The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

McGuire's Millrace Farm WNC in Murphy, North Carolina rests in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains. This stunning scenery is a dream come true for to-be-weds. Booking a ceremony or reception here means first-look photographs in a rustic setting surrounded by the beauty of flower gardens and rolling hills. Each bride and groom loves the fact that only one wedding takes place at a time, so there’s no need to worry about sharing the attention. A list of available indoor and outdoor spaces is found below.

The Barn. The Barn offers the protection of an indoor space while giving the wedding attendees an outdoor feel. The space measures an impressive 6,600 square feet and has wrought iron chandeliers that hang from 30-foot ceilings. Couples love the polished concrete floors that offer plenty of space for dancing. Both ceremonies and receptions are able to take place in the barn.

The Grounds. Enjoy a fresh mountain breeze while you say your "I do’s" on the grounds of McGuire's Millrace Farm WNC. There are a few different spots to choose from, such as by the carriage horses under a decorative arbor or at the foot of an arched bridge that covers a sparkling pond. After the ceremony ends, consider having first-look photos taken by a line of river birches.

A knowledgeable event planner is ready to help every couple plan the wedding they desire. This includes arranging rehearsal dinners and after-morning brunches. The on-site catering team provides all of the food you require, including a five-course prime rib dinner at your reception. If you’d like to keep things simple and stick with the country theme, you are welcome to go with a Southern barbecue. The chef believes the way the food is displayed is equally as important as to how good it tastes, which is why to-be-weds are given the option of having buffet items displayed in a canoe or decorative wooden bowls.

There’s no need to worry about how your disc jockey plugs in his equipment, as there are plenty of electrical outlets throughout the property, including in the great outdoors. Gorgeous hardwood tables and chairs are provided for your event and you have access to the latest technology in the event that you’d like to put together a slide show or have the best man give a speech.

Since the property dates back to just before the Civil War, the bride and groom may wish to decorate the area to reflect the history. Of course, couples are welcome to decorate the space with whatever theme is important to them.

When it comes to extra perks, brides find the on-site dressing rooms with showers hard to beat. There’s also a lodge on the property with room for 30 guests that has the ability to be rented out to accommodate out-of-town guests. Additional perks that make this venue the ideal choice are listed below.

• Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance
  • Complimentary parking

Premier Destination Wedding Venue in the Mountains

McGuire’s Millrace Farm’s unforgettable setting will compliment the event of your dreams. Spectacular mountain views surround the historical 110 acre farm where you will find rich southern hospitality, rustic elegance and charm. Breathtaking wedding sites, endless photo opportunities, superb food, and true Southern hospitality make McGuire's Millrace Farm the best place to get married in the mountains. When you hold your event with the McGuire family, you are our #1 priority, and we will help you every step of the way. Our award winning services are guaranteed to leave you and your guests with memories to last a lifetime. We are committed to providing an experience that exceeds expectations for comfort, class, superior service and fabulous dining.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Historic Venue, Tented

Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

600 Hendrix Road, Murphy, NC (888) 774-0015
PINTEREST

Unsurpassed in all things 'Wedding!'

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Em G

The McGuire's a truly a one-of-a-kind find! I am from Blue Ridge, GA (which is only about 40 minutes away from the venue) but I would have driven hours just to have my wedding here. Linda, Natalie, and Tommy worked with me every step of the way--which, as any bride knows,... Read More working with a soon-to-be bride is not the easiest task! I am still amazed--as I look back one year after my wedding--at how smooth, stress-free, and beautiful that my wedding was! As gorgeous as pictures of this venue are, they do not nearly grasp the beauty that McGuire's Millrace Farm contains. The food, the location, the employees, and the incredible view are only a few perks McGuire's Millrace Farm has to offer. Not only did the McGuire's keep in touch just for my wedding, when they heard that my father was in an accident nearly a year after my wedding, they contacted me to check-in and let me know that they were thinking of my family. That, to me, speaks wonders; the McGuire's are truly an amazing family through and through. I would recommend this venue a thousand times over! (If I could give you more than five stars, I would).

