVED the slideshow of pictures that circulated around on iPads during our reception. It made them feel as if they were apart of the entire day of events. A confident photographer is a GOOD photographer, and we knew when hiring Max and his team to capture the most important day of our lives to date that we were in good hands. I would recommend Maxim Photo Studio to everyone! You will get quality photo and quality services.

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Eileen S

When we started planning our wedding, we knew that one of the most important decisions we could make when it came to our vendors was the photographer. Maxim Photo Studio did not disappoint. Our wedding was in late November and our ceremony was at 4:30pm. We had decided that... Read More we did not want to do a first look before the ceremony, so, given the time of year, we knew that meant most of our photos would be after sunset. I looked at a countless number of studios online and met with one in person before meeting with Max, the owner at Maxim. Given my experience with the first studio we met with, I was afraid Max would try to push us into doing our first look before the ceremony to save daylight. However, I was so relieved when Max was supportive of our decision and when we saw the countless number of amazing nighttime photos he has taken. However, it was not just Max's evening photos that impressed. His whole portfolio is filled with beautiful pictures and I knew, even before the wedding, that we had made the right choice. During the wedding, Max was extremely professional and efficient, but still easy going and fun. Neither my husband nor I love getting our picture taken, but Max made us feel at ease during the whole process. We received so many compliments from our bridal party about how great of a job he did the day of the event. During our ceremony and reception, I did not notice Max once (no jumping in the middle of the aisle, no loud clicks of the camera), but he managed to capture every single moment beautifully. When we received our photos back, we were blown away. His photos are timeless and he artfully captured the whole day. We will be able to relive our wedding through these photos in the years to come and we are so thankful to Max and his team for all their hard work!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Jacqueline R

Maxim photography is fantastic to work with. Extremely detail oriented, prompt, easily accessible, and professional. Max is incredibly talented and has an impeccable eye for taking just the right photograph. Very happy we chose him for our engagement photos and Wedding Day!... Read More We highly recommend Maxim Photography to all brides and grooms. You will not be disappointed!

2017-10-29T17:00:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jacqueline and Keith. It was a pleasure to work with you and your families.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Barbara S

Max is the absolute best wedding photographer. I used him for my daughter's wedding in September, 2017. Everyone I show my mini 8 photo highlights too, comments that the pictures are spectacular. He captures the best images without interrupting the celebration. I choose... Read More him based on recommendations from two friends who used him.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Lisa S

Max was the photographer for both the engagement session and the wedding day pictures. He met with us before hand to get to know us and understand what pictures and style we were looking for. He did a fantastic job making sure to capture all the pictures we wanted and our... Read More personalities. I recommend him to everyone I know.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Mary-Ann C

I can't recommend Maxim Photo Studio enough. We knew we wanted Max shooting our wedding as soon as we met him. He's extremely detail-oriented, which is so important when it comes to a production such as a wedding. You can can tell from his questionnaires that he's very mindful... Read More of the bride and groom's vision of the wedding. He caps the number of weddings he shoots in a year, and focuses on providing quality service and a great experience for the client, which I really valued. I was also blown away by his quick turnaround time, from how quickly he responded to phone calls and emails, to how quickly he got our photos together to us. It really made us feel like valued clients. On our wedding day, we had a hiccup in our timeline (due to another vendor dropping the ball), but Max seamlessly moved things around and I never once felt like our photo timeline was even affected. You know you've got the full package when your photographer is detail-oriented, artistically talented, and provides a great customer experience.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Lara B

If you are looking for the best in the business, look no further! Max takes his time with each client to understand their style, personality and specific wishes. From the moment we stepped into his studio to meet with him for the first time, we could tell that Max not only knew... Read More what he was doing with photography but that he cared whether or not he could meet our individual needs as our engagement/wedding photographer. My (now) husband hates having his picture taken, but after just a few minutes with Max he could tell that he was a very genuine, down-to-earth individual which put him at ease! With both our engagement session and our wedding, at no point did I feel as if he was counting minutes on the clock, only that he wanted to be sure every shot was captured perfectly- a true measure of quality. Keep in mind, when looking for a photographer you will generally get what you pay for- Max and his team are worth every penny! Pictures are the only tangible thing we will have to remember our big day, so we chose to make the investment in a great photographer and were not disappointed! My best friend/bridesmaid and her fiance hired Maxim Photo Studio to do their engagement session and wedding based on their experience with him at our wedding, and we are planning for Max to do our maternity shoot in the upcoming months. Repeat customers and referrals are the best compliment to a business.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Sandhya W

Maxim Studio is hands-down the best choice for wedding photography in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. Max Surikov is not only extremely professional, but also very personable and makes sure that you're feeling completely comfortable while working he's with you. Working with him for... Read More the first time during our engagement shoot helped us get used to his style and he was super helpful with providing us with directions and clearly communicating his artistic vision. He made himself completely available to me and my husband, as we had several last-minute meetings with him leading up to our big day. During the weekend of our wedding, he went above and beyond to make sure he capture all of our special moments. Max is all about the little details and it is very apparent how passionate he is about his work in the stunning results he delivers. He is definitely top-notch and my husband & I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Brittany D

Maxim is THE best. Max (owner) is friendly, promptly answers questions, has great package and ala carte options, and his online pictures are beautiful. With that being said- when you are actually working with him doing the shoots.. that's where its really 5 star treatment! He... Read More listens to you, gets you comfortable and laughing, let's you know the best poses for you and your other half, even helps with facial expressions and lighting to make you look your very best! We have so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. Our friends used Max as well and that's how we found him. Your wedding is once in a lifetime and I am telling you- you get what you pay for x100!!!! He also did our photo booth and the pictures were fantastic and the guests had a blast! The engagement guest book, photo shoot book, and bridal album are stunning and very perfectly made.

