Is this your business? claim it now

Maxwell Room

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Backyard, Ballroom, Waterfront, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

10 S New Riv Dr E, Fort Lauderdale, FL (954) 463-6630

Reviewed on 2/12/2017 Cierra W

What can I say other than Awesome!!!! Libby's friendliness and guidance provided the comfort I needed. At the last moment, we needed to change venues, and Libby made the transition as smooth as possible. I'm thankful to Libby for being available and always pleasant and honest.... Read More Praise God for her :) I highly recommend the beautiful Historic Maxwell Room!

Great place!

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Lora M

My husband and I were married along the sea wall in front of the restaurant with a beautiful view of the boats along the New River. Gigi, our coordinator for the Maxwell Room, was accommodating and worked hard to make our wedding day what we wanted. All of our guests raved... Read More about the beautiful room and how delicious the food was. It is the perfect place for an intimate wedding. We couldn't have had a better experience!

Worst administration and service ever!!!

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Eunice A

I fell in love with this place because of the rustic feel it has to it. At first I was dealing with Brad, their event coordinator. He didn't last long with the company but didn't bother to tell me until after I left several emails and phone messages. I should've seen that as a... Read More sign and walked away from this place, but after Brad and Gigi Barse assured me that everything would run smooth from there on out I decided to stick with them. Gigi Barse was great until she showed her true colors the day of the wedding (11/24/2012). The food was cold. I had ordered mashed potatoes and they gave everyone broccoli. They ran put of food and did not make more to feed our guest that did not eat. Mind you we had 8 people not show up to the wedding whose plates we had already paid for. When my mom went back the following Monday to try and get her money back for the 8 plates that were not used Gigi and the owner refused. Not only did they refuse, but they made up this bullshit story about some of our guest "stealing" their art work off their walls. They wanted us to call all of our guests to find out who had stolen the "art work". They claimed they had it on video, but when asked to show us the video they declined. Really? I will make sure I never recommend this place to no one!!!

Brilliant Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 8/30/2011 Claire M

I found the Maxwell Room whilst making a search of the Internet for somewhere to have my wedding reception which wouldn't cost the earth. I emailed them as I was planning everything from the UK and was sent some information about the packages they offer which I must say are... Read More great value for money. I wasn't able to look around the venue and didn't see it until a week before the BIG day so my husband went and took photos so I could see. It is part of the Downtowner Saloon on the river in Fort Lauderdale. The Maxwell Room is lovely inside and has old brick walls and archways surrounding the dancefloor and a large area for tables. The bar runs along the side and is quite old fashioned but lovely. It has a unique and intimate feel and was perect for the 40 or so guests we had. We met Stacie the events manager and the chef the week before and arranged what food we were having for our buffet dinner. We had three appetisers, 3 entrees, salad and sides, wedding cake, champagne toast and an hour free bar for everyone for around $60 per head. Great value I thought as here in the UK you would get less than that for around the same price and would not get the cake included. The cake was from Grampas Bakery in Dania - we went there to choose what we wanted and it was lovely (3 tiers - chocolate, vanilla sponge & strawberry and lemon). They deliver to the Maxwell Room and bill them direct. The food was gorgeous and everyone enjoyed it. All the staff working on the night were fabulous and made sure we were having a great time, coming round topping our glasses up with champers! Stacie and her team decorated the venue with fairy lights (as requested) and used the tea lights, table jewels etc which I provided, and made it look brilliant. Very romantic with all the candles twinkiling away. I would throughly recommend this venue if you are looking for something a bit different, great value for money, excellent staff and service. Thank you Stacie & your team!