Our dream venue

Reviewed on 1/24/2015 Heather B

Working in the wedding industry, I see many wedding venues. A few years back (way before we were engaged) I traveled to Mcguires Millrace Farm to do hair and makeup for my bride, and instantly fell in love with the venue. Although I was not engaged yet, I knew that this is where... Read More one day I would want to be married. 5 years later, it happened. I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding venue. McGuires Millrace Farm provided the most beautiful location for our dream wedding. Not only is the scenery gorgeous, but Natalie is so precious. She and her family worked so hard to prepare for our day and it showed so much. The on-site chef was just a great touch. The food was to die for- and all our guests thought so too! The fact that he was on-site, made our planning that much easier. Mcguires offers many beautiful rentals and decorations, that we were able to use- which cut our even more time and searching on our part. Our dream wedding turned into reality at McGuires Millrace a Farm and I highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Susan W

What a beautiful venue for a wedding. My son and his wife were married at McGuire's this past weekend. The service, the food and all the special touches made it such a memorable evening. All of the needs of the bride and groom were met from start to finish. Guests raved... Read More about the evening and many said it was the nicest wedding they had ever been to. Thank you to Natalie and the rest of her family for a job well done. Richard and Susan Wolff

Reviewed on 1/10/2016 Jill S

I cannot thank Natalie, Amanda, Tommy and Linda enough for the amazing experience we had at Millrace. Natalie helped walk me through all the planning, created a beautiful theme for our wedding and took care of a million small details I wouldn't have ever thought of! The... Read More flowers Amanda did were perfect, and when the flowers I wanted weren't in season she came up with options that I liked even better, and were less expensive! The food was great and the setting was perfect. My family all stayed at the Lodge and it was great that they could all stay together and the little one's could get naps throughout the celebration and still be close. Tommy and Linda were gracious hosts and made everyone feel right at home. It was an amazing day and a wonderful experience working with the McGuire's!

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Olivia H

Words cannot describe the experience my husband and I had at McGuire's. The McGuire's are truly one-of-a-kind professionals at conducting weddings! I wanted a place close to home, big enough to accommodate 200 guests, and had the vintage feel. The pictures I seen online were... Read More gorgeous; however, I had to see McGuire's myself. the night I found McGuire's online, I called and Linda answered. I was so excited! Natalie, my venue coordinator and day-of coordinator, gave my mother and I a tour of the farm and the barn. I booked in less than 30 minutes! The day of my wedding, Natalie, Linda, and Tommy dressed the part and made me, my husband, family, and friends feel so welcomed! Leading up to the big day after many months of planning, Natalie was always just a phone call away to answer all my questions. Natalie and her mother, Linda, both are so kind and know how to make the wedding experience stress free! As I write this testimonial, I am blessed to have married my best friend at such a beautiful venue, surrounded by two rows of birch trees, 200 guest including family and friends, and The McGuire's! The McGuire's truly made my dream wedding come true! Thank you McGuire's for all the wonderful memories that I will always remember!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 3/14/2015 Rachel M

Words cannot begin to describe our experience at McGuire’s Millrace Farms. From the very first email to the last minutes at the reception, Natalie and her family treated us with such kindness, love and expertise- Wedding planning is truly their passion and forte! Two weeks after... Read More our wedding we are still getting compliments on the service, atmosphere, beauty and food McGuire’s offers. Choosing this venue and working with the McGuire’s family and staff was the best decision we made and they truly made this experience memorable, and stress free- And for that we cannot thank them enough!

Everything and so much more

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Stephanie

Natalie and the whole McGuire Family were amazing to work with. The Farm is an absolute dream and made our wedding exactly what we wanted it, form the atmosphere to the service they provided. The McGuire's Millrace Farm was the first venue we looked at and as soon as we drove... Read More down the gravel driveway we knew this was a special place and after meeting the McGuire's it was all set in stone. Natalie or her mom Linda were always available by phone or email when I had any questions and were very responsible with anything and everything I needed. They offer so many additions on their site that makes it very convenient when travelling. We were able to have everything we wanted in a wedding and were not confined in any way. The McGuire's wanted to give us everything we wanted and worked with us every step of the way. They also offer a on-site Lodge that is just amazing and so convenient. Weeks after the wedding we still get so many compliments on the location and are amazed we found such a location that had EVERYTHING we wanted. In the end, the wedding went off perfectly and was so happy to see everyone having a good time and enjoying the farm as much as my husband and I do. We highly recommend this place. We will be back in the future.

Everything and so much more!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Stephanie

Mountain Wedding

Reviewed on 9/30/2014 Leslie G

I had a wonderful experience working with the McGuire family for our wedding! The venue is gorgeous and the people are great to work with. They were always easy to get in touch with, very flexible, and incredibly nice. The food is also amazing. I would definitely recommend... Read More this venue to anyone needing a beautiful place in the mountains for an event.

Picturesque Location with Top-Notch Service

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Mallory B

Choosing to have our wedding at the McGuire’s Millrace Farm was the easiest and best decision we made!! The Barn is nestled between the mountains and still takes my breath away every time I see it! The Farm is the perfect picture of rustic elegance and is unmatched by any other... Read More venue. The grounds, along with the services provided, swept us and our guests off our feet from the beginning. Natalie and Linda were willing and anxious to meet with me numerous times until we were able to pin down exactly what we wanted. They were the perfect blend of offering advice without being overbearing and making suggestions where they were needed. Their in-house floral designer, Amanda, was able to create the exact vision I had for flowers. I gave her colors and a few flowers that I liked and she ran with it and created something better than I ever could have imagined!! I am still getting compliments months later on the flowers and décor we used. The Chef at the Farm helped us select a menu that everyone loved and raved about- we had a traditional BBQ Dinner complete with various sauces to satisfy everyone’s preference. We also chose to use the in-house DJ. He promised to keep the dance floor full all night and he delivered!! I had out of town family choose to utilize the Millhouse which can sleep up to 30 people- they were all raving about the facility! It's a beautiful place to stay and nice to have everyone together- and close by! I can’t imagine a better venue for a wedding and reception! The Team at Millrace truly cares about each and every client and strives to make their day perfect!!

McGuire's Millrace Farm / Starnes Wedding

Reviewed on 8/03/2014

My son and his wife, Kyle and Samantha Starnes, were recently married at McGuire’s Millrace Farm in Murphy, North Carolina. They could not have chosen a more beautiful venue. The owner’s and staff were wonderful to work with. They went out of their way to ensure the couple’s... Read More vision for this special day was accomplished. They were very responsive to both emails and phone calls. The McGuire’s were very knowledgeable of wedding ceremony traditions and listened intently to what the bride and groom, as well as the parents envisioned, enabling us to incorporate many ideas in a cohesive manner. They were flexible when needed, and provided guidance when necessary. Since the ‘Bride and Groom’ live away from the members of the wedding party, it was important to them to be able to spend time with their friends and family during the weekend. ‘The Lodge’ was a wonderful option for providing accommodations to all of the wedding party and their guests. This was a perfect setting to allow the young adults to enjoy spending time with one another throughout the weekend. The facility was not only beautifully built, it was well thought out for the needs of the guests. The entire weekend; from our arrival at ‘The Lodge’, the rehearsal dinner, and the wedding all exceeded any of our expectations. It was a beautiful ‘Wedding Weekend’ and we could not have asked for anything more.

SECOND TO NONE!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Erin W

Tommy, Linda, Natalie, Frank and team provide outstanding service that is second to none! The entire staff of McGuire’s Millrace Farm bent over backwards to ensure our day went just how we had planned and delivered a customized event that made all our dreams come true. My... Read More husband and I envisioned a laid back, rustic, country chic wedding. We wanted an environment that encouraged our guests to eat, drink, be merry and dance the night away. We got everything we wanted and then some! The McGuire’s Millrace Farm team was extremely flexible with set up, décor and vendor selections, allowing us to truly personalize the event we envisioned. They even put up with my numerous phone calls, e-mails and visits with my measuring tape and notepad (bless their hearts!). Frank, the master chef, provided an incredible meal that I still fantasize over and helped make sure everything came together perfectly. The team put countless hours into each and every detail of our wedding event, as if it were their own. It was so nice to be able to enjoy the weekend with friends and family and not have to worry about who was going to set out decorations, display favors, light the fire pit when the sun goes down, etc. This is an experience that most brides are not lucky enough to enjoy. The facilities are immaculate, intimate and comfortable. The grounds and views are absolutely breathtaking and create incredible pictures. The staff was extremely accommodating, flexible with our requests and made everyone feel like a special guest. I cannot say enough about this wonderful place! There is nowhere else I would have had my wedding. It was truly one of the best days of our lives!

Beyond you wedding dreams!

Reviewed on 6/27/2014 Bethany J

Professional venue that will make you feel like family, really. McGuire's Millrace Farm is radiating with beauty and history, southern charm and hospitality. They provide award winning food that surpasses any wedding I have attended. They even provide a variety of decorations... Read More to fit any wedding style. Stunning variety of ceremony sites from near a pond, mountain view, between rows of trees, to under an arbor. They respond to every question promptly, no matter what you ask. They are incredibly accommodating to your budget and needs, with a smile! Planning a wedding 10 hours away in south Louisiana,you could imagine my stress as a bride. McGuire's Millrace Farm's staff truly made my dreams come true, my wedding day was truly a fairy tale, a stress-free one at that mainly because of their professionalism yet family-like demeanor and always willing to make you comfortable with your choices. If you don't believe me, book them and you will see all the above and more. I am so glad I chose McGuire's Millrace Farm for my wedding, because now that I am married, I am left with wonderful memories and the experience of a perfect wedding come true.

Rustic Wedding

Reviewed on 11/12/2013 Michelle G

Normally when a bride plans her wedding, the wedding becomes the main focus of everything she does. However, my wedding was just the opposite. I chose to get married on top of graduating from graduate school, taking national boards, moving, and starting a new job. That it why... Read More it was very important for me to choose a venue that would be stress free. McGuire’s Millrace Farm was that venue. Linda and Natalie were there to answer every question whether via email or telephone, even if it was concerning the smallest detail. On the day of our wedding I honestly do not remember worrying about anything, I truly got to enjoy my day as the bride. Thank you to Linda, Natalie and all the staff at McGuire’s Millrace Farm for making our wedding day perfect!

2013-11-14T13:17:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michelle!! Your wedding was very special and beautiful!! We enjoyed working with you and your family and are so pleased to hear that we were able to relieve your stress. Our goal is always to ensure that your wedding, and the planning process,... Read Less Read More

Our Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 10/05/2013 Rebecca B

My husband and I got married September 1st at McGuire’s Millrace Farm in Murphy, North Carolina. It was everything we could have hoped for! It was our very own fairy tale. We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding at the McGuire’s. We looked at a number of venues before... Read More we finally found McGuire’s. We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding and to for a barn for the reception. One night I was browsing the internet and McGuire’s popped up. We scheduled a time to go look at the venue and we knew as soon as we pulled up to the farm that it was the place for us! It was amazingly beautiful! The feeling we had when we saw the farm was the same feeling we had when we first met. That feeling arose when we pulled up to the continuous rows of river birch trees and the barn nestled in the middle of the farm. It was a breath taking view. Natalie and her family treated us like family as soon as we got out of the car. They were so willing to help us and to make our wedding day the best day ever. They were a pleasure to work with and were so reliable when it came to contacting them with any questions. We had a couple of meeting with Natalie to go over details and they were so helpful and made the whole experience less stressful. On our big day Natalie and her family were helpful in making the preparations and putting up the decorations which helped us enjoy our wedding day even more. Every aspect was pin point to what we had discussed in our meeting. Since we do not live in Murphy, Natalie supplied us with a list of vendors. Off that list, we chose Peachtree Florist for our flowers. We talked with Greg by e-mail and phone to discuss our flower arrangements. He made sure our flowers arrived early to the venue, so we were able to incorporate the flowers in our pictures. The flowers were everything we could have asked for and so much more. We couldn’t have asked for anything more. Mountain Resort Entertainment was the DJ we chose. Even on a short notice they were able to accommodate our song choices and they did a great job. Janie Hensley was the director we chose and we are so glad we did. She made sure everyone knew their place and the timeline of events. We had family friends who did the photos and bridal party hair. Brandi Clemmons who owns Blush Photography did an outstanding job. She was wonderful to have at the wedding because she made sure she took all the pictures we wanted and so much more. Her husband, Adam came along and helped her take photos and he was great to have there. Emily Sikorski did my hair and the bridesmaids’ hair. She did an amazing job! She had a lot of hair to do 5 bridesmaids, junior bridesmaid, flower girl, my mom, and my hair. She not only finished our hair, but she did an outstanding job. I could not have asked for anything more. My husband’s aunt made our wedding cake. We loved the cake and it was yummy! The cake was beautiful. Our wedding was like a fairy tale and we could not have dreamed of a more perfect day! We are so glad we found the McGuire’s they made us feel like family and made our wedding day everything we could have asked for and so much more! We were able to share our special day surrounded by our friends and family! We want to thank everyone have everything they did to make our wedding day the best day possible!

