McFadden's Restaurant & Saloon

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

58 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI

Just right

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 Jackie B

McFadden's was an amazing place to have our rehearsal dinner. The price was right, it was within walking distance of our venue, and the staff was incredibly professional, helpful and organized. The Jameson Lounge offers something for everyone - comfortable seating for... Read More conversation, pool tables, a bar, music, and plenty of space to move around.

Perfect for quaint reception!

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Andrea M

Awesome reception venue! Good food, great atmosphere, and easy to work with!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 7/21/2013 Nicole V

Erin the event coordinator is great to work with. You also get a lot for your money my deposit was $500 to hold the date and that also came with linens, tables, chairs, real plates, cups, silverware, table numbers, and free butcher paper for kids to draw on. The $500 doesn't go... Read More towards the event but still a great deal. Everyone else in the area wanted like $1000 - $1500. All I had to really bring was decor and cake. My wedding reception was a plated dinner and you get great portions with all meals as well.

Phenomenal Food, Service, and Professionalism

Reviewed on 4/07/2013 Kat W

Erin and her team were fantastic. My wedding was held up in the Pearl Room on the third floor. I met with her a few times before the wedding to plan the details of the reception and every time she was extremely organized and well prepared. When we had our menu tasting, all of... Read More the food was phenomenal and we had a difficult time choosing which dishes we wanted to offer to our guests. In the end we had chose the tilapia, sweet tea pork chops, chipotle lime chicken, and vegetarian stir fry. Our guests kept telling us how the food did not taste like normal wedding food (bland and mass prepared). No only was the food great, but the menu looked amazing. Our colors were soft pinks, peaches, and choral. The accents of color we had popped really well against the darker room colors. They also have tea lights that come with the room rental and can be used at no cost. The tea lights made the room feel incredibly warm and inviting.

long distance

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 Katie B

my reception was recently at mcfaddens and it was an awesome experience. i live in minneapolis, but got married where i grew up in grand rapids and planning a wedding from 600 miles away was hard but erin lindsay made it a breeze. she was awesome to work with and her staff was... Read More great the night of. easy and everyone said it was the best wedding food they've ever had!

Great Reception Venue!

Reviewed on 6/21/2012 Gillian M

We used McFadden's as our reception venue and loved it! The venue is cozy and seats 150 people comfortably. The plated dinner was fantastic and so many people raved about the food to us after the wedding! The environment of the third floor loft is cozy and modern; exposed brick,... Read More fireplaces and a lounge area add to the rustic/modern/city charm of the place. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone's wedding reception!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Sarah S

McFadden's was not only our caterer, they were our venue as well. I can't say enough good things about the location, the food, and the staff. Erin was so helpful and made sure our menu was perfect. We were able to taste test everything before we chose our menu and the food was... Read More better than any wedding food I have ever had...and at a super great value!!! They supplied the bartender and alcohol as well. I told them what I wanted and they took care of everything without me having to think twice about it!

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Becky H

I can't say enough good things about McFadden's. The service was excellent, and the food was delicious. I think overall the price is great. The food is reasonably priced but I think the alcohol is slightly high.

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 3/24/2011 karalyn j

We had our reception on the 3rd floor in February. It was amazing! The service was top notch, the coordiantor, Erin, was so on top of her game and the servers! We had so much good feed back on the excellent food, people are still talking about how good the food was! Served... Read More hot! It was an outstanding reception venue!

Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 11/02/2010 Jessica F

We had our rehearsal dinner at McFadden's on the second floor, which is the Jameson Lounge. I loved it because you have your own bathrooms, bar, and pool tables. It was large enough to have a party of 70. The food was really good as well.

Amazing room!

Reviewed on 9/29/2010 Jeannie I

The Pearl room at MacFadden's Restaurant and Saloon was very beautiful! It didn'teven need that many decorations! Gorgeous fireplace and lounge area with leather couches make perfect backdrops for pictures.

Best rehearsal dinner ever!

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Jessica T

We used McFadden's for our rehearsal dinner and it was a perfect choice! We wanted something fairly laid-back so all of our wedding party and out of town guests could come and spend time with each other. We invited nearly 50 people, so we needed a place big enough to hold that... Read More many people, yet without a high room rental fee. We rented out the 2nd floor (for under $300) and it was great having the Wii, pool tables, our own bar, and bathrooms right on that floor. There was plenty of seating for everyone to eat dinner at and just hang out. We had a buffet of heavy appetizers and it worked out great. Everyone got more than enough to eat and the food was delicious. Erin (the coordinator) helped us pick out the food and what to do for drinks. We ended up doing 2 (alcoholic) drink tickets per person, which worked out well. Erin (and the rest of the staff) did a great job from beginning to end in helping plan the event. Even though its above a bar, you would never know that once you are upstairs!