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Randi S

There are not enough good things to say about Maxim Photo Studio. The most important part of the whole wedding to me was the photography and I could not be happier with my decision. Max is incredibly professional and prepared. Not to mention the amazing photographs which he... Read More creates. He is so much fun to work with and isn't afraid to get dirty to get the shot. He was so helpful and easily accessible throughout the entire process. All of our guests loved him and the final product was unbelievable. We had an outdoor wedding and reception and the night photography was stunning. Best photographer around, hands down. You really need to hire Maxim Photo Studio to capture your big day. You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Emilee S

Max was amazing from the very beginning. He did a GREAT job and captured all of our special moments perfectly! From candid shots to posed we could not be happier with our photos from the most special days of our lives. We would recommend him a million times over again.

2017-04-26T10:38:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you Emilee for the kind words. It was such a pleasure for me and my team to capture you and Wes in Louisville for your engagement and at The Phoenix for your wedding.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Elise H

Max did a great job! My husband and I are both not the type that likes to pose/model for photos. Max gave us tips how to angle our bodies and also just made us feel confident. We also have so many great photos of when we are just laughing or smiling at each other with out even... Read More knowing he was photographing us at the time. Highly recommend!

2017-04-26T10:40:37 Response from the vendor

Elise, thank you for your comments. It was such a great wedding at The Drees Pavilion.

Reviewed on 2/19/2017 Jessica B

Max was amazing! He shot our engagement, engagement party, and our wedding in Cabo. We couldn't be happier with our experiences with Max. He has awesome vision for pictures that fit our personalities and he makes us feel extremely comfortable throughout the entire process. Did I... Read More mention that the pictures turned out amazing every time?! Highly recommended Maxim Photo Studio!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Heather S

Max is without a doubt the best wedding photographer in the Cincinnati area. His work is amazing, he did my engagement photos along with my wedding and reception and I love them all! He is very good at playing with light and reflections so you don't just get "standard" photos... Read More with him. It is evident that he is very passionate about his work and he has a great personality and is fun to work with. I don't particularly like getting my picture taken but Max really made me feel comfortable and made the process fun! We also had the photobooth at our reception which I highly recommend, it was so much fun (and got a little crazy)! And the photo books that you get are a great keepsake and high quality. I can't say enough good things about Max and his work, he is the best!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Elizabeth S

Max is the best wedding photographer in Cincinnati!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah V

Max is the best and was hands down my favorite vendor! Our wedding pictures are unbelievable; everyone keeps commenting that they're the best pictures they have ever seen. Max is creative, artsy and original. He spent the entire day with us; from the early morning bridal... Read More party getting ready to the moment the last guest walked out of the reception hall, Max was there. We had a large wedding party and were worried about the attention span of some of them, but Max kept everyone's attention and was efficient with the pictures. We never felt like we were standing around wasting time. Hire Max - you won't regret it!!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Dennis T

We loved working with Max. Not only is he great at what he does, he's also a great person.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kanisha J

Max is truly the best photographer ever! The photos are amazing. His work is simply art, and he captures everything. The pictures tell a true story; our story. I love that he handled the wild personalities of my family like a champ! He can handle large parties, wild parties! A... Read More great man, and a great photographer ! Maxim Photo Studio was our absolute favorite vendor we chose! A great investment for a great night! Thank you for being a great addition to our special day. Sean and Kanisha

2016-10-18T22:57:01 Response from the vendor

Sean and Kanisha, thank you for much for your kind words. It was my pleasure to capture your wedding day last weekend.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Ashley D

Max, was amazing! Very easy to work with and everything he did turned out amazing! It's hard to choose from all the photos you will receive from him!

2016-10-18T22:58:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashley and David. I loved photographing your wedding and spending time with your families.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Lauren C

Max was a fantastic photographer! We truly appreciated his professional nature, but also his willingness to get the best shot! Everything was so easy when it came to contracts and payments, as it was all online. My husband and I, along with our bridal party and parents were so... Read More impressed with his ability to get all of the photos we hoped to get prior to our ceremony. The day of our wedding was the coldest day in May, completely out of our control, but Max was prepared and pulled blankets out of his car to keep everyone warm as we were visiting our photo spots around Cincinnati. Two of our best friends (who were also in our bridal party) are getting married in July 2017 - they have already booked Max based off our great experience and amazing photos. We've heard nothing but good things when it came to our family and friends seeing our photos for the first time. We can't say enough positive things about our experience and photos by Maxim Photo Studio!

2016-10-16T18:12:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you Lauren and Adam. I appreciate your comments about my Studio.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Niki W

Max and his team were wonderful. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. His communication from the very beginning was outstanding; we knew exactly what to expect. From the engagement photos to our wedding day, Max was outstanding. Thank you for everything!

2016-10-16T18:13:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you Niki and Matt. I enjoyed working with you and your families during engagement and wedding.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Alex R

Couldn't ask for better photography service! Max is professional in every aspect of his business. He was above and beyond what we expected. What was really great, he was able to provide the exact service that we asked of him!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Alex R

Max Surikov - Maxim Photo Studio

My name is Max Surikov and I own Maxim Photo Studio. My clients commission me to create modern, elegant, and unique wedding day images. I’ve been happily married for 18 years and have two great 16 & 14 year old boys. In my “prior life” I played competitive table tennis, won in an amateur bodybuilding contest, and passed the CPA exam. I have an accounting degree and formal photography education.