2013-11-14T13:22:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you Rebecca for your very thorough and thoughtful review! I am so glad to hear that you were pleased with everything. It was a beautiful wedding with many thoughtful touches. You, Kenneth, and your families were an absolute pleasure to work with!!

Unsurpassed in all things 'Wedding!'

Reviewed on 5/06/2013 Em G

Wonderful wedding

Reviewed on 3/11/2013

The venue is beautiful. The wedding was perfect and the staff is great!!

2013-03-12T09:37:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words! Our goal always is to give you the perfect wedding! Your pictures turned out great!! We were privaleged to be a part of your very special day!

Wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2013 Kelley J

Linda and Natalie at McGuire's Millrace Farm were wonderful to work with and did everything to accommodate us on our wedding day. The venue is incredibly beautiful and immaculate. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. They made our wedding day stress free and... Read More very memorable. It is a beautiful place for pictures, both inside and outside. We would definitely recommend McGuire's Millrace Farm for any special events, especially weddings.

2013-03-08T09:32:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! You and your family were such a joy to work with! I absolutely cannot wait to see your pictures in the snow! You were stunningly gorgeous. What a wonderful way to start our wedding season this year! Best wishes to you... Read Less Read More

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 7/29/2012 Allura B

My and I were recently married and hosted our reception at McGuire's Millrace Farm in beautiful North Carolina. We could not have chosen a more wonderful, serene location or worked with such amazingly, hospitable owners and staff! Linda, Tommie, and Natalie went out of their... Read More way to ensure our day was as unique and memorable as it could be. They have open communication and are very responsive to phone calls and emails regarding any detail, and they make you feel like your time is theirs with no sense of rushing. The day before the wedding, they were doing as much decorating as us and again, it is customized according to your themes and ideas. There are many decorations available to be used, at no additional charge, however, the barn is so beautiful and naturally so, that you don't need to add anything to it and it would look classy and chic! Our day was perfect and the other vendors were in awe asking how we found this gorgeous venue. There are acres of mountains and pastures with historical buildings that serve as ideal locations to capture your memories of your special day!

2012-07-30T20:30:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Allura! We so enjoyed working with you and Tomas too! We appreciate being able to host your special event on our farm. You were such a joy to work with, making your wedding and reception what you wanted it to be. Your pictures... Read Less Read More

The Perfect Mountain Venue! <3

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Ashley F

McGuire's Millrace Farm is truly an amazing venue and I couldn't be happier about having my wedding at such a quaint beautiful location. The owner's/operators are wonderful and will work out every detail with you. The food is delicious and their are tons of photo ops on the... Read More farm. I just love it!

2012-07-30T20:39:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Ashley! We had such a great time with your country themed wedding and reception. Your ideas and decorations accentuated ours in such a wonderful way! We enjoyed getting to know you and your family. You and Bobby come see us sometime when you... Read Less Read More

Absolutely wonderful

Reviewed on 4/12/2012 Bonnie K

Linda and the staff at the Millrace Farm do their absolute best to accommodate all your requests and do everything they can to ensure you have your dream wedding! I had my reception there and it was absolutely beautiful. The farm is such a beautiful secluded place seemingly... Read More built for stunning photos! My photographer called it "a photographer's dream". All the staff were some of the nicest people I've ever come into contact with and the food was outstanding! As a bride, you won't have to worry about a thing. Linda will take care of it all according to your requests. Such a wonderful experience!

2012-07-30T20:36:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Bonnie! Your reception was such a joy to put together. Your pictures on the farm could not have been any prettier! Stay in touch and drop by to see us sometime!!! God bless you and Ben!!

Meet The Coordinator

Natalie McGuire Gibbs

Hello! My name is Natalie McGuire Gibbs, and I'm excited to be your personal wedding director and the venue coordinator at McGuire's Millrace Farm! Having grown up on the farm, I have been immersed in the wedding business for over half of my life. I enjoy helping each bride and groom plan their special day to create a unique event. My ultimate goal is to provide you with the wedding of your dreams, and to make your wedding planning a fun, memorable, and stress-free